What's new

FCDC circa 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Austin was on staff in the 80's...mainly as estates. The Hildenburgers, Crowes, William Stanley, Nancy Aronian, Doug Legum, Rod Jenkins...etc

Doug Legum.. whoo boy, didn't they love to reg poor Doug. Let's not forget Louie Bellucci - such a nice guy.
 
The rubberized sweat suits. Geeze. Remember those well. I'm surprised more people did not pass out running around in those things. What were we thinking!

I dont recall the crazy hair lady; vague memory of the ex-Army girl.

Ahhh ... the Cold Duck. Fond memories. Only staff I knew who worked there was Marti Farra.

I used to eat at the Duck every night. Marti Farra - mmm, she was pretty hot as I recall :)
 
Louie-lou-i

Oh yeah. I think Louie holds the all time record for receiving the most touch-assists. Loved his stories from when he was DofP when Ron was there back in the fifties.

Yeah, Louie used to complain about his leg hurting if it wasn't warm enough. I remember giving him a touch assist in the summer with a space heater in the small room. It was like I was in the pre purification program.

I finally learned to disappear from the internship classroom about the time Louie would show up.
 
Ah Bruce, wasn't he head of Info Branch 1 in the GO? I remember having dinner with him one night and him telling me about getting mugged and refusing to give the mugger his wallet - so the mugger shot him.

I think he WAS Branch 2 most of the time. I saw him in the early 80s when I was in LA. Said he was working on opening a body shop.

Didn't Marty ferra marry Paul Konzic?
 
Yeah, I think she did, but i don't think it lasted too long. Paul later married Linda Troutman, from the LRH comm's office. Last i heard they were both at Flag. Remember Ronna Vanadestrad? She used to keep LRH's office all neat and tidy on the 2nd floor outside Qual. I used to want to go in there and move things around. I mean, even back then i knew things were fishy. Especially with all the head shots of lrh around and that bronze bust of him. We used to have to cough up money for birthday and christmas gifts for him (on what $20 a week). oh my.

I feel free.

I like the idea of a party. anyone going to the rally in July in DC????
 
Yeah, I think she did, but i don't think it lasted too long. Paul later married Linda Troutman, from the LRH comm's office. Last i heard they were both at Flag.
-Snip-
I like the idea of a party. anyone going to the rally in July in DC????

I remember Linda Troutman.

Rally? Oh yeah.

long gone said:
Yes, well I did say I had fond memories. It wasn't the :) $1 budweisers.
Everyone was hot back then. :)
 
The Party!

Should we invite Dave Richards? If -5 folks say "Yes"- I'll call him up and extend the invitation. He's In-but not on lines-it's mostly because of family connections and not being exposed to the overts of the cos.
 
WTF?

A few days ago, I posted the notion of having an exes-fcdc- party! Only one person indicated any interest. WTF?
 
Div6 to the rescue!

Do it as an after party to the over9000man march July 19th...

http://overninethousand.org/

Great Idea! You be the man Div6! Let's Party Hardy! Nozeno you bring the beer. GoButton and Escalus bring the smokes and the jokes. Anabaptist bring the masks [Guy Fawkes-will do nicely]. And somebody- bring the CAKE! Cupcakes for 9,000!:clap:
 
Should we invite Dave Richards? If -5 folks say "Yes"- I'll call him up and extend the invitation. He's In-but not on lines-it's mostly because of family connections and not being exposed to the overts of the cos.

Definitely invite Dave Richards. Invite everybody, in or out. Even Harvey Littman. He can sell everybody a new set of Basics.
Seriously though. Invite everybody. But give people who live far away enough time to get there and schedule it when people who live far away can make it. Like a three day weekend. Maybe we can all go visit the museum at 1810-1812.

The Anabaptist Jacques
 
To-TAJ [from now on taj=the anabaptistjacques]

Definitely invite Dave Richards. Invite everybody, in or out. Even Harvey Littman. He can sell everybody a new set of Basics.
Seriously though. Invite everybody. But give people who live far away enough time to get there and schedule it when people who live far away can make it. Like a three day weekend. Maybe we can all go visit the museum at 1810-1812.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Okay- Great idea-your in charge of the invites-recruit others to help-geez Harvey Litman-I remember him- is he still in? and what is he doing? don't tell me he's the Exec Dir----
 
Okay- Great idea-your in charge of the invites-recruit others to help-geez Harvey Litman-I remember him- is he still in? and what is he doing? don't tell me he's the Exec Dir----

Thanks Unc, I forgot about Harvey. He had one of the best "reverse laughs" I've ever heard. A reverse laugh is term I just came up with that means that rather than expel air when laughing, one sucks it in.

The term is original, I think, but the phenomenon is well known. I know you know what I mean. We've all known one or two.
 
I think this can work. We don't have to promote that we are exes. we just say that a group of old-timers are going to have a reunion. I like this idea. Let me think about the logistics.
This thread has been fun for me. And it has revived a passion I once had. I don't think in my life that I ever held other people in such high regards as I did when I was on staff at FCDC in the early 1970s. It wasn't because of the tech, it was becasue of the shared hope and respect we had for each other. And I not only held my fellow staff members in high regards either. For me at least, I had a higher respect and tolerance for people in general back then--because of what I was doing and who I was associating with.
I'm proud that I stood toe to toe with those people. I liked them. We had fun.
As the Church deteriorated over the years I use to think that the new people working there and running it into the ground had misunderstoods or didn't understand Ron's intent. I thought I had it right but they didn't. Well I've come to realize since that I had it wrong and the ones now have it right. It is being run now standardly. The insanity is inherent in Hubbard's writings. But the reason we made it work better then than they can make it work now is because it was us. We had our hearts and minds set on helping others. And we did it our way. We took what parts of the tech we knew and filtered it through our personalities and high hopes. Now, of course, that is called the wrong way and out-tech. But it wasn't the tech that made the gains possible, it was the people there who made it possible.

Let me know what you all think about this. I think that if all those well intentioned people came together agin to share their humorous and cherished memories that it would be the best spiritual therapy we can imagine.

The Anabaptist Jacques
 
I think this can work. We don't have to promote that we are exes. we just say that a group of old-timers are going to have a reunion. I like this idea. Let me think about the logistics.
This thread has been fun for me. And it has revived a passion I once had. I don't think in my life that I ever held other people in such high regards as I did when I was on staff at FCDC in the early 1970s. It wasn't because of the tech, it was becasue of the shared hope and respect we had for each other. And I not only held my fellow staff members in high regards either. For me at least, I had a higher respect and tolerance for people in general back then--because of what I was doing and who I was associating with.
I'm proud that I stood toe to toe with those people. I liked them. We had fun.
As the Church deteriorated over the years I use to think that the new people working there and running it into the ground had misunderstoods or didn't understand Ron's intent. I thought I had it right but they didn't. Well I've come to realize since that I had it wrong and the ones now have it right. It is being run now standardly. The insanity is inherent in Hubbard's writings. But the reason we made it work better then than they can make it work now is because it was us. We had our hearts and minds set on helping others. And we did it our way. We took what parts of the tech we knew and filtered it through our personalities and high hopes. Now, of course, that is called the wrong way and out-tech. But it wasn't the tech that made the gains possible, it was the people there who made it possible.

Let me know what you all think about this. I think that if all those well intentioned people came together agin to share their humorous and cherished memories that it would be the best spiritual therapy we can imagine.

The Anabaptist Jacques

What he said.

Fuck yeah. I'd go.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top