What's new

FCDC circa 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes there are living M of H recipients, but

the vast majority of them got posthumously decorated. It is very very difficult to recieve the nation's highest military honor, and if I had one I would salute no one, even if I was active. Yes, honorees do salute because they still respect the military.

If you want an eye opener, go to the third floor of Walter Reed down the hall from the chow hall. It is heartbreaking...kids with 1, 2, 3 or all limbs removed. And they still get their hair cut, they say they want to go back to their unit.
Say what you want about George Bush, he constantly visited that hospital with no press coverage. Cheney likewise visited every chance he got. Bush still meets with grieving families to no coverage. Obama? MIA.
 
I agree...

the vast majority of them got posthumously decorated. It is very very difficult to recieve the nation's highest military honor, and if I had one I would salute no one, even if I was active. Yes, honorees do salute because they still respect the military.

If you want an eye opener, go to the third floor of Walter Reed down the hall from the chow hall. It is heartbreaking...kids with 1, 2, 3 or all limbs removed. And they still get their hair cut, they say they want to go back to their unit.
Say what you want about George Bush, he constantly visited that hospital with no press coverage. Cheney likewise visited every chance he got. Bush still meets with grieving families to no coverage. Obama? MIA.

The kids at Walter Reed are honorable and great citizens but I take offense that it was the Washington Post that uncovered the incredible disservice rendered to these soldiers and not the administration of bush and cheney. If not for the "press" the horrible conditions at this and other military hospitals would of never been corrected. These-very young warriors deserve the best this country has to offer and especially in their time of need. The LAST administration is not a friend of the military nor did the administration render all the necessary medical assistance required by the vast numbers of amputees and brain damaged young soldiers. I was riveted at the tragedy the LAST administration perpetuated upon these young people by the horrendous lack of proper care given especially to those who received brain damage and loss of limbs. Bah-to those who hid this travesty, One "general" was relieved of command -whoa-that hurts--but not so much as the young men and women who lost a portion of their skulls and will never have a chance to live a decent life as we do. Many of these victims are newly married with infant children who now have brain damaged parents. The terrible irony is that the "mash" units of the American military managed to save lives that in the past would of been over. But---the after care for these was not provided for although if was foreseen- kinda like -not having the proper amour for the humvees against the improvised detonated explosives used by the militants. Don't excuse me for calling donald rumsfield and his new strategies and tactics one of the most evil assholes ever to do damage to the US military.I would like him to be tried as a traitor - his jury the wives and mothers and fathers of those who are permanently brain damaged by this war. Enough of my rant for now- I'm sure that someone will defend rumsfield and I'll start anew. But -before I leave--look in a mirror and pretend to see your head minus a fistful of your brain.
 
The kids at Walter Reed are honorable and great citizens but I take offense that it was the Washington Post that uncovered the incredible disservice rendered to these soldiers and not the administration of bush and cheney. If not for the "press" the horrible conditions at this and other military hospitals would of never been corrected. These-very young warriors deserve the best this country has to offer and especially in their time of need. The LAST administration is not a friend of the military nor did the administration render all the necessary medical assistance required by the vast numbers of amputees and brain damaged young soldiers. I was riveted at the tragedy the LAST administration perpetuated upon these young people by the horrendous lack of proper care given especially to those who received brain damage and loss of limbs. Bah-to those who hid this travesty, One "general" was relieved of command -whoa-that hurts--but not so much as the young men and women who lost a portion of their skulls and will never have a chance to live a decent life as we do. Many of these victims are newly married with infant children who now have brain damaged parents. The terrible irony is that the "mash" units of the American military managed to save lives that in the past would of been over. But---the after care for these was not provided for although if was foreseen- kinda like -not having the proper amour for the humvees against the improvised detonated explosives used by the militants. Don't excuse me for calling donald rumsfield and his new strategies and tactics one of the most evil assholes ever to do damage to the US military.I would like him to be tried as a traitor - his jury the wives and mothers and fathers of those who are permanently brain damaged by this war. Enough of my rant for now- I'm sure that someone will defend rumsfield and I'll start anew. But -before I leave--look in a mirror and pretend to see your head minus a fistful of your brain.

And the Last admistration put them in the hospital in the first place.

The Anabaptist Jacques
 
sorry to be the only defender of WRAMC

Walter Reed saved my life at least a half dozen times. The hospital has been nothing but fantastic for me. Anyone could dig up what the Wash Pest did, simply because the hospital is very old and never been funded properly by any administration, especially the Clinton admin. If you guys want to fight with me about Walter Reed, you are picking the wrong guy. Best doctors around, who are very conscientious and provide the best care possible. The Post sucks big donkey dicks, and for every allegation they splashed across their front page, I have first and second hand evidence to refute that shit. Oh, now that there is a democrat admin, suddenly everything is peachy keen. Like when Clinton was running the first time the "homelessnes" issue was running 24 hours a day in the media. Once he in in the WH, miraculously there are no more homeless. So fuck you all.

One last point: before we entered WWII, there were very loud isolationist, stay out of Europe's affairs cries all over the nation. Then we have that little incident at Hickham Field in Hawaii. On a dime, the entire nation all of a sudden becomes a war machine cranking out 25 times more war material than any other nation on earth. Fast forward some years and Khobar Towers is reduced to rubble killing 19 servicemen, 241 US Marines are murdered in Lebanon, Kenya has a little mishap with the US Embassy, Iran keeps, what 400 Americans in prison for 400 some days, some muslims try to blow up the World Trade Center, the USS Cole is attacked killing sailors and making the US Navy a chump, SO TELL ME, when were we ever going to defend ourselves? Was there no precendent before 11Sep01? Unfortunately there was 30 years' precedent, and that time over 3000 died. Oh, right we should have done nothing, because it is better to be nice to muslims.

Iraq and Afghanistan have decimated al Qaeda and the Taliban. Every muslim in the world has gone there and we have been killing them as fast as they get there. It has been with a cost, but this war has the LOWEST casualty rate in US history. And our boys have killed something on the order of 70 to 100 thousand of them. If you think Walter Reed is a disgrace, talk to WWII vets who came home by the millions. We had 12 million men under arms in WWII; we have had about 150,000 in Iraq doing a wonderful job.

Who the fuck got us into VIET NAM? Can you say John F Kennedy? Can you say Lyndon Johnson wringing his hands as he sent a half million boys over there? Can you say Robert McNamara who would not listen to men on the
ground? Can you say Richard Nixon WHO GOT US OUT OF THERE?

My brother in law spent 27 months in Viet Nam, and he has said many times
"Say what you want about Nixon, but he got us out of there."

At least there was a provocation in the current war we are fighting.
 
what does #85 mean?

I think Winston is saying his post count was stuck at #85. He's now #86, so, apparently not. maybe a cookie problem? something about some local/proxy/whatever setting?

anyway, he's beyond 85 now, so, well on the way to Alanzo's Bridge to Total Status, unless he gives up now...

Zinj
 
The last several posts have been #85. On different days, different topics.
I have had enough.

Its the newish servers....sometimes I hit quote and it quotes post from elsewhere in the thread....

Hang in there you'll get more stars.

And as they say, thanks for your service.
 
actually I have calmed down

and I am proud of my little star. The telescreen has assured me that no more displays of anger are allowed. So I am quiet now; I feel better. But please don't attack WRAMC again. You will have the wrath of Big Brother upon you.
 
Just a historical note. In 1968 LBJ started negotiations to end the Vietnam War. Nixon, who was running for president, sent Madame Chiang Kai Shek to Paris to tell the North Vietnamese legation not to accept any offers from LBJ because they would get a better deal from him than LBJ. So the war continued. More American soldiers were killed in Vietnam after Nixon became president than before he was president. And one can make the argument that the American soldiers died in Vietnam so that Nixon could become president.

The Anabaptist Jacques
 
Just a historical note. In 1968 LBJ started negotiations to end the Vietnam War. Nixon, who was running for president, sent Madame Chiang Kai Shek to Paris to tell the North Vietnamese legation not to accept any offers from LBJ because they would get a better deal from him than LBJ. So the war continued. More American soldiers were killed in Vietnam after Nixon became president than before he was president. And one can make the argument that the American soldiers died in Vietnam so that Nixon could become president.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Just like Reagan & the Hostages.


Mark A. Baker
 
Yeah Ayatollah Khomeni was scared shitless that Reagan would actually do something rather than an ill concieved poorly executed attempt by Carter.

When I left the band,
I met a coworker who was a platoon lieutenant of one platoon that perished in Lebanon. He had just separated and started his new job two weeks after leaving his men. He was devastated, inconsolable that his kids had been murdered. That Reagan had no response to that was unforgivable. I will never ever respect Paul X Kelly for not resigning his Commandant commission.
When you personally know marines and soldiers it is a different story.
 
Underailment

I have a deep and very serious observation regarding FCDC in the 70s:

There wasn't enough fucking going on!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top