Uncle Sam, sounds like you didn't understand the illusions you were selling. That must be hard to suddenly realize what the whole con was about and therefore making it impossible to continue. I wonder how many other regges have the same realization.
In my situation in the band, at the end the stark reality of younger players taking over made my last years bleak. And now that I am gone, I see the very players who put pressure on me are having it placed on them by newbies. (See, music is a very competitive, pressure filled occupation regardless of how the audience percieves it.)
But we all are in a better place now.
You are absolutely "correct"--I could only sell "this stuff" when - I had not experienced it! After - I did the bridge and only then did I realize that I could not introduce anyone else to the false hope and promise of this "church". It was easy to sell when you had hope--impossible to sell when you had "tasted" the product-at least for -myself. Anyone else have this happen to them?
I sure wish the hell you had told me what you realized when you got back from LA!![]()
The Anabaptist Jacques
Ya got me laughing [inappropriate-for sure]. Imagine that it was morning muster [which I never ever attended] and the CO announces that Unlce Sam is just back from LA were he went Clear-OT and Class 6 and and he [me] would like to address his fellow staff.
"Dear Fellow Theatans [me speaking]-it is with great sadness that after spending the last year and a half doing the full bridge that it is my duty to tell you-this shit simply does not work-OT 3 is a laughing matter-the whole thing is a big con and you are nothing more than dupes-so - after I shut the fuck up -Run For The Hills".
![]()
Sometimes a secret is what someone knows and is afraid to say.
And then there are secrets that everybody knows and everyone is afraid to say.
You probably would have only persuaded a few of us though.
The Anabaptist Jacques
He didn't need to persuade me since I left before he came back.
I guess some of us are innately more intelligent than others.
Don't feel too bad. Everybody does a little dummheit sometime. Scientology is evil because it only takes one before the trap snaps shut.
Zinj
"Scientology is evil" - Casper would be proud.
Actually Scientology is not evil, it's people's gullibility and inability that's "evil". If there is such a thing as evil.
Ya got me laughing on this one---it's like comparing monkeys in zoo and which one is the "cute" one. I never ever met a real smart scientologist-how could they be?????
My truth is-it's just so sad.

No, actually I meant it exactly as I said it. Scientology is *designed* to be a trap. You could quibble and say that it's Ron who was 'evil', but, it's enough to say that Scientology is a deliberate trap *set* to catch the unwary.
The major guilt on the trapees is naivete.
Zinj
Hey Z. Not trying to be argumentative here but I don't agree with you.
You don't know what Hubbard had in mind. I assume you can't read minds and I assume that any mind is different from day to day.
To say that Scientology was a deliberate trap is a bit pretentious. Just sayin'.
You don't have to agree with me.
I've evaluated Scientology and reached my conclusions. Your mileage obviously *does* vary. But, I reached my conclusions based not only on the mechanism, but the products and the evolution of the 'science' to *achieve* those products.
Scientology delivers what it was *intended* to deliver. Slavery.
Ron had quite a while to 'get it right'
Zinj
Well if slavery is what he had in mind it's ironic that he'd write things like "Personal Integrity" and "What is Greatness".
It's ironic that he would provide the common sense tools to avoid the sorts of traps that are also part and parcel.
My take is that I don't know what he had in mind nor will I ever know.
I just find it curious when others have arrived at such solid conclusions without a real basis for them.
Anyway, glad we're both out and doing well!
Hey Z. Not trying to be argumentative here but I don't agree with you.
You don't know what Hubbard had in mind. I assume you can't read minds and I assume that any mind is different from day to day.
To say that Scientology was a deliberate trap is a bit pretentious. Just sayin'.
These are all just links on the slave's chains. I don't think he would write "I want you for my slave" and expect that to work.
And I do have a real basis for my conclusions, which happen to be the same as Zinj's, and I arrived at them on my own long before I ever heard of Zinj.
The Anabaptist Jacques