What's new

FCDC circa 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winston can drop in and play bass with me anytime he wants :) I'm a *miserable* bassist. We can probably even scratch up some broad-minded groupies.

Of course, that's a comedown for a cellist, but, I'm willing to let him bring his axe to the session.

Zinj

One of the greatest cellists in the world started life as a bassist. I studied with him in the late 60s...Danny Rothmuller, associate principal cellist of the LA Phil. While I did not study long with him, his influence to this day shapes my sound. He was in the Marine Band 66-70, got the LA job in 71. At Indiana Univ he was a bassist, and when Janos Starker heard him play he insisted he switch to cello. (Starker was one of the handful of magnificent cellists the last generation) Danny needless to say practiced 7 hours a day when in the band, as he had so much catching up to do. BUT his performances of Dvorak concerto and Tchaik Rococo Variations to my mind have never been equalled, possible exception Lynn Harrell's recordings.

Sorry if this sounds "inside baseball," but I get so excited thinking about Danny. His playing can only be described as David Oistrakh on cello...pure love in every note.
 
To Blue...

Jeff was my first Reg at FCDC. I liked him then.

I saw Jeff Kronin a few weeks ago at the food store and he gave me
the polite cold shoulder, no doubt as he was picking up my flows
that I wanted to give him a few hints as to what has been happening.

He clearly had that all-to-familiar look on his face of:
"I just want to stay comfortable in my sycophantic non-looking way."
That look is SO OBVIOUS !!! :duh:

So what else is new ??

It is real sickening to this being to see all of these pretend OT's
who couldn't OT there way out of a "wet paper bag".
They aren't riding the Big Roller Coaster ride (so to speak) but
are riding in the Kiddie Boat ride around in a small circle in shallow water.

Any of you guys remember Glen Echo Amusement Park where I just
took the above pictures from ?

Too bad about Jeff-I presume he's still In...He and I were very good friends while we shared the reg office,,,

Glen Echo---I went as a toddler--and I go as and adult-great place!
 
Okay you lazy FCDCers, I know that some of you still live in this area. Break out your walkers and lets go to dinner. Bring pictures of old hotties and discuss who would have slept with who in real time!

Plus delicious foods.

Plus hugs.

Plus cake.
 
Okay you lazy FCDCers, I know that some of you still live in this area. Break out your walkers and lets go to dinner. Bring pictures of old hotties and discuss who would have slept with who in real time!

Plus delicious foods.

Plus hugs.

Plus cake.

I wish I could take you up on that, but I'm a thousand miles away.

The Anabaptist Jacques
 
DCA,,,,

Okay you lazy FCDCers, I know that some of you still live in this area. Break out your walkers and lets go to dinner. Bring pictures of old hotties and discuss who would have slept with who in real time!

Plus delicious foods.

Plus hugs.

Plus cake.

I have no pictures of the old "hotties" nor am I local.... However-I would like to meet you and thank you in person for all that you are doing..... Hopefully- the next time I'm back in my hometown---I'll pm you and arrange a meeting-- I presume you live 'downtown"--jeez-we could meet at DuPont Circle and flash raid the org---I don't think I'd be recognize by any current staff ---as my privacy is still important to me. Till then...adieu
 
This website is so bazarre!! I'm reading about people and events that happened so long ago. And then I see my name and I'm described as that skinny red head who used to be married to Allen Blake! Those really were the days! Today I am a special ed teacher for Montgomery County Public Schools. No one would ever have any idea that at one point in time I was in a "cult" and "drank the cool-ade." But I must admit, those days working in the org were quite an experience that I ultimately enjoyed. I still have friends who work at FCDC and talk to them once in a while. But I remember many of the people who were on staff in the 70's and 80's. Lots of stories!
 
Welcome-Colduck

It's great for us that you decided to re-sign and join us.
Special Ed Teachers are so very special to me--I hold your profession in the "highest regard"--thanks for doing what you are doing....of course-a good scillion wouldn't and couldn't do what you do - as you are actually "helping" another!!!!!!! And- I bet - you are not charging $1000.00 an hour for your work. When were you at fcdc?
 
I remember a Cold Duck restaurant. I can't remember if that is where the Empire room used to be, right near the corner of S street and Connecticut ave, or if it was arther down.
I think I was a little before your time.

The Anabaptist Jacques
 
Colduck

Welcome Ducky.

70-74 was my tour of duty. I don't think I know you. I wooda remembered a skinny redhead.

Wasn't there a Cold Duck restaurant on Conn. Ave?
 
Last edited:
By the way, Uncle Sam, Nozeno, Mystic, Winston, and myself, are the people your mother and the Ethics Officer warned you about.

The Anabaptist Jacques

You forgot GoButtonIsBlowButton.

My FCDC intelligence network (HDL hidden data line, not cholesterol) tells me someone should have told her about Blake too.

I didn't know him, I just contributing to the rumor mill.
 
hey Noz, I didn't realize you left the same year as me...I think I was there
71-74. Do not remember Cold Duck,either. Does anyone know the whereabouts of Pandora? Heard she did a Penthouse or something...it would be very curious to see her again!
 
hey Noz, I didn't realize you left the same year as me...I think I was there
71-74. Do not remember Cold Duck,either. Does anyone know the whereabouts of Pandora? Heard she did a Penthouse or something...it would be very curious to see her again!


We left at night when no one was looking. I think it was a night of an all hands. If there are engrams, all hands must be the mother of all engrams.

Pandora did a Hustler "spread" late 70's. We had a copy where I worked until the pages got stuck together and we couldn't separate them.

024-Vier.gif
 
Marriage

This website is so bazarre!! I'm reading about people and events that happened so long ago. And then I see my name and I'm described as that skinny red head who used to be married to Allen Blake! Those really were the days! Today I am a special ed teacher for Montgomery County Public Schools. No one would ever have any idea that at one point in time I was in a "cult" and "drank the cool-ade." But I must admit, those days working in the org were quite an experience that I ultimately enjoyed. I still have friends who work at FCDC and talk to them once in a while. But I remember many of the people who were on staff in the 70's and 80's. Lots of stories!

How interesting. I remember the day (night?) you and Allen got married in the little chapel behind the Div 2 reg area.
 
I have no pictures of the old "hotties" nor am I local.... However-I would like to meet you and thank you in person for all that you are doing..... Hopefully- the next time I'm back in my hometown---I'll pm you and arrange a meeting-- I presume you live 'downtown"--jeez-we could meet at DuPont Circle and flash raid the org---I don't think I'd be recognize by any current staff ---as my privacy is still important to me. Till then...adieu

Lol, no thanks required but dinner and/or flashraiding is always fun! >:3 You come back to us sooooon~


And welcome to the skinny red-head who isn't a red-head anymore! :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top