What's new

FCDC circa 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was 1956, you were playing flag football with your chums and you uncorked a bomb that hit a streaking receiver in stride and The Man had been walking by and he stopped to watch and he came over and told you he could teach you how to do that every time. it was a magic moment, the sandlots are where the legends are born. if you had given him what you then turned and gave to tulpalips it might have been a mentor/protege thing on the order of king oliver/satchmo. it might have been going out as a senior going into the cotton bowl at 10-1 against an undefeated topranked crimson tide, stepping up in the fourth quarter down 40-23 and it ends 44-43 when with 37 seconds on the clock you scramble sixteen yards, smack dead center into the 'bama safety at the three, drive him into the endzone and you tell the story a thousand times, how you dropped back and flashed on the ball in your hand and it felt like the pigskin was glued to your fingertips then you saw a lane open up...

you know how many deals you can close in texas with a story like that?

all of them.

ahh mystic, you might have helped The Man stick it to The Bear.

now if you would be so kind as to tell the class his name?

Oh now I know what you're talking about. That was the crowning glory of my football career which ended right there. Whew! Escaped another path I didn't really care to go down.
 
Are you saying this:

picture.php


does not look like her? I always thought my cello was a woman like her :yes:
How else could I play her?

I dunno. This one looks pretty wooden to me. Looks kinda stiff. I thought a woman was supposed to be soft and warm and pliable....and be able to have a little motion in her.
 
I dunno. This one looks pretty wooden to me. Looks kinda stiff. I thought a woman was supposed to be soft and warm and pliable....and be able to have a little motion in her.

Yes, but that hunk of wood expresses stuff from my heart. Hard to put a value on that.
 
escaped?

Oh now I know what you're talking about. That was the crowning glory of my football career which ended right there. Whew! Escaped another path I didn't really care to go down.

if i calculate accurately that faux pas immediately precedes the beginning of your journey to the nuclear volcanoes 75 million years before Elvis.

p.s. the line it is drawn the curse it is cast. bon appetit nozzie
 
Winnie did you watch the Breeder's Cup.

Zenyatta missed 1st by a nose.

Fuck!

I missed it. Like I said, I know nothing about horse racing, other than the gritty stuff I read about it in Secretariat books. Not sure I know what channel to watch races on. --Loyal to Secretariat to the end :)
 
I missed it. Like I said, I know nothing about horse racing, other than the gritty stuff I read about it in Secretariat books. Not sure I know what channel to watch races on. --Loyal to Secretariat to the end :)

I'm a casual fan and only watch the big ones. This one (Breeders Cup) had the potential to be one people wouldn't ever forget if the mare Zenyata had won. She was 19 for 19 coming in.

The horse that won today came from Claiborne Farm where your boy Secretariat had a few rolls in the hay before he expired.

Secretariat was syndicated by Seth Hancock for breeding purposes and stood at stud at Claiborne Farm at the conclusion of his racing career at the end of 1973 until his death in 1989.

ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/news/story?id=5771987
 
if i calculate accurately that faux pas immediately precedes the beginning of your journey to the nuclear volcanoes 75 million years before Elvis.

p.s. the line it is drawn the curse it is cast. bon appetit nozzie

That wasn't a journey. Was a maundering around in egobloat.
 
I'm a casual fan and only watch the big ones. This one (Breeders Cup) had the potential to be one people wouldn't ever forget if the mare Zenyata had won. She was 19 for 19 coming in.

The horse that won today came from Claiborne Farm where your boy Secretariat had a few rolls in the hay before he expired.

Secretariat was syndicated by Seth Hancock for breeding purposes and stood at stud at Claiborne Farm at the conclusion of his racing career at the end of 1973 until his death in 1989.

ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/news/story?id=5771987

Yeah, being a devoted fan of Secretariat, I knew all that stuff. Did you know that he had 682 children? Some of them were great racers in fact, but none out did their daddy. Secretariat was a last ditch effort to save Meadow Farm (Doswell, VA) from going under, so Penny Chenery agreed to the terms which included quitting at 3 years old and servicing the womenfolk for the rest of his life. That was a tragedy, because no horse loved to race more than he. It absolutely tore Eddie Sweat up...a man who never cried just broke down when he left the great horse at the beautiful Claiborne farm.

Secretariat had record numbers of visitors at Claiborne farm, and he would race around his paddock to show admirers that he still "had it." He loved peppermints and when one admirer showed up with some, he smelled them and jerked his massive head around to go for them. Knocked out the groom--broke ribs also I think. The farm took care of the incident, saying when dealing with racehorses of 1200 pounds there is always danger involved.

He was one of the few horses to be buried whole, in a 6 X 6 oak casket.

See Nozzie, you make me cry...I go on and on. Read Lawrence Scanlan's "The Horse God Built (the untold story of Secretariat, the world's greatest racehorse)"
Thomas Dunne Books, St Martin's Press, NY. May 2007.
 
I just looked at that clip. That was exactly what Secretariat always did...come on like a freight train on the outside. IF the finish line had been twenty feet further, Zenyatta would have won.

(Also just to plug Secretariat one more time, he was the only horse in history to accelerate on the turns...horses maintain speed around corners but do not accelerate. Secretariat unfailingly accelerated.)
 
Last edited:
I'm a casual fan and only watch the big ones. This one (Breeders Cup) had the potential to be one people wouldn't ever forget if the mare Zenyata had won. She was 19 for 19 coming in.

The horse that won today came from Claiborne Farm where your boy Secretariat had a few rolls in the hay before he expired.

Secretariat was syndicated by Seth Hancock for breeding purposes and stood at stud at Claiborne Farm at the conclusion of his racing career at the end of 1973 until his death in 1989.

ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/news/story?id=5771987

I heard that a few of the reges from FCDC was sent to stud and syndicated for breeding purposes too.

The Anabaptist Jacques
 
Money trouble for you? Allow me to relieve you of your trouble. I'll keep it safe in my bank. Won't be any trouble to me at all. Won't be any trouble to me at all.

Come on--you can't tell me money hasn't caused you problems. Doesn't seem to matter whether you are wealthy--those people are obsessed with their gold. They never stop thinking about it. Johnny Carson had it right, saying "Having money only relieves you of the necessity of having it."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top