What's new

Flagdown 2014: media coverage, etc

.
.

I hate listening to public speaking in echo chambers!!

And while I'm bitching, why did Laura also refuse entry to Tom Smith?
 
If I lived down there, I would set up the sound for free. For this kind of event there should be at least 3 audio people with several wireless (or wired) mikes on the speakers. A roving audience mike is good too. Separate from the PA system as they have a separate set of issues and weaknesses.
 
If I lived down there, I would set up the sound for free. For this kind of event there should be at least 3 audio people with several wireless (or wired) mikes on the speakers. A roving audience mike is good too. Separate from the PA system as they have a separate set of issues and weaknesses.

Maybe some improvements can be made with our feedback. As Sally says it's just a wee head over the podium and plants when the speaker should be the main picture. If improvements could be made to the sound it would be great, the echo makes it so hard. These speeches need to be recorded to be replayed many times, but currently they don't fulfill that requirement. Maybe someone there can help.
 
I can't watch this. It keeps breaking up and then the screen goes black....no sound, nothing....and then it comes back on for a couple of seconds and keeps breaking up again and then the screen goes black. I can't follow what he's saying. :no:
 
Speaker could stand on something to raise them up higher. Even a couple pieces of wood or something.
 
This would be fine as a radio show if it had good audio. I hope they are recording this from the podium mike for that purpose.
 
You have to put a mike on the person speaking and send that directly to the camera. There are other things that can help but miking the talent properly makes everything else work better.

Yes, someone is turning up the sound for questions from the audience, which are not too bad for sound (just heard John Duignan!), but the speaker doesn't appear to be wired so it all echoes.
 
Arnie Lerma is now speaking.

Clearly, Mark Bunker's being booted from the event had nothing to do with the permanent injunction. It only prevents certain critics from protesting near a Scientology building.

I made a mistake.. I confused Arnie with Jeff Jacobsen. Arnie is not on the injunction. Thanks Tony O. for the heads-up. :)
 
Last edited:
Spacklemotion sums up Amax/WBM brouhaha at the Bunker:

"It’s not Scientology unless there is exaggerated drama" :melodramatic:

Lovin the low production values - such a contrast to Dildo Dave's over-the-top kitsch :thumbsup:
 
Top