What's new

Greetings

hollybush

Patron
Hello

I just wanted to say hello and also to say how grateful I am for this forum, having had a good old rummage over a few days.

I don't want to give too much away about myself at the moment, even though I've not had any involvement in Scn for well over 25 years. I will say that I was born into it and that I still live in EG (UK) - hence my trepidation.

I still see the occasional Scn face from my past in the town - many still in. I have read about a number of names on this forum that I knew, so that has been interesting.

With best wishes - hb

still here

Patron with Honors
Welcome Holly! :happydance:

I too live in the UK and left Scientology in 1983...I am in touch with a few people in the UK so it is nice to hear from someone else.

EG is quite a place a place to live! Luckily I am many miles away but if you want to PM me please do, we may know each other or know the same people, would love to hear from you!

Enjoy ESMB, lots of lovely and truly understanding people! :yes:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Welcome to ESMB:)

You can tell as much or as little about yourself as you like.

Looking forward to seeing you joining in on our discussions!

smartone

My Own Boss
Welcome Hollybush! Nice to have another Brit on here. My avatar is me and I lived in EG for a while. You can PM me if you wish - maybe we know each other.

hollybush

Patron
Thanks so much for the speedy welcomes :)

There's so much I would love to talk about, but at the moment I am worried about the impact any discovery of my past would have on both my work and my family - though actually, I doubt I'm of much interest as it's been so long.

As a teenager I experienced some of the Scn tactics used to try and get my mother back into the cult. Compared to some others I knew, and have read about, it wasn't too bad, but it was still a bit freaky!

On the other side of things, I was very badly bullied at at school when a rumour got out that I was a Scn'ist (actually, by that time we were pretty much out).

I know I'm being over-cautious, and I think signing on here is me testing the waters a bit. I feel very strongly about the harm Scn does (my mother's health was seriously affected after doing the Purif) so will feel my way ...

By the way, I've called myself hollybush because there was a tree at the side of the castle that had a holly bush growing at its base. One day, left to play and roam on my own as my parents did their thing on staff or on courses, I fell out of that tree and right into the bush! Ouch.

change

Patron
It has been a long time since I was in EG. Live at 5 the Rise then 4 Morton Road. Amazes me that I am remembering those addresses many years later. Scientology was new and exciting to me at the time.

shadow

Patron with Honors
Welcome!
Only share what you want to share. No one here is going to hold you captive until you write a success story.:coolwink:

Maybe you will reconnect with people you once lost, or just hang around when you need another shot of the ESMB world view.
:spacecraft:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
welcome_019.jpg

Hollybush! A hearty :cheers: from the PNW of Canada and PASS (Pacific Anon Support Suadron #69)!

Its really nice to see some new faces around here, especially those who've been 'out' for a long while and finally decide to look up old mates and get in touch, and also who want to add to their knowledge regarding cult of broken minds.
Enjoy your visits and, as you might have guessed, STORIES! we loves 'em! ( :drama: )

:thumbsup:

FoTi

Crusader
Welcome Hollybush. Yes, we do love stories, if and when you might like to tell some more of your adventures. :)

I guess not many people have the experience of falling and landing in a hollybush. :nooo:

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
Hello

I just wanted to say hello and also to say how grateful I am for this forum, having had a good old rummage over a few days.

I don't want to give too much away about myself at the moment, even though I've not had any involvement in Scn for well over 25 years. I will say that I was born into it and that I still live in EG (UK) - hence my trepidation.

I still see the occasional Scn face from my past in the town - many still in. I have read about a number of names on this forum that I knew, so that has been interesting.

With best wishes - hb
Welcome to the board!
What is EG? I am an American, I do not know what this term means.

hollybush

Patron
Sorry, yes - EG = East Grinstead.

I thought I'd do a bit of a name dump to see if anyone remembers these names. Looking at these forums over the past few evenings has opened up a part of my brain with people I haven't thought about in a while ... I'll try and say whether I know if they're in or out of the "church".

Dave Shepherd and family.

The Allen family (out) - Marcus publishes the UK edition of Nexus Magazine. Children were Alex and Holly. Just remembered - mother, Robyn.

Glaziers - Neville and son Mark (out) - both went to US. Morley (out - died of cancer early 2000s). There were others - Leslie, Lawrence, Monty.

Carmen Biggs (out) and son Jason Hill - both went to Australia.

Karen and Willie Looij (out). Son Jason (went to New Zealand).

Rhoda Zeffert (in), related to Gaimans, daughter Jo Stephens (in) - active in local amateur dramatics.

Norm (?) and Vera (Veronica? V-something ...). Norm worked at Broadly Brothers - elderly couple, so may no longer be around. Might have gone to Australia, now I think about it.

Ewing family (out). Owned Daledene. Parents divorced, had two sons. Father (Robert?) went off to Clearwater with June Neale (since died?). Mother (Maggie) re-married to Morley Glazier - Maggie died of cancer mid-90s, Morley died of cancer early 2000s.

John and Noella Atack (out). Noella was lovely - still around? One amusing episode - I remember Scn distributing a leaflet to all the houses in EG with a badly photocopied picture of John saying he was a dangerous person - they'd used a marker to make his hairstyle look a little like Hitler's! Hilarious. (Every week we get a pile of leaflets through the door promoting Scn businesses, all together).

Peter Zimmatore (in?) - ran a local karate club. Went off to Japan and started his own system called Metempirics!

Brian Whitehouse (?) - another local karate teacher. Used to see him around town a lot, but not for a while - still alive?

Gaiman family (in). Anyone remember Neil Gaiman's comedy double act? Were they called Gaiman & Fipps? G&G Food Supplies still in the town. Heard Neil was in, but only so he could keep contact with family - not sure if that's just gossip.

Jasmine Dienes - had sons Zoltan and Bruce (Bruce sadly died) and another son Russell (died in a car accident). Did a book signing in EG a couple of years ago - poetry.

Cherylyn de Niederhausen (out) - married (then divorced) Imre ... went to the US. She moved to Australia, died from cancer late 90s.

Doug & Judy Guy, children Miri and Rowen (in). Ran EEA at Daledene. Saw Doug in town a few months ago, coming out of the Bluebell Café (Scn-owned). Saw on this site that Judy sadly died last year.

Rick (?) and Minty Alexander (in) - had a son (Chris) and a younger daughter. American - guess went back to US.

Stan Levee (not sure of spelling) - *think* was a Scn'ist.

Brian and Doreen Day (out?) - owned a printing business (Lambda), daughter Amanda.

Hensel family - parents were hippyish artists (David (jeweller) and Susan (painter)), had three sons, Tom, William and Laurence.

Ellis Doig - South African, had a daughter. He died of cancer (late 70s?).

Dr. Stephen Davies - alt med practitioner on Portland Road (EG), then near Harley Street (London), daughter Sophie. Russian wife (Shoura?).

Marian Shuster (in) - local singing teacher.

Di Kirby - think died of cancer, not certain! May have had a daughter called Amy Anderson (??). Getting a bit vague ...

I think that will do for now - quite a few other names coming back with no or little context attached. Haven't included my own family - if you can work out that this unique set of people all knew one missing family then you can work out who I am - now there's a challenge for any Scn spies! :)

Peter Zimmatore started a squirrel group? Did his wife and kids go with him.?
Peter is the one married to lesile right?
And Michael is the one married to Deborah? Are they squirreling too? :biggrin:
I think I have seen Zimmatores - about 20-something year olds in the mags.
2nd generation cult victims

still here

Patron with Honors
Dear Holly

Lots of names I remember there...I had forgotten Jasmine, what a lovely lady she was!
Always a Poet I think!

Some names I recognise but cannot connect them to faces.. (happens I am afraid).

I knew Noella, (and Jon less well) as she once stayed in my house whilst she was on a course. I am sure I read somewhere that she was married to Jon and still fine as far as I know.

Some of these people were old FOLO....there were many others you may remember?
Well lovely to hear about all these people, although some of them are no longer with us, do share any others....

and Thank you.

still here

Patron with Honors
Peter Zimmatore started a squirrel group? Did his wife and kids go with him.?
Peter is the one married to lesile right?
And Michael is the one married to Deborah? Are they squirreling too? :biggrin:
I think I have seen Zimmatores - about 20-something year olds in the mags.
2nd generation cult victims

I think the Zimmatores you mention are Jane and Graham's children - Brook?
Jane (was Fernie) was a very close friend of mine - still in and in the US from what I have heard. Brook I have seen pics of in the UK - also still in - there were 2 other boys I think but I don't have their names.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome2:

Hi Hollybush!

I wouldn’t be too worried by the ramifications of posting here. I was in the cult for 22 years, mostly at St Hill, before I left very noisily. I’ve attended several protests and also ‘done some other stuff’ and I still live in EG and they know who I am and where I live. So far, the level of harassment has been pretty minor.

If you’d like to have a chat sometime, send me a PM. I can give you loads of local info.

Axiom142