What's new

Hello all! Another never-in!

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Knows!

I'm trying to remember what exactly it was that got me looking. I think seeing Mark Bunker's video's from the pickets in Clearwater for the first time, made me want to know more. I started watching those only about four years ago, and have unwittingly learned a lot more since then. Tory Christman, Tony Ortega, Mark Headley, Chris Shelton, Bunker, xenu dot net, mainstream media... There's so much out there for a curious mind such as myself to dig into. And i learned pretty quickly that the rabbit hole goes much much deeper than a bunch of scilons handling a picket. For a great many people it's a very tragic story. And that, i think is ultimately what gets me and many others interested. I think most people outside the church don't really care about the tech or the beliefs.
Most of the general public have no idea about the beliefs in Scientology anyway, apart from the OT III stuff maybe.
Freedom of speech. Human rights. That's what caught my attention.

I hadn't really planned to sign up to this board. But being a never-in i felt just a little bit awkward lurking and reading people's stories and everything else posted here. So i thought the least i should do was hop in and say hi. I had looked at WWP before but, though it may be more suitable for a never-in like me, the general atmosphere there is not really my thing.

It's not easy to explain any type of cult to someone who hasn't experienced some form of mind control first hand. I mean, i can tell my friends everything i know about Scientology (not all that much), but probably the hardest part for most people to comprehend, myself included some times, is how people get suckered in, and how some get fully trapped in their own mind.

So how would i explain Scientology to another never-in? Good question.

Hm.

It's an elaborate money scam set up by a mad science-fiction writer.
Its doctrines are a load of BS, but are pretty sophisticated when it comes to mind control.
Reports of violence, abuse and criminal acts are no coinsidence. These things are embeded in the core beliefs of Scientolgy. Google Lisa McPherson.
Stay the F away from it.

That's about what i would say if someone asked me right now.
I hope not far from now i can also say it died out and vanished.

- Cornelius Bigot.

This is a pretty cohesive and sophisticated stream of thought, right out of the gate, Cornelius!

Surely you must have some specific questions that you would like to ask of the class?

Cornelius Bigot

Patron with Honors
Hi TheOriginalBigBlue!

Thanks! I take my time typing. ;)
There's a lot of things i don't know, and might have some questions about later.

Right now though, i have a very specific small thing i'm having trouble with.
So upon reading your post i thought 'why not ask you guys? :biggrin:

I'm trying to translate a story about someone's first auditing session into English.
The session someone would receive after they filled in the personality test and got their results.
(Btw it's very creepy for a first frigging session!)
At the very beginning, the auditor says : at the end of the session i will say "erased/canceled", and everything i said to you during session will be "erased/canceled" And when he's done he says the word. The original word used can be understood in a couple different ways. It makes a big difference how you translate it. I'm assuming it's used as a standard so i need to get it right.
So i'm looking for the word that is used to end the session and to wake up the person being audited.

Otherwise, being new i'm trying to feel my way around a bit. And like i said, i'm not usually a big online person. I like to be polite though so i joined to say hi and quit lurking.

- Cornelius Bigot

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Thanks all! (Haven't figured out how to 'thanks' your posts yet!)

The word bigot is such an overused word it seems, especially among hardcore Scientologists. I thought of the name Cornelius Bigot and it made me laugh SO hard i decided to use it. :biggrin:

Blasphemy!! Cornelius isn't a bigot!!!!

escapeplanet2.jpg

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi TheOriginalBigBlue!

There's a lot of things i don't know, and might have some questions about later.

I'm trying to translate a story about someone's first auditing session into English.
The session someone would receive after they filled in the personality test and got their results.
At the very beginning, the auditor says : at the end of the session i will say "erased/canceled", and everything i said to you during session will be "erased/canceled" And when he's done he says the word. The original word used can be understood in a couple different ways. It makes a big difference how you translate it. I'm assuming it's used as a standard so i need to get it right.
So i'm looking for the word that is used to end the session and to wake up the person being audited.

Otherwise, being new i'm trying to feel my way around a bit. And like i said, i'm not usually a big online person. I like to be polite though so i joined to say hi and quit lurking.

- Cornelius Bigot

That doesn't sound like any session I ever had or heard of although there are members here who are much more tech savvy. Was this conducted in an org or mission or was it independent?

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
That doesn't sound like any session I ever had or heard of although there are members here who are much more tech savvy. Was this conducted in an org or mission or was it independent?

It's a Book 1 Auditing thing.
See Dianetics, The Modern Science Of Mental Health, section on The Canceller.

You could also see the wikipedia article here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dianetics
Look at step 3 of the Procedure;
3. The auditor installs a "canceller", an instruction intended to absolutely cancel any form of positive suggestion that could accidentally occur. This is done by saying "In the future, when I utter the word 'cancelled,' everything I have said to you while you are in a therapy session will be cancelled and will have no force with you. Any suggestion I may have made to you will be without force when I say the word 'cancelled.' Do you understand?"

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi TheOriginalBigBlue!

- Cornelius Bigot

That sounds like a Dianetics session, known as Book 1 auditing. Most auditing done these days is Scientology metered auditing.

The answer to your question would probably be in the Dianetics book but I'm not sure why that would be relevant these days.

Cornelius Bigot

Patron with Honors
It's a Book 1 Auditing thing.
See Dianetics, The Modern Science Of Mental Health, section on The Canceller.

You could also see the wikipedia article here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dianetics
Look at step 3 of the Procedure;

Hi Panda Termint!

That quote is exactly what the auditor says. Word for word. Cancelled.
I do believe this was done not that long ago, and in an org in Europe.
This thing might be interesting for other people to see. I may post it when it's done.
If i can work out keeping my privacy while i'm at it.

I'll read that wiki in full later today. Very interesting. Thank you.
I'd like to learn more about how Dianetics relates to Scientology and vice versa.

You guys. I don't even like Star Wars (Oh no he di'nt! Oh yes he did!), let alone Planet of the Apes!

- Cornelius Bigot

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
You guys. I don't even like Star Wars (Oh no he di'nt! Oh yes he did!), let alone Planet of the Apes

Surely, you jest. :biggrin:

[video=youtube;T0cf9wwYXQs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0cf9wwYXQs[/video]

[video=youtube;CciDJkkLY4M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CciDJkkLY4M[/video]

Hello and welcome from another :"never-in". I myself have always been interested in religion and all that (I' the token armchair theologian in my family).

I will try to ignore the fact that you do not like the awesomeness and wonderfulness that is "Star Wars" (or at least the original trilogy anyway). :)