What's new

I have a new opinion about Freezoners

Emma, perhaps you'll consider actually deleting the "Freezone Success Stories" sub-forum rather than just locking it down?

I think it should stay where it is.
It's information to view.
Personally, I read this thread only once (just out of curiousity about why there are so many posts in that thread).

Posts from that thread can also be used to illustrate things in other threads.

One can also view that thread as a "litmus" of his own current gullibility and immunity level to Scn.

Also, I think that thread is very useful for lurkers and members who have never been into Scn, to see what Scientology delivers - objectively (as opposed to subjective Wows).

Overall, I think that the thread should stay where it is right now (closed for comments but open to view).
 
This does not mean that FZers can't post to ESMB or contribute. I'm still all for open debate.

But I'll no longer hide my feelings behind behind the neutralness I thought was proper in the past.

Also, it's just the FZ success story forum that I closed. Nobody is banned nor are discussions or members being censored.

Who else has their own forum on ESMB? NOBODY...so why should Terril?

It was a thread not a forum. It may have been that you asked to keep
these stories to one thread so those who aren't interested don't bump into them.
 
I have such mixed feelings on all this.

I don't believe that any of us can or should put all Freezoners in the same category, coz in my mind they aren't and can't be. Then again I see why Emma has said what she's said and done what she's done.

I didn't like the OP of this thread......It kinda broke my heart......At the same time though, some of what has been permitted here really jacks me off and I think it's a fair call to close that particular forum.

I personally don't have any opinion about "Freezoners"......They are all different, and to me it depends on who they are, where their hearts are, and what what they promote. I don't like seeing them all labelled as Scientologists and/or stupid, coz I don't believe that they are.

Some "Freezoners" here gave me support when I first arrived here (Terril included). I've always liked that wherever one may sit in relation to Scn, ESMB has a community where there will be people of like mind to anyone who happens to find this place........The diversity here is what keeps it alive and makes it such a treasure, IMO.

I'd prefer to see the clamps go down on OSA trolls before they went down on Freezoners, but by the same token, I understand why the clamps went down in this instance, and I'm not opposed to that.

Emma said "Why should Terril have his own forum?" - Good question given that this is an an ex Scio message board. However, slagging all Freezoners because of some of the actions of some of them, isn't the way to go, IMO.

To me, Freezoners aren't "Scientologists". Scientologists as we know them, are a different breed entirely to the Freezoners I know. I don't believe that it's a fair call to put them all in the same category. However, I do believe that it's fair that Emma do whatever she wants to do with this message board, and I understand where she's coming from. - What would I do in her position? I don't know.

As I said......"mixed feelings".
 
Oh dear Mark! Veda's going to have to figure out a new
conspiracy theory about us now.

Terril,
I'm so happy you joined this thread! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

You DO have balls. :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It is really telling something.

I personally don't believe that Scn makes people more able.
But I DO believe that one with guts will stay strong no matter how much shit he was told about.

I like you, Terril. You are not just some "FreeZoner" to me. You have strong personality. :yes:

And THAT's what counts.

Reminded me of:

IF

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master,
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
​
Rudyard Kipling (1865-1936)
 
Terril,
I'm so happy you joined this thread! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

You DO have balls. :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It is really telling something.

I personally don't believe that Scn makes people more able.
But I DO believe that one with guts will stay strong no matter how much shit he was told about.

I like you, Terril. You are not just some "FreeZoner" to me. You have strong personality. :yes:

And THAT's what counts.

Reminded me of:

Thank you for the compliments. Been a bit short of them
lately. :)
 
Faggotry

No doubt this will polarize ESMB and I'll be struck from the Christmas card lists of the few Christians who "like" me, but at this point in time I couldn't care less.

I have a new opinion of Christians. This is based on years of observation, interaction and thousands of incidents that have pushed me over the edge.
And here it is.....

If you have the left an official church of Christ, have had a chance to read all the information about Christianity, the formation of the liturgy, the abuses, the history, the lies and betrayals Christianity delivers AND you have flittered around the non-church going christians, had a chance to experience christian live "outside" the official church and interacted with the other people non chiurch going christians and seen how these people behave and how the insanity perpetuates, and you still consider yourself a Christian THEN YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID.

There is no other explanation.

You are just fucking stupid.

Edit:

Clarification

I am referring to the agnosts who are spiritually searching, Bhudists, Paegans, Wiccans. I am NOT referring to the likes of (insert names to suck up to)and that do great stuff.

e86add0d-6a8e-11dc-9d76-6fabfb6827cd.jpg
 
Thank you for the compliments. Been a bit short of them
lately. :)

Just be sure that it wasn't meant as a compliment to Scientology (and "Wow! Look at Terril! Do you see what Scientology can do with people?").

It was my personal compliment to you personally. :coolwink:

(Actually, didn't mean it as a compliment but rather an acknowledgement of you having balls).

(Nothing personal about balls) :D
 
Whadya mean! We ARE proper SPs. We write our own checksheets,
form our own splinter groups, publically leave COS etc all High crimes.

We also dent COS finances which is a REALLY high crime.

And this twaddle proves Emma's point.
Expecting us to be stupid enough to agree that it's about who writes the friggin checksheets or about scientologists disobeying their Dear Leaders command line as they follow his commands.

This is the part where I see the stupidity.
 
No doubt this will polarize ESMB and I'll be struck from the Christmas card lists of the few FZers who "like" me, but at this point in time I couldn't care less.

I have a new opinion of FreeZoners. This is based on years of observation, interaction and one or two recent incidents that have pushed me over the edge.
And here it is.....

If you have the left the official church of Scientology, have had a chance to read all the information about Hubbard, the formation of the tech, the abuses, the history, the lies and betrayals Scientology delivers AND you have flittered around the FZ, had a chance to experience Scientology tech "outside" the official church and interacted with the key people in the Freezone and seen how these people behave and how the insanity perpetuates, and you still consider yourself a Scientologist THEN YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID.

There is no other explanation.

You are just fucking stupid.

Edit:

Clarification

I am referring to the active FZers who are Rons Org members, Pierre's group, Terrils yahoo group etc. I am NOT referring to the likes of Mike Goldstein, Roger, Paul etc who do their own thing and do great stuff.
images
 
It was a thread not a forum. It may have been that you asked to keep
these stories to one thread so those who aren't interested don't bump into them.

You had a thread but there was a whole forum devoted to Freezone success stories. This forum is now closed, which by default closes your thread.
 
And this twaddle proves Emma's point.
Expecting us to be stupid enough to agree that it's about who writes the friggin checksheets or about scientologists disobeying their Dear Leaders command line as they follow his commands.

This is the part where I see the stupidity.

I was hopefully giving an amusing slant on a real HCOPL,
And only slightly paraphrasing.

From HCOPL 23 dec 1965 RB SUPPRESSIVE ACTS

" Developing and/or using squirrel processes and checksheets."

And so on.

The bit about the REALLY high crime of denting COS finances I do claim complete responsibility for. That isn't mentioned in this bulletin but like a ghost hovers around it.
 
You had a thread but there was a whole forum devoted to Freezone success stories. This forum is now closed, which by default closes your thread.

Perhaps, what I most like about this ESMB is that things change.

People change and things change.

I don't consider Emma to be "the voice of everybody" but I consider her decision to change things a good move.

People don't stay the same. Life doesn't stay the same.

We move on. Always. Continuously.

If we are fixated on one thing/person/way of life/ideology that keeps us stuck.

Changing one's fixation is always good, be it to the better or to the worse.


Sorry for being too abstract here :eyeroll:
 
The FZ 'Success Stories' thread was nothing more or less than free advertising via solicited/extracted testimonials.
 
Nothing wrong with using stupid. We were all stupid to get in involved. We were stupid to hand over the money. If someone leaves one trap and walks straight into the second one, that's stupid too. Maybe even more stupid than the first time.



:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Opter
 
you know.. i have to say that when i first showed up on esmb, the zoner's jumped on me like i was fresh meat, i wont name names. but honestly... it was a sick feeling. i just got out of the mess, i was still dealing with, AM still dealing with it, the last thing i needed was to get regged.

not to mention the fact that the regging was one of the things i hated the most. it just stunk of hard sell and sneaky "snatch-em-up" techniques. i have no doubt that anyone interested in continuing with scientology without the corporate and antagonistic feel of what scientology is for them, then they will find the freezone on their own. if that is what they want, they will seek it out.

but i have always felt that this site should be a place of reprieve from all of that. no one should feel like they are being primed to be sold... again.

i came here by accident, but i stayed for the people that i knew had experienced what i had, am and probably will continue to experience. that is what is most valuable. we came here to get away from scientology, to discuss, laugh, share and bitch about it. not praise it.

so good on ya, emma.

Exactly, I had the same experience after my first post here. A private message to come to a FZ convention. My answer was no of course. I'm a proud ex-$ci sp and I don't like $ci or $ci FZ (decaffeinated $ci).
 
Top