What's new

I have a new opinion about Freezoners

It's your board Emma, you can do whatever you want and get away with it. I can understand your level of annoyance and frustration but I think you are being somewhat mean by calling these remaining lost, sad, delusional souls "fucking stupid". For the most part most of them are above average intelligence. They are just lost is all, to whatever degree that they are. :confused2:

Who knows... maybe calling them all fucking stupid might snap a few of them out of it all. I doubt it. :confused2:

Yep, I agree it was mean and it was a "fly off the handle" reaction.

However I don't know what other word to use when one is faced with a barrage of truth about a con man who lied about every facet of his life and his "tech" developement, a technology that doesn't work (show me a muther fuckin Clear), a history of abuse within the organisation that started with the above mentioned con man.

Stupid does not mean a low IQ. Stupid to me means being so fixed in the absolute rightness of a previous decision that you are unable to review it or look at it objectively at a later time.
 
Yep, I agree it was mean and it was a "fly off the handle" reaction.

However I don't know what other word to use when one is faced with a barrage of truth about a con man who lied about every facet of his life and his "tech" developement, a technology that doesn't work (show me a muther fuckin Clear), a history of abuse within the organisation that started with the above mentioned con man.

Stupid does not mean a low IQ. Stupid to me means being so fixed in the absolute rightness of a previous decision that you are unable to review it or look at it objectively at a later time.

Nothing wrong with using stupid. We were all stupid to get in involved. We were stupid to hand over the money. If someone leaves one trap and walks straight into the second one, that's stupid too. Maybe even more stupid than the first time.
 
Yep, I agree it was mean and it was a "fly off the handle" reaction.

However I don't know what other word to use when one is faced with a barrage of truth about a con man who lied about every facet of his life and his "tech" developement, a technology that doesn't work (show me a muther fuckin Clear), a history of abuse within the organisation that started with the above mentioned con man.

Stupid does not mean a low IQ. Stupid to me means being so fixed in the absolute rightness of a previous decision that you are unable to review it or look at it objectively at a later time.

That's it, very precisely.
 
Holy fuck! First I get actually get a reply from Piers Anthony, and if he keeps healthy and writing, sounds like my suggestion will make it into his world of Xanth...now THIS. Please don't wake me if it's not true....I'm just thinking that Christmas came early this year. Thank you Emma.
:happydance::cloud9::hyper::thankyou::cheerleader::woohoo::party::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
:heartflower::grouphug:

Yeah...I'm a little excited. When I was first coming out, dealing with all the pro-tech shite was just too much for me to handle. Now, it just makes me tired. Maybe it's not the most 'tolerant' view...but...I'm just over it, and seeing this today was simply awesome.
 
Yeah...I'm a little excited. When I was first coming out, dealing with all the pro-tech shite was just too much for me to handle. Now, it just makes me tired. Maybe it's not the most 'tolerant' view...but...I'm just over it, and seeing this today was simply awesome.

I have wondered if the majority of people who come to the realization that scientology is not what it claims to be would have a disdain for snake oil salesmen wanting to sell a slightly different flavor.

My guess is you are in the majority of people, most of them will never post / read this board as they have moved on and have no need for it.

One of those impossible to answer questions.
 
I think everyone's entitled to vent or rant every now and again.

Yes, and Emma's stated opinion has been wholly justified by recent events. What started as yet another outbreak of an outstanding FZ hissy fit has, in no small part due to BB's own partisan & self-justificatory meddling, turned the current events into a real meltdown. :melodramatic:


Mark A. Baker :eyeroll:
 
Yes, but this rant is permanent and not temporary nor just a mild difference.
There is a great difference between what you said and what she is saying.

I didn't say whether I thought it was permanent or termporary or just a mild difference. So, no, you are not in a position to know if there's a difference in what I'm saying or what I'm thinking about it.
 
Yes, and Emma's stated opinion has been wholly justified by recent events. What started as yet another outbreak of an outstanding FZ hissy fit has, in no small part due to BB's own partisan & self-justificatory meddling, turned the current events into a real meltdown. :melodramatic:


Mark A. Baker :eyeroll:

I do understand that and I've observed the same things.
 
No doubt this will polarize ESMB and I'll be struck from the Christmas card lists of the few FZers who "like" me, but at this point in time I couldn't care less.

I have a new opinion of FreeZoners. This is based on years of observation, interaction and one or two recent incidents that have pushed me over the edge.
And here it is.....

If you have the left the official church of Scientology, have had a chance to read all the information about Hubbard, the formation of the tech, the abuses, the history, the lies and betrayals Scientology delivers AND you have flittered around the FZ, had a chance to experience Scientology tech "outside" the official church and interacted with the key people in the Freezone and seen how these people behave and how the insanity perpetuates, and you still consider yourself a Scientologist THEN YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID.

There is no other explanation.

You are just fucking stupid.

Edit:

Clarification

I am referring to the active FZers who are Rons Org members, Pierre's group, Terrils yahoo group etc. I am NOT referring to the likes of Mike Goldstein, Roger, Paul etc who do their own thing and do great stuff.


I've also closed the FZ Success Stories forum. After all, it's a misnomer anyway.
:lol:

Goody goody gumdrops.

:thankyou:
 
I didn't say whether I thought it was permanent or termporary or just a mild difference. So, no, you are not in a position to know if there's a difference in what I'm saying or what I'm thinking about it.

You said that everyone is entitled to a rant. Of course.
But this is much more than just that.
That's why I said what I said.
 
Hi, Emma. I'm glad you clarified your position, and I share your view. After discovery of what Scientology was intended for, and how people were used by Ron, and turned into little transmission posts for his own intentions through "the tech", I finally had to say "I refuse to be affiliated with the name Scientology anymore". I don't share Hubbard's goals. I was suckered into studying Scientology because of my interest in humanistic psychology, and that was played into working for their organization to study it for free (which I ended up having to pay for later, because I didn't finish the contract).

Scientology markets itself manipulatively, with the intention to appealing to people's idealism and willingness to try new things. People got into scientology for lots of different reasons, none of which were to help Hubbard smash his name into history, or to help his organizations displace humanitarian organizations so that they could dominate them as venues for their own prosyletizing action. Some might have come wanting Jedi mind powers, some may have wanted to know themselves, or help others to do so, but whatever these reasons were, they were subverted to Ron's purposes for his cult, summed up famously here: "make money, make more money, and make others make more money" (for Ron).

I like Veda's suggestion of a Human Potential forum, but then again, it probably doesn't need to be on this board, anyway. People who are interested in Human Potential materials can always find a board regarding those topics (and let me know when you find a good one).
 
No doubt this will polarize ESMB and I'll be struck from the Christmas card lists of the few FZers who "like" me, but at this point in time I couldn't care less.

I have a new opinion of FreeZoners. This is based on years of observation, interaction and one or two recent incidents that have pushed me over the edge.
And here it is.....

If you have the left the official church of Scientology, have had a chance to read all the information about Hubbard, the formation of the tech, the abuses, the history, the lies and betrayals Scientology delivers AND you have flittered around the FZ, had a chance to experience Scientology tech "outside" the official church and interacted with the key people in the Freezone and seen how these people behave and how the insanity perpetuates, and you still consider yourself a Scientologist THEN YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID.

There is no other explanation.

You are just fucking stupid.

Edit:

Clarification

I am referring to the active FZers who are Rons Org members, Pierre's group, Terrils yahoo group etc. I am NOT referring to the likes of Mike Goldstein, Roger, Paul etc who do their own thing and do great stuff.


yep. true enough. :thumbsup:
 
So on a scale that goes from "Fucking stpid" at one end to "Bat-shit crazy" at the other, could/would somebody please put me out of my suffering state of Doubt and tell me where /what I am?

Ron to the rescue, Definition of Freezoners from the Admin dictionary.

REASONABLENESS,
5. you can safely say that being reasonable
is a symptom of being unable to recognize
out-points for what they are and use them to
discover actual situations. (HCO PL 30 Sept
73 II)

But I'm just a stupid ex, so what do I know...
.
 
Last edited:
Further clarification

This does not mean that FZers can't post to ESMB or contribute. I'm still all for open debate.

But I'll no longer hide my feelings behind behind the neutralness I thought was proper in the past.

Also, it's just the FZ success story forum that I closed. Nobody is banned nor are discussions or members being censored.

Who else has their own forum on ESMB? NOBODY...so why should Terril?
 
Great comparison made here.

freezone wikipedia entry said:
Scientology Commissioner Ursula Caberta in Hamburg, Germany has said that the Free Zone is a type of "methadone program for Scientologists," and, in any case, "the lesser evil".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Zone_(Scientology)

methadone wikipedia entry said:
Withdrawal symptoms have shown to be up to twice as severe than those of morphine or heroin at equivalent doses and are significantly more prolonged; methadone withdrawal symptoms can last for several weeks or more. A general guideline is a 1:1 ratio for trouble free detox. Being on a constant dose of say 100 mg. for one year, can take 18–24 months for safe detoxification. At high maintenance doses, sudden cessation of therapy can result in withdrawal symptoms described as "the worst withdrawal imaginable," lasting from weeks to months.

There is a trend in the management of opiate addiction towards the reduction of a patient's methadone dosage to a point where they can be switched to buprenorphine or another opiate with an easier withdrawal profile. When detoxing at a recommended rate (typically 1-2 mgs per week), withdrawal is either minimal or nonexistent, as the patient's body has time to adjust to each reduction in dose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methadone#Tolerance_and_dependence

However, the freezerzone is not, never has been, intended for decultification. Similiarly, methadone prescription has increased broadly as a pain medication solution. See this 2008 NY Times article: Methadone Rises as a Painkiller With Big Risks
 
This does not mean that FZers can't post to ESMB or contribute. I'm still all for open debate.

But I'll no longer hide my feelings behind behind the neutralness I thought was proper in the past.

Also, it's just the FZ success story forum that I closed. Nobody is banned nor are discussions or members being censored.

Who else has their own forum on ESMB? NOBODY...so why should Terril?

I hope they do stay and chat with us proper SP's, I truly like many of them.

:yes:
 
Top