What's new

Jan Eastgate arrested! - Today Tonight exclusive

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I love this post by Sponge:
http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=53438

I'mglib wrote:
Nice job, Sponge.

So, did Jan Eastgate show up for the hearing today?

Nope. Yet she was supposed to, apparently. By all accounts the Magistrate didn't appear too fussed despite showing displeasure at the non appearance of a defendant in a previous case (see the thread on the link given for eye witness reports).

So, the matter comes before the magistrate again on April 24th (which likely just the prosecutor and Eastgate's lawyers) before the committal hearing on 15 and 16th of May. Jan Eastgate must appear at this committal hearing where, put simply, the magistrate will decide on whether there is enough evidence to commit to trial.

Now I'm starting to opinionate.
There disadvantages for the defendant in that attempting to show their hand at the committal point would reveal their strategy if it does go to trial (on which the prosecution could subsequently build an attack plan on). So Eastgate's lawyers may just be hoping there isn't enough evidence, but if their is then they probably won't try to argue out of it much there and then and instead take their chances in trial. Going to trial, as opposed to pleading guilty, has its dangers because often a judge will sentence harder if the denfendant loses at trial than if they'd pled guilty in the first place. The police filing a second count of Perverting the Course of Justice does kinda show that the police and the prosecutor means business. The sentence for perverting the course of justice can be far greater than the sentences relating to the crime upon which the justice was perverted.

Personally I think Eastgate (aka Janice Wendy Eastgate Meyer) is fucked. A jury will hate her, even if she doesn't open her shrill shrieking gob. If her wog lawyers have been spending even a small amount of time with her then they'll know she's a smug, arrogant flapjawed hag of highly questionable integrity and if they aren't begging her to plea bargain then they should be. I don't even think she took commands from powers above so I don't think she'd have much to trade in a plea bargain anyway. I totally believe Carmen and Phoebe. I think Eastgate did it and she should spend a decent amount time in the stripy hole to remind her that in the woggy world, we are the authorities and wog law applies. If it fails then it would not be because Eastgate didn't do it (the abuse crime itself is a given fact to begin with and she already admitted some coercion in interviews about not going to psychiatrists). No, failure will only be because there is always that chance that the standard of evidence may not be high enough over such a long periond of time since the original crime for a completely safe conviction. However, the fact that they've just banged on another count of the same charge kinda suggests the prosecution is feeling pretty confident.

Another thing is that they can't dick around with their OSAOSAOSA shenanigans during the case because this is a criminal trial and it is in Australia, not the United States of Scientology, and it would be oh so poetically ironic if they were caught perverting the course of justice on a case centred on perverting the course of justice.

What do I know anway, don't listen to me coz I'm not a lawyer, but I do watch re-runs of Rumpole of the Bailey and this is OCMB so hey. :)

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Per Source Mag ## 220 Feb 2012. Jan Eastgate just completed her Objectives.

What that means is that Jan, an OT 5 or higher, has been sent to the bottom
of the Bridge to Total Freedumb.

RogerB

Crusader

Delicious, Pooks . . . and does that mean she can now meet her coming trial objectively?
:dieslaughing::roflmao::roflmao::hysterical::hysterical:

R

Feral

Rogue male

Thanks Pooks. Your a wealth of information!

Jan isn't a "OT". She was an illegal PC due to her psych history.

She's an enigma in that IMHO she's in Scientology to give her a platform to attack the psychs that she feels victimised her. By that I mean she's not there for the reasons a lot of the rest of us were (as if we were all there for the same reason!!)

Jan got a session in the early days of her career and originated she was clear, which a lot of unstable types were doing in their first ( or second) session in the eighties, thus ending any possibility of annoying auditing interfering with her main mission.

In any case, now she's on the bridge with her "clear status" canceled like everyone else's.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
janeastgate.jpg

Not a puke-smiley big enough for this drek..... so...

Big-Dog-BARF.jpg

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
They had to do something. Because she's not SO she can't be stashed away in the RPF although if things go badly even that may happen.

Ya, she's not SO but she's treated like one. CCHR is run by ABLE which is ALL SO.

Jan's seniors are SO and they treat Jan like one of their own except they are probably always worried that she'll fuck things up because after all, she is a psych case.

Those nasty PDHer's are out there!

Xenu, please forgive me for being such a retard for so long and for believing in this delusional shit.

Patty

Miss Pert

Silver Meritorious Patron

Yeah Pooks. Just before I left in 2009 there was talk that anyone that took less than 300 hours, I think it was 300, to get thru their Objectives was quickied and would have to redo them. This is apparently based on LRH taking 300 hours to get thru them, therefore if it took LRH that long to get thru then your average plebeian public certainly couldn't do it in less.

Feral

Rogue male
Yeah Pooks. Just before I left in 2009 there was talk that anyone that took less than 300 hours, I think it was 300, to get thru their Objectives was quickied and would have to redo them. This is apparently based on LRH taking 300 hours to get thru them, therefore if it took LRH that long to get thru then your average plebeian public certainly couldn't do it in less.

He since wrote "From clear to eternity" where he clarifies the length of time for each step of the bridge to total freedom (tm).

Hey Panda, can you imagine the reaction of the public on solo nots to redoing their objectives at cl ix rates?

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.

I still maintain that I was over-run in the first session.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ya, she's not SO but she's treated like one. CCHR is run by ABLE which is ALL SO.

Jan's seniors are SO and they treat Jan like one of their own except they are probably always worried that she'll fuck things up because after all, she is a psych case.

Xenu, please forgive me for being such a retard for so long and for believing in this delusional shit.

Patty

Dear Xenu,

While you're busy doing the forgiveness thing for Patty, may I please line-up (nicely of course!) and ask for the same?

Yours growing-old-as-disgracefully-as-I-can
Sally

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.

Patty

Dear Xenu,

While you're busy doing the forgiveness thing for Patty, may I please line-up (nicely of course!) and ask for the same?

Yours growing-old-as-disgracefully-as-I-can
Sally

YOU ARE BOTH FORGIVEN :biggrin:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
He since wrote "From clear to eternity" where he clarifies the length of time for each step of the bridge to total freedom (tm).

Hey Panda, can you imagine the reaction of the public on solo nots to redoing their objectives at cl ix rates?
Lol, I foresee a lot of co-auditing. Luckily for me I already did over 300 hours of Objectives the first time around... wait, what am I saying!!! :omg:

Terril park

Sponsor
What is odd is that on the current "Bridge" on the COS main website
it states that objectives are optional as determined by the C/S.