What's new

Johnd's story

Hi JohnD!

Great story, and very well written.

and by the way, WELCOME to ESMB!

welcomemat.jpg
 
Nice! Real nice!

Thank you so much for so superbly sharing this with us Johnd. Wow!

I love this…



So true. So beautifully written.

And this, I may just steal and use and not tell you (kidding).




Thank you so very much! :)

Thanks Sallydannce. Steal whatever you want! By the way, just finished reading through your story. It's 2 hours past my bed time.

You inspire me. I'll work harder on mine. I guess the best thing we can do is try to be emotionally honest. Try to admit what happened, shame be damned.

John
 
Thanks Sallydannce. Steal whatever you want! By the way, just finished reading through your story. It's 2 hours past my bed time.

You inspire me. I'll work harder on mine. I guess the best thing we can do is try to be emotionally honest. Try to admit what happened, shame be damned.

John

:flowers:

Yep I guess that's what we are left with. Stories which are probably best told honestly and deeply from the heart.

Sorry bout the sleep deprivation. Thank you!

Sleep well!
 
Re: Johnd's story part 4

Ditto!!!

John....This is terrific stuff. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us. Please keep writing more when you can bring yourself to do so. It's much appreciated.

I remember the patchwork of carpet samples at CC on 8th St. I thought they were pretty cool.....gave the place character. :)

Thanks FoTi.

Yeah, I liked that carpet patchwork too. I'll do some more writing in a few days.

John
 
Lots of us walked on those carpet squares. I remember how some people marvelled at how " incrediblely artistic that intricate design was " and speculated who did the design !

Many of our (now ESMB ) paths crossed with more frequency from 8 th St on than I had previously realized.

Some us, probably, at one point or another did TRs together or gave one another checkouts.

And here we are !
 
Lots of us walked on those carpet squares. I remember how some people marvelled at how " incrediblely artistic that intricate design was " and speculated who did the design !

Many of our (now ESMB ) paths crossed with more frequency from 8 th St on than I had previously realized.

Some us, probably, at one point or another did TRs together or gave one another checkouts.

And here we are !

Hi AT,

Strange isn't it? I figured we'd all be stably exterior by now but apparently we're still human, which is probably more remarkable than being 'super human.'

You lit up a long dark room in my brain when you mentioned TRs and checkouts. Oh god! High Crime* checkouts!http://www.forum.exscn.net/images/smilies/omg.gif
I did a lot of those as did anyone who was ever an auditor or intern. There was a constant flow of new 'technical' issues Hubbard or from people writing under his name. Auditors and 'case supervisors'* and others had to 'check out' on these according to a prescribed checkout routine before they could practice what was contained in the issues. This would have been more understandable had the 'tech' not been mostly drivel. I was actually in charge for a while of seeing that the checkouts got done. http://www.forum.exscn.net/images/smilies/sorry.gif

Embarrassing and shameful, but true. Anyway, now I'm human and eclectic and no longer a wimpy slave or a reluctant ideological fanatic.

*'High Crime' Something very bad; flagrant disobedience to hubbard; indpendent and therefore wrong thought and action. In this case not getting 'checked out' properly on new 'technical' issues before applying them meant that you might not apply them exactly as intended by 'source' (L. Ron Hubbard). This disobedience could bar the path to total freedom by permitting 'off source' and therefore wrong practices, so it was a 'high crime' not to be checked out on what you were doing, potentially punishable by cancellation of training certificates and even by being declared 'suppressive.' (God that's a long sentence!)

*'Case supervisor' One who supervises the treatment of people's 'cases' as they move up the 'grade chart' to 'total freedom.' This may sound like something you'd find in psychology or psychiatry--a supervisor who oversees counselors who are treating cases. But I assure you it's most religious because . . . uh because . . . right! Because scientology patients pay (I mean donate) a lot more money than psychiatric or psychotherapeutic clients and therefore show great faith, devotion and self denial.http://www.forum.exscn.net/images/smilies/unsure.gif

john
 
First off, thanks for continuing your story, John.
I know this is hard for you---as it's recalling many old memories, but
as you can see from the hits (as well as all the great comments)....
we ALL greatly appreciate you sharing your story with us.

I must add my part in this, as I think it's key. I met John when I was on The Class 4 Internship at CC. John was the Cramming officer..who did corrections. Back then it was a wild time, no question about it. However tech wise, "Standard Tech" was heavily pushed. I mention this as you'll see what follows.

We'd go in session. Our "PC" (Pre-clear--person we were auditing) was happy, all went fine. Then you turn your "folder" (with an on-going write up of the session) in to the "C/S"--case supervisor. In this case it was Ray Mittoff, who later became THE top dog for Tech.

Ok, we'd get our folders back from the "Senior C/S" and it would say in big letters:


FLUNK!

I'm NOT kidding. SO we'd all end up in the bathroom crying, :bigcry:
and then had to go to John.

Back then (and still often) he'll sit like a frog in a chair, on his legs.
(I point this out because he never had that "Sea Org" Look of robotism.)
Ok, so I would walk in (already very upset). John would always be friendly
and he'd ask us:
"What are you crammed on?"

I'd hand him the "Cram" that Ray had written. It often was NOT
what I felt was needed. So John would notice this and ask:
"Well, what do you think you need cramming on?"

I'd tell him whatever it was.
At this point, he would LITERALLY TEAR UP
the "Cram" :omg:...throw it away---and at that point,
begin to write the "Cram", always taking into account
what I (Or others) had told him. So it "Indicated" :) :write:

He was loved by SOoooooooooooooo many people,
because he was willing to listen, hear what WE had to
say and despite ALL of the hooplah of the "Senior C/S said..."
He was able to HEAR us, tear up the wrong thing, and write
the correct thing.

For that---he is seriously loved by many, and will be I think
forever. Just had to tell you about *that* about John. Now back
to his personal story-----

:rose:

Tory/Magoo
 
JD: Sorry if I skipped ahead of your story....please do continue. :) :biggrin::yes::happydance::flowers:

PS: John is in this picket photo, for any of you who have FB. He :scnsucks:
yesterday w/ us: http://tinyurl.com/9lomhcw
(There were a few more w/ us not in that photo. As Lynn pointed out:
"It's not quantity, it's quality". Also, amazingly enough--despite some 6 people picketing, they had about 15 "Security and handlers", cameras, police, etc.
:wtf: $cientology? Also, TONS of people honked with us, drove by "FUCK $CIENTOLOGY!" etc. It was a fun day for ALL of us. :cheers:

See if you can pick him out :omg:

My best to all :rose:

Tory/Magoo
 
JD: Sorry if I skipped ahead of your story....please do continue. :) :biggrin::yes::happydance::flowers:

PS: John is in this picket photo, for any of you who have FB. He :scnsucks:
yesterday w/ us: http://tinyurl.com/9lomhcw
(There were a few more w/ us not in that photo. As Lynn pointed out:
"It's not quantity, it's quality". Also, amazingly enough--despite some 6 people picketing, they had about 15 "Security and handlers", cameras, police, etc.
:wtf: $cientology? Also, TONS of people honked with us, drove by "FUCK $CIENTOLOGY!" etc. It was a fun day for ALL of us. :cheers:

The link says "Currently not available"....???????

See if you can pick him out :omg:

My best to all :rose:

Tory/Magoo


The link says "Currently not available"....???????
 
Do you have Facebook, FoTi?

If not, I don't think you can see it.

You may check on Xenu.net...Smurf MAY have posted some there.

I'll go check :)

T
 
... We'd go in session. Our "PC" (Pre-clear--person we were auditing) was happy, all went fine. Then you turn your "folder" (with an on-going write up of the session) in to the "C/S"--case supervisor. In this case it was Ray Mittoff, who later became THE top dog for Tech.

Ok, we'd get our folders back from the "Senior C/S" and it would say in big letters:


FLUNK!

I'm NOT kidding. SO we'd all end up in the bathroom crying, :bigcry:
and then had to go to John.

Back then (and still often) he'll sit like a frog in a chair, on his legs.
(I point this out because he never had that "Sea Org" Look of robotism.)
Ok, so I would walk in (already very upset). John would always be friendly
and he'd ask us:
"What are you crammed on?"

I'd hand him the "Cram" that Ray had written. It often was NOT
what I felt was needed. So John would notice this and ask:
"Well, what do you think you need cramming on?"

I'd tell him whatever it was.
At this point, he would LITERALLY TEAR UP
the "Cram" :omg:...throw it away---and at that point,
begin to write the "Cram", always taking into account
what I (Or others) had told him. So it "Indicated" :) :write:

He was loved by SOoooooooooooooo many people,
because he was willing to listen, hear what WE had to
say and despite ALL of the hooplah of the "Senior C/S said..."
He was able to HEAR us, tear up the wrong thing, and write
the correct thing. ...

Thanks for this, Magoo. I never knew these people, but I do know of Mittoff by reputation. In particular, I remember he was the 'respected class xii' who agreed to turn against David Mayo and justify his removal from post in return for preferment by Miscavige and advancement to Mayo's senior technical position.

The circumstances you described appear in keeping with his approach to handling others in matters of the tech and clearly contrast with that of David Mayo's.


Mark A. Baker
 
The way John handled one of my crams was life changing - a whole book could be written on that !

And, a cram from Ray Mitoff could be long, ardous, full of not revelant references, and not very helpful to an auditor who really didn't have a couple of days to waste get check outs of all that stuff.

Particularly vexing was for the same mistake seeing one auditor get a little side line note to a reference and another get a retrain from the comm course up.

A cram had some room to protest & win but I never saw anyone beat the order from the Snr CS for a full retrain.
 
I've just read your story and it is great.:thumbsup:

You explain lots of things in a way that clarifies them and makes them more easy to understand.:yes:

Thank you John.


Opter
 
Just in case you don't see my YT site (which many do not)....
this is part of a series I have this month of October: The Shocking Truth.
I was lucky to get John to do an interview re the Sea Org.

Note: We decided from this in November we're going to do a full
series on the Scientology Sea Org. :omg:

Here's our interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNFT64hokr0&feature=plcp

Thanks, John, and my best to ALL :cheers:

Tory/Magoo

PS: If you're here in LA and would like to do an interview on any
topic you have interest in, please call me and we'll set it up.
(818) 588-3044

Also IF anyone knows how I can do interviews re SKYPE,
please call and fill me in. :)
 
Thanks, Paul. I'm trying to find out if I could
interview s/one....on SKYPE and then upload it to YOUTUBE.
Do you know if that's possible?

Thanks for the link,and answering! :cheers:

Tory/Magoo

Yes. The output format is wmv, which YouTube easily accepts. You would need the Professional version to record video, but I think you can download it and try it out for free.

Paul
 
Top