What's new

Keeping the Tech Free from Monopoly

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Why is this in the ‘Breaking News’ section?

The CoS has been in deep trouble for quite some time now, it isn’t news.

But Thetagal, this is a very relevant quote for those who still consider themselves Scientologists. Anyone still in the CoS should take a long hard look at that and what Hubbard meant by it.

Perhaps you should send it to everyone you know who is still 'in'?

Axiom142

You make a good point, Ax.

Thetagal, I think that the piece you quote would be a very good one to send to anyone you know who is still in. Though some will berate you for showing them LRH that contradicts Miscavige. Anything like that, that could nudge their personal integrity, pose a question in their minds, or in any way encourage them to pull their head out of the sand and LOOK has got to be good.

I don't think you're going to get the greatest response to it here, though. Many of the people on this board have rejected Scientology 100%.

Veda

Sponsor
You make a good point, Ax.

Thetagal, I think that the piece you quote would be a very good one to send to anyone you know who is still in. Though some will berate you for showing them LRH that contradicts Miscavige. Anything like that, that could nudge their personal integrity, pose a question in their minds, or in any way encourage them to pull their head out of the sand and LOOK has got to be good.

I don't think you're going to get the greatest response to it here, though. Many of the people on this board have rejected Scientology 100%.

It's not about rejecting Scientology 100%.

And, yes, selected "theta" quotes from "LRH" can be presented to Scientologists to convince them that something is contrary to what LRH would have wanted. If that motivates someone to leave corporate Scientology then, of course, that's good.

One can find similar "theta" quotes throughout Hubbard's writings and lectures - seemingly enlightened statements.

Any of them could be quoted.

Usually those doing the quoting are starry-eyed Scientologists demonstrating how wise, kind, compassionate, and enlightened was their spiritual leader, LRH. Nowadays, there's even a villain, Miscavige, and he's depicted as Scientology's number one "squirrel," the "anti-LRH."

And perhaps that's as far as it can go for some. After all, Scientology's founder spent decades building a subject loaded with a beguiling mixture of truth and tricks, ensuring that most Scientologists would likely never really understand it.

What's sad about that is that, somehow, it's almost as though a chance at evolution is being missed. It becomes notable when those missing that chance gather into groups and reinforce their collective un-awareness.

Nonetheless, change, of a kind, is occurring, and that always opens the door to possibilities - hope springs eternal, as the saying goes.

Veda

Sponsor
Dude, She's a free Zoner. And she rarely posts here. Quit pillorying her.

I'm not pillorying anyone. In fact, in this post, I wasn't even referring, specifically, to the opening poster. "Theta" was used as a Scientology term, not to designate a person.

There's no pillorying occurring, anymore than there was "bashing" when Marty Rathbun posted here briefly, although the mostly friendly - but not hypnotically obedient or ARC-oozing - responses by posters were described as "bashing."

What is there about Scientologists that makes them so fragile? and so easily "invalidated"?

Is this an extension of the idea that Scientologists are expressions of RON, and that, as Freezone opinion leader Ken Urquhart put it, "There is no one of sufficient stature on this planet to stand in judgment of L. Ron Hubbard." ?

Is it arrogant of 'Ex-Scientologists', 'SPs', and/or 'wogs'/'meatballs,' etc. to "stand in judgement" of any Scientologist? especially Clears and OTs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlgALQRg78I

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Boy, you never seem to get tired of proxy-whining for people who apparently didn't even feel the need to whine.

Zinj

Suggest you take a look in the mirror yourself. You're doing exactly what you're accusing me of doing.

Oh, and no one ever got kicked off IRC for wanting to do anything to anybody- it was for WHINING.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Suggest you take a look in the mirror yourself. You're doing exactly what you're accusing me of doing.

Oh, and no one ever got kicked off IRC for wanting to do anything to anybody- it was for WHINING.

No, you do it all the time. At every chance you seem to get. It's very obvious.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
No, you do it all the time. At every chance you seem to get. It's very obvious.

Dude, I didn't say I didn't do it. Try reading the post again.

If I want to take up for another person, I'm going to do it. People have done it for me and I've done it for many people. I'm just not interested in being lectured by someone who constantly does the same thing. I find that hypocritical.