What's new

Mike =/= Marty

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
There has been a tendency to refer to the "M&M show." To consider Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder to be partners, if not conjoined twins.

I think it is time we start considering the possibility that:

Mike =/= Marty

Mike now has his own blog. It is argued at (excruciating) length elsewhere:
that Mike's blog appears to be somewhat a middle ground. Both Marty's blog and the fundamentalist KSW IS blog link to Mike's blog. Further, fundamentalist KSW ISists who have stopped commenting on Marty's blog (e.g., Steve Hall, Lana) now comment on Mike's blog. We will finally note, however, in the interest of completeness, that while Mike's blog links to Marty's blog, Mike's blog does not link to the fundamentalist KSW IS blog.

Perhaps most importantly as a practical matter, unlike Marty Mike is not (to my knowledge) an auditor, and does not derive any income from Scientology, Independent Scientology, auditing, or the delivery of auditing or any other Scientology services.

I'm sure there will be conspiracy theorists who will say that Marty and Mike are, in fact, conjoined twins, but that I'm simply not sufficiently advanced to detect their theta connection. That they are operating in tandem to take over the Church of Scientology. That they have entered into an agreement for Marty to address raw public opinion leaders, New Agers, and those who have cognited that there are problems with Ron and the Tech , while Mike will address the "DM is the sole fault of everything" crowd. (Though I'll note that Mike allows comments critical of Ron and the Tech.) To those people I would ask:

Docs?

Evidence?

Tinfoil?

In any event, consistent with the above, my future cross-posts from Mike's blog will no longer be placed in "MartyWorld," but will instead be placed in the forum for "Freezone, Independents, and other flavors of scientology."

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
Yes, obviously Mike Rinder does not equal Marty Rathbun but he deserves similar scrutiny for these reasons:

1. He had personal oversight (or as he says, "under my purview") in harassing critics through hired private investigators and internal OSA goons;
2. He refuses to openly admit what he did while he headed up OSA;
3. He refuses to openly help (and apologize) those that he harmed, including Gerry Armstrong (calling one of your victims a name akin to a nutter didn't help his cause, either)
4. He promotes and openly shills auditing and the Tech without doing proper research on what he's promoting. The tech involves behavior modification therapies that are known to be a catalyst to psychotic breaks in some. He's out of the mind controlling cult traps and as a public figure should know better than to openly promote potentially dangerous practices;
5. He plays the victim without really divulging how he participated and propagated a dangerous and destructive cult.

He may not be the same person as Marty Rathbun, but he sure smells the same and it is a rotten smell. He may be more open to LRH criticisms but that does not mean that his hands are any less dirty or that he doesn't have a huge debt to society to pay back.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Mike does not derive his main income from Scientology because he got hired by a former big time IAS donor, Robert Almblad, to do something (PR, marketing?) for his newest invention. Almblad was a Scientologist who used Scientology as a pool to recruit investors for his latest idea or invention. Then at some point ge got declared and then joined the indies.

As of two years ago a "clean ice" machine was his big thing. Haven't heard much about it in the last year, but believe Mike still works for him.

Almblads partner posted on WWP about it:

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...ce-inventor-robert-almblads-girlfriend.94900/

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Mike does not derive his main income from Scientology because he got hired by a former big time IAS donor, Robert Almblad, to do something (PR, marketing?) for his newest invention. Almblad was a Scientologist who used Scientology as a pool to recruit investors for his latest idea or invention. Then at some point ge got declared and then joined the indies.

As of two years ago a "clean ice" machine was his big thing. Haven't heard much about it in the last year, but believe Mike still works for him.

Almblads partner posted on WWP about it:

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...ce-inventor-robert-almblads-girlfriend.94900/

Magic Ice - bit like Magic Water : )

Terril park

Sponsor
There has been a tendency to refer to the "M&M show." To consider Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder to be partners, if not conjoined twins.

I think it is time we start considering the possibility that:

Mike =/= Marty

Mike now has his own blog. It is argued at (excruciating) length elsewhere:

Perhaps most importantly as a practical matter, unlike Marty Mike is not (to my knowledge) an auditor, and does not derive any income from Scientology, Independent Scientology, auditing, or the delivery of auditing or any other Scientology services.

I'm sure there will be conspiracy theorists who will say that Marty and Mike are, in fact, conjoined twins, but that I'm simply not sufficiently advanced to detect their theta connection. That they are operating in tandem to take over the Church of Scientology. That they have entered into an agreement for Marty to address raw public opinion leaders, New Agers, and those who have cognited that there are problems with Ron and the Tech , while Mike will address the "DM is the sole fault of everything" crowd. (Though I'll note that Mike allows comments critical of Ron and the Tech.) To those people I would ask:

Docs?

Evidence?

Tinfoil?

In any event, consistent with the above, my future cross-posts from Mike's blog will no longer be placed in "MartyWorld," but will instead be placed in the forum for "Freezone, Independents, and other flavors of scientology."

They have been colleagues and friends for many years, even decades.

Mike is doing for want of a better word "News" and in particular how
DM and his organisations are screwing up and abusing people. Marty used to major on this, and its clearly of interest to those who are "with LRH".

Marty is now looking at philosophical matters and questioning the subject
"Scientology". This is of course heretical to the other faction.

An example:-

Needed info:-
Logic 8
A datum can be evaluated only by a datum of comparable magnitude.

martyrathbun09 | April 1, 2013 at 7:22 am | Reply

I pointed out that subsequent scripture makes application of Logic 8 impermissible.

martyrathbun09 | April 2, 2013 at 5:58 am | Reply

I have done so in What Is Wrong With Scientology and on this blog a number of times. Another means of making impermissible is by continuing inculcaton of the idea – repeated literally thousands of times – through lectures, hcobs and policy that science and all branches of humanities are for the birds, lock, stock and barrel.