What's new

Miscellaneous emails from Pasadena Org

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Sent: Thursday, December
Subject: Pasadena New Years - Special Message

For Worldwide Distribution: Please forward this to all Scientologists.
THIS NEW YEAR’S EMAIL IS BEING SENT TO ALL SCIENTOLOGISTS, EVERYWHERE. THIS NEW YEAR’S EVE 2009, PASADENA IS CELEBRATING THE END OF $23 MILLION OF IDEAL ORG FUNDRAISING. WE INVITE EVERY SCIENTOLOGIST ON THE PLANET TO SHARE IN THIS WIN.

BY THURSDAY AT 2 PM PACIFIC TIME, BECOME A “SOLIDARITY DONOR” TO PASADENA BY MAKING A DONATION (minimum $5, up to $1,000 or beyond).
GO TO OUR SECURE PAYPAL WEB SITE:

http://www.pasaotc.org/postulate2010/

HERE’S WHAT YOU GET AS EXCHANGE IN ABUNDANCE:
1. Make a secret postulate. Don’t tell anyone what the postulate is.
2. Make your dono via the web site.
3. We will write your name on Pasadena’s Postulate Wall, which will be prominently displayed outside the org on New Year’s Day. The world famous Rose Parade will march right by while hundreds of millions of people from around the world will be watching on TV - and your postulate will be there!
4. We will instantly e-mail you a commendation.
5. Your name will remain forever on the Donor Role of the Pasadena Ideal Org. You will join the ranks of 2,200 of your brother and sister Scientologists who have made this Ideal Org a reality.
6. Your postulate becomes our postulate. Isn’t that a great way to start 2010?
THANK YOU AND HAPPY NEW YEAR! Please pass this e-mail along and help ensure that every Scientologist on the planet sees it and participates.
ML,

The Pasadena Org OT Committee
The Staff of the Pasadena Org
The Public of Pasadena

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow, they really are selling indulgences, aren't they?

Without even so much as a pope.

JohnMccMaster

Patron with Honors
OMG they have the Mission Impossible music in the background - how sad. I presume they think it's rousing and cool, instead of dated and naff and as if Tom Cruise has any relevance whatsoever as an actor anywhere except in the Official CoS. Very apt title though!!:p

Hashmanis

Patron
Hmmm postulate this...

Not that I am saying anyone should... but I am thinking a few spray cans of paint and a big message on the so called donors wall that XENU LOVES YOU may be seen by more people at that parade.

Ho Tai

Patron Meritorious
$23 million!!! Reading this I realized that the last thing I regret doing in Scientology was making a donation to the Ideal Org (not Pasadena). Watching so, so many public and staff going into debt to secure a shell of a building that would then need additional millions to turn it into the palace that would meet LRH's criterion of (to paraphrase) "not repulse the public". I never understood how the opulent structures that are the goal of the current Ideal Org strategy were needed in light of the much lesser requirements in the LRH ED. This reality break was one of the reasons I left CoS. I wish I had the exact wording for the paraphrase above, but I got rid of nearly all of my materials when I left. Can someone supply the exact quote?

Ho Tai

Patron Meritorious
I found the quote from LRH ED 102 Int, THE IDEAL ORG:

... "It would be clean and attractive enough not to repel its public."

I don't think that it should take $23 mil to achieve that standard.

Rae

Patron with Honors
basic accounting anyone??

Sent: Thursday, December
Subject: Pasadena New Years - Special Message

For Worldwide Distribution: Please forward this to all Scientologists.
THIS NEW YEAR’S EMAIL IS BEING SENT TO ALL SCIENTOLOGISTS, EVERYWHERE. THIS NEW YEAR’S EVE 2009, PASADENA IS CELEBRATING THE END OF $23 MILLION OF IDEAL ORG FUNDRAISING. WE INVITE EVERY SCIENTOLOGIST ON THE PLANET TO SHARE IN THIS WIN.

BY THURSDAY AT 2 PM PACIFIC TIME, BECOME A “SOLIDARITY DONOR” TO PASADENA BY MAKING A DONATION (minimum $5, up to $1,000 or beyond).

3. We will write your name on Pasadena’s Postulate Wall, which will be prominently displayed outside the org on New Year’s Day. The world famous Rose Parade will march right by while hundreds of millions of people from around the world will be watching on TV - and your postulate will be there!
4. We will instantly e-mail you a commendation.
5. Your name will remain forever on the Donor Role of the Pasadena Ideal Org. You will join the ranks of 2,200 of your brother and sister Scientologists who have made this Ideal Org a reality.
THANK YOU AND HAPPY NEW YEAR! Please pass this e-mail along and help ensure that every Scientologist on the planet sees it and participates.
ML,

The Public of Pasadena

Very interesting. The Pasa Ideal Org building was purchased for $9.8 Million in 2006(I was there). It then cost a bunch to buy all the leases out for the existing businesses in that building..which was done by 2007...now it's 2 years later (going on 3) and the org is still not in their building. And they are "celebrating the end of their $23 Million in Fundraising" and inviting people to "share the win" How? By asking for MORE MONEY??? For what? Who writes and proof reads these things?

In addition, the renos were supposed to be around $1 Mil(the figure we were given for a couple of years at Pasa)..ok..so let's say it cost a bit over $1 Mil to buy out those leases..that makes by my math..$11.8 Mil for building, buy out and renos. Where is the other $10.2 Mil going? And for what??

And I wonder if my name..I donated about $45,000 for that building will be on that wall? Ha!

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Very interesting. The Pasa Ideal Org building was purchased for $9.8 Million in 2006(I was there). It then cost a bunch to buy all the leases out for the existing businesses in that building..which was done by 2007...now it's 2 years later (going on 3) and the org is still not in their building. And they are "celebrating the end of their $23 Million in Fundraising" and inviting people to "share the win" How? By asking for MORE MONEY??? For what? Who writes and proof reads these things?

In addition, the renos were supposed to be around $1 Mil(the figure we were given for a couple of years at Pasa)..ok..so let's say it cost a bit over $1 Mil to buy out those leases..that makes by my math..$11.8 Mil for building, buy out and renos. Where is the other $10.2 Mil going? And for what??

And I wonder if my name..I donated about $45,000 for that building will be on that wall? Ha!

Thanks for the additional info Rae. As for the proofreading, I don’t think they care anymore. Probably the only public left that are going to give them any money are so deluded that they cannot think straight anyway and just automatically reach for their check books when they see an email from the org.

$45K! Oh dear, I’m so sorry to hear that. Is there any way you can get that money back? A class action with all the (many) other people who were duped might be worth considering. They have failed miserably to deliver what was promised. And if your name isn’t on that wall…

Fortunately I never got sucked into donating for the ‘Ideal Orgs’ con, but when I was ‘in’ and donations were being asked for London, I thought this was too much. That was what the charges for auditing and training were meant to be for as far as I was concerned.

Axiom142

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Fortunately I never got sucked into donating for the ‘Ideal Orgs’ con, but when I was ‘in’ and donations were being asked for London, I thought this was too much. That was what the charges for auditing and training were meant to be for as far as I was concerned.

You'd think 59 years of unmitigated expansion would mean they could afford a building or twenty, wouldn't you?

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
To:
Sent: Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subject: KEEP THOSE NEW YEAR'S POSTULATES COMING - EXTENDED!

NEW GAME! For Worldwide Distribution: Please forward this to all Scientologists.

Have some fun with postulates - Scientologists from all over the world responded to the e-mail below by making a big personal postulate and a small donation. We want to continue to break the record for most Scientologists to ever donate toward an Ideal Org. Therefore the game has been extended one week! Play with Pasadena - and may your biggest postulate be realized in the physical universe in 2010!

THIS NEW YEAR’S EMAIL IS BEING SENT TO ALL SCIENTOLOGISTS, EVERYWHERE. THIS NEW YEAR’S 2009, PASADENA IS CELEBRATING THE END OF $23 MILLION OF IDEAL ORG FUNDRAISING. WE INVITE EVERY SCIENTOLOGIST ON THE PLANET TO SHARE IN THIS WIN.

BECOME A “SOLIDARITY DONOR” TO PASADENA BY MAKING A DONATION (minimum $5, up to $1,000 or beyond).

3. We will write your name on Pasadena’s Postulate Wall, which will be prominently displayed outside the org.

4. We will e-mail you a commendation.

ML,

The Public of Pasadena

TalleyWhacker

Patron with Honors
Hmmmm...this e-mail sounds like one of those remarkably stupid "postulate chain letters" from years gone by.
Does anyone remember that foolishness??????

Jesus, that disgusted me! Like I needed some wimp-ass's agreement on what was going to happen in my life or with my decisions????
Felt like walking out right then, the minute I heard that one.
And damned sure should have!

A spritual train wreck!

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
To:
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subject: Why I joined the Pasadena Ideal Org. . .

Hello

4427767204_ebcb027ec0_o.jpg

Pat Sola Morris

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Unless he lost his law license, why on Earth would they want Tim Bowles on staff being misutilized as a Treasury Sec or something?

Paul