What's new

Native vs. Non-Native

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Very interesting thread for Shewolf who was raised with 2 languages from get go. No confusion but lots of slipping in and out from one to other within discourse. Fortunately environment helped and facilitates this twinning of tongues. Actually beautiful sometime, as others later learned verbums interface, poetic even.Thank you Lotus and good night, Shewolf sleepy bedtime now.zzzzzzzz

You were raised by wolves?

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
I remember always asking that Q : Why don't Scios speak more then 1 language..... Maybe it was at Marty's,maybe on others... - never got answer....
there was a good blog ... caliwog ... if my memory correct ,with lots of good questions from wogs/anons in 2011/2012 period...:confused2:

in fact , that question save my money.....

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
Wild, very smart ones too, Shewolf slightly mutified: foreign and domestic Wolves contribution...... so low tolerance for assorted BS....Knowledge truly real power!:yes:

please try to skip 3rd person writing.... try to do more "I" .... thank you,ML koki.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
I remember always asking that Q : Why don't Scios speak more then 1 language..... Maybe it was at Marty's,maybe on others... - never got answer....
there was a good blog ... caliwog ... if my memory correct ,with lots of good questions from wogs/anons in 2011/2012 period...:confused2:

in fact , that question save my money.....

Some scientologists and therefore exscientologists do speak different languages, you were looking in the wrong place. Try Switzerland, Scandinavia etc, Americans are not generally linguists, nor are Brits or Ozzies, though there are exceptions of course.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
please try to skip 3rd person writing.... try to do more "I" .... thank you,ML koki.

I think it's rather cute. I don't find that it hinders comprehension. Now, if it was "Northern Hewolf" I probably would think differently. :)

Paul

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Some scientologists and therefore exscientologists do speak different languages, you were looking in the wrong place. Try Switzerland, Scandinavia etc, Americans are not generally linguists, nor are Brits or Ozzies, though there are exceptions of course.

What do you call someone who speaks three languages?

Trilingual.

What do you call someone who speaks two languages?

Bilingual.

What do you call someone who speaks one language?

American. :yes:

What do you call an American who mangles even that one language?

Laffy Ron Hubbard.

Last edited:

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious
Nobody can tell Shewolf how and who to comm. Not even Hewolf, otherwise known in the den as 'Mr Or Else', can do this :no:.
I rule my small domain, thanks for the concern though:eyeroll:. Much appreciated!:yes:

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I rule my small domain,

Lotus took note :biggrin:

tumblr_mmkmv5gM2T1ry92x0o1_500.jpg

:lol:

A little teasing
:wink2:

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious
It is good to remember that some have big white teeth.
Best indeed.:yes:
The Shewolf can bite, ask Hewolf....:eyeroll:
Yes, territory with well -defined borders...what every human should have: strong borders with BS guards.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
It is good to remember that some have big white teeth.
Best indeed.:yes:
The Shewolf can bite, ask Hewolf....:eyeroll:
Yes, territory with well -defined borders...what every human should have: strong borders with BS guards.

Heh. Our yard was being invaded by a coyote this past fall. She kept peeing in one spot in the yard, right at the edge of the woods. I didn't like her coming that close to the house, but I don't kill anything that's not food unless I absolutely have to. So I went out and marked my territory, right on top of her mark.

She stopped coming around. :yes:

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious
Please could you clarify Strativarius, was 'manbearpig' another cute nickname for Damned Misshisbitch?
Or maybe for the great Loon itself? :unsure:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Last edited:

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious
This old Shewolf has had to go deep in the den to comm. with middle age offspring about such arcane stuff as American cartoon culture...he has approved this offering to his elder :yes:. Very instructve and amusing! Many thanks for fun times ahead for elderly Wolves:thumbsup:.

This is fun!

Last edited: