What's new

New! 1981 PAC CADET ORG/CADET ESTATES ORG ESTABLISHMENT EVAL- How kids were treated

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Must read for all who care about children, for all who had their kids at the Cadet org or Cadet Org Estates and for those who survived living at these places

Published by Mary McConnell
Scientology issue: Aides Order 203-71 of 28 August 1981

"PAC CADET ORG/CADET ESTATES ORG ESTABLISHMENT EVAL
".

Mark Plummer writes:

"With the exception of the Guardian Office staff (who were not all members of the Sea Org), this issue was intended to be seen ONLY by Sea Org members at the International Management Org (IMO), the Commodore's Messenger Organization (CMO), the Guardian Office Pacific Area Command (GO PAC), Flag Operations Liaison Office for the Western United States (FLWUS), Child Care Units, PAC Orgs, and Cadet Orgs.

This is one of the most damning documents in the history of Scientology. Once you read it you'll see why. This document has never been posted before.

This post is dedicated to the Sea Org children (including my own) who suffered horribly abusive conditions."

While this has recently been posted in full on Facebook, this has never been posted on the internet for full indexing for Google until now.

Mark states further:
"For years and years I tried to change the kids' conditions for the better. I was the Parent Liaison Committe (PLC member) for ASHO Day (my org). I wrote numerous letters to L. Ron Hubbard, knowledge reports to Mary Sue Hubbard, the Guardian Office World Wide (GOWW), the United States Guardian Office (USGO), the Office of Evaluation and Execution, the Executive Director International (ED Int.), the Flag Data Files, the CMO, FOLO WUS -- you name it -- I personally reported to EVERY Scientology management echelon that had a responsibility to CARE for Sea Org members' kids, in hopes that their atrocious conditions would improve. After 8 years I lost all hope as I came to realize what I knew deep down inside, all along: Scientology views children as a hinderance, a distraction to "production" ____________

Read the eval in full, here:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/225084800/Scn-CadetOrg-CEO-Eval-Scientology-Aides-Order-203-71

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Re: New! 1981 PAC CADET ORG/CADET ESTATES ORG ESTABLISHMENT EVAL- How kids were treat

While this has recently been posted in full on Facebook, this has never been posted on the internet for full indexing for Google until now.

It's already long indexed by Google. For example:
http://www.matrixfiles.com/Scientology Materials/Reference/Flag Orders/AO.19810828.html

But Scribd is more accessible and searchable. :)

Is the entire text on Scribd, or is it there simply as images?

Paul

Purple Rain

Crusader
Re: New! 1981 PAC CADET ORG/CADET ESTATES ORG ESTABLISHMENT EVAL- How kids were treat

Must read for all who care about children, for all who had their kids at the Cadet org or Cadet Org Estates and for those who survived living at these places

".

Mark Plummer writes:

"With the exception of the Guardian Office staff (who were not all members of the Sea Org), this issue was intended to be seen ONLY by Sea Org members at the International Management Org (IMO), the Commodore's Messenger Organization (CMO), the Guardian Office Pacific Area Command (GO PAC), Flag Operations Liaison Office for the Western United States (FLWUS), Child Care Units, PAC Orgs, and Cadet Orgs.

This is one of the most damning documents in the history of Scientology. Once you read it you'll see why. This document has never been posted before.

This post is dedicated to the Sea Org children (including my own) who suffered horribly abusive conditions."

Mark states further:
"For years and years I tried to change the kids' conditions for the better. I was the Parent Liaison Committe (PLC member) for ASHO Day (my org). I wrote numerous letters to L. Ron Hubbard, knowledge reports to Mary Sue Hubbard, the Guardian Office World Wide (GOWW), the United States Guardian Office (USGO), the Office of Evaluation and Execution, the Executive Director International (ED Int.), the Flag Data Files, the CMO, FOLO WUS -- you name it -- I personally reported to EVERY Scientology management echelon that had a responsibility to CARE for Sea Org members' kids, in hopes that their atrocious conditions would improve. After 8 years I lost all hope as I came to realize what I knew deep down inside, all along: Scientology views children as a hinderance, a distraction to "production" ____________

http://www.scribd.com/doc/225084800/Scn-CadetOrg-CEO-Eval-Scientology-Aides-Order-203-71

A great social experiment on children gone wrong, based on one man's flawed premise about children and child-rearing. Children as resources. Awful.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader

I would have been nine years old when this was done. I was in PAC area. I guess I should read it, but dont want to relive it.

Warrior

Patron with Honors

".

Mark Plummer writes:

Mark states further:

Thanks so very much for the link to scribd, Mary.

Warrior

Warrior

Patron with Honors

http://www.matrixfiles.com/Scientology Materials/Reference/Flag Orders/AO.19810828.html

Paul

Hi, Paul,

You can download it from scribd as a .pdf and/or a text file:

I have the entire document in image (.jpg) format, as well as .txt, .pdf, and as .doc.

All the best,
Warrior

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

The etymology of "cadet" is interesting in this context.

Originally, "cadet" did not mean "military trainee", it meant "younger noble son". I.e., not the heir. The younger sons, the ones not eligible to inherit the estate, had no future in the hierarchy of the nobility, and so were sent to get military training, which gave rise to the more modern meaning of the word.

A cadet was someone whose life was expendable. Which is how LRH thought of them.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader

It is clear to see that there was no-one there to represent the rights of the children. If anyone could have stood up and said something, it could have made a difference. The sad thing is that those parents that tried got in big ethics trouble and either got reformed or they took off with their kids. Those were the lucky kids. I remember when kids and their parents would disappear and I would think how lucky they were that they had parents who would stick up for them. For the rest of us, we had to fend for ourselves and raise ourselves.

Reading this eval (which I did) brings up a lot of old memories. I know most of the names of the people that were posted in the Cadet Org and the adults assigned to oversee it. Some of them were ok, some not. But they got very tough on the kids trying to get them all in line and ready for the Sea Org, like it or not, kind of thing.

But this eval did not fix things very well, that I know for sure, because the kids were still running rampant and off the rails until about 1985 when things got REALLY hot and heavy. I think there must have been another eval or something, because they really got down to getting the kids under control then. I think right after the Portland and LA legal losses, they were clamping down and trying to get the whole Scn scene under control.

Well they have always been trying to do that and never successful, because their system is terribly flawed (as well as the tech being terribly flawed, and the founder being a complete lunatic).

But the eval essentially says "hey, kids are off the rails, lets separate them even further from their parents and not let the children be raised or loved by parents and lets groom them into becoming Sea Org robots". I guess it worked somehow because lots of those kids ended up in the Sea Org. Some stayed, some did not.

everfree

Patron Meritorious

So, the problem wasn't lack of parental supervision/adult supervision/resources allocated, it was that people kept treating the kids like kids by insisting on such loathesome actions as insisting their kids get time off with them instead of treating the kids like SO members who are "resources". Just the sort of "thinking" one would expect.

Let us not forget that these problems were eventually "handled" by simply insisting on abortions. Taking care of children has never been a high priority for CofS or its leader.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader

So, the problem wasn't lack of parental supervision/adult supervision/resources allocated, it was that people kept treating the kids like kids by insisting on such loathesome actions as insisting their kids get time off with them instead of treating the kids like SO members who are "resources". Just the sort of "thinking" one would expect.

Let us not forget that these problems were eventually "handled" by simply insisting on abortions. Taking care of children has never been a high priority for CofS or its leader.

Parents dared to want to keep their one hour a day of family time to spend with their children. Even this battle they finally lost. We used to have one day a year, called "family day" where we would be allowed to visit with our mom. That got cancelled when I was a teen sometime and family was completely out. Sea Org members were all there was. Family meant NOTHING!

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

It is clear to see that there was no-one there to represent the rights of the children. If anyone could have stood up and said something, it could have made a difference. The sad thing is that those parents that tried got in big ethics trouble and either got reformed or they took off with their kids. Those were the lucky kids. I remember when kids and their parents would disappear and I would think how lucky they were that they had parents who would stick up for them. For the rest of us, we had to fend for ourselves and raise ourselves.

"no-one there to represent the rights of the children"

You point out the basic-basic of Scientology.

What is a right? A right is something that is not subject to the arbitrary orders of those in charge. Children had no rights. Adults had no rights. No one had any rights except the Big Cheese. There was NOTHING that was not subject to arbitrary orders, especially as time went on.

ADDING: at a fundamental level, you only have those rights you refuse to accept infringement upon. The parents who disappeared with their kids were enforcing their rights, in the only workable way. Scientology had become a game where the only way to win, was to refuse to play.

everfree

Patron Meritorious

Parents dared to want to keep their one hour a day of family time to spend with their children. Even this battle they finally lost. We used to have one day a year, called "family day" where we would be allowed to visit with our mom. That got cancelled when I was a teen sometime and family was completely out. Sea Org members were all there was. Family meant NOTHING!

I'm sorry you and other SO kids went through that. Yes, to CofS family means less than nothing - family is something that interferes with PRODUCTION! And that must never be allowed, the fate of the universe (or the size of the bank accounts Miscavige controls, one or the other) depends on it.

I know it wasn't as bad the SO, but even as Class V staff we ran into that all the time.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

The etymology of "cadet" is interesting in this context.

Originally, "cadet" did not mean "military trainee", it meant "younger noble son". I.e., not the heir. The younger sons, the ones not eligible to inherit the estate, had no future in the hierarchy of the nobility, and so were sent to get military training, which gave rise to the more modern meaning of the word.

A cadet was someone whose life was expendable. Which is how LRH thought of them.

Yep. Scientology is, if nothing else, a process of ruthless dehumanising. People aren't people, and children aren't children . . .

14039555667_d4c9efe69f_o.jpg

AnonyMary

Paul

This copy on scribd is images but Mark has posted the text. I will try and get it up tomorrow on scribd

UPDATE: I see that Mark Plummer, aka Warrior, posted that one can get it as a text doc over at scribd. I forgot about that... Saves me some effort :)

Last edited:

AnonyMary

You really should take a few minutes to read it ... it actually states that some parents didn't care about their kids at all and never saw them, some even abandoning them after they left the Sea Org :omg:

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie

I know I have mentioned this before. I lived in Clearwater '81-'82ish. I did not tell folks I was a sciobot, I was not at that point I was former, and did not mention I knew anything about them.

I belonged to a natural food co-op and met people who worked social services or were married to social services people.

I heard many discussions of the terrible conditions, health issues & worse. I know I heard discussions of at least one "crib death" and maybe two in the sciobot children's area. The general feeling was that several more children would die before there was something done. Everyone was very worried about the children - they could not understand why everyone was afraid to take action. The fire department was blocked from doing fire inspections in the children's quarters many times.

The public in the area kept waiting for officials to do something & officials were scared of what would be done to them personally & professionally by the sciobots if they took action.

Paint a dirty mustache on Ron &/or DM & have everyone stiff arm salute & there you go. No wonder Hitler was able to climb so high - instill fear instead of respect & you go far.

For those that were children in that mess. I am so sorry I did not take action, that others did not take action, that you were not protected & loved as all children should be. That it was allowed... will forever be our shame.

:ohmy:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

You really should take a few minutes to read it ... it actually states that some parents didn't care about their kids at all and never saw them, some even abandoning them after they left the Sea Org :omg:

The end-product of the dehumanizing effect of Scn life: somebody who no longer cares about anybody.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

Scientology had become a game where the only way to win, was to refuse to play.

Scientology IS a game where the only way to win, IS to refuse to play. (Fixed it)

AnonyMary

I know I have mentioned this before. I lived in Clearwater '81-'82ish. I did not tell folks I was a sciobot, I was not at that point I was former, and did not mention I knew anything about them.

I belonged to a natural food co-op and met people who worked social services or were married to social services people.

I heard many discussions of the terrible conditions, health issues & worse. I know I heard discussions of at least one "crib death" and maybe two in the sciobot children's area. The general feeling was that several more children would die before there was something done. Everyone was very worried about the children - they could not understand why everyone was afraid to take action. The fire department was blocked from doing fire inspections in the children's quarters many times.

The public in the area kept waiting for officials to do something & officials were scared of what would be done to them personally & professionally by the sciobots if they took action.

Paint a dirty mustache on Ron &/or DM & have everyone stiff arm salute & there you go. No wonder Hitler was able to climb so high - instill fear instead of respect & you go far.

For those that were children in that mess. I am so sorry I did not take action, that others did not take action, that you were not protected & loved as all children should be. That it was allowed... will forever be our shame.

:ohmy:

:omg: Thanks for sharing this Miss Ellie. I had no idea of the extent this was going on down in Clearwater Perhaps some here know more about this. ... I read a very recent post by new member marjiking, who detailed her SO parents neglecting her and her brother, eventually abandoning them. Reading these stories makes me shiver through to the bone :bigcry:
Many of us saw or knew of things and didn't report them... You are forgiven for these things because now you know better and are speaking up about them. Thank you