What's new

New! 1981 PAC CADET ORG/CADET ESTATES ORG ESTABLISHMENT EVAL- How kids were treated

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Re: New! 1981 PAC CADET ORG/CADET ESTATES ORG ESTABLISHMENT EVAL- How kids were treat

It is clear to see that there was no-one there to represent the rights of the children. If anyone could have stood up and said something, it could have made a difference. The sad thing is that those parents that tried got in big ethics trouble and either got reformed or they took off with their kids. Those were the lucky kids. I remember when kids and their parents would disappear and I would think how lucky they were that they had parents who would stick up for them. For the rest of us, we had to fend for ourselves and raise ourselves.

Reading this eval (which I did) brings up a lot of old memories. I know most of the names of the people that were posted in the Cadet Org and the adults assigned to oversee it. Some of them were ok, some not. But they got very tough on the kids trying to get them all in line and ready for the Sea Org, like it or not, kind of thing.

But this eval did not fix things very well, that I know for sure, because the kids were still running rampant and off the rails until about 1985 when things got REALLY hot and heavy. I think there must have been another eval or something, because they really got down to getting the kids under control then. I think right after the Portland and LA legal losses, they were clamping down and trying to get the whole Scn scene under control.

Well they have always been trying to do that and never successful, because their system is terribly flawed (as well as the tech being terribly flawed, and the founder being a complete lunatic).

But the eval essentially says "hey, kids are off the rails, lets separate them even further from their parents and not let the children be raised or loved by parents and lets groom them into becoming Sea Org robots". I guess it worked somehow because lots of those kids ended up in the Sea Org. Some stayed, some did not.

The situation at FOLO/CLO EU was better - it certainly seems better in retrospect. When I got to FOLO EU in September 1978 the AG FOLO was actually running the Estates area - there had been some sort of major flap in the summer and that was why the AG was running it. The Nursery/Cadet area actually ended up with some awesome staff. And, in addition the Danish state is very protective about checking up on infants (new borns were regularly visited by nurses to check weight, health etc) The authorities in Denmark were vigilant in child welfare.

Everyone I knew who had kids in FOLO took their family time - as the org and the berthing were in the same building it was fairly easy to do. But form the top down it was usual for parents to take the family time. Of course the SO schedule with missions etc made sure there were any times it got missed. But for the most part it was there.

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: New! 1981 PAC CADET ORG/CADET ESTATES ORG ESTABLISHMENT EVAL- How kids were treat

Fascinating. 16 pages of unintelligible scio-speak on what needs to be done (by a large number of people involved in and believing in the craziest, clumsiest bureaucracy you've ever seen!) to handle the fact that the SO kids at that time were running wild, doing poorly in school, getting into trouble, and bringing bad PR and legal issues down upon the CoS.

Meanwhile, hundreds and hundreds of thousands of "wog" parents throughout California (PAC area) the USA, and the world, including many SINGLE parents (who work full time, sometimes two or three jobs), with only a rudimentary "hat" passed to them from their own parents and memories of their own childhoods, and no lengthy "eval," are busy providing for their children, dealing with their development issues (granted, not always perfectly, but...), giving them responsibility with useful chores to do, keeping them out of trouble (most of the time, anyway...) and bringing those children up to be independent, responsible, capable, productive citizens.

Outpoints, anyone?

This is the reason I left scientology some 35 years ago rather than put my own child in the cadet org so that I could continue with the (obviously) crazy behavior. I'm happy to report that it (leaving, being a parent present-and-accounted-for) all worked out quite well. I'd recommend it.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Mark Plummer aka Warrior, is posting lots of Cadet org/Sea org child references on the Facebook group SPs 'r'US https://www.facebook.com/groups/325785144156523/

I'll see how we can get links to each.. some are absolutely important to read in light of this eval and the comments here by those who were effected.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader

As a child who lived it:

I hate reading this shit. :angry:But I keep coming back to it anyway. It needs to be out there. I am not saying it should not be.:yes:

Makes me hug my kids more.:thumbsup:

----

For me personally, I would say I am past it. But being reminded of it, brings it all back. Not fun! :no:

Warrior

Patron with Honors

I scanned this Flag Order and many others 17 years ago and shared them out to friends in the Netherlands and Germany.

During my time in the Sea Org I was a member of the Parents Liaison Committee. I saved dozens of documents into a folder I labeled "Parents' Hat Pack". After years of trying to improve conditions for children of Sea Org members I left. I've never regretted that decision as things got much worse after I left.

It is my hope and wish that more people will read this document:
https://www.scribd.com/doc/225084800/Scn-CadetOrg-CEO-Eval-Scientology-Aides-Order-203-71

I'll be sharing more.

Thanks so much, Cat Daddy, for getting FO 1287 more widely seen.

Warrior

Patron with Honors

It's already long indexed by Google. For example:
http://www.matrixfiles.com/Scientology Materials/Reference/Flag Orders/AO.19810828.html

But Scribd is more accessible and searchable. :)

Is the entire text on Scribd, or is it there simply as images?

Paul

Hi, Paul :)

Long before I owned a scanner, I transcribed and formatted the entire document using Word.

Circa 1996, I disseminated the Aides Order and helped Martin Hunt and Lars Bahern with the definitions hyperlinked in the above document.

If you still want/need it, I have it in text form.

Warrior

Patron with Honors

Parents dared to want to keep their one hour a day of family time to spend with their children. Even this battle they finally lost. We used to have one day a year, called "family day" where we would be allowed to visit with our mom. That got cancelled when I was a teen sometime and family was completely out. Sea Org members were all there was. Family meant NOTHING!

Yup. It's the subject of Flag Order 3307.

FO_3307.jpg

JustSheila

Crusader

During my time in the Sea Org I was a member of the Parents Liaison Committee. I saved dozens of documents into a folder I labeled "Parents' Hat Pack". After years of trying to improve conditions for children of Sea Org members I left.

I remember you walking around with your son, hand-in-hand, many times, Warrior, or just picking him up and cuddling him. You were a good father and loved all the kids, and your own son deeply. Thanks for trying to change things while you were there.

Warrior

Patron with Honors

I remember you walking around with your son, hand-in-hand, many times, Warrior, or just picking him up and cuddling him. You were a good father and loved all the kids, and your own son deeply. Thanks for trying to change things while you were there.

Thank you, Sheila. I love all of my children with all my heart. I NEVER ONCE missed family time during my years in the Sea Org (1975-1983).

I tried to leave the Sea Org in late 1976 when FMO 1674 Missionaires Jack Dirmann and Wayne Marple briefed parents at ASHO about the new Cadet Ranch facility they had acquired. We (the staff at ASHO) were told that we would not be able to see our children every day because the facility was too far away, and the travel time going there and coming back each day would take too much time, which would "cut across production". We were told that we would only be able to spend some time with our children on Saturdays, if our "stats were up".

In early 1977, after months of querying Ron and repeatedly asking him a question about his intention regarding family time, and not getting a straight answer, I went to the staff MAA, Michael Grau, and I told him I wanted to leave the Sea Org so I could be with my family. I told him there was NO WAY I was going to stay in the Sea Org if I could not spend time with my son every day. I told him that I had been recruited into the Sea Org by Steve Grant, and that one of the promises he had made to my wife and me was that we would be able to see our son every day. And now, since the Sea Org was about to break its promise, as far as I was concerned my Sea Org contract was null and void because it had been obtained by fraudulent means, i.e., false representation regarding the living conditions and arrangements for my family.

I was assigned a lower condition and had my pay (which at that time was only $10/week) withheld for 17 weeks. I was Sec Checked by a bunch of different fuckheads on the HCO Form One World Wide Classified Confessional. It's a confidential issue with over 200 questions and takes one "whole track". The sessions were video taped. The Supercargo, Alan Prager, told me I was psychotic for wanting to leave the Sea Org. The Director of Personnel Enhancement, Peggy Peden, told me if I left the "most ethical group on the planet" I would "pull in" something horrible -- my death.

In July of 1977, when I was the victim of a hit and run accident while fulfilling my post duties, it seemed at that moment that Peggy had been right. An automobile driver named Dora Mae Foster ran a red light in downtown LA at 8th and Alvarado Streets, t-boning me while I was a passenger on a chopper driven by my senior, James Chapman. James was the Treasury Secretary at that time. On impact, I went flying in a northerly direction and came down on the pavement, head first with no helmet on...

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

A while back, I came across the original definition of "cadet". Cadet comes from a French word meaning "younger sons of a noble family", (i.e., not the first-born who would inherit the noble title). The younger sons would tend to go into the military, which is how the word got its later meaning.

"Cadet" did not originally mean "officer trainee". It's original meaning was "expendable child". That seems to be how LRH thought, as well.

ADDING: (I posted this earlier in the thread, and forgot. My Alzheimers is acting up I guess)

Last edited:

Cat Daddy

Silver Meritorious Patron

"Scientologists have about as much self-determinism as Pavlov’s dogs after their testicles had been removed."

-John Atack