What's new

New default style

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hi guys I've been making some tweaks to the style. Light Soft Blue fixed is now thew default theme/style. It needs to be fixed width because of some other features I'm introducing shortly.

I hope this new default solves a few problems folks have mentioned to me about readability.

Last edited:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Also changed the default font and quoted text font. I hope this makes life a little easier.

Last edited:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Sorry, one more thing. There will be one light style (light soft blue fixed) and one dark style (Dark (with blue) fixed width. I'll keep the xenforo default style for those who use it. Any development to styles will only happen on the two new styles (not Xenforo default).

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Also changed the default font and quoted text font. I hope this means life a little easier.

Thank you Emma. I was whingeing about the default font a few posts back but I didn't want to get on your case about it knowing how much stuff you've got on your hands at the moment. I didn't like the last font, Arial is much more attractive IMO.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
The last global font was Georgia :faceslap:. I've made the quoted text Arial & the post text Trebuchet

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

This new format with clearly delineated "borders" between posts (i.e. the blue-tone "background") really makes the individual posts POP--almost dimensionally!

It's so much easier on the eye to track the (previously) chaotic pagefuls of posts & replies. Love it!

Thanks Em!

You know, I really hate to say this, but after you made those graphic improvements...

"My space feels calmer!" LOL LOL LOL

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
The last global font was Georgia :faceslap:. I've made the quoted text Arial & the post text Trebuchet
Oh, the default font is now Trebuchet, I thought it was Arial, like the quoted text. At first glance they are similar to one another I think, and you have to look hard to spot the difference. Anyway, both are much nicer than Georgia.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
You know, I really hate to say this, but after you made those graphic improvements...

"My space feels calmer!" LOL LOL LOL
Just for you, my little HH. Now go to sleep like mama says. :sleepy:

blue-baby-nursery-interior-and-furniture-ideas-for-baby-boy.jpg

* Spice up the rest of your computer space. All matching
accessories shown above are available at your local Target.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Oh, the default font is now Trebuchet, I thought it was Arial, like the quoted text. At first glance they are similar to one another I think, and you have to look hard to spot the difference. Anyway, both are much nicer than Georgia.

Hmmmm. Trebuchet.

That's one of those words that you see for decades and it seems oddly familiar (or just oddly odd) but not enough to trigger a conscious thought like: "Hey WTF is that word all about anyways?!"

Well, today I saw that word and thought to myself: "Wait! No! What? I'm putting an end to all this right now!" So I looked it up (in Ron's invention, the dictionary!)

For those who find such esoterica interesting, here 'tis--

wiki
Trebuchet MS is a sans-serif typeface designed by Vincent Connare for the Microsoft Corporation in 1996. It is named after the trebuchet, a medieval siege engine (that launches large boulders or other missiles). . .

VillainousPointedAmericanshorthair-max-1mb.gif

So, yeah, it hurls things (really heavy and dangerous things) at your enemies. This is probably something Ideal Orgs should have, rather than going through all that DevT of pretending to ComEv people before declaring and fair gaming them.

trebuchet-diagram.png

So, all this leads to another even more trivial pursuit--but we've come this far, so why not?! And that is, WHY would anyone ever freakin' name a FONT after a medieval boulder launcher?!

ANSWER: (wiki) "Connare "thought that would be a great name for a font that launches words across the Internet".