What's new

New SP Times article: Former Scientology insiders describe a world of coercion

smartone

My Own Boss
Re: New Video: Basically Obsessed

OMG, I look so angry. Truth is, I was freezing cold and sitting in that chair shivering and very tense. Oh well.

I didn't see any anger. I thought you got your point across very well and was very forthright. Why were you freezing cold? Were you nervous? No, that's sweating. Ah well, I liked it anyway. Very well done.

Cindy ! The Adulterer !

Listen to this. As I keep exposing the ABUSE and especially Miscavige ABUSE,
they are now say I am/was a Call Girl !

First I was a peddlar of children for underage Sex !

But no one swallowed that. Then they claimed I am /was a honeypot for a Russian Spy !

Then they claimed I was the MISTRESS of a British Politician !
(I was the 2d of a British Politician, and he was wealthy and generous, but I was his girlfriend) ~~ this is from my early early pc folders and has now been spun to the fact that I was ::::drum roll:::::

A Mistress !!!!!!!
:confused2::confused2::confused2:

And in a more escalated way perhaps to please Miscavige, in these hate malicious sites I am named as a Call girl ! (They only JUST discovered that I am a call girl a week ago since I started the ABUSE thread) :duh::duh:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Hehehee...I want the COS fiction writers to rewrite MY life as pulp fiction....it could do with a bit of jazzing up.!:yes:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I'm not sure if these links have been posted:

Pervasive pitch: Scientology book and lecture series, 'The Basics,' unleashes a sales frenzy

By Joe Childs and Thomas C. Tobin, Times Staff Writers
In Print: Monday, November 14, 2011
http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/article1201177.ece

Shifty business: Times inquiry finds secret debits, deception after Scientology 'Basics' released

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/article1201176.ece

Scientology couple who gave $1.3 million: Church mission 'has been corrupted'

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/article1201187.ece

Just what is in 'The Basics'?

Times staff
http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/article1201186.ece

Church responds to St. Petersburg Times series

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/article1201174.ece

Thankyou Sponge on OCMB for the links.

NCSP

Patron Meritorious
I think the Scilons have missed some of those too. I can't believe some of my snarky comments haven't been "handled" yet!

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Synthia,

My critique…

You sounded real good. :yes:

You looked just great. :coolwink:

You did a terrific job. :clap:

There was no doubt that you are credible, sincere, truthful and of good Heart. :thumbsup:

Thank You, :rose:

Face :)

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Synthia,

My critique…

You sounded real good. :yes:

You looked just great. :coolwink:

You did a terrific job. :clap:

There was no doubt that you are credible, sincere, truthful and of good Heart. :thumbsup:

Thank You, :rose:

Face :)

Dear Synthia,

I completely agree with my good friend "Face" here. :yes:

And it you were a little chilled, would have loved to be there to give you a warm snuggle both before and after. :eyeroll:

The Sr C/S is a jealous one - but in this case, I am sure she would have been most supportive and understanding. :yes:

Much love,

Mike Horton, aka EP

NCSP

Patron Meritorious
:hifive: They haven't handled the hell out it yet, have they?

I mean, I'm not so full of myself I think I'm a high priority for them, but still. They've let me have the last word way too much. The old basoon is running out of wind. :)

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Ha, I know what you mean. Part of me does feel like I'm just feeding the trolls when I respond, but, on the other hand,

a) I hate to see some of that stuff go unchallenged, especially the personal attacks.

b) I think we're in a position to call bullshit on some claims that otherwise onlookers might think were valid.

c) Engaging with people in a challenging but (hopefully) not nasty way might shake them (or other readers) up a bit.

d) Neutral parties who look at the comments might get a sense of our position that wouldn't necessarily be available in the article. They'll also get a good look at how Scientology responds to criticism. We may look strident, but they look crazy and sinister.

So I'm conflicted. What tips the scales for me is that it's a hell of a lot of fun. :)

Heh! I've been lovin' and up-ticking your comments. Can I just recommend that if you want to get into troll wars with Scilons, don't forget to regularly mention, in disparaging terms, L Ron Hubbard and David Miscavige plus make frequent references to the main message of the OP - it is these three things the Scilons are trying to divert attention from and avoid. Carry on, I reckon you're doing well.

NCSP

Patron Meritorious
Heh! I've been lovin' and up-ticking your comments. Can I just recommend that if you want to get into troll wars with Scilons, don't forget to regularly mention, in disparaging terms, L Ron Hubbard and David Miscavige plus make frequent references to the main message of the OP - it is these three things the Scilons are trying to divert attention from and avoid. Carry on, I reckon you're doing well.

I'm really not even writing to them. Mostly when I respond to stuff, I'm thinking about the Scientologist six months or a year from now who's just starting to look at stuff online and reads those comments. I want them to see that the OSA commenters are pathetic, sure, but I also want them to see that we may be caustic or snarky at times, but we're not so bad. I know very well that none of the Scn commenters deserves a response in good faith, but that future reader does.

PS - Thanks. :D

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I just bought the print version of today's paper. The Scientology stories occupy 70% of the front page as well as 4 FULL inside pages! :)

6340701346_3045d8cbcd_m.jpg

And here's the front of Monday's paper! :biggrin:

The Scientology story again occupies about 70% of the front page plus an additional 3 FULL pages inside. :clap:

sptimes4.jpg

Last edited:

Purple Rain

Crusader
I'm really not even writing to them. Mostly when I respond to stuff, I'm thinking about the Scientologist six months or a year from now who's just starting to look at stuff online and reads those comments. I want them to see that the OSA commenters are pathetic, sure, but I also want them to see that we may be caustic or snarky at times, but we're not so bad. I know very well that none of the Scn commenters deserves a response in good faith, but that future reader does.

PS - Thanks. :D

I think we're quite nice SPs really! It's a bit like a train wreck... you have to go back and keep looking. It almost looks like they've given up!

NCSP

Patron Meritorious
I think we're quite nice SPs really! It's a bit like a train wreck... you have to go back and keep looking. It almost looks like they've given up!

I like having lots of different kinds of people respond -- some harsh, some gentle, Indies, critics, exes, etc. -- it contrasts nicely with the monotony of the Scns.

And I also like having the last word. It shows that we're the ones who are interested in communicating; they're the ones who run when challenged. That no one ever responded to Synthia looks just shameful.

Purple Rain

Crusader
I like having lots of different kinds of people respond -- some harsh, some gentle, Indies, critics, exes, etc. -- it contrasts nicely with the monotony of the Scns.

And I also like having the last word. It shows that we're the ones who are interested in communicating; they're the ones who run when challenged. That no one ever responded to Synthia looks just shameful.

Yes, they are caught red-handed telling porkies with that one! Rice and beans for somebody tonight.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Omigosh! You can buy a paper for 75c?! I must be used to Australian prices again.

The Sunday edition of the SP Times is currently 75c. If you were to get a New York Times though I believe that is closer to $5.00 (and $2.00 during week last I knew).

Those prices are if you buy them off the new stand. If you subscribe to the papers they are generally much less.