What's new

OT VIII Glen Pool Drops the Body.

DanLocke

Patron with Honors
Glen was Apollo crew in the early 70's or late 60's. He never told me how it came about, but he somehow managed to be posted at the Portland Org for a couple of years even though he was ex-SO.

I'd ask how it came about, but he was real good at "no answer" in regards to his SO life.

Then, years later, when I was in the SO at PAC, I would attempt to recruit him from time to time and he'd laugh me off.

Somewhere along the line he married Cass Warner, the daughter or grand daughter of one of the Warner Brothers and heiress to his fortune. She was very well thought of on Flag Reg lines.

But, he's "dropped the body" if I am deciphering his FB feed correctly, sometime in late December 2016: https://www.facebook.com/glenn.pool.31

Interesting that there is a couple people saying how cool it was that they got to meet just after he had completed OT 8 just a little bit ago! I guess everyone is "flat" on OTs croaking. Years ago, whenever that happened, people would freak out.

A good guy, though, and I wished I had got to know him better.

Dan

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think I remember him....if the same guy. Did he live and work in Clearwater, and drive an old BMW or Mercedes? For some reason I get the image of the old classic "luxury" car, it was brown. It was a prized possession. He worked as an exec, briefly, for one of the zillions of WISE companies. Seemed like a nice sort of guy but I didn't know him real well personally.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I think he was in my courseroom around 1987, the NWC Sec Checker School on the 3rd floor of the main building at PAC. That would make him a Class 2 auditor at least, a staff member somewhere, SO or non-SO.

I was going to say oh! he died young, but that was 30 years ago and I was relatively young then too. Heh. How time flies when you're having fun.

Paul

DanLocke

Patron with Honors
I think he was in my courseroom around 1987, the NWC Sec Checker School on the 3rd floor of the main building at PAC. That would make him a Class 2 auditor at least, a staff member somewhere, SO or non-SO.

I was going to say oh! he died young, but that was 30 years ago and I was relatively young then too. Heh. How time flies when you're having fun.

Paul

Purretty sure that was some other youngster you are thinking about. I think the Portland Org in the mid 70's was his last staff stint. He would have been in his late 60's or early 70's when he croaked.

Dan

P.S. Now I am thinking that maybe did get roped back in again about that time, with promises of something that would never happen. Could be.

Dan

StatPush

Patron
Glen was my auditor at ITS/NWC in 1987.

Glen told me he got into Scn at the St. Louis Org. At the time he was a student at SIU Carbondale. He went to the org for a Whole Track lecture. He was hooked. The event was a Sea Org recruitment event. He was instructed to show up the next morning with his passport and a duffel bag. He dropped out of school and within 24 hours was on the ship. The rest is history.

Glen was also listed as an editor for the old Second Dynamic book.