What's new

PAC Staff Secrets

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
A "clear" is the basic personality. It is a person's personality minus his aberrations.

'Aberration' is an arbitrary and relative concept, and deliberately judgmental. A person's personality *is* his personality *with* his 'aberrations'. If someone decides he doesn't like part of his personality, he can change it, and then it's a changed personality; not the 'original' one minus its aberrations.

Zinj

Vinaire

Sponsor
'Aberration' is an arbitrary and relative concept, and deliberately judgmental. A person's personality *is* his personality *with* his 'aberrations'. If someone decides he doesn't like part of his personality, he can change it, and then it's a changed personality; not the 'original' one minus its aberrations.

Zinj

So, what is an aberration for one may not be aberration for another!

So, a miserable person is miserable because he wants to be miserable.

I got it!

Div6

Crusader

Zinj

The missing concept here is "thetan". A "thetan" is "basic personality".
The composite of "thetan" + "body" is a being that has identified with the bodies urges, impulses and ridges, including it's "reptile brain". A "clear" is a thetan who KNOWS he is a being, and can be free of the bodies colorations and electronic fields. The best defs I know of were the "Mest Clear", "Theta Clear" and "Cleared Theta Clear" ones. A theta clear operating externally from the body, and a cleared theta clear having "no track", ie: no hidden compulsions, obsessions, purposes, postulates or restraints...who act on the greatest good naturally, and exists in the present working towards future goals.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Do you know how many people felt they were withholding when in fact what they were doing was just denying the truth - the reality. This is not to say that LRH was "bad". Everyone felt the confliction between loyalty to Scientology, LRH and world peace and harmony and that which was our reality.

Thank you for having this forum. Cindy

That's how I see it too - and thankyou for posting!
You experienced one of the most intense of all the Scientology experiences, and that was the one of running around after LRH and looking after him personally. I can barely imagine how hard that would to come to terms with. Messiah or madman....

I don't like speaking Scientologese, talking about withholds etc. It's reality ! What you were experiencing, both the good and the bad, was just how it was. Making sense of it is another subject, and the reason for this forum.

I didn't meet him, but I handled lots of his comms when he had just left SH. And my conclusion at the time was that nothing surprised me. I was just seeing snippets so in later years when I read some of the stories, the puzzle pieces began falling into place. His extreme changes of viewpoint were par for the course, and only really known to those in his immediate area - and certainly not talked about generally.

The whole idea was to keep the 'public' unaware and also 'the end justified the means'. In my opinion anyway. Those early days were unique, it was part of a big adventure in a way and easier to excuse strange behaviour to ourselves because it was all new and there were sure to be rough spots. Unfortunately not many knew the extent of it.

Although this thread seems to have veered into yet another squabble discussion of definitions, please keep posting. Your stories are so valuable. You were there. :)

Last edited:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
So, what is an aberration for one may not be aberration for another!

So, a miserable person is miserable because he wants to be miserable.

I got it!

Your second statement is non-sequitur to your first. Either or both may or may not be true, but, they're unrelated.

One may 'choose' to be miserable, and what constitutes miserable conditions is relative, but, while it's possible to make lemonade out of fate-given lemons, it's far more difficult to make it out of pee.

Zinj

CindyHall

That's how I see it too - and thankyou for posting!
You experienced one of the most intense of all the Scientology experiences, and that was the one of running around after LRH and looking after him personally. I can barely imagine how hard that would to come to terms with. Messiah or madman....

I don't like speaking Scientologese, talking about withholds etc. It's reality ! What you were experiencing, both the good and the bad, was just how it was. Making sense of it is another subject, and the reason for this forum.

I didn't meet him, but I handled lots of his comms when he had just left SH. And my conclusion at the time was that nothing surprised me. I was just seeing snippets so in later years when I read some of the stories, the puzzle pieces began falling into place. His extreme changes of viewpoint were par for the course, and only really known to those in his immediate area - and certainly not talked about generally.

The whole idea was to keep the 'public' unaware and also 'the end justified the means'. In my opinion anyway. Those early days were unique, it was part of a big adventure in a way and easier to excuse strange behaviour to ourselves because it was all new and there were sure to be rough spots. Unfortunately not many knew the extent of it.

Although this thread seems to have veered into yet another squabble discussion of definitions, please keep posting. Your stories are so valuable. You were there. :)

Wow....this took on a life of it's own. I will continue to share "stories" of my time with LRH and the rest. What I can tell you is that I know to be true is that one of his biggest upsets over the years and why he would get so frustrated with all of us was the continual personal interpretation of the definitions which make sme laugh in a good way about these threads.

It is impossible for any us "humans" not to question because any experience effects us subjectively and therefore differently. What he would say and what he wanted was for us to just do...just live it...but as we all have found out it sometimes is just not that easy.

It was clear to him what he had to say, what his thoughts were and I really have no doubt that his intention initially and really through the years was pure. It is not so different from any other type of religion that becomes contaminated by greed for power, sex and money.

To see David M now and see him then - maybe 16-18 at the time in front of LRH so humble. I cannot count the times David M was dressed down personally and publically by LRH for his "handling" of events and/or people but the on the other hand....when there was dirty work to be done who got the order....David M.

I find this entire time of my life fascinating, frightening, enlightening and daring. I was 19 looking for "the cure"..for me for others..just really trying to find my place. and what a place I found the CMO and L. Ron Hubbard.

More evidence, data or the like :p to come. Thanks for listening and talking. I feel like I have found some new friends who just might get "it"...now what is "it". That's got to be good for another 40 lightening round threads :)

take care all

cindy

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Well, since you seem to know my mind so well, how will I vote in the upcoming election? I said nothing about "case". You did. I did not say that your conclusions were based on upsets, I just said you had them.

I am looking.

You seem to have fixed your idea pretty solidly.

Go ahead and address, specifically, the point I made to you.

Can you do that?

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Wow....this took on a life of it's own. I will continue to share "stories" of my time with LRH and the rest. What I can tell you is that I know to be true is that one of his biggest upsets over the years and why he would get so frustrated with all of us was the continual personal interpretation of the definitions which make sme laugh in a good way about these threads.

It is impossible for any us "humans" not to question because any experience effects us subjectively and therefore differently. What he would say and what he wanted was for us to just do...just live it...but as we all have found out it sometimes is just not that easy.

It was clear to him what he had to say, what his thoughts were and I really have no doubt that his intention initially and really through the years was pure. It is not so different from any other type of religion that becomes contaminated by greed for power, sex and money.

To see David M now and see him then - maybe 16-18 at the time in front of LRH so humble. I cannot count the times David M was dressed down personally and publically by LRH for his "handling" of events and/or people but the on the other hand....when there was dirty work to be done who got the order....David M.

I find this entire time of my life fascinating, frightening, enlightening and daring. I was 19 looking for "the cure"..for me for others..just really trying to find my place. and what a place I found the CMO and L. Ron Hubbard.

More evidence, data or the like :p to come. Thanks for listening and talking. I feel like I have found some new friends who just might get "it"...now what is "it". That's got to be good for another 40 lightening round threads :)

take care all

cindy

I've found it to be invaluable to write things out here, simply to get them into perspective in hindsight. And also to discover the sometimes invisible indoctrination that still coloured my views.

And there are some truly wonderful people here. Just ignore the odd :catfight: - they are not usually serious. :)
And often about defining ideas. I have found it easier to use English so there is less misinterpretation.

I think it would be a good idea to start your own thread in the Staff War Stories section and add to it when you feel like it. That's what I am doing.

Though I don't have an ounce of sympathy for DM and his inevitable collapse, it's another view to see him as a teenager and how it led to where he is. There but for the grace of God perhaps....

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron

take care all

cindy

Cindy - you may not realize this but you are a living part of history - those times you lived with LRH will become the stuff of legends down through time :)

Not often one gets to see first hand the rise and fall of an Empire Builder and an Empire in one lifetime! :melodramatic: :melodramatic: :melodramatic:

Better than having spent your life working at some WallMart or J. C. Penney's. :clap:

Alan

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Wow. I was wondering about this the other day. This kind of hypersensitivity to smells, and so on has been listed as one of the symptoms of chronic yeast infections. Which typically occur when the diet is heavily acidic and the body has lost the "good" intestinal flora and fauna.

You have to wonder how someone could smoke 2 packs of Kools a day and have a "sensitivity to smells".

:eyeroll:

happynow

Patron
OK so I have a question. When I was doing training in LA I was in the berthing in the main building. I took showers on the 7th floor I think and the windows were broken and I could see the rooms across the way. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. I always felt I was being watched. Was there somebody watching the girls taking showers? This is just one of the millions of stupid little things that bugged me.

Marie

Patron
yep that was the 7th floor... I took showers in the same room... I didn't think anyone was watching.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
You have to wonder how someone could smoke 2 packs of Kools a day and have a "sensitivity to smells".

:eyeroll:

Hey, I smoke a pack a day and even with a cold, I can still smell things that others can't. I have a hearing problem, so I think my sense of smell works stronger than most peoples. The body will naturally make other senses stronger if one is not 100%. Blind people have an incredible sense of feel (finger tips are more acute, as is the feeling of vibration) and hearing.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
yep that was the 7th floor... I took showers in the same room... I didn't think anyone was watching.

I guess you haven't seen the PBC video series, formerly closed-circuit TV but later recorded from a live webcam feed and now online, "Top-Floor Girls Gone Wild". Why do you think they kept the windows broken year after year after year? For ventilation? :hattip:

Paul

(PBC=PAC Base Crew, the local Estates Org)

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey dulloldfart,

That's funny!

Thanks for the responses. I was starting to think I was invisible.

Does everybody who's for real on here think that everybody who's new
is an OSA spy? I guess I would. I don't know why I came here out of the blue. I guess I still need some healing. I just sorta ignored for a long time that 16 years of my life were taken. I guess I got off light though.

I've been on esmb for 1200+ posts and everyone thinks I am an osa spy....

Welcome!

(one spy to another.... :whistling: )

:)

alex