What's new

Rathbun's first INFOMERCIAL is a bomb!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Messenger of Ron, Marty, does video-blog #1, a folksy little talk with the congregation.

Well at least he has taken to the air waves, launching his first "briefing" from the psychedelic shack.

Is this guy a M.O.R.O.N. (Messenger Of Ron Or Not)? You decide...

I carefully listened to every word. OMG.

CONCLUSION: What the fuck did you say?

It was a disaster of disjointed, subjective, scriptural, political mumbo-jumbo, messianic mess!

Jesus, Marty! You have got to get your shit together! Nobody has any idea what y'all are talking about!

Holy hell, you needs some help, boy.

USEFUL TIPS FOR MARTY'S NEXT INFOMERCIAL:

If you are going to baffle, bewilder and bullshit your faithful, use some props or cool staging goddammit. That way they'll get distracted and not concentrate on your mystifying, miscalculated, meandering messianic mumblings.

You need a gimmick, Marty. Something to get your few dozen faithful up to Old CoS Size, like ten million or something.

Ron said an OT could heal others with just throwing white energy at them. How bout something like that?

Carmel

Crusader
Thanks for posting Hoaxee, and glad to know it wasn't just me who found it confusing....It saved me from having to endure listening to it twice. :)

I wonder what he was referring to with mention of the "crossroads" currently, at the beginning of the vid. :hmm:

:confused2: :confused2: :confused2:
:confused2: :confused2:

incoherent all the way through. Amazing.:confused2:

:confused2: :confused2: :confused2:

JBTrendy

Patron with Honors
Benny Hin Versus Marty

Thanks Hellu for the Benny Hin's track

I love it

Marty's got the Sharks around his shack obviously

Didn't communicate at all 2 me

Good Lords have mercy

:duh::duh::duh:

HelluvaHoax!

Thanks for posting Hoaxee, and glad to know it wasn't just me who found it confusing....It saved me from having to endure listening to it twice. :)I wonder what he was referring to with mention of the "crossroads" currently, at the beginning of the vid. :hmm:

EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT MARTY'S INFOMERCIAL BUT WERE TOO NAUSEOUS TO FINISH THE VIDEO AND FIND OUT:

1. He has carefully staged the framing of the shot to showcase Ron's Holy Scripture volumes, in focus, just behind him. But he pops into frame wearing a sleeveless workout shirt as if it were all just quite impromptu. Good work Marty, I am sure your congregation will be telling wins about how "down to earth" you are for a man of the God.

2. Opening statement states: "We are at a major crossroads in the Independence Movement...." This was a mystery sandwich teaser because he did not say another word about it the rest of the video. Mary loves to use teasers...and drag his readership (and now video viewership) into begging for more scriptural revelation.

3. Marty is using the tried-and-tested "BriefingTech" but he does it with a folksy carefully studied insouciance: "Something I forgot to brief Y'all on...." Marty promises more briefings. Scientologists love to give and receive briefings for some reason. I think it has something to do with why sadists and masochists love to twin up.

4. To keep his congregation from feeling guilty, Marty is sure to include certain scriptural buzzwords that Scientologists find quite calming and reassuring. Nervous doubt can be turned off by just the mention of the word "PLANET" or "TECH THAT WORKS" or, in this briefing the wonderfully soothing Ronism "Other Fish To Fry". You can say virtually anything before that idiom and it will make sense to a Scientologist. For example:

MARTY: Hey, I want all you Independent Scientologists to lie, steal, cheat & destroy COB utterly.

INDY SCN: Hey! No way! Isn't that the Fair Game Policy that you said Ron canceled?! Isn't that why we became Independents?!

MARTY: Yes, yes, yes...but COB has 'other fish to fry'.

INDY SCN: Oh, sure, in that case, no problem. Let's utterly destroy that SP!

Just to keep the record straight, here is what Marty said. It doesn't matter what came before it, as long as it includes the last 4 words.

"He finds out that he can get that from direct study of his scripture, as opposed to getting it thru the filter, thru the alteration, thru the interpretation of bureaucracies that have a lot of other fish to fry."​

5. Oh yeah, another little "teaser" that he just kind of dropped in there amidst his telling listeners they really should buy that book about Chrisianity called "THE SHACK"--Marty says: "....I've alluded to my own book." Hmmm....I wonder if he is possibly drumming up some customer interest to buy his book?

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Dear mr.Rathbun!

Thank you for sticking up for us giving the planet a clear shot to freedom without DM and his suppressive minions!

I haven´t felt the presence of such theta powers in years. You´re right, lets stick to it and get the tech out there! :happydance:

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Eh...

What is it about our species that causes some or even most of us to pursue delusions spewed by greedy materialists? Are we that disconnected from the Supreme Being that we are willing to give up so much of what little we might have just to feel placated, trading religion for spirituality? :confused2:

I believe that my main reason for becoming involved with the clams in the first place was my careless search for friendship and the huge hole in my soul that I nor my parents couldn't fill. :yes:

God, what I was willing to give up to try and fill the aching loneliness from within. I only just now realized, in hindsight of course, that I would not have felt that terrible loneliness if I had found God first. :yes:

It was almost a decade ago that I had a very true and real spiritual awakening. I woke up from the sleep filled with so many nightmares that had been my life up to that point and the entire "awakening" only took about 5 minutes. Five minutes to clear my mind, make an offering and make my connection, creating a series of unbelievable phenomena that I will never forget, :)

That was 9 years ago. Sadly enough, it would take me another 5 years or so to finally begin to break free of the mental straight jacket I allowed hubbard to place around me while he dug around in my pockets to relieve me of anything I might have of any value. :unsure:

I truly feel sorry for people like Mike Rinder, Marty Rathburn et al; still clinging to the delusions that trapped us all. :sad:

I feel a little more free every day; now it's time to catch up on everything I missed while I was sleeping. :thumbsup:

Mystic

Crusader
Good to see where the 'Independent Field' is at.

Yes. Scientology, not just the freaky so-called 'Church', but the whole stinking cesspool born of Hubbard schoidt, is dying. This video is just more proof.

Thanks for the great show, Marty.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I truly feel sorry for people like Mike Rinder, Marty Rathburn et al; still clinging to the delusions that trapped us all. :sad:
I'm not sure I feel the same way. I am skeptical that Marty is a true believer.

Get the book. I think it's an enjoyable read. I think you'll enjoy it, even just for the enjoyment of it.
Marty, that is some of the worst prose I've ever seen. I cannot buy a book by someone with these literacy skills.

I wonder what he was referring to with mention of the "crossroads" currently, at the beginning of the vid. :hmm:
I interpret that as a way of trying to appeal to people who are considering joining him who may feel themselves at a crossroads. Maybe he is trying to create empathy with those have left the church or are considering leaving or maybe people who are questioning the validity of the tech.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Remember the old anti-drug commercial:

"This is drugs....this is your brain on drugs...any questions?"

Replace drugs with scientology and show that video to every high school kid. Pretty good and scary example of what a couple of decades of cult-think can do to your mind.

HelluvaHoax!

Useful Tips for Marty's Next Infomercial

Hey Marty,

Since your words are already not making any sense, why not go all the way and make that work for you.

Televangelists have been raking in billions with the ministries of "speaking in tongues". So, here is your--

TELEVANGELIST TIP OF THE DAY.

Go for it Marty. Just call it something cool like The Golden Age of Glosolalia. GAG!!! LOL

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
5. Oh yeah, another little "teaser" that he just kind of dropped in there amidst his telling listeners they really should buy that book about Chrisianity called "THE SHACK"--Marty says: "....I've alluded to my own book." Hmmm....I wonder if he is possibly drumming up some customer interest to buy his book?

I noticed that. I haven't heard mention of "his book" before. Guess he intends getting in on the "Miscavige dirt" bandwagon before it runs out of gas.

Paul

RebtGenius

Patron with Honors
If it wasn't for HelluvaHoax's helpful interpretation of Marty's disjointed and rambling sermon, I'd have an extremely painful migraine instead of just a moderately annoying tension headache. Thanks HH. Marty should hire a stagecoach and transport you down to Texas. You could be hatted as his communications officer and enforce understanding of his wonderfully inefficient, redundant, grasping, and cock-a-hoop communications.

You'd get paid $51/week (because it's more independent and rebel-like than $50) plus shack and board. Imagine waking up and sniffing that cool Texas air each morning. Admittedly, you'd have to be creative with how you placed your sleeping bag as the shack's floor has several pools filled with sweat from Marty's brow. But, you'd be infused with Marty's bold mixture of squirrel tech, 100% Standard Tech, independent tech, snake-oil salesmanship, and (most recently) evangelical Christianity. Make like a Texas tornado and starting clearing the path for Marty's 2nd attempt at clearing the planet.

Jeffrey

Last edited:

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
He's out in body only

Marty is one folksy guy. He's likable. :eyeroll:

It took me about 6 years of being out to have the first of many realizations that the "tech" was flawed. :ohmy: I thought the problem was a combination of me and the management. I still believed. I did conditions. I had my red and green volumes. I listened to the PDC tapes over and over. I did SA lists. I was out in body only and angry at management. :angry:

Finally, the truth crept into my post-hypnotic trance and I began to see the truth. I gave away a lovely Mark VI and threw away the books and haven't missed them for a minute.:happydance:

It took time.

Marty is holding onto the simple notion that Dianetics and Scientology work and David Miscavage is ruining the CoS. I'm sure that most of us have been there. Marty is in the middle of working things out and "The Shack" had great meaning for him and he needs to share. (It's obvious that he is used to sharing that kind of insight and believes that others really care about his realizations. I think it's a post cos manager thing.)

Leaving scientrology is a process.

If Marty keeps ignoring all the anti stories of LRH and focussing on the textbooks... well, he'll keep "cogniting" on all the "truth" available in the the many worlds of LRH. :whistling:

He may never come around, but I think he'll live to see the day when he'll be embarassed about the recording. :omg: