What's new

Richard Coanda, Long Time Scientologist Passes Away

DanLocke

Patron with Honors
Re: https://www.facebook.com/events/684614751583348/

Long time Scientologist Richard "Dick" Coanda passed away on Monday, January 6, 2014 around 10:00 am. He was a dedicated Sea Org member for many years at ASHO D and FDN he was a Word Clearer for the SHSBC. I understand that he also was a mission staff member before the SO and that he was also CCI crew for sometime.

Richard and his wife, Lori, had several children. I did not know them all, and we were all busy, but I knew them all to be bright and sensitive children. And he had grandchildren as well. When you visit Dick's facebook page you will see a whole lot of love in that family.

I am told that there will be a memorial service soon, but I wanted to create this "cyber event" several days into the future. I don't know a lot about facebook events, but I am pretty sure that this can be used as a "message depot", a place to write your memories of Dick, and to send your love to his family.

Please write in anticipation that your words may be read at his memorial service. I will also set it up so that, even after the service, people can still contribute to it . Please note that this is NOT intended to be a forum to talk critically about Scientology technology, philosophy, the Church, its past or current management, or any of that. I am not saying you can't say that sort of thing anywhere you want, but for this page, it would not be at all appropriate. If you have something nice to say, please go to his tribute page and say it; the family knows of the page and will appreciate your words. (What you have to say might also be read at his memorial service, once it is arranged.) Here is the link to facebook tribute page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/684614751583348/

Also, if you know people who know Dick, I would appreciate it if you would make this known to them. Thousands of people interacted with Dick over the years at ASHO; I think it would be great to get a few hundred posting there, their appreciation of the man,

Here is a recent pic of Dick and his wife, Lori, welcoming a new grandchild:

1505564_10152116882777192_172732932_n.jpg