What's new

Scientology usurps ANZAC acronym in Australia and New Zealand

RogerB

Crusader
Thanks, our main function is KSW... Keeping Seymour Working :)

Let me know is the OSA handle is offensive and I'll change it, of course...

:biggrin: A good pun, but a little conflictive in my mind at first contact.

Technically, a little bit of "off-positioning" . . . . maybe, for simplicity sake among we who fight the real OSA, maybe a more easy for us handle to address a friend by would be something like . . . . Anti-OSA . . . now that I could really relate to and jump for joy with.

And if this nic is the cover for our hero of the Auss TV empire I hope to heavens this thread has not blown your cover . . . says me, as I also see a flood of posts as I wake up here and write . . . .

I'll bet "The Little Digger" Billy Hughes is turning in his grave on this one! Hex the bastards, Billy!

wazn

Patron with Honors
I think I'll send that off to the Sydney Morning Herald.

The Church of Scientology abusing the ANZAC acronym. Crikey, why is it Scientology can never stop plagiarising, misdirecting and conning people?

Peeling off the bullshit to get to the good stuff is like stripping the paper from cardboard to find the box is empty.

"Crikey, why is it Scientology can never stop plagiarising, misdirecting and conning people?" Because that IS what scientology is.
BTW - I sent the Nike rip-off to Nike...

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
Just posted at the Bunker - for when Scientology do the inevitable - we so sorry, didn't mean to upset anyone:

From 2009:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...l-out-of-scientology-says-family-1830518.html

Fight them on the beaches if you will. But the descendants of Sir Winston Churchill have decided that a more effective way to prevent the Church of Scientology from hijacking the memory of Britain's wartime leader involves stern cease-and-desist letters and the threat of a costly PR battle.
The literary agency Curtis Brown, which represents several members of the Churchill family, has written to the church's London branch protesting at a range of advertising leaflets and posters that liken the Allied struggle against Nazi Germany to Scientology's efforts to recruit new members.

Not sure what the outcome was, but talk about a track record.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
As noted, Mike Rinder has an update.

ANZAC Flaps

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/anzac-flaps/

Oh, and more promo:

anzac.jpg

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Just posted at the Bunker - for when Scientology do the inevitable - we so sorry, didn't mean to upset anyone:

From 2009:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...l-out-of-scientology-says-family-1830518.html

Fight them on the beaches if you will. But the descendants of Sir Winston Churchill have decided that a more effective way to prevent the Church of Scientology from hijacking the memory of Britain's wartime leader involves stern cease-and-desist letters and the threat of a costly PR battle.
The literary agency Curtis Brown, which represents several members of the Churchill family, has written to the church's London branch protesting at a range of advertising leaflets and posters that liken the Allied struggle against Nazi Germany to Scientology's efforts to recruit new members.

Not sure what the outcome was, but talk about a track record.

Yes, and don't forget this...

...The mission was called Battle Of Britain (OR LRHED 13UK), They said there were no written Mission Orders, they had been personally briefed by Ron who was operating the mission himself by daily telex. They had carte blanche to do anything they wanted.

Whole thread

tetloj

The words in the first paragraph of the promo were penned by C.E.W. Bean who was a journalist at Gallipoli and who went on to write the definitive history of Australia's involvement in WWI. Bean was also instrumental in setting up the Australian War Memorial.

More sacrilege.

Last edited:

Dean Blair

Man, I would hate to be the dude who designed and distributed that ANZAC poster. Wait, what? David Miscavige?

Mookster

Patron
That ND group I mentioned chatting with last night? Well, I'll just say that the org in question did not make any new friends. Depending on who they call next time they need assitance, help might be...delayed. If you can imagine the reaction of a bunch of beer drinking, camo lovin' tea partying 'Murica! type guys catching someone in the act of burning an American flag while pissing on a framed copy of the 2nd amendment, take that and double it. I had assumed Anzac Day was probably treated much like Veterans Day here where many use it as an excuse to BBQ and that's about it. Clearly I was mistaken. Holy curse words Batman!:nervous:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
(snipped......)
Scientology needs a good reality check,and this could do it Granitt.

Who or what is Granitt? I seem to have run across this term a few times before and at first I thought it may be a way of saying "granted". It's really nagging me now since I don't really know what it means and my Google search didn't yield a satisfactory result.

Unless wigee's name in real life is Granitt?

Anyone?

Last edited:

wigee1

Patron with Honors
Who or what is Granitt? I seem to have run across this term a few times before and at first I thought it may be a way of saying "granted". It's really nagging me now since I don't really know what it means and my Google search didn't yield a satisfactory result.

Unless wigee's name in real life is Granitt?

Anyone?

NIckname !.......Real Name ... Grant Frires , Ace hero of the Maungaturoto Hotel, Dealer in Steel Girders and Cow manure,Expert in 69rs, Wars Started ,
A old Fart,,, Ex Sydney Staff Member Motto in Life ," Do others before they do You."
Nothing like a mystery sandwich,.

RogerB

Crusader
Reading this thread, I can't help seeing more and more how bloody DELUDED and switched off to the real world they live in that the Scientology tribe are!

For them to think that the sacred national ideals of things like ANZAC, the memory of the BATTLE OF BRITAIN, CHURCHILL, etc., could be usurped and publicly used by them in the way they have done simply demonstrates how loony they are.

R

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: VIDEO: Scientology under fire for using ANZAC legend

This story made my day! :hysterical:

Thank-you Bryan! :buzzin:

We will certainly back OSA in KSW (Keeping Seymour Working) :woohoo:

Hey OSA! Who's going to the RPF for this one?

:footbullet::footbullet::footbullet::footbullet::footbullet:

I do believe that Michael Gordon is responsible for I/A when it comes to trademarks etc. etc. - OSA Legal has the ultimate say-so on promo, if memory serves me correctly.

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
Re: Scientology also broke New Zealand Law when it used the term ANZAC without permis

As set forth below, in the case of corporate body, such as the Church of Scientology, the fine is $50,000 plus $5,000 for each day of continuation.

:

I hope the NZ government sues the crap out of this utterly disgusting cult and puts paid to any notion of any org let alone an ideal org in NZ. I hope the RSL sues the cult in Oz for millions for misusing the ANZAC acronym and sends the whole fucking $cn shebang down the toilet. This is lower than low.

You culty drones should be ASHAMED.:angry::angry::angry:

Leland

Crusader
This is my favourite Scientology story that Bryan Seymour covered:

[video=youtube;7yAtnYwB5XQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yAtnYwB5XQ[/video]

I thought Bryan Seymour's show was great.

That part about some Aussie Billionaire really pissed me off. So typical that a guy like that would get the red carpet treatment...by the C of Scams.....They are such suck asses.....to whale meat.

I really have a problem with these rich fucks......that join the C of $.........

I really have a problem with how the C of $ uses them to suck other people in.

I really have a problem with how the C of $ uses Celebrities...to shill for them....to get new people. What other "religion" does that? What does it even matter "who you are" as far as a religion goes? It is SICK!