What's new

Small win with the wifey!

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
As I've already posted in another thread, I finally got BFG's book.

I was in the middle of posting the other thread when my wife came home. I had to click out of ESMB so she didn't see me on here. I hate it but I love this place. The healing continues.

Well I forgot that I left his book right in front of the computer. :duh:
Wifey picked it up and asked what it was :)whistling:). I said it was a new book from my friend Marc Headley. And then I pointed to the "...Iron curtain of Scientology" part. She put it down and asked if he was declared. Nope, not yet. Then she asked to make sure I didn't screw things up for her and her mom. Which I am really trying to do. Although that's very tough to do.

I'll chalk this down as win!

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
YES, IKTM

The constitution has DECLARED Marc Headley's rights. To Wit:
Article XIV
Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Without a doubt, the COS is a violator of the supreme law of the land. I expect it will soon be declared in court.

I wonder how many things your wife finds frustrating about the COS. Those are usually the cracks and the more water that pours OUT of them the wider they become.

All the best for both of you

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
The 14th ammendment

YES, IKTM

Article XIV
Section 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Without a doubt, the COS is a violator of the supreme law of the land. I expect it will soon be declared in court.

I wonder how many things your wife finds frustrating about the COS. Those are usually the cracks and the more water that pours OUT of them the wider they become.

The 14th ammendment, one of the three so-called "war time" ammendments (all of which were passed AFTER the end of the Civil War, aka the War of Northern Agression) in essence bifurcated the Constitution. Citizens of any of the several united States of America (notice the small "u" in "united") were still considered in posession of their inalienable rights and were Citizens first of their respective state and THEN of the United States (notice the capital "U" in "United", the phrase "United States" doesn't mean the same thing as "these united States of America" but rather refers to the federal zone as per Article I, Section 8, Clause 17, which covers the exclusive legislative jurisdiction of Congress.) Those "persons" who became US citizens via the 14th ammendment are citizens (notice the small "c" in "citizen") first of the United States and THEN of the state in which they "reside". Citizens of any of the several united States of America are DOMICILED in their respective state, they are not "residents", but rather "domicilees". These "persons" are not considered to be endowed by their Creator with inalienable rights but rather they are granted "civil rights" by the United States.

What is the difference between inalienable rights and civil rights? Inalienable rights, or rights that are not lienable, are considered to be endowed to a human being by the Creator of the Universe and are absolute whereas "civil rights" are not really rights at all but merely a grant of privilege by the state, in this case the United States. This is because, in effect, the "person" as per the 14th ammendment is a creation of the United States, a legal fiction entity, and not a flesh and blood human being. LOOK UP THE DEFINITION OF "PERSON" IN A LAW DICTIONARY. For further clarification, you may also want to see the "Bursting Bubbles" video available at http://www.thinkfree.ca click on "FREE MOVIES".

The moral of the story here ... If someone were to raise an issue in court against the Cof$ that touches upon the 14th ammendment, they should know exactly what their status is and exactly what they are doing as well as the exact nature of the arena in which they are contending. Cof$, by virtue of being a corporate entity, is a statutory "person" and has no choice, but, a flesh and blood human being need not use their "person" nor engage in that arena. Use your status to your own advantage.

Pete

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here is to getting them out! I hope you do ruin it for them.

Well my wifes mom isn't in the same city and she is the type to disconnect on a whim. So i have to be carefull to some degree. If it comes down to the nitty gritty, i wont be backing down.

YES, IKTM

Article XIV
Section 1.

Yeah, we've had several aguments about this very issue. Free speech anyways.
She knows there are many problems. We both left the Sea Org because of those problems.
Thanks, it only gets better from here.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good deal, IKTM! She'll come around someday. I know it must be hard for you but hang in there.

Thanks very much. The biggest thing holding us together is our daughter and the fact we do love each other.
I'm sure you understand how hard it is to hold back from talking. :angry:

Miss Penguin

Patron with Honors
Thanks very much. The biggest thing holding us together is our daughter and the fact we do love each other.

I was lurking and pulling away from the C of S for two years before I spoke to my husband openly about it. The turning point for him was the SP Times initial 3 part Truth Rundown series. He had no idea I had been on the internet on "those sites". I shared the articles with him and was glad I did.

He knew there were some out points that bugged him but that series validated for him that he was right about the outnesses he saw and felt.

It is soooo much easier in a marriage to be on the same page on this, so I feel for you, but stick with it and she will have her own realizations about it.

Wisened One

Crusader
Definite WIN, Iktm! :thumbsup:

Now...whatdoya wanna bet that she'll be sneakin' reads of the book when you are not home or somethin'....:giggle: :coolwink:

Just keep 'leavin' it places for her! :yes:

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron

I was in the middle of posting the other thread when my wife came home. I had to click out of ESMB so she didn't see me on here. I hate it but I love this place. The healing continues.

Wifey picked it up and asked what it was :)whistling:). I said it was a new book from my friend Marc Headley. And then I pointed to the "...Iron curtain of Scientology" part. She put it down and asked if he was declared. Nope, not yet. Then she asked to make sure I didn't screw things up for her and her mom. Which I am really trying to do. Although that's very tough to do.

You can now leave that book around the house at will, of course. :D

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks so much for the support.

Very good points. :lol: You're absolutely right. I'm going to leave it around so she has every chance to "check it out".

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill

Wow! V Cool!

Ho Tai

Patron Meritorious
Just went to a great party. Many people having fun, enjoying life. So glad I am out. Move on, folks.

Perhaps, instead of holding back saying things, you get her talking about her dreams, ambitions, and the stops and arbitrary rules the Co$ puts in her way.

"MAY THE BABY JESUS SHUT YOUR MOUTH, AND OPEN YOUR MIND."

FinallyMe

Silver Meritorious Patron
YES, IKTM

Article XIV
Section 1.

The C of S cannot be charged with violating this Amendment -- it is the "State" which cannot abridge freedoms, and the C of S is not a State - meaning the government of any State, as opposed to the government of the U.S.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Definite WIN, Iktm! :thumbsup:

Now...whatdoya wanna bet that she'll be sneakin' reads of the book when you are not home or somethin'....:giggle: :coolwink:

Just keep 'leavin' it places for her! :yes:

Totally agree with this advice!!!

The hard part's over -- she knows it's in the house now.

TG1