What's new

My Mom, in since the 70's is reading BFG

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
I love sharing good news here – and this is good news. I lent my Mom my autographed BFG book long term (hey man I need that book back! LOL). She is VERY interested, she has been hanging out on the Rathbun site (yeah, well you gotta start SOMEWHERE and I trust her to keep looking and asking so ‘oh well’).

She has been in since the 70’s, has been declared once, done her A-E, been on staff, went through the Mayo period, etc., etc. She even paid for and L or two only to find out she was not going to receive the services promised to her until after extensive (and EXPENSIVE) services that were shoved down her throat at Flag – yeah I know – surprise surprise….

Seems my Sister, who is very out now, has been having very productive conversations with our Mom (I am *so* proud of her). Funny I didn’t think about the fact that people would get on their own journey and feel the same way I do about making sure the scientologists still in are made aware of the truth.

BFG – thank you AGAIN. Because of the way you wrote your book; smart, funny, honest, no exaggerations and quite frankly any scientologist that is not afraid to confront and admit the truth just cannot fail to hear the ring of truth in what you wrote. Thank you, this will be the second of my immediate family members I gave your book to. I only could do it because you spoke the truth, you did not attack the “tech” but rather some of the very correct targets. Frankly you wrote it in a way that helps people to start to the shake off the brain washing so they can start asking the bigger and very important questions about scientology.

Thank you Marc. I haven’t seen you since the time you were in Delphi but I can’t wait to see you again in person. You have an amazing wife - I can't wait to meet her in person.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks guys! It's another step. She's a bit of a rebel herself (thus the SP declare), so I am confident she will keep researching.

I left out the best part! She said to me: "Yeah, I am going to have to have a conversation with your Father about the church and let him know about what is going on." (she previously made me swear to keep my "disaffection" off his plate. I agreed that it would be a good idea and so abided by her wishes. He is more apt to listen to her anyways.) This is another big step for my Mom.

I honestly wish others were as fortunate when it comes to family as I am. For those hurt by scientology disconnection: I really do realize how fortunate I am.

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
Cool Words

I love sharing good news here – and this is good news. I lent my Mom my autographed BFG book long term (hey man I need that book back! LOL). She is VERY interested, she has been hanging out on the Rathbun site (yeah, well you gotta start SOMEWHERE and I trust her to keep looking and asking so ‘oh well’).

She has been in since the 70’s, has been declared once, done her A-E, been on staff, went through the Mayo period, etc., etc. She even paid for and L or two only to find out she was not going to receive the services promised to her until after extensive (and EXPENSIVE) services that were shoved down her throat at Flag – yeah I know – surprise surprise….

Seems my Sister, who is very out now, has been having very productive conversations with our Mom (I am *so* proud of her). Funny I didn’t think about the fact that people would get on their own journey and feel the same way I do about making sure the scientologists still in are made aware of the truth.

BFG – thank you AGAIN. Because of the way you wrote your book; smart, funny, honest, no exaggerations and quite frankly any scientologist that is not afraid to confront and admit the truth just cannot fail to hear the ring of truth in what you wrote. Thank you, this will be the second of my immediate family members I gave your book to. I only could do it because you spoke the truth, you did not attack the “tech” but rather some of the very correct targets. Frankly you wrote it in a way that helps people to start to the shake off the brain washing so they can start asking the bigger and very important questions about scientology.

Thank you Marc. I haven’t seen you since the time you were in Delphi but I can’t wait to see you again in person. You have an amazing wife - I can't wait to meet her in person.

I can feel your winning excitement here, and it is very cool. :thumbsup:

I have met Marc and Claire Headley twice in person and I can tell you they

are both good and genuine people. Also you get an immediate and clear

impression that they are NOT PTS to the fucking "Church". Real cool. :clap:

TalleyWhacker

Patron with Honors
Very nice!
I'm happy for you and your family and one of the nice side effects this news does is to encourage us all that this can happen with others.
Thanks for sharing this with us.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh THIS is such AWESOME, wonderful NEWS, FF! :bighug: Oooo can't wait till she's posting here soon tooo! :drama:

My Sister will be here before my Mom. But I will not be surprised to see my Mom here eventually.

Just wait until my Sis gets here. She can't wait to share some (recent and also past) juicy stories with you all. She is busy lining up some ducks first. lol - meanwhile she is preparing links for specific posts she wants to share her based on her research.

You all are gonna love her, trust me.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Now this is wonderful news...... brings hope for so many others :) :thumbsup: :happydance:

That is absolutely why I posted this and all my good news. I also want others who are secretly out to see how you can successfully start your friends and family looking before anyone from scientology gets to them with lies and you loose them.

All you have to do is to get them to start to ask questions. Once a scientologist starts doing this, they will be hard pressed to stop and there is only one place that road leads to. I know, I travelled that road and so did my Sister.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey Sis this one is for you:

I hereby give my Sister (wonderful beautiful most awesomest Sister EVER!!! Yeah I'm a butt kisser, SO WHAT!!! LOL :coolwink:): credit for getting my Mom on the right path!!!! You ROCK Sis!!! I love you forever!!!!

I can't tell you how much I am enjoying you and our new relationship. You make my life so much happier!!!!