What's new

The Classic LRH Quotes Thread

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was reading something in the latest issue of Freewinds and it made me realize that my SP natter towards LRH would not be complete without a thread of this nature.

The article by LRH is called Admiration The Universal Solvent excerpted from The Factors: Admiration and the Renaissance of Beingness lectures, lecture of 23 March 1953 "What's Wrong with the PC and How You can do Something About it"

He is talking about the universe and energies and terminals and flows.

A nice piece provided one isn't trying to nitpick things like I am doing here.

He gets to a part where he states admiration is actually a flow" Now here's the quote that I am pulling from the rest of the paragraph.

"It's actually a flow because you can make it. That's why it's actual. But you can make it and observe it and that's actual, see; not necessarily real, but actual."

Hmm, must be that semi-colon after "see" that some transcriber messed up on.

I mean really Ron, something is "not necessarily real" but it is "actual"?

Maybe that's the probelm with our viewpoint on OTs. The OTs are not necessarily real OTs, but they are actual OTs.

I'd like to see the scale he is pulling that from if he has "not necessarily real" equating to actual".

Somebody get me a shot of Jack Daniels please.

Rd00

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
NOT Smoking Enough Causes Lung Cancer

Here's the full quote. It is taken from a lecture he gave July 19th, 1961: "Auditor Effect on Meter"
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Scientology-1751/Hubbard-Smoking.htm

"Well, there are societies in England that are having an awfully good time fighting the cigarette. They can't do anything else, so they fight cigarettes. And they say that the cigarette causes lung cancer. And they've -- you've been hearing something of this, I'm sure. Yeah. Not smoking enough will cause lung cancer. Not smoking enough will cause lung cancer! If anybody is getting a cancerous activity in the lung, the probabilities are that it's radiation dosage coupled with the fact that he smokes. And what it does is start to run out the radiation dosage, don't you see. But I'd say that would be better than not running out any of the radiation dosage at all and the number of lung cancer cases which exist, of course, that don't smoke are just forgotten about by these societies, but they are very numerous.

Anyway, there's nicotinic acid in that cigarette. Inevitably, on inhalation of tobacco, you will get some of this phenomena of face flush, but in view of the fact that a cigarette isn't pushing its smoke over the outside of the body but on the inside, of course, you run it out internally."

You can listen to this quote and hear it in Hubbard's own voice here: http://www.xenu.net/archive/multimedia.html

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I like this data base

Very interesting - makes one ashamed though :duh:

about this LRH quote:

LRH mocks the prophet Mohammed by calling him a "small town booster". PDC #24. 9 December 1952:
"It's an enormous stone hanging suspended in the middle of a room, this is an incident called the Emanator by the way, and this thing is by the way the source of the Mohammedan Lodestone that they have hanging down there, that, eh, when Mohammed decided to be a good small-town booster in eh Kansas, Middle-East, or something of the sort. By the way, the only reason he mocked that thing up, is the trade wasn't good in his hometown. That's right. You read the life of Mohammed.
And he's got a black one and it sort of hung between the ceiling and the floor, I don't know, maybe they call it the Casbah or something or... Anyway, anyway, that thing is a mockup of the Emanator! The Emanator is bright, not black.
And so, your volunteer, who insists on a sightseeing trip, goes in and this thing is standing in the middle of the room, and it's going 'wong wong wong wong wong' and he says: "Isn't that pretty?". It sure is, and then he says "Mmmgrmrm ponk" Why, I'll tell you, they cart him from there, and they take him in and they do a transposition of beingness."

Honestly, I don't get what it means :unsure:

But could it be blasphemy of the prophet name ?????