What's new

The Major Flaw in Knowledgism

This is a discussion board, so I will discuss and give my take on what is being said.

Anyone who thinks my observations of the use of Hubbard dirty black techniques are inaccurate is perfectly free to discuss it with me.

I am always willing to listen and discuss. Put-downs are just put-downs and are not really an example of discussion. I welcome discussion of my ideas.

Will Alanzo be a friend to Alex and talk to Alex about whether this thread was designed to denigrate Knowledgism and elevate Scoientology? Will he ask him to look to see if he was running a deliberate black-ARC op on this thread? Will he help Alex to break out of the Hubbard implant?
 
This is a discussion board, so I will discuss and give my take on what is being said.

Anyone who thinks my observations of the use of Hubbard dirty black techniques are inaccurate is perfectly free to discuss it with me.

I am always willing to listen and discuss. Put-downs are just put-downs and are not really an example of discussion. I welcome discussion of my ideas.

Will Alanzo be a friend to Alex and talk to Alex about whether this thread was designed to denigrate Knowledgism and elevate Scoientology? Will he ask him to look to see if he was running a deliberate black-ARC op on this thread? Will he help Alex to break out of the Hubbard implant?


What I notice is that some critics behave the same way as what they are criticizing, in many respects, and unconsciously follow the same "policies" that they are criticizing, such as, "attack in defense."

I get sick of hearing from some critics the same criticisms like a broken record... and an absence of anything constructive and relaxed coming out of their mouths.

.
 
Last edited:
It's so unfair how a scientologist is treated on an ex-scientologist message board when he or she uses Hubbard's secret scientology PR tech on the ex-scientologists! :duh:

Alex is OK 'though because he has Ron's implanted certainty to protect him from all the evil SP's on ESMB.

Alex came on this thread with some, I thought, valid criticism of Knowledgism. At least a cirtique that warranted discussion. When confronted with accusations that he was running an OSA-style op on knowledgism, he responded by accusing his accusers of "always attacking, never defending". This is a perfect Scn PR action. Accuse the acusers of what they are accusing you of. It is also exactly what DM and TD are doing to Rathbum and Rinder.

It seems scientology black tech is alive and well on ESMB. It is designed to take the victim "down-tone" into anger and apathy.

Alex took a valid critique of a squirrel group's tech, showed how similar to Scn it is and how they use similar dissemination techniques and then having identified them in the readers' minds as an altered form of Scn, accused the squirrel group of using black Scn PR techniques for handling critics! QED - that "proves" they are scientology squirrels still using scientology!

Then Alex and his friends go all hurt and offended when the squirrels who were the victims of their op, get angry or hurt or critical! It is a perfect Hubbard reverse black ARC tech application.

It's a perfect misrepresentation trap, grounded in a part-truth, which Hubbard taught his disciples.

My guess is that "Alex" knew that the knowledgists would never seriously debate his criticism, especially due to the already existing antagonism between him and them.

It was a deliberate scn black PR op. This thread was always addressed to knowledgism's potential audience, it was never really addressed to the knowledgists, they were just used to influence the thinking of ESMBers - to get ESMBers to identify knowledgism as an inferior squirrel version of the purer Scn thech.

This black PR tech is periodically used on ESMB. Hubbard's tech is alive and well.

All you do is take something that has a grain of truth in it or a part-truth, misrepresent it, ridicule it, misrepresent it again, ridicule, misrepresent, etc and when the person is goaded into defending themselves you can turn around and say that that "proves" what you originally said was true.

Alex is not the only person who does this. Misrepresentation and goading have been used on ESMB to silence critics. Hubbard's tech is alive and well and even may be used by those who don't realise they are using it.

Rathbun, in his reply to Alanzo, warned against scn trolls being used to drive critics into apathy. The above black scientology tech has been used by trolls (scn ones or exes) to silence critics.

It is in the CofS's interests to allow ESMB to keep going so that it can be used for these black PR ops as well as, of course, for intelligence gathering purposes.

Sorry, Alanzo, your appeal for sympathy for Alex doesn't work on me. He is a self-confessed scientologist and therefore liable to any criticism of Scientology and Hubbard's dirty little tech tricks, especially when he is observed using them.

If you are a true friend, you could perhaps suggest to him that he knocks off using Hubbard's dirty tech or alternatively you could choose to support him and his dirty games. Which sort of friend are you Alanzo? :confused2:

Actually I am treated very fairly overall on this board, and considering its composition, in the majority people with unpleasant experiences with the church. I do realize that my presence is an irritant to some and unwelcome. I try to refrain from engaging folks for whom my comments would be more than they can deal with.

As to SP's, It is my belief that a scientologist should be able to maintain their presence in the face of antagonistic people. I have no protection other than my own abilities to perceive and hold my viewpoint. I have on more than one occasion left this board when I was not able to. Although it is my current opinion that "SPs" are really the problem of the person using that label on others....a lack of perception and confront if you will....

It is nice to read your comments and see that you actually understand the points I was making, and can see the value of them for discussion. But I think you then misinterpret my motives.

You are correct that to some extent the thread was addressed to knowledgisms potential audience. And to former scientologists as well. The knowledgists are in a sort of damned if you do, damned if you dont position here, as I have pointed out valid criticism of their operations, especially in comparison to how scientology operates, which is a known factor here.

I dont recall any of the knowledgists addressing the deceptive recruitment factor I brought up. The entity/teammate issue is certainly something that is perhaps more opinion though....but the knowledgists will look evasive if they address either issue, or if they dont address it.

My purpose in creating this thread was not to support scientology. I saw a similarity in the practice of knowledgism and in scientology, yet a dissililarity in how the same sort of things were accepted for knowledgists yet villified for scientology. That is the crux of my "point".

Also I was motivated by my personal experiences and seeing the praise some folks had for a specific person with whom I had bad experiences. I wanted to show the bigger picture, the similarity between them and the complex character who created scientology. This person has wisely not commented on this thread, although he reads it.

You have nicely illuminated some of my ideas, and equally thrown a shadow over my motivations. I am not a simple operative in favor of the church, nor even a complex and sophisticated one. That organization will barely have me in its membership, and would be rid of me if they knew all I have done.

Yet it is true that I support them in a fashion, in my attempts to have the whole truth presented, the abuse which others so eloquently speak of, and the hard work, sacrifice and true caring of the members, who are to some degree in the dark about the abuse. And of course in the philosophy as an independent element from the CULTure of the church.

As to silencing critics...and others....yes I think that I do to some extent. I tend to be an intellectual bully. It is not my conscious purpose, but I do see it at play. I was raised by lawyers....it is something I need to be aware of. I need to learn to have more compassion and to temper my responses to the abilities and sensibilities of others. Much like the church needs too.

Be able to experience anything, cause only what others can easily experience.

Thank you for your comments headless one!
 
Roger's Answer

Without taking sides here, if you Google as I just did >>>virginia boswarva knowledgism<<< it takes you straight to a page giving Virginia's surname, and if you then Google her name and nothing more the first hit is her Linked-In profile. No deep sleuthing required to find the connections.

Paul

Roger’s answer.

Paul is quite right, and brilliantly so.

And what it exposes is the dissembling, deceitful and deliberate mis-directing use by Alex of falsehood or distorted half-truth to, as another on the board puts it, “In your effort to pour shit on Knowledgism.”

Let’s look at the facts.

Any fool can Google me, even a “Dulloldfart” can do it! And what do you find? My company, Ability Consultants, Inc. And what else do you then find? Its mast head on the website showing the company name states:

Ability Consults, Inc.
Practitioners of Knowledgism​

Why, on one of the pages dealing with my research and development of the business, it even states that in 1994 when I learned of the breakthroughs Alan Walter had made in the subject of human development and performance, I abandoned my own research and embraced his work.

What else do you find on the site? Why, Virginia Koenig (my sweetie who was never in Scn, and whose full name had not been mentioned on this board till shown on the back cover of our book) is stated as being the president of the company . . . a company overtly stating it is a practitioner of Knowledgism! She’s there in all her glory under the section “who are we?” as the company's president stating she's a practitioner of Knowledgism.

So how was all the available information used.

When challenged on his falsehood regarding Edison Schools, there were two responses by Alex:

On post #103 of this thread:
alex said:
Regarding Edison Learning the connection was that some knowledgists were involoved.

Perhaps like some scientologists are involved in Applied Scholastics?

On post #107:
alex said:
Sorry I will not single out individuals who are not promoting themselves. I'll remove it.

Huh? This spoken of about an individual who is up on the internet for all the world to see as promoting herself as a knowledgist . . . and Alex says/claims: “Sorry I will not single out individuals who are not promoting themselves.”

What utter dissembling bullshit and falsehood. Note also the lie in the use of the plural: individuals and themselves.

Sorry, Alex, you’ve been caught out in too many lies, falsehoods and misrepresentations.

I do not buy what you are saying. And I do not choose to be in communication with you or respond to you three needling PMs. I honestly have other more important and needed business to attend to . . . apart from it being a more enjoyable use of my time.

I only respond on these types of threads or to erroneous posts because I care that good folks on this board are not misled by falsehood or error.

I don’t care that you are carrying on an obvious vendetta against Alan or that you are doing the stuff of an OSA op . . . I’d just as happily ignore it all. But I do care about the good folks on this board. There are good people here, and I choose to help them have the necessary truth so they can make correct decisions for themselves.

RogerB

 
Roger’s answer.

Paul is quite right, and brilliantly so.

And what it exposes is the dissembling, deceitful and deliberate mis-directing use by Alex of falsehood or distorted half-truth to, as another on the board puts it, “In your effort to pour shit on Knowledgism.”

Let’s look at the facts.

Any fool can Google me, even a “Dulloldfart” can do it! And what do you find? My company, Ability Consultants, Inc. And what else do you then find? Its mast head on the website showing the company name states:

Ability Consults, Inc.
Practitioners of Knowledgism​

Why, on one of the pages dealing with my research and development of the business, it even states that in 1994 when I learned of the breakthroughs Alan Walter had made in the subject of human development and performance, I abandoned my own research and embraced his work.

What else do you find on the site? Why, Virginia Koenig (my sweetie who was never in Scn, and whose full name had not been mentioned on this board till shown on the back cover of our book) is stated as being the president of the company . . . a company overtly stating it is a practitioner of Knowledgism! She’s there in all her glory under the section “who are we?” as the company's president stating she's a practitioner of Knowledgism.

So how was all the available information used.

When challenged on his falsehood regarding Edison Schools, there were two responses by Alex:

On post #103 of this thread:


On post #107:


Huh? This spoken of about an individual who is up on the internet for all the world to see as promoting herself as a knowledgist . . . and Alex says/claims: “Sorry I will not single out individuals who are not promoting themselves.”

What utter dissembling bullshit and falsehood. Note also the lie in the use of the plural: individuals and themselves.

Sorry, Alex, you’ve been caught out in too many lies, falsehoods and misrepresentations.

I do not buy what you are saying. And I do not choose to be in communication with you or respond to you three needling PMs. I honestly have other more important and needed business to attend to . . . apart from it being a more enjoyable use of my time.

I only respond on these types of threads or to erroneous posts because I care that good folks on this board are not misled by falsehood or error.

I don’t care that you are carrying on an obvious vendetta against Alan or that you are doing the stuff of an OSA op . . . I’d just as happily ignore it all. But I do care about the good folks on this board. There are good people here, and I choose to help them have the necessary truth so they can make correct decisions for themselves.

RogerB


Thank you for acknowledging my pm's.

I will no longer attempt to communicate with you, as is your wish.

Feel free to communicate with me if you ever find the need or desire.
 
http://www.advancedcoachingandleadership.com/faq.htm

"These included clients from such major concerns as: ....

Dallas Independent School District "

http://www.tfn.org/site/PageServer?pagename=edison

"Dallas Independent School District: School district officials found in 2001 that their Edison-run schools would cost $5-20 million more than projected. The district terminated its contract with Edison in 2003.[4]"

http://www.window.state.tx.us/tspr/dallas/findings.htm

I wonder what role knowledgism played in this? Perhaps they helped the school district disentangle themselves from Edison?

I feel that spiritual practices fall under the aegis of religion. They should not be embraced by governmental institutions, such as public schools. What was knowledgisms relationship with this public school district?
 
Last edited:
Actually I am treated very fairly overall on this board, and considering its composition, in the majority people with unpleasant experiences with the church. I do realize that my presence is an irritant to some and unwelcome. I try to refrain from engaging folks for whom my comments would be more than they can deal with.

As to SP's, It is my belief that a scientologist should be able to maintain their presence in the face of antagonistic people. I have no protection other than my own abilities to perceive and hold my viewpoint. I have on more than one occasion left this board when I was not able to. Although it is my current opinion that "SPs" are really the problem of the person using that label on others....a lack of perception and confront if you will....

It is nice to read your comments and see that you actually understand the points I was making, and can see the value of them for discussion. But I think you then misinterpret my motives.

You are correct that to some extent the thread was addressed to knowledgisms potential audience. And to former scientologists as well. The knowledgists are in a sort of damned if you do, damned if you dont position here, as I have pointed out valid criticism of their operations, especially in comparison to how scientology operates, which is a known factor here.

I dont recall any of the knowledgists addressing the deceptive recruitment factor I brought up. The entity/teammate issue is certainly something that is perhaps more opinion though....but the knowledgists will look evasive if they address either issue, or if they dont address it.

My purpose in creating this thread was not to support scientology. I saw a similarity in the practice of knowledgism and in scientology, yet a dissililarity in how the same sort of things were accepted for knowledgists yet villified for scientology. That is the crux of my "point".

Also I was motivated by my personal experiences and seeing the praise some folks had for a specific person with whom I had bad experiences. I wanted to show the bigger picture, the similarity between them and the complex character who created scientology. This person has wisely not commented on this thread, although he reads it.

You have nicely illuminated some of my ideas, and equally thrown a shadow over my motivations. I am not a simple operative in favor of the church, nor even a complex and sophisticated one. That organization will barely have me in its membership, and would be rid of me if they knew all I have done.

Yet it is true that I support them in a fashion, in my attempts to have the whole truth presented, the abuse which others so eloquently speak of, and the hard work, sacrifice and true caring of the members, who are to some degree in the dark about the abuse. And of course in the philosophy as an independent element from the CULTure of the church.

As to silencing critics...and others....yes I think that I do to some extent. I tend to be an intellectual bully. It is not my conscious purpose, but I do see it at play. I was raised by lawyers....it is something I need to be aware of. I need to learn to have more compassion and to temper my responses to the abilities and sensibilities of others. Much like the church needs too.

Be able to experience anything, cause only what others can easily experience.

Thank you for your comments headless one!

Ok. Thank you for answering and debating.

I have to say that considering you are a scientologist I quite like you or how you present yourself on here quite often.

If you understand the opinion some of us have developed as a result of our participation in the cult, you will also understand that I don't entirely trust your answers, because scientologists have been proven to me as being dishonest in my forty year experience of them and of being one myself for a decade.

In many ways this scepticism is a shame, but maybe you can see this is an inheritance that is thrust upon you by Hubbard's dishonesty and his training of scientologists to be dishonest too.

For example it never quite adds up to me when you say things like "That organization will barely have me in its membership, and would be rid of me if they knew all I have done."

I can never accept that you have seen through the abusiveness as much as you say you have yet still maintain that you give it your support. Such contradictions always have me asking "why?".

Anyway, so on this thread, you agree that you set it up so that the knowledgists would look less whichever way they reacted to it. Is that not a Hubbard PR trick? Do you not see that?

You see, I think scientologists become so ingrained (implanted) with certain behaviours that they no longer see that they are doing so. My theory is that Hubbard set us up that way deliberately. So here, I am inviting you to step aside and observe what you are doing and whether any of it is Hubbardesque.

You say your motives were to criticise Alan and knowledgism - nothing wrong with that for someone outside of scn. But do you think you being a scientologist alters the motive for the criticism? Given that scientology would say knowledgism is squirrel scn, do you recognise that a scientologist criticising knowledgism is different from a non-scientlogist doing so? Certainly we exes would be justified in suspecting such a scientologist's motives, given Hubbard's policies and secret orders on how to handle squirrels.

Do you ever wonder if you might be following these orders, even if unconsciously?

It is great that you recognise that you bully and silence critics! Well done on seeing that! And on seeing the similarity with the failings of your "church". :thumbsup: So good luck in your path of separation. If what you are saying about yourself is true (bearing in mind the scepticism that scientologists engender because of their implanted habit of dissimulation - hiding under a false appearance) do you think it is possible that your unconscious habit to bully and silence may be influenced by Hubbard's training as well as your upbringing by lawyers?

P.S. I loved your analysis of the label SP "that "SPs" are really the problem of the person using that label on others....a lack of perception and confront if you will..." Presumably you extend this criticism to LRH who created the label. I always remember that he wrote Science of Survival, which is more or less his earliest attempt to label such people, was written after his problems with his wife and the book is a thinly veiled reference to his opinion of her and his other "enemies". Clearly Sara and the other people who fell out with him at that time were a problem he had trouble confronting. (Poor Ron! I genuinely feel very sorry for the hapless fool).

Thanks for reading this, I'd happily welcome any response from you and then maybe we can move on to criticise both scientology's and knowledgism's "major flaws" as regards entities. I think that would be a very interesting topic, once we have established open mutual trust as to the motives involved.
 
Ok. Thank you for answering and debating.

I have to say that considering you are a scientologist I quite like you or how you present yourself on here quite often.

If you understand the opinion some of us have developed as a result of our participation in the cult, you will also understand that I don't entirely trust your answers, because scientologists have been proven to me as being dishonest in my forty year experience of them and of being one myself for a decade.

In many ways this scepticism is a shame, but maybe you can see this is an inheritance that is thrust upon you by Hubbard's dishonesty and his training of scientologists to be dishonest too.

I think that to some extent you find scientologists to be "dishonest" because of the stark difference in what you and they believe to be true.

A person can be wrong, or of a different viewpoint that doesnt match your idea of truth, and yet still be honest.

Honesty and the truth are not the same.


For example it never quite adds up to me when you say things like "That organization will barely have me in its membership, and would be rid of me if they knew all I have done."

Alas though true. I am subversive on many levels, manipulative and on my own agenda. I have done things that would have me declared instantly if found out by the church. I am sometimes amazed that I have not been tracked down and kicked out. There are photos of me at protests, and I have posted well beyond what I can conceive of as acceptable even if it were "for the cause".

I can never accept that you have seen through the abusiveness as much as you say you have yet still maintain that you give it your support. Such contradictions always have me asking "why?".

My support if for the part of it that aligns with my purposes, spiritual liberation. I support the people who sacrifice to keep it there, and to preserve what value is in the organization that so many have worked and donated for over the years. I also put forward counter intention for other parts in the little ways I can. I am certainly no hero of the revolution, just an insignificant part of an organiztion being sand in the gears.

Anyway, so on this thread, you agree that you set it up so that the knowledgists would look less whichever way they reacted to it. Is that not a Hubbard PR trick? Do you not see that?

No. I didnt set it up that way, just observed that it was that way. The knowledgists could have addressed the issues I posed in a calm, considered manner following their own dictums, but chose to attack me as shitting on their beliefs.

I have shown that they do not live up to their own ideals.

http://www.advancedcoachingandleadership.com/knowledgism.htm

"A Knowledgist continually expands and updates his knowledge. A Knowledgist remains true to his dreams and aspirations and will help others to be true to theirs. A Knowledgist uses his knowledge to help those around him, both above and below him in rank or position. A Knowledgist would prefer to cease to exist in his position than be forced to dishonor or pervert his principles and truths. A Knowledgist is always willing to pay the price of time, effort, money, attention and power to continue expanding his knowledge and abilities. A Knowledgist always seeks to help and teach those around him or connected to him. He will not invest time with those who wish to prevent knowledge in order to maintain the status quo.

Very importantly, a Knowledgist will not blame, abuse, punish, shame, or make others guilty for being ignorant, but will help them comprehend and guide them toward a path that allows them to gain knowledge. "


"A Knowledgist is a true Power Player:

ATTRIBUTES OF A POWER PLAYER

1. Perceives accurately and acts on perceptions intelligently.
2. Pursues only an honest, worthy, big dream.
3. Has the knowledge, discipline and focus to maintain and expand his worthy dreams and help expand those of others.
4. Has the ability to take, occupy and maintain a position as well as to take charge.
5. Is a master communicator.
6. Has abundant, upscale communication channels and contacts.
7. Always delivers what he promises to the best of his ability.
8. Appreciates and acknowledges others' viewpoints, skills, dreams, visions, plans and wants.
9. Is honest. He trusts and respects himself and engenders trust and respect in others.
10. Operates in a win-win manner rather than engaging in destructive competitions."


I think that you can compare the above with how the knowledgists have responded and see the disparity. I was treated in a manner not in line with the first attribute of a power player, by Alan. And the other knowledgists have attacked rather than explained. They left us ignorant of how a knowledgist should act by example. IMO


You see, I think scientologists become so ingrained (implanted) with certain behaviours that they no longer see that they are doing so. My theory is that Hubbard set us up that way deliberately. So here, I am inviting you to step aside and observe what you are doing and whether any of it is Hubbardesque.

I constantly observe myself. My participation on the web is a mirror to me, where I see in how I am responded to, how I seem to others. I am humbled at the consideration I am shown on occasion and disappointed in myself frequently. I dont believe Hubbard "set it up that way". This conceptually is probably the biggest difference between you and I. I see other causes, contributions and reasons. Yes the church is almost a failed attempt. The writings and recordings and technology taken completely out of that context have much to consider. Perhaps incomplete, but a treasure of ideas.

You say your motives were to criticise Alan and knowledgism - nothing wrong with that for someone outside of scn. But do you think you being a scientologist alters the motive for the criticism? Given that scientology would say knowledgism is squirrel scn, do you recognise that a scientologist criticising knowledgism is different from a non-scientlogist doing so? Certainly we exes would be justified in suspecting such a scientologist's motives, given Hubbard's policies and secret orders on how to handle squirrels.

Dont care. I say what I say. I dont speak for the church or even other scientologists. And surely my motives are not as pure as they should be. My motives are not exactly to criticise Alan or knowledgism, although that is a consequence of this thread. It is more like I wanted to discuss this and also make a point about the similarities between knowledgism and scientology, and also point out the drawbacks of knowledgism in a certain context.


Do you ever wonder if you might be following these orders, even if unconsciously?

No. Scientology's influence on me is indeed very ingrained, but no I really do not think that. I have taken in what I beleive after inspection and comparison to life around me. But it is not something I am unwilling to consider if brought to my attention. A few years back I would say that there may be some truth to it....

It is great that you recognise that you bully and silence critics! Well done on seeing that! And on seeing the similarity with the failings of your "church". :thumbsup: So good luck in your path of separation. If what you are saying about yourself is true (bearing in mind the scepticism that scientologists engender because of their implanted habit of dissimulation - hiding under a false appearance) do you think it is possible that your unconscious habit to bully and silence may be influenced by Hubbard's training as well as your upbringing by lawyers?

But I dont want to leave the church, I want the church to be what it had promised.

P.S. I loved your analysis of the label SP "that "SPs" are really the problem of the person using that label on others....a lack of perception and confront if you will..." Presumably you extend this criticism to LRH who created the label. I always remember that he wrote Science of Survival, which is more or less his earliest attempt to label such people, was written after his problems with his wife and the book is a thinly veiled reference to his opinion of her and his other "enemies". Clearly Sara and the other people who fell out with him at that time were a problem he had trouble confronting. (Poor Ron! I genuinely feel very sorry for the hapless fool).

It is one thing to study and believe and it is entirely a different scale of thing to live the knowledge and beliefs....scientology, knowledgism, christianity......very few raise up to that level of being examples of the ideal of their beliefs.

Science of survival was a brilliant work of genius. Labeling people is dangerous in the absence of compassion, but the purpose of scientology as a philosophy and technology was not to subjugate, but to liberate, a purpose of compassion. That purpose seems to have been lost in the preversion and dramatizations of cherry picked bits of policy and tech by the church. Not mainly in the rank and file but in the entrenched beauracracy and the leadership.


Thanks for reading this, I'd happily welcome any response from you and then maybe we can move on to criticise both scientology's and knowledgism's "major flaws" as regards entities. I think that would be a very interesting topic, once we have established open mutual trust as to the motives involved.

My motives are not simple, pure or easy to understand. I suggest you take me as I come, and do not try to parse me. That is a most difficult thing, to fully duplicate what brings another person to the point they are communicating from. I usually feel that I am not really understood in terms of motive and intent, and all too often judged with suppositions not supported by evidence.
 
Last edited:
The interesting thing here is that Alex began 'banging away' about Knowledgism on the 14th of June....just before the St Pete's times interviews came out. He has not rested since.

His 'masters' knew that a shit storm was going to break on Scientology and it's vicious leader David Miscavige and that it was going to come from very credible sources.

Not once did Alex comment on those beatings, or on those threads but he did keep up to three threads criticizing Knowledgism on the front page the whole time the spotlight was on the St Pete's times stories.

Alex began this, despite admitting previously that Alan had never audited him by claiming that Alan had 'spun him in' by openly suspecting that Alex was Bill Yuade. Alex called this 'reversed auditing'. So, only God knows what might happen if we misspelled his name.

It gets better too; when Alex's lame attempt to fair game Alan failed he continued to harp and carp at Knowledgism undeterred, just like DM does when he's been discovered in a ponsey scheme...or a bogus library book distribution campaign.

This is truly dedicated stuff.

And all the while ignoring and keeping well away from THE hottest breaking news about human rights abuses and violence from his dear leader. Why is that, do you think?

Of course I will get another "fuck you" PM from our little friend for pointing this out, but what do I care?
 
Last edited:
The interesting thing here is that Alex began 'banging away' about Knowledgism on the 14th of June....just before the St Pete's times interviews came out. He has not rested since.
(... snip for brevity's sake>
Have you been reading my mind?
I mentioned this earlier but, once again, why are we helping Alex flog this particular dead-horse when there's so much to discuss about scientology?
 
My motives are not simple, pure or easy to understand. I suggest you take me as I come, and do not try to parse me. That is a most difficult thing, to fully duplicate what brings another person to the point they are communicating from. I usually feel that I am not really understood in terms of motive and intent, and all too often judged with suppositions not supported by evidence.

You will see in Panda's and Feral's replies the exact skepticism that I referred to,.

Your answers are clever but there are still the contradictions that litter your posting history on ESMB.

"I think that to some extent you find scientologists to be "dishonest" because of the stark difference in what you and they believe to be true.

A person can be wrong, or of a different viewpoint that doesnt match your idea of truth, and yet still be honest.

Honesty and the truth are not the same."


Reminds me of a scientology shore story or PR definition of acceptable truth. The "what is true for you" Scn datum is the perfect motivation for lying, all you have to do is believe your own lies and then you are being "truthful". A perfect Hubbardism!

We are ex-scientologists, we have experienced this believing lies mechanism, so we don't believe you because we have been scientologists too!

"Alas though true. I am subversive on many levels, manipulative and on my own agenda. I have done things that would have me declared instantly if found out by the church. I am sometimes amazed that I have not been tracked down and kicked out. There are photos of me at protests, and I have posted well beyond what I can conceive of as acceptable even if it were "for the cause"."

You have previously stated that you are ineligable for CofS services due to your inability to get through a sec check. This makes your defence of the CofS the more incomprehensible, unless of course you are not being truthful with us.

I like your rogue scientologist mock-up, it is entertaining but is it true?

"My support if for the part of it that aligns with my purposes, spiritual liberation. I support the people who sacrifice to keep it there, and to preserve what value is in the organization that so many have worked and donated for over the years. I also put forward counter intention for other parts in the little ways I can. I am certainly no hero of the revolution, just an insignificant part of an organiztion being sand in the gears."

If this is true, then it looks like you are positioning yourself for a coup that you hope will occur within the CofS and that you are subversively trying to forward. Do you think this makes you popular with a section of ESMB public?

"No. I didnt set it up that way, just observed that it was that way. The knowledgists could have addressed the issues I posed in a calm, considered manner following their own dictums, but chose to attack me as shitting on their beliefs."

If this is true, after you observed your undeliberate trap, you could have apologised to the knowledgists rather than pushing the trap and digging it deeper. That would have been the noble thing to do once you realised your unconscious laying of the trap! Instead the next part of your answers solidfy the trap you have set. This is pure Hubbard activity, sorry Alex, but it is!

You know that exes suspect scientologists for reasons that I have laid out and your posting experience has confirmed this to you. So once you trigger this suspicion, you need to recognise your causation of this suspicion because of the less than noble aspects of your "religion" and take responsibility for the un-edifying aspects of the "church" that you support.

Based upon this understanding, you could apologise for stirring up suspicion and find other ways to debate things you want to debate. This is the cross you have to bear due to you unethical "church". It is your problem, not the exes problem. You have to find a solution, if you want to debate with us!

Unless you want to follow Ron's policy "always attack, never defend".

"I constantly observe myself. My participation on the web is a mirror to me, where I see in how I am responded to, how I seem to others. I am humbled at the consideration I am shown on occasion and disappointed in myself frequently. I dont believe Hubbard "set it up that way". This conceptually is probably the biggest difference between you and I. I see other causes, contributions and reasons. Yes the church is almost a failed attempt. The writings and recordings and technology taken completely out of that context have much to consider. Perhaps incomplete, but a treasure of ideas."

Good for you.

I refer to his Admissions "Men are your slaves" and note the slave culture he set up called Scientology.

"Elemental Spirits are your slaves" and therefore suspect the possible hidden agenda behind OTIII and NOTs

And his bragging about understanding people's psychology and how he can predict and control people's minds (don't have the reference to hand - but I suspect you know his Admissions at least as well as I do!) makes me suspect that he set up things deliberately to forward his evil purposes.

It seems hopeful at best and foolish at worst to assume that his Admissions were some silly post-adolescent nonsense that he grew out of. They seem a vital insight into his personality and explain so much of the nonsense that permeates scientology.

Have you chosen to ignore his Admissions as having an influence on the "church" that he created?

"Dont care. I say what I say. I dont speak for the church or even other scientologists. And surely my motives are not as pure as they should be. My motives are not exactly to criticise Alan or knowledgism, although that is a consequence of this thread. It is more like I wanted to discuss this and also make a point about the similarities between knowledgism and scientology, and also point out the drawbacks of knowledgism in a certain context."

So apologise for the way it came over! Why not! What's so terrible about apologising?

A balanced discussion about the similarities and the differences would be ok, but your operation comes over as purely an attack. Ideally comparative criticism of both subjects and an equal balance given to differences would be interesting and I don't know, beacause I don't talk to them, but I expect the knowledgists would be happier to take part in such a comparison.

"No. Scientology's influence on me is indeed very ingrained, but no I really do not think that. I have taken in what I beleive after inspection and comparison to life around me. But it is not something I am unwilling to consider if brought to my attention. A few years back I would say that there may be some truth to it...."

Good, that's what I am doing, inviting you to see what is ingrained and perhaps still uninspected.

"But I dont want to leave the church, I want the church to be what it had promised."

If the "church" became what it had promised, the "church" would leave itself! :D

This comes down to the PR vs the real, hidden Scn. Ron promised wonderful things. It was this purpose that hooked us and combined with the wins adhered us to his "church" and produced the hidden agenda of creating a slave society.

The promised "church" was PR. The less savoury aspects are fuelled by Hubbard's hidden agenda and the "church" cannot spearate the two.

But you are arguing semantics really. I described it as a "path of separation", you described it as a reform, either way there is a separation from the unsavoury aspects of the subject. :thumbsup:

"It is one thing to study and believe and it is entirely a different scale of thing to live the knowledge and beliefs....scientology, knowledgism, christianity......very few raise up to that level of being examples of the ideal of their beliefs."

Beliefs determine or influence actions. The two are not divorced. Living up to ideals is rarely achieved, that is true. But the ideals do influence action to some degree.

Unfortunately scn has conflicting ideals. Some are noble, some are destructive and evil. This is a mirror of the founder's personality. So sometimes scientologists behave ethically and nobly, sometimes evilly. The overarching belief in Scn is that it is the sole solution and this is used to justify all manner of abusive actions.

Fortunately the "church" is not able to live up to the ideal it sets itself of an Orwellian totalitarian society! Phew! - thank goodness the goodness of scientologists prevents it from ever actually being achieved! :yes:

"Science of survival was a brilliant work of genius. Labeling people is dangerous in the absence of compassion, but the purpose of scientology as a philosophy and technology was not to subjugate, but to liberate, a purpose of compassion. That purpose seems to have been lost in the preversion and dramatizations of cherry picked bits of policy and tech by the church. Not mainly in the rank and file but in the entrenched beauracracy and the leadership."

Where's the compassion in his advice in SOS to isolate "perverts" and his advice on how to deal with those at 1.1 and generally those below 2.0?

Are you seriously suggesting that his analysis, recommendations and labelling didn't influence the policies of the "church" he created? Are you stupid? :omg:

Don't trot out the platitiude that compassion sometimes has to be firm. Or that the "church" has cherry picked parts of the policy and tech.

The book SOS lays out exactly the template for the abusive "church" that he created.

Your "church" would be well advised to follow the "virtues" and "golden rule" as laid out in the PR piece The Way to Happiness". But it can't do so because of the labelling system and advices given in SOS and in Ron's Command Intention.

"My motives are not simple, pure or easy to understand. I suggest you take me as I come, and do not try to parse me. That is a most difficult thing, to fully duplicate what brings another person to the point they are communicating from. I usually feel that I am not really understood in terms of motive and intent, and all too often judged with suppositions not supported by evidence."

Nobody is simple, pure or easy to understand except for perhaps a few great souls. You are not unique in this. Many of us do our best to explain our position as clearly as possible and to understand others' positons.

You are perhaps understood a little better than you think! As ex-scns we use our experience and knowledge of the subject that we once adhered to to understand those who still adhere to it. That is our evidence! We know that a scientologist is skilled at appearing to be other than they are. That is your liability, your problem. :yes:

That's where I came in on this thread, you are being treated as a scientologist, which is what you say you are!
 
Last edited:
quote

"My motives are not simple, pure or easy to understand. I suggest you take me as I come, and do not try to parse me. That is a most difficult thing, to fully duplicate what brings another person to the point they are communicating from. I usually feel that I am not really understood in terms of motive and intent, and all too often judged with suppositions not supported by evidence."

About those motives. All the dancing that you do and that's your end line -about your motives??

It doesn't matter what you are really, you're interesting as something that
plays games nobody else does, or at least with your own peculiarities. Peculiar seems an appropriate adjective for you and you work so hard to be that way I'm sure it "indicates". Other possibilities about "where you are coming from" - which is what some are trying to get to - while some of them kept questioning your scientology support, because they just can't get it that that is part of where you're coming from.........it all just makes for one very strange person. And it is a very Alex thing to sprinkle your rhetoric with this kind of thing. quote;
"I am subversive on many levels, manipulative and on my own agenda."
That's why it really doesn't matter what you are or why you say anything.
You'll be playing Alex's game for a lot longer yet. To me you seem to be like the person Ron was, he wasn't really allied with anyone emotionally as far as I can tell. Intellectual/thinking type interaction was all he seemed to have. That kind of relationship can mean a lot of independence. "Independence" can be put into opposition with the word "dependence" or the word "interdependence".
 
I happily quote Frank Herbert's Bene Gesserit teaching: "Knowledge is a barrier to learning."

How to teach 101. Help the student to access prior knowledge, i.e. something they already know about the topic to be learned, or some similar knowledge. This will give the student something which they can relate the to-be-learned-topic to, a point of reference, context, or comparison.

Scientologists might call that using "reality" on the "arc triangle"
 
The interesting thing here is that Alex began 'banging away' about Knowledgism on the 14th of June....just before the St Pete's times interviews came out. He has not rested since.

His 'masters' knew that a shit storm was going to break on Scientology and it's vicious leader David Miscavige and that it was going to come from very credible sources.

Not once did Alex comment on those beatings, or on those threads but he did keep up to three threads criticizing Knowledgism on the front page the whole time the spotlight was on the St Pete's times stories.

Alex began this, despite admitting previously that Alan had never audited him by claiming that Alan had 'spun him in' by openly suspecting that Alex was Bill Yuade. Alex called this 'reversed auditing'. So, only God knows what might happen if we misspelled his name.

It gets better too; when Alex's lame attempt to fair game Alan failed he continued to harp and carp at Knowledgism undeterred, just like DM does when he's been discovered in a ponsey scheme...or a bogus library book distribution campaign.

This is truly dedicated stuff.

And all the while ignoring and keeping well away from THE hottest breaking news about human rights abuses and violence from his dear leader. Why is that, do you think?

Of course I will get another "fuck you" PM from our little friend for pointing this out, but what do I care?

Well Feral thank you too for acknowledging my pm to you! :)

At least you are not cutting me off from communication....thank you.

It is ironic that you come on to a thread and try to divert the topic, a tactic you would normally attribute to osa...


---------

Another way of looking at it is that I had no clue when I started posting this thread that the St Petersburg news would break....

And it was all old news, stuff that anyone following the chruch online would have known about a couple years ago.

You are reacting to me from your suppostions. Assuming or concluding I have masters, characterizing my posts as fair game, harping etc. I offered well reasoned and unemotionally stated opinions about knowledgism, a practice I have actually referred others to, who didnt want anything to do with any sort of scientology, but wanted scientology.

It is easy to assume I am osa doing my work. You are taking the easy explanation to rationalize me away, as what I think and say are unconfortable for you to hear. Fair enough as you are still getting over your own troubles with scientology, but not the truth nor supported by any evidence other than opinion and supposition.

Now, would you care to comment on knowledgism and their practices that mirror the churchs? And its practices that differ?
 
Last edited:
Have you been reading my mind?
I mentioned this earlier but, once again, why are we helping Alex flog this particular dead-horse when there's so much to discuss about scientology?

Its one thread, I've started, I hardly think I am overwhelming the message board, considering the two, and three word threads, you dont say, you do say threads, Vinaire's 6 and 7 thousand views God and Swami threads...

You get to decide what you read. You chose me, and apparently to dissuade others from reading me...

Think about it.
 
You will see in Panda's and Feral's replies the exact skepticism that I referred to,.

Your answers are clever but there are still the contradictions that litter your posting history on ESMB.

"I think that to some extent you find scientologists to be "dishonest" because of the stark difference in what you and they believe to be true.

A person can be wrong, or of a different viewpoint that doesnt match your idea of truth, and yet still be honest.

Honesty and the truth are not the same."


Reminds me of a scientology shore story or PR definition of acceptable truth. The "what is true for you" Scn datum is the perfect motivation for lying, all you have to do is believe your own lies and then you are being "truthful". A perfect Hubbardism!

We are ex-scientologists, we have experienced this believing lies mechanism, so we don't believe you because we have been scientologists too!

"Alas though true. I am subversive on many levels, manipulative and on my own agenda. I have done things that would have me declared instantly if found out by the church. I am sometimes amazed that I have not been tracked down and kicked out. There are photos of me at protests, and I have posted well beyond what I can conceive of as acceptable even if it were "for the cause"."

You have previously stated that you are ineligable for CofS services due to your inability to get through a sec check. This makes your defence of the CofS the more incomprehensible, unless of course you are not being truthful with us.

I like your rogue scientologist mock-up, it is entertaining but is it true?

"My support if for the part of it that aligns with my purposes, spiritual liberation. I support the people who sacrifice to keep it there, and to preserve what value is in the organization that so many have worked and donated for over the years. I also put forward counter intention for other parts in the little ways I can. I am certainly no hero of the revolution, just an insignificant part of an organiztion being sand in the gears."

If this is true, then it looks like you are positioning yourself for a coup that you hope will occur within the CofS and that you are subversively trying to forward. Do you think this makes you popular with a section of ESMB public?

"No. I didnt set it up that way, just observed that it was that way. The knowledgists could have addressed the issues I posed in a calm, considered manner following their own dictums, but chose to attack me as shitting on their beliefs."

If this is true, after you observed your undeliberate trap, you could have apologised to the knowledgists rather than pushing the trap and digging it deeper. That would have been the noble thing to do once you realised your unconscious laying of the trap! Instead the next part of your answers solidfy the trap you have set. This is pure Hubbard activity, sorry Alex, but it is!

You know that exes suspect scientologists for reasons that I have laid out and your posting experience has confirmed this to you. So once you trigger this suspicion, you need to recognise your causation of this suspicion because of the less than noble aspects of your "religion" and take responsibility for the un-edifying aspects of the "church" that you support.

Based upon this understanding, you could apologise for stirring up suspicion and find other ways to debate things you want to debate. This is the cross you have to bear due to you unethical "church". It is your problem, not the exes problem. You have to find a solution, if you want to debate with us!

Unless you want to follow Ron's policy "always attack, never defend".

"I constantly observe myself. My participation on the web is a mirror to me, where I see in how I am responded to, how I seem to others. I am humbled at the consideration I am shown on occasion and disappointed in myself frequently. I dont believe Hubbard "set it up that way". This conceptually is probably the biggest difference between you and I. I see other causes, contributions and reasons. Yes the church is almost a failed attempt. The writings and recordings and technology taken completely out of that context have much to consider. Perhaps incomplete, but a treasure of ideas."

Good for you.

I refer to his Admissions "Men are your slaves" and note the slave culture he set up called Scientology.

"Elemental Spirits are your slaves" and therefore suspect the possible hidden agenda behind OTIII and NOTs

And his bragging about understanding people's psychology and how he can predict and control people's minds (don't have the reference to hand - but I suspect you know his Admissions at least as well as I do!) makes me suspect that he set up things deliberately to forward his evil purposes.

It seems hopeful at best and foolish at worst to assume that his Admissions were some silly post-adolescent nonsense that he grew out of. They seem a vital insight into his personality and explain so much of the nonsense that permeates scientology.

Have you chosen to ignore his Admissions as having an influence on the "church" that he created?

"Dont care. I say what I say. I dont speak for the church or even other scientologists. And surely my motives are not as pure as they should be. My motives are not exactly to criticise Alan or knowledgism, although that is a consequence of this thread. It is more like I wanted to discuss this and also make a point about the similarities between knowledgism and scientology, and also point out the drawbacks of knowledgism in a certain context."

So apologise for the way it came over! Why not! What's so terrible about apologising?

A balanced discussion about the similarities and the differences would be ok, but your operation comes over as purely an attack. Ideally comparative criticism of both subjects and an equal balance given to differences would be interesting and I don't know, beacause I don't talk to them, but I expect the knowledgists would be happier to take part in such a comparison.

"No. Scientology's influence on me is indeed very ingrained, but no I really do not think that. I have taken in what I beleive after inspection and comparison to life around me. But it is not something I am unwilling to consider if brought to my attention. A few years back I would say that there may be some truth to it...."

Good, that's what I am doing, inviting you to see what is ingrained and perhaps still uninspected.

"But I dont want to leave the church, I want the church to be what it had promised."

If the "church" became what it had promised, the "church" would leave itself! :D

This comes down to the PR vs the real, hidden Scn. Ron promised wonderful things. It was this purpose that hooked us and combined with the wins adhered us to his "church" and produced the hidden agenda of creating a slave society.

The promised "church" was PR. The less savoury aspects are fuelled by Hubbard's hidden agenda and the "church" cannot spearate the two.

But you are arguing semantics really. I described it as a "path of separation", you described it as a reform, either way there is a separation from the unsavoury aspects of the subject. :thumbsup:

"It is one thing to study and believe and it is entirely a different scale of thing to live the knowledge and beliefs....scientology, knowledgism, christianity......very few raise up to that level of being examples of the ideal of their beliefs."

Beliefs determine or influence actions. The two are not divorced. Living up to ideals is rarely achieved, that is true. But the ideals do influence action to some degree.

Unfortunately scn has conflicting ideals. Some are noble, some are destructive and evil. This is a mirror of the founder's personality. So sometimes scientologists behave ethically and nobly, sometimes evilly. The overarching belief in Scn is that it is the sole solution and this is used to justify all manner of abusive actions.

Fortunately the "church" is not able to live up to the ideal it sets itself of an Orwellian totalitarian society! Phew! - thank goodness the goodness of scientologists prevents it from ever actually being achieved! :yes:

"Science of survival was a brilliant work of genius. Labeling people is dangerous in the absence of compassion, but the purpose of scientology as a philosophy and technology was not to subjugate, but to liberate, a purpose of compassion. That purpose seems to have been lost in the preversion and dramatizations of cherry picked bits of policy and tech by the church. Not mainly in the rank and file but in the entrenched beauracracy and the leadership."

Where's the compassion in his advice in SOS to isolate "perverts" and his advice on how to deal with those at 1.1 and generally those below 2.0?

Are you seriously suggesting that his analysis, recommendations and labelling didn't influence the policies of the "church" he created? Are you stupid? :omg:

Don't trot out the platitiude that compassion sometimes has to be firm. Or that the "church" has cherry picked parts of the policy and tech.

The book SOS lays out exactly the template for the abusive "church" that he created.

Your "church" would be well advised to follow the "virtues" and "golden rule" as laid out in the PR piece The Way to Happiness". But it can't do so because of the labelling system and advices given in SOS and in Ron's Command Intention.

"My motives are not simple, pure or easy to understand. I suggest you take me as I come, and do not try to parse me. That is a most difficult thing, to fully duplicate what brings another person to the point they are communicating from. I usually feel that I am not really understood in terms of motive and intent, and all too often judged with suppositions not supported by evidence."

Nobody is simple, pure or easy to understand except for perhaps a few great souls. You are not unique in this. Many of us do our best to explain our position as clearly as possible and to understand others' positons.

You are perhaps understood a little better than you think! As ex-scns we use our experience and knowledge of the subject that we once adhered to to understand those who still adhere to it. That is our evidence! We know that a scientologist is skilled at appearing to be other than they are. That is your liability, your problem. :yes:

That's where I came in on this thread, you are being treated as a scientologist, which is what you say you are!


!! :)

you are changing the topic from the flaws of knowledgism to the flaws of alex and scientology!

Do you think it is wise, and in the interests of the entities that are receiving processing from a person, for them to be gathered into teams? Do you think that the teams would be composed of entities that would have chosen to come together of their own will, without the influence and gratitude they feel for the team leader?
 
!! :)

you are changing the topic from the flaws of knowledgism to the flaws of alex and scientology!

Do you think it is wise, and in the interests of the entities that are receiving processing from a person, for them to be gathered into teams? Do you think that the teams would be composed of entities that would have chosen to come together of their own will, without the influence and gratitude they feel for the team leader?


I think that the question boils down to the nature of these entities. What are they? Is there any "self" involved? What is the complexity of that self.

It appears that an identity depends on the goal associated with it. If the goal is changed the identity changes accordingly. A "self" could be a complex set of identities with a complex set of goals.

What is "will"? "Will" seems to be factor which brings about changes in "goal-identitiy" complex. What is the source of this "will"?

We know that the identity, and the more complex "self" is a created thing which can also be destroyed. Is the "will" an inherent part of the identity or self? Or, is it independent of the identity or "self"?

Is there a single source for this "will," or is the source of this "will" unknown?

Does the "will" exist exterior of "self"? What does independence of "will" mean?

I think there are assumptions connected with the idea of "will" that have not been examined, but have been taken for granted up until now.

How is the "will" created?

.
 
Top