What's new

Time to say goodbye

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Is there going to be a prize for the member who makes the very last post ever on ESMB? I'm asking for a friend.

I would usually bit on a chick to post the last words :D

But you are among my best guess:D

Unless the last post will be:
there are no clears no OTs

Last edited:

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
Emma, thank you a millions times over. This board was my lifeline for years, especially in the early days when my husband was still in the thrall of the cult and I felt very alone. We survived it, he is largely out (!) and I have sort of forgiven myself. Knowing so many others were in the same situation and being able to share and accompany their evolution out of the mind fuck was a great comfort.
Good luck to you - I can say that now I believe the world is a random place - kudos and love. Lucretia

Bob R

Patron
I'm happy that you are moving on and things in life are looking exciting in the future. I also will miss this place despite having rarely posted (I was one of the members who had to re-register because my previous account was deleted in the recent purge of accounts without posts). Spent a lot of time reading on here and talking to people via PM. It's actually crazy to think how much of an impact this place had on my life, despite never having been a member of Scientology myself. I'm sure there are many of you who will miss this place. Hopefully somewhere new pops up to carry the torch.

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
Hey Emma, I've been out officially now for about two and 1/2 years. I can remember when I would snarl at the internet because of ESMB, OCMB and anyone else passing along the "en-tayta" when I was fully whacked out on kool-aid. I am only recently coming to my senses, so if I'm a bit surly, mi apologia! I still need a bit or work on the "plays well with others" point.

I owe much to where I am to your endeavors!!!

I'm only recently been picking up a lot, but not all of the stories. And your story. Makes me want to put the cult under, that much more. Good luck to you, madam!

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Is there going to be a prize for the member who makes the very last post ever on ESMB? I'm asking for a friend.

I think that will probably be me. I like to have the last word :)
You think the shutdown occurs by atomic time? I expect it's just Emma going,"Shit, I shouldn't have had that last martini, I'm ten minutes late."

You expect correctly. It will be more like a calendar reminder and an alarm set on my Fitbit.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
@afaceinthecrowd

Face! OMG! Face in the house!

I think of you often. You really are a magnificent person. It is a true honour to have crossed paths with you.

And yes good Sir, I really mean that! :rose:
Ahh shucks, Glenda...:redface:...You caught me sneaking in through the back door! :wink:

That's how I came on ESMB the end of January, 2010...sneaking in through the back door.

Wasn't at all sure what I was doing here, didn't intend to Post much but, after a long time Lurking and reading what Folks were writing about (some accurate, some inaccurate, some missing) that I had actually firsthand seen, experienced and knew about, I just couldn't resist piping up a little here and there. :nailbighting:

After a while...here and there...I started to have my say and give my "Take".

So, here I am again, after a long time Lurking over the last couple of years, I just can't resist piping up a little here and there over these last couple of weeks to have my say and give my "Take".

Glenda, your words truly humble me. Without your story, your insight and candor--via this Board--I would have never found Partial Peace or Closure re: the Children. It is a true honour to have crossed paths with you.
And yes Dearest Glenda, I really mean that!:rose:

Face:)

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Phew ... I'm think I'm going to start training myself from today to NOT look at this board (on a gradient).

I can't stand the sight of that STUPID countdown clock and I keep getting very teary ... it's no good at all.

:redface:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
@afaceinthecrowd

Dear Face,

Glad to say goodbye to you, and wishing you too the very best.

You have been the one who hooked me on ESMB
As "shooting the stars" was so captivating and enlightening. This is a piece of gem that will remain in the records and available to the thousands of readers to come. Great sharing of yours!

Much thanks
Lotus
;)

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, here I am in my older years confusing one name, one person, with another.

I'm so embarrassed.

JustShiela is who wrote "A Nanny's Story"--one of the most heartrending SO Stories on this Board--which led to unexpectedly cathartic Dialogues for me re: the Cadet Orgs and Nurseries.

Glenda is the brilliant Kiwi writer whose prose, perspective and perseverance laid bare the personal internal struggle so many of Us have been through.

My apologies to you, Sheila and Glenda...It is a true honour to have crossed paths with both of you.

Please forgive my error.
From My Heart, Thank You, Glenda...:rose: Thank You Sheila... :rose:

Face :modest:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
:foryou:Ahh shucks, Glenda...:redface:...You caught me sneaking in through the back door! :wink:

That's how I came on ESMB the end of January, 2010...sneaking in through the back door.

Wasn't at all sure what I was doing here, didn't intend to Post much but, after a long time Lurking and reading what Folks were writing about (some accurate, some inaccurate, some missing) that I had actually firsthand seen, experienced and knew about, I just couldn't resist piping up a little here and there. :nailbighting:

After a while...here and there...I started to have my say and give my "Take".

So, here I am again, after a long time Lurking over the last couple of years, I just can't resist piping up a little here and there over these last couple of weeks to have my say and give my "Take".

Glenda, your words truly humble me. Without your story, your insight and candor--via this Board--I would have never found Partial Peace or Closure re: the Children. It is a true honour to have crossed paths with you.
And yes Dearest Glenda, I really mean that!:rose:

Face:)
FACE!!!! So happy to see you! There's not much time to talk left, I hope you stick around. You were such an inspiration to me and I hope all is wonderful in your world.:foryou:

Free Being Me

Crusader
Well, here I am >snip<
Face! Of all the people I was hoping would show up before the board closes it's you. Darn fine seeing you again. I've always thought of you with the utmost respect enjoying your kind candor and sense of humor. Thanks for your contributions all these many years and your excellent company gracing the board.

Have a great life, it's been a pleasure knowing you here.

:cheers:

Gib

Crusader
I'm glad DM is putting all of LRH's works underground in a bunker or two. That's where they should be, underground, where nobody can read them.

Next step would be to blow them up.

Does any ex scientologist really believe it is worthwhile to read Hubbard's words?
let's have a show of hands of how many people went clear and OT.