What's new

Time to say goodbye

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
This was a big factor in my decision to finally get out -- my realization that recruiters would be nosing after my kids soon, and that they would exert extreme pressure on me to not say anything negative about Sea Org life, or try to stop them from joining.

It was the cognitive dissonance caused by this (if Scn is so great, why NOT hand my kids over to them?) which finally woke me up.
Oye Effen Vey!!! We sure enough dodged a bullet, didn't we? :handshake:

Over the years, reading all of the truly heartrending personal stories on ESMB from parents & children has humbled me, shaken me, disturbed me. I don't see myself as being a "hero" in taking my children and walking away from the SO/Scn. I know...I'm certain in my Heart...that many, many others secretly (suppressed, if you will) desired to do the same but were ensnared in unforeseen circumstances and lacked the happenstance of our good fortune to be able to overcome.

My Best Wishes to You and Your Children,

Face:)

PS: I guess this is my Phil Ochs night...:cool:

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I don't see myself as being a "hero" in taking my children and walking away from the SO/Scn. I know...I'm certain in my Heart...that many, many others secretly (suppressed, if you will) desired to do the same but were ensnared in unforeseen circumstances and lacked the happenstance of our good fortune to be able to overcome.
Your kids, someday, may see you that way, if they get to the point of fully appreciating what you shielded them from by walking away.

For me, my kids are doing well, and all finished college. The oldest (who I was especially worried about recruiters being interested in) married and produced grandkids for me. I look forward to retiring soon, and switching my attention from dealing with clients to teaching grandkids to read and such.

Terril park

Sponsor
Your kids, someday, may see you that way, if they get to the point of fully appreciating what you shielded them from by walking away.

For me, my kids are doing well, and all finished college. The oldest (who I was especially worried about recruiters being interested in) married and produced grandkids for me. I look forward to retiring soon, and switching my attention from dealing with clients to teaching grandkids to re
ad and such.

Just by chance was directed to this. Its a bunch
of kids in a slovenian youth orchestra playing Vlatava
by Smetana. Its very life enhancing to see them.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Goodbye ESMB.

Thanks Emma for setting this place up and bringing hope, answers and a way-station for so many.

I hope that as time goes by, you will see this time as a triumph and be proud of your efforts.

May your journey away from all things scientological, with the change of focus on your family and yourself, bring you much joy, love and light into your life. It is time for you.

:rose:

cleared cannibal

Silver Meritorious Patron
Like saying good bye at a funeral or your youngest child's leaving home for good.

You remember all the memories both good and bad and cant help but be sad.

Just keep in mind all the memories to come.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Face! Of all the people I was hoping would show up before the board closes it's you. Darn fine seeing you again. I've always thought of you with the utmost respect enjoying your kind candor and sense of humor. Thanks for your contributions all these many years and your excellent company gracing the board.

Have a great life, it's been a pleasure knowing you here.

:cheers:
Likewise, I'm sure! :cheers2:

:)

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Ah Enthetan, thanks for the invitation. As I've posted before, I pretty much had my say and there's some stuff here and there I left out in the interests of my anonymity, to protect the innocent as well as the guilty. If it had not been for this Board...that exists solely and only due to Emma's Guts, Guile & Gumption and fostered by the kindness, caring and courage of so, so, so many Members over the years by the focused intellect, decency and content of their Hearts..."Shooting Stars" would never have been written.

Forever Grateful,

Dear Face, you were one of my most favorite posters on ESMB. I loved your stories. I probably mentioned this before back in the day but what the hell! I'm letting you know again.

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
FACE!!!!! :bighug: :biglove: :smoochy:

Oh you are SO kind! Yeh, you and I went through a lot of tears and heartache worrying about the kids, didn't we? Without you and the history you provided and the others who verified the facts, we would never have been able to expose what we did.

The kids, Face... they are doing just FINE.

The one who nearly died in my arms is out and doing fine and an ex and in touch with other ex kids.

Many I knew who later became Messengers or SO members are out and happily married, most reunited with their families who are also out, with kids of their own. :biglove:

Karen#1 and a number of Anons helped an SO kid who was disabled and Declared had been living and begging on the streets and got him a home and counseling and on his feet again. :biglove:

We did our part, Face. You were a big part of that and all the heart and facts you put into your posts has made a huge difference to many, many lives.

You done good, sweetie. You will always be a very special friend to me and I love you to bits. Stay in touch, darl. You're awesome.

hB66AA8E7
:modest: Honestly Sheila, you give me too much credit...You along with a handful of others did the real heavy lifting.:fromme:

Thanks a whole bunch for letting me know that many are out, thriving and have children of their own:happydance:and about Karen#1's and Anons' deed of Humanity and Compassion.:happydance:

To hold and comfort a suffering child in distress is the essence of Grace, Shiela...To know that that child survived, is out and doing fine is such good news and lifts my heart. :love8: All of Us are Human, filled with flaws but, in that moment and throughout the Journey of your Mission of Mercy, you were truly an Angel. :rose:

Without ESMB our Dialogue and Sharing of Stories (on the Board & Back Channel) the fitting together of our Tiles to the Mosaic would have never happened.:no:

Peace Be With You, Shiela.:hug:

Your Pal,

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Veda,

Thank you for all these years of Constancy and Focus...

Thank you for all these years of timely, accurate "Reality Checks...

Thank you for Standing the Gap, never Grandstanding...

Thank you for Sharing with all of Us your Mastery of source documents and ""Source's" Documents...

Thank you for all true Value and Help your Presence here rendered to me and countless others...

With Enduring Respect & Gratitude,

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

For me, my kids are doing well, and all finished college. The oldest (who I was especially worried about recruiters being interested in) married and produced grandkids for me. I look forward to retiring soon, and switching my attention from dealing with clients to teaching grandkids to read and such.

Veda

Sponsor
Veda,

Thank you for all these years of Constancy and Focus...

Thank you for all these years of timely, accurate "Reality Checks...

Thank you for Standing the Gap, never Grandstanding...

Thank you for Sharing with all of Us your Mastery of source documents and ""Source's" Documents...

Thank you for all true Value and Help your Presence here rendered to me and countless others...

With Enduring Respect & Gratitude,

It's really good to hear from you.

The feeling is mutual.

More than mutual.

When the dust is settled, will start a Shooting Stars | Ex Scientologist Message Board thread - and other threads of yours - over on ESMB2, so others can benefit from your experience, your wisdom, and your kindness.

Was looking for a Peter, Paul, and Mary song, but came upon this Noel Paul Stookey performance.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Oh dear, the tears are starting to well up with only one day left of my beloved ESMB. What will I ever do? It has kept my attention since I joined in August 2008. I've been wanting to write up my thanks to Emma and the rest of you beautiful people for the last several weeks but couldn't find the words as I was overwhelmed with what to say and how to say it.

I was a die hard anti-scientologist way before I discovered ESMB having escaped it clutches in January 1985. I was always on the lookout for any info about the truth about scn be it an article in Time magazine or the rare TV special. Thanks to Anonymous and the outing of Tom Cruise's notorious video, MSN.com had an article about it and mentioned ESMB and other resources like Operation Clambake. I was so thrilled to find such rich resources that provided many aspects of the aberrated world of scientoiletry. ESMB became my home.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the stories, insights and humor ESMB that the many members have posted over the last 11 years. I will miss all that. What I won't miss is the occasional flame wars, trolling and mean spiritedness from a handful of posters which I ignored or didn't read. But the negatives far outweighed the positives.

ESMB was also full of surprises. I thought I had fully deprogrammed myself from the scio brainwashing in 1985 when I read all the newsletters from the David Mayo's AAC and the Jon Zegal tapes, et al. But every now and then I'd read an insightful posting on ESMB that would blow me away where I'd realize that I still had some remnants of scientology BS lodged somewhere in my reactive brain. So, ESMB really and fully shed light on the breadth and depth of what the cult was all about and how insidious it was.

Thank you Emma for all you have created and put up with and sticking with it all these years. I feel happy for you that you have chosen to follow a new path in your life and wish you all the best. And thank you to all my favorite posters!

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
@Emma

If it is at all possible, can you please find and restore the original, "How Many People Went Type 3?" thread

@Emma
EDITED: Don't worry about it, Emma. I guess I really pissed off Ethercat or someone that my original OP was discarded and so many of my threads deleted and the big one I started was combined with Renegade's. Most of it is there, it's just a mess.

Whatever. Life goes on. :shrug:

Sheila, I asked ethercat about this claim you are making, alleging the original thread either she or another mod had deleted some of your posts. She's never deleted anything of yours and does not believe anyone else did. What she has done is move some of posts to the Grudge Match section, and broken up long threads into OP titled numbered parts
She also said that inactive threads automatically go into an archive state, but they are still on the forum.

I easily found your OP thread by Google search. I didn't bother with the search function here, as I have found that it doesen't do a good job. I just searched uusing Google's format for a website search, using full title in quotes, and it came right up. Here is your OP thread link, along with a link to part 2. Try it using searching this wayon Google

site:forum.exscn.net "How many people went type III (ie. had a Psychotic Break) in your org?"

https://www.forum.exscn.net/threads...i-ie-had-a-psychotic-break-in-your-org.38005/

https://www.forum.exscn.net/threads...i-ie-had-a-psychotic-break-in-your-org.43120/

BTW, It is irritating to see how you easily blame ethercat for things you can't find. Try learning how to find things, and then practicing it, so you won't have to assume someone else is to blame. BTW, she doesn't hate you, or not like you. She, like other mods, treated your posts like she did anyone else's. If they violated the rules, or belonged in the Grudge Match section, then then action was taken.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
@AnonyMary

Would you please tell Ethercat I often think about her.
I read my "squirrels in the backyard" book and each time I see it I think about EC as we share à common passion for beings inhabiting our backyard.

I loved the work she was gently and seamlessly doing on ESMB, but more she is a kind gentle soul. Plus she had humor with me. My very very best regards and thoughts to her that we didn't forget as a super wonder devoted nanny of the kindergarten.

Big hug to Ethercat!

:hug:

Thanks Anonymary
Best to you!
:foryou:

Last edited: