What's new

Tony Ortega Underground Bunker 2 YEAR ANNIVERSARY - Sept. 26 2014

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
Happy Anniversary to Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker - http://tonyortega.org

Many of you who are reading this know that Tony Ortega has been reporting about the Co$ for years and continues to be THE one who has the balls to do the research. To quote the Underground Bunker article today...

For those of you who have been with us since the start — and many of you who were with us earlier, during our days at The Village Voice (2007-2012) or even before that, at New Times LA (1999-2002; Tory Christman and Mark Ebner and Mark Bunker, among others) or even a few of you who stretch all the way back to the Phoenix New Times (1995-1999; Rick Ross and Jeff Jacobsen, for example) — we humbly thank you for putting up with our adventures into the weird world of Scientology for so long.

Celebrating two years in the Bunker: Jonny Jacobsen on Russia, and Sunday Funnies!
http://tonyortega.org/2014/09/28/ce...-jonny-jacobsen-on-russia-and-sunday-funnies/

original.jpg

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
I would like to share some of the posts at Underground Bunker today. Here are some cut-and-pastes of the most popular...

Andrew RobertsonCongratulations to the Bunker team for the longevity of what is now the premier critical Scientology blog.
What a cornucopia of Sunday Funnies today! One would need a heart of stone to be cynical about the humanitarian nature of Scientology.
Fortunately I have one.
Just idly watching the progress today of the 'Freewinds' as it currently plies its ecclesiastical trade between Aruba and Bonaire, I marveled at the sheer pointlessness of its journey.
So Ron once decided, in a possibly befuddled state, that the mind-numbingly tedious OT levels could only be delivered in an environment where complaints of consumer fraud could not easily be acted upon. But this is no longer a good reason to waste expensive fuel oil and harbour fees merely catering to a few foolish people infested with the souls of murdered space aliens which are holding them back from becoming super-humans, when, with an intelligent use of resources the boat could generate more revenue than being just a 'Ship of Fools' but instead with minor refurbishment become a freight carrying vessel serving the inter-island trade routes of the Netherlands Antilles. I'm not suggesting cutting back on accommodation for the aspiring OT's, but six to a cabin instead of two wouldn't be too onerous for someone whose eternity is at stake.
And as the boat skirts the northern coast of Venezuela, a brief stopover to sell goods to the residents who are reportedly short of luxury items like toilet paper, would be a good dollar earner too.
I predict that when COB releases GAT 3 he will announce my proposal and reveal an hitherto unpublished HCO PL in support where Ron quotes a stanza from John Masefield, which is obviously a reference to the real mercantile purpose of the 'Freewinds':
'Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack,
Butting through the Channel in the mad March days,
With a cargo of Tyne coal,
Road-rails, pig-lead,
Firewood, iron-ware, and cheap tin trays.'

Bury_The_NutsHappy Anniversary to you Tony.........and to all of us. I remember how discombobulated we all were at the VV about two minutes after spotting that joyous picture of you with that clear bracelet.
And then all of our jaws dropped and we were like lost little kids.
Thank goodness you found a quick way to round up the cats (and all of us) and create this awesome space.
I have found two of my closest friends and many, many more friends and acquaintances because of this wonderful place.
I can think of no better place (or group of people) I wish to share the grand experience of watching Scientology circle the drain.
Thank you so much for your extreme dedication and diligence to this cause.
I don't say thank you enough, but when I do.........I truly, truly mean it.
Thank you, Tony.

NarapoidI was a member of Scientology back at it's peak 3 decades ago. I saw Tom Cruise's film "Oblivion" (which is a profoundly ironic film for him to make) and I was curious about what it was up to when I looked it up in the 'net. When I jumped, fell, got sucked into the rabbit hole looking up Scio on Google a year and a half ago, it was the Village Voice 25 People Crippling Scientology that helped me make sense of the mess. http://blogs.villagevoice.com/...
Then I found Wise Beard Man's (Mark Bunker) videos on youtube, then Tory Magoo and the different media covering atrocities always routinely denied by the cult. However, it wasn't until I started following the 'Bunker, that I got really hooked. It was during the first stages of Mosey's case last year and the live from Texas coverage that made me miss work.
Leah Remini blew just a month or so after I made The 'Bunker part of my well-rounded breakfast of coffee and cigarettes and the first thing I check as soon as I get off work. I now know names like Miscavige, Tommy Davis, Debbie Cook, Mike Rinder and Mike "Marty" Rathbun. Things like RPF, The Hole and Accepted Truth and the ugly truth behind them.
A great many of the stories have brought me to tears of anger, but found joy from laugh-out-loud shoops from Observer and Mark, and clever commentators. Great contributions from Karen De La Carriere and J. Swift (and OT8isGreat!!). Their videos and interviews shine a light into the tender dark secrets of the beast.
The end of this damned thing can't come quick enough and I think my speculated date for Little Nero's departure or deposition of Foctober 14, 2014 won't happen. That's OK, we still got the 'Bunker for the hideous end to this abomination.
I wonder how many others think the same 2 things that always cross my mind when the post is late: 1) Tony is working on a killer story and is backing it up like the pro journalist he is or 2) the bastards have done something to him.
Tony, take care of yourself as you are doing God's work and I will buy your book when it comes out. (How to end it though?) Bless all of you Bunkeroos too. EDIT, oh yeah, this started out as happy anniversary, so Happy Anniversary!

DeElizabethanI want to thank Tony again, for his help thru the Bunker in finding friends who have supported, listened and trusted me (Tony was the first). They have seen the peels left on the onion come off. Fortunately, a couple of them live close enough to occasionally give some hugs, (and party-time too) and have turned into the best of friends.
I could say friends at the Bunker have saved my life, but actually they enhanced it as any good family/friends would do, which I had not previously had at all, because of Scientology.
So thank you to all Bunkerittes for helping ex's regain understanding, respect in our lives, sanity and to enjoying it more.

Derek • The one thing that I look forward to every morning when I wake up is the new story at the Bunker. It has become a daily part of my life since it's inception. I know you must have poured blood, sweat, and tears into this website Tony and I want you to know that you and your accomplishments are appreciated. Thank you!
Tony, you spontaneously became a part of my life that fateful day in May of 2012 when we crossed paths on Twitter. Since you told my story you've given me a freedom that I never thought I'd be able to experience. Through the enormous amount of content that you bring to this website, you've helped me gain an understanding of everything that I've been through that has allowed me to shed my past and grow as a person despite everything that Scientolgy and it's members have put me through.
The Bunkerites have contributed to that understanding, immensely, as well as giving me confidence in myself and helping me to feel comfortable in my own skin. This is a wonderful community that has formed here and i daresay it is unmatched by any other forum on the web.

Last edited:

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Is it really only two years? Only it seems like Mr Ortega has packed about a decade's worth of enturbulation into that short span. The Scientology cult and its henchmen (fuck OSA) have really lost their touch!

Oh well... happy anniversary, and many more!

’Minds

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
Is it really only two years? Only it seems like Mr Ortega has packed about a decade's worth of enturbulation into that short span. The Scientology cult and its henchmen (fuck OSA) have really lost their touch!

Oh well... happy anniversary, and many more!

’Minds

It is the two year anniversary of the Underground Bunker. Tony has reporting on the Cult of $cientology for many years. The timeline was quoted in my OP but here is a easier to read breakdown...

Phoenix New Times - 1995-1999
New Times LA - 1999-2002
Village Voice - 2007-2012
Underground Bunker - 2012-2014

Free Being Me

Crusader
HunkeredDown2 - The Tony Ortega Org Theme Song

:party:

[video=youtube;ThyMMoOVDyw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThyMMoOVDyw&feature=youtu.be[/video]​