What's new

USA & CANADA picket thread Sept 13 2008

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
MIAMI, FL

Epic protest was epic. 5 of us showed, 2 had masks. Yes I said it, we were allowed MASKS! The cops were awesome, told us to "Rock on" among other things, and were obviously fed up with Co$ crap. My best moment was when I stopped 3 people from entering the building to hand them a flier. After they read it they began walking away, and a scilon rushed out with several fliers almost begging them to come in.
http://forums.enturbulation.org/192-usa-east-coast/miami-fl-28928/

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
TUSTIN

Total. Epic. Win.

Along with the fact that community response seemed double from the last event (the honking, thumbs up, and waves were endless), our biggest win was that we had company this time – the Scilons came out from hiding to join us for the duration of the protest!!! It was spectacular, and we had a very good chance to observe the new Anon Handling Tech for Orgs.

It’s a two-prong attack. First, they lined the area where we concentrate our efforts with these dopey black and white signs that kept blowing over, keeping the Scilons hopping (and yes, the fail tech teasing was merciless). The signs said things like, “Respect the Religious Beliefs of Others” and “Anonymous Creates Hatred and Destroys Freedom.” There were four signs total (I think).

The second prong was the wall of Scilons. There were between five and six of them shooting us with their powerful death stares, filming us, handing out flyers, and attempting (lamely) to distract us. I think we were supposed to be intimidated by them, but as is the nature of this group, we welcomed the attention and the opportunity to noisily inform them of our purpose for being there. I’ll speak for myself here and say that I couldn’t care less about their religion; I just want David Miscavige to stop mistreating his members. As often as I could I went down the list of abuses. They had no choice but to hear us.

There were four police talking to the Scilons at the beginning of the protest, but we never had cause to interact with them. They left and that was that. None of the Scilons’ objectives were met, and in my opinion they appeared withered by the end of the event. I will say again that I feel very sorry for these people. Things didn’t go well for them today and I can’t help but think the extremely obvious public support for Anonymous was demoralizing. One can only hope they have a realization from today that what they’ve been taught simply doesn’t work.

One other thing, the “For Sale” sign was still gone and the grounds are noticeably unkempt.

Pics here: http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=29046&postorder=asc&start=15

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
COLUMBUS, OH
http://forums.enturbulation.org/192-usa-east-coast/columbus-oh-28832/

So much win. Anons coming and going, milling and meeting and greeting the public on both sides of the street.
They tried to Van us. They called the cops. Four cruisers and then an SUV with the Daywatch LT showed up. The Daywatch LT is the one that AFT, Happycat and Chef and I met way back when. He came over, told us our permit was in order, that the noise level was fine and to keep on going as we were.

He then talked to the other officers, then they left and did not show up again.
I could not resist. I took a sign and wrote "FLUNK" on the back and went back org side and held it to the glass door where the scifag who called the cops on us could see it. I was carrying it around the alley side when some guy slammed into me, hitting the sign with his fist. He then accused me of bashing into him and tried to get me to hit him. I told him he failed at bull baiting and was a flunk. He turned around and it said "DURABLE SLATE" on the back of his shirt.

We got such good reactions from people. Kids wanting high fives, drivers wanting fliers, even a bus driver (bus number and face obscured so the scifags cannot get him in trouble.)

A couple parked their car and fed a meter to run across and ask me about scifaggotry and what about it was worthy of protesting. He shook my hand after and said he always thought they sounded shady, but didn't know they were as bad as they are.

One woman who was jogging really hated us. She ran past us yelling in a romance language (she was so shrill it was hard to understand) but I kept hearing Satan or Sant, so she either was saying we were Satanists or else was saying "Help, I have sand in my vagina." With the way she was acting I will assume the latter.

Great job Cbus anons. More pics here: http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll309/Whanonstler/September epicness/

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
MONTREAL

Ok, i'll try to write a summary of the day.

So we came to the pre-protest meetings. People were coming and all. Nothing very exciting about this. At the last bell of 12:00. We headed toward the Scientology building.

So we went in front of the Org. Putting our backpack and stuff next to the mcdonal walls. Something like a half-hour later, i was on one of the three corner of the street, the cops arrived and talked to us.

In fast, what police asked us sounded like menace. They asked us to show them our face. Not wanting them to get angry, most of us executed. So they told us, for the first infraction of any of the listed laws, we would have to pay a fine. For the second infraction, we may get arrested. In other word, they asked us to stfu. And to not enturbulate at all.

Then i got back on a corner, and someone genius had the idea to go by the rule. Anons made new signs. saying they were forced to stfu and things like that. With tape on their mouth.

Whatever people could say, it wasnt a epic fail or fail at all. Seriously, it was bad and all. But we didn't loose control of the situation. That was just fucking awesome. My only regret is that we were not on the mainstreet and don't get much traffic. There is this thing with a map that hide mostly completeley protester. Protesting in silence was fucking awesome.

http://forums.enturbulation.org/190-canada/montreal-28807/

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
LOS ANGELES
from Michael Pattinson EXOT8
http://forums.enturbulation.org/194-usa-west-coast/los-angeles-ca-28895/

I wanted to go by the Los Angeles protest today to deliver some delicious caek (which went down well, lol), Yummm yumm and happy Anons...

I was not going to stay long, but I was alerted to the fact that DM's/OSA's desperation at the continuing Anonymous protests had developed a new tactic which we had predicted back in February. They are slowpokes so just got around to it.

About 12-15 Scilons inserted themselves into the protest, wearing Guy Fawkes masks mostly and carrying signs to counter-protest within the assembly. Their (fail) signs were either trying to say the Anons were like Nazis, or saying Anonymous creates hate and destroys freedom (which is EXACTLY what Scientology does) or they fair gamed Anons by face-fagging them on signs. Others gave out the toxic hate cult's DVDs called "Anonymous" but only got a few takers by those who can use it back against the cult's liars.

Photos are at
Michael Pattinson's photos- powered by SmugMug
in the September 13 gallery.

The fake Anon-Scilons (basically Scilons who have failed so hard they have become what they are fighting, lol) were not very talkative, and quite surly.
Some were in late teens and others were old ones. We all kept it from getting ugly, but the Scilons were mingling to try to defeat the protest but just ended up being fail and making the protest look even bigger to the (many) passing motorists. Epic win protest, bravo Anons!

Protest is still going on and others will have more reports, but I ended up staying about 2 hours.

SCILON (left) with anon mask on holds bullbait poster. Real Anon on the right
371843832_gfYZv-M.jpg

Guy wearing an Anon mask with sign is a Scilon.
371845081_wLqrU-M.jpg

(Edit - added comment from above enturb link)

Absolutely incredible. At the peak, I counted at least 15-20 Scientology counter protesters mixed in with the Anonymous protesters. The funniest part is that, from the road, they managed to make the crowd look larger and since the Fawkes mask "image" is so recognizable to the general public now when it comes to Scientology, people immediately just associated the blur of their signs as they drove past with the rest of the group.

This is the hardest I've seen L.A. handle protesters in 7 months. They had younger guys out there with racist signs that included swastikas, a camera crew of Scientologists shooting a documentary "on Anonymous" and interviewing protesters and younger guy handing out flyers that linked to various chan-related websites, their typical black PR flyers and they brought out two name "face" signs with some L.A. protesters pictures and names on them. I think the monthly protest-count for L.A. should count the new "Anonymous: Scientology" branch as well - they love wearing masks and protesting anonymously, after all. They're just on the other side of the fence. So, technically, they've become Anonymous to protest Anonymous.

Last edited:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Albany, NY
Pics: http://forums.enturbulation.org/192-usa-east-coast/albany-ny-28926/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There wast some confusion as to where to go, what to do, so we wound up arriving at City Hall, my compatriot and I. We had signs, fliers, OT3 recordings, everything one needed to enturbulate the shit out of Albany.

Of course, we weren't too familiar with the area and did not know that Albany is pretty fucking deserted on Saturdays. So we didn't really see many people, waited around until 12:30, then set off on our own-- after making some signs. We explored the area some, handed out a few fliers to interested-looking passersby, and then finally came across an african-american woman who took us back to Jillian's and said she wanted us to come to an event (!!) because our message was WAY WAY WAY important. At first i was a little concerned, Admiral Ackbar-style, but it seems to be a legit event, although it has NOTHIGN TO DO with Anonymous or Scientology. We're being offered a table to put our literature on, as well as possibly a chance to give a talk about the dangers of $cientology!

Exciting.

We wandered into a starbucks right after that and had good conversations with the baristas, and some guy who pinged my scilon radar sat down and told me his entire life story (no mention of scientology) and was asking me probing questions as to my identity. I did not answer them.

We then walked back to the big intersection of State and Eagle and stood there with our signs, waving at drivers and getting much attention. A lot of people pulled over to read our signs, and accepted fliers and youfoundthecards. We got MANY thankyous, and one guy who tried to troll us (cant troll a troll, faggot) by throwing up the horns and going "SCIENTOLOGY FOREVER". A couple folks tried to give us the "Why do you care?" and "why scientology?" speeches, but they weren't scilons, just douches; we gave them the calm explanation that Scientology is an injustice that can easily be righted, and that protesting Scientology doesn't mean we're not protesting other things in the rest of our time, and that seemed to make them happy-- they accepted fliers and cards. :)

We got our pictures taken by many tourists, got much amused attention for "TOM CRUISE CAN'T FLY" on a sign, enturbulated the Duck Tour narrators, and helped an old lady park her car.

So, in the end, we confused many a poor Albany citizen, and set the stage for epic in October-- a lot of folks were really psyched for heading over to the org, even though it's in a low-foot-traffic area (ALL of Albany is a low-foot-traffic area, srsly).

NOTE: We covered all the bases with our signs, because we had two of them and on the fronts and backs the following were represented:
ASK ME WHY I'M WEARING A MASK
SCIENTOLOGY CRIMES: (list)
SCIENTOLOGY KILLS
TOM CRUISE CAN'T FLY

byte301

Crusader
Albuquerque, NM

WIN!!

We had a great protest today. Some anons met early and had breakfast together and then went to the org.

We had 6 anons today for most of the protest. Krit made some awesome signs relating to Chaotic Psychotic's situation with her family. One sign said "Melanie Still Loves You" and another said "Kim, what are your crimes?" We made sure to hold them up every time a $cilon showed up at the org. We saw about 5 $cilons all day.

They hadn't had a security guard the last couple of times but they had one in full view this time. They had even taught him how to take pictures of us!:D We love posing for pictures btw! I guess their super seekrit camera they hide in the window doesn't work all that well. Anon Tech ran over and was ready for his close ups. He danced on the corner and caused much lulz.

Two bike cops came riding by and laughed and waved at us. Our state fair is going on right now and the traffic was incredible. We got tons of honks and waves, even from a garbage truck. Had a few people stop and get fliers and talk a little.

All in all it was a good day to enturbulate the org.:happydance:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
PITTSBURGH

http://www.youtube.com/user/CharlemagneAltamira

Washington, DC
http://forums.enturbulation.org/192-usa-east-coast/washington-dc-28837/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had many lulz, and my sign seemed to be the most effective of all the ones that I've had in the last many months (well, to those who could comprehend simple algebra).

I started at Dupont Circle with a handful of other Anons, then we migrated to the protest site. I was sad to hear that the Org had effectively shuttered itself; it's less fun when they won't play along -- less, but still fun.

I pretty much stuck to the corner on the Org's side of the street -- where I intend to park myself for each and every action from now on. I'm going to play on their turf, and they can just enjoy it.

Every so often, I would go to the Org's front door with a few other Anons to see if we could make some form of human-to-human connection with the Scilons, chiefly by waving. They never waved back.

So rude.

However, during my (fail) interpretive dance to "Major Tom," I did manage to get some Scilons to come closer to the door to see just what the hell it was that I was doing.

There were a handful of PIs/Scilons out and about, but they were painfully obvious. One of them ran away when I started taking his picture -- more specifically, he tried to hide behind a tree first, then he came out to take a picture of me, then ran away.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
SAN DIEGO
http://forums.enturbulation.org/194-usa-west-coast/san-diego-reporting-28955/

Day started off squirrelly, as we gathered at Horton Plaza we were yelled at by some "random" passerby who spouted the usual Scilon arguments. Never read Hubbard, didn't know what we were talking about. He referred to something written by Hubbard's wife. When asked, "which wife?" he stomped off, pausing every now and then to yell back at us. Perhaps he was pissed off because he didn't know Hubbard had several wives, which sort of shot his argument about our ignorance right out of the water.

We went up and enturbulated in front of the org for a while. Horn love began on our trek up the hill. They had shields raised, and were turtled up... guess they expected us. Their parking lot wasn't full, but people were coming and going.

You know, those Hubbard sound files are hella useful. Guy in a motorized mobility scoot stopped to ask what we were doing, we played him some tasty Hubbard and he concluded that it was nuts. Yes!

We came back around to 4th Ave. and marched back up to the org. On our way back, we found several YFTC on the ground, as well as a NEW scilon 'What is Anonymous?' flier. Suspect one of their monkeys was following us around town. We might have some fun with that next time. How DO they parse all the sneaking, hiding, lying and creeping around with being a superior being? Insanity!

This time, the head of the org was there, hiding behind the barricades and taking pictures. Harley Orion was lurking there for a while. He doesn't like it when we play his band's music at him. This time, they turned on their sound system to play their hideous clam musics; some really awful rap, something that could have been the Jive Aces (tolerable) and more of that inspirational infomercial music. They kept turning it up louder to drown out Hubbard's droning voice.

When a cop car pulled up, they turned the music down. Heh. Cop requested that we move to the other side of the street. Yes, he asked nicely. But he was asking us to give up part of our civil rights. I said 'no!' We weren't blocking anything, and if the scilons can't handle a little razzing, they shouldn't be out hiding behind some stupid panels.

The yellow VM Rescue van had been out and about. That thing almost never moves from the garage, so it was a surprise to see it pull in. Yes, our org haz yellow van. No, don't even think about it.

A passerby paused to read the panels hiding the front of the org, and we got talking to him. He stuck around for a long time and was really interested in what we had to say. Don't think he'll be signing up for any courses any time soon.

We finally called it win and dispersed.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
MOUNTAIN VIEW
http://forums.enturbulation.org/194-usa-west-coast/mountain-view-ca-category-9000-win-28873/

Raid commenced at 11am sharp with no sudden surprises. The first hour was filled with the same ol' same ol'.... you know, thousands of cars honking, tons of fliers passed out and many deep conversations with passerby, etc. The Ex-Sci family were being very generous with their beverage offerings and massive signage, and everything was going great.

That is, until....

...it got better.

Then all of a sudden, out of the blue, out of nowhere, straight from left field, came John Allender, local OT8 and our favorite Scilebrity. Although the Dianetics & Scientology building was closed that day (predictably), he came bearing gifts for most of us! This came in the form of "ANONYMOUS: Hate Crimes" DVDs! He had a whole box of them tucked to his side and thus handed them out to (certain) individuals in both groups that were across the street from each other. Some of us were very honored with this unique entrance and offering, and they held the DVD as a trophy of Win. Others who didn't receive one straight form the hands of John Allender bawwww'd, and then made themselves feel better by convincing themselves they were officially labeled as an "SP" and therefore would never have received one. The things that Anonymous prides on these days...

The rest of the afternoon went on very well. There was a LOT of dancing, a LOT of fliers we emptied stacks of, and we even had a miniature bullbaiting session between Anons, Ex-Scis and two Scilons!
--------------------

Pics: http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=29060&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
SAN FRANCISCO
Pics: http://flickr.com/photos/anonlenore/

CHICAGO

Chicago, IL Sept 13th post game
http://forums.enturbulation.org/193-usa-central-mountain/chicago-il-sept-13th-post-game-28810/

Well, let's start with the weather, shall we? Torrential downpour all day, with consequent transit problems for a lot of people. There were flooding problems on some expressways and temporary closures on public transportation. A lot of Anons came late or were prevented from coming. As you can probably figure, our mission of public edumacation was also hampered, since there wasn't the normal amount of foot traffic around.

That being said, we still had a good turnout of Anons. Got a lot of horn-honking, did a lot of sign-fagging (pamphlet-fagging was down due to the fact that, well, they were slightly soggy). The cupcakes were real and delicious, and are being promised a repeat performance next month.

MEMPHIS
http://forums.enturbulation.org/193-usa-central-mountain/memphis-tn-28935/

ALBUQUERQUE, NM
http://forums.enturbulation.org/193-usa-central-mountain/9-13-albuquerque-nm-post-game-report-28912/

MILWAUKE, WI
http://forums.enturbulation.org/193-usa-central-mountain/milwauke-wi-cops-crying-scilons-28905/

PHOENIX, AZ
http://forums.enturbulation.org/193-usa-central-mountain/phoenix-az-28961/

CHAMPAIGN, IL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZGG3nAmsGk

Pixie

Crusader
For FTS

These are really excellent FTS!!! Great to see yet more successful pickets! Thank you for posting. :thumbsup: