What's new

VICE MAG gives strangers E-meter readings :)

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
WWP re-post, lol Very funny :)

Hollywood's Most Secretive Religious Relic: E-Meter Testing
Published on Oct 18, 2012 by vice

VICE editor-in-chief Rocco Castoro heads out to Union Square to give strangers E-meter readings, determining their spiritual and moral fiber.
[video]http://youtu.be/rrNmk2J3rAo[/video]
The Hubbard Electrometer, more commonly known as the E-meter, is a "religious artifact" used to measure the state of electrical characteristics in the static field surrounding the body. E-meters operate in a similar fashion to lie detectors, relying on a type of electrical circuit called a wheatstone bridge, which measures the subject's galvanic skin response. In short, the device produces a small electrical current, and measures the subject's electrical resistance to that current. Auditors use the device to measure answers to various questions that can supposedly determine whether or not a person is spiritually pure. Basically, it's what it sounds like: a bunch of bullshit. And we made this video to prove it.

Search for wheatstone bridge: www.google.com/search?q=wheatstone+bridge

WWP threads that mention wheatstone: www.google.com/search?q=wheatstone+site:whyweprotest.net

The Wrong Guy, Today at 1:57 PM
#1 Reply
https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/vice-gives-strangers-e-meter-readings.105863/

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Oh, I so love it when I run into those clowns with a table set up to give a pinch test.

They sort of start falling apart when I ask for the scientific studies that thing does what they claim it does.

Then I ask the health care certificates & credentials that show they are authorized to do what they propose doing.

A few questions can provide a whole lot of stammering by them.

Alle G

Patron with Honors
from encyclopedia dramatica

A-Meter Auditing
A beloved favorite of L. Ron Hubbard, the astronomically magical A-meter audit is administered through the use of a telescope in the ass. As the lens takes focus, Saturn and her magic rings should be fully visible and if she is spotted, the testee is eligible for a $50,000 membership. This method is widely used and revered by Scientological experts worldwide as a sure fire method of catching AIDS. According to recent statistics, the fail rate for the A-Meter is 1 in every 10 billion.