What's new

Back in Clearwater... At The Lucky Anchor

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
Found my way back to Clearwater on business. Sitting at the Lucky Anchor and parked by Flag.

Wish some other SPs here to drink with. We need a secret signal or something....Message_1509746569178-1.jpg

Dilettante

Patron Meritorious
Mr. Irwin's initials being what they are would make a clever tag to his brand. I would order a lucky anchor tee for him to autograph "CI in Clearwater"

skep

Patron with Honors
I walked around Flag last year, all around the entire complex.

One security guard on the west side was doing something on a smartphone. Nothing on the north side except two SO running towards the east entrance. On the east side, two buses, picking up so SO members, but mostly empty. Around the front, a bunch were on the steps smoking, and talking some Slavic language. What Rinder calls the potemkin village was empty except for a few that had no more than 2 staff in each.

It's deadsville.

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
The last time and this time I bugged the hell out of security. I walked around taking photos.... this time I obviously counted up floors and over windows and then took photos of the Ft. Harrison & Power Building. I was very "focused" on certain areas... security was watching me.

Last time I flipped off a security camera on the side of the Ft. Harrison... this time I stopped counted up floors and "flashed" hand signs - numbers on my fingers then a thumbs up like I was signaling someone in a window.:eek: I am sure they will be reviewing the images for awhile. I was in a rent car with Tennessee plates rented out of Atlanta.. if they run the plates they will be a tad confused. I parked by Flag so they could easily see the car.

The public building said "everyone welcome" but I was not invited in by a person so did not want to push my luck. No one knew where I was and there would have been no one to throw my bail. ;) One lady saw me but was on the phone... she waived and I waived and moved on after taking the photos.

I would love to buy/have made a tee-shirt with "Where is Shelly" or something about disconnection and wear that while I move around Flag.

One thing I noticed while at the Lucky Anchor... there is a landscaped "ally" that staff uses right next to the Anchor. The Anchor has tables and chairs on the sidewalk with music playing... hard to ignore. BUT staff had their TRs in and would not even "glance" over at the Anchor/music/guests when they went scurrying past. How the hell are you going to save a planet if you can not confront table/chairs/music & people on a sidewalk??

I never saw any staff moving on the sidewalk smiling... If they were passing me I said "hi" and only got one "hi" in return by a man walking by himself. I saw no "uniformed" staff in/at any of the restaurants/coffee shops spending any money... strange!

I saw businesses up and down Cleveland with bars/restaurants being the open businesses after 5pm on a Friday. I don't know how many businesses downtown are sciobot owned & operated. You would think the "Mecca" would have a mess of businesses in the area owned by members. Interesting question.

If I get another chance to visit the area I will try different tactics... do not know what yet but it is fun to push a few buttons and piss off a few security folks.

I am after all an evil person. :cool:

pkatz

Patron with Honors
The last time and this time I bugged the hell out of security. I walked around taking photos.... this time I obviously counted up floors and over windows and then took photos of the Ft. Harrison & Power Building. I was very "focused" on certain areas... security was watching me.

Dear "Evil Person",

No one lower than Upper Mgmnt knows who Shelley M is/was. Or even cares, past a casual thought, soon banished in the rush to get stats up up up.

Even a "Where's Heber?" would be brushed off with a "He's on Special Confidential Mission to the U.N." and only by those old enough to remember him.

Keep up the good work.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Obviously counting up floors & giving a thumbs to a particular window has got to drive security more insane. Good move !

Speaking to SO members on the street seems to spook the shit out of 'em - they have no clue what to do with friendly civility.

I like to go " Oh, you are navy ! What ship you from ? " They sputter a lot.