What's new

Can You Be a Christian Scientologist? (Juliette Lewis Says YES in New Interview)

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Can You Be a Christian Scientologist? (Juliette Lewis Says YES in New Interview

As far as Christianity going against past lives, you can go into the purged books of the bible, and etc.

But, back to the point, Christianity was 'tolerated' from what I saw.

<snip>

Yes, Christianity or any other religion was tolerated - but we always figured (meaning staff) that the guy just needed enough wins to "cognite" that Scientology had the answers.

Re: past lives and Christianity: there is a reference in one or the other version of the Bible in which Jesus asks one of his followers who he is and the answer is "Some say you are John the Baptist returned" implying a belief in past lives was common at that time. The idea of past lives was never spoken against in the bible in any case, so it leaves room for the possibility.

No belief in CHRIST as Lord and Savior, son of GOD, though...that's another monkey altogether. You can't be a Christian and not believe in Christ. You cannot be a Scientologist OT III or above and BELIEVE in Christ. If you ARE OT III or above and BELIEVE in Christ, then how precisely do you manage that? And how do you justify continuing on a path that screams sacrelige and SATANISM from the perspective of Christian doctrine?

I've yet to see an argument made for it, and doubt very much I ever will.

Re: Can You Be a Christian Scientologist? (Juliette Lewis Says YES in New Interview

a dianeticist is someone who studies and applies dianetics

and i haven't gutted my definition of either. there are many christian churches with doctrines that cut me out

and i don't ditch all the metaphysics of scientology

time's short, more soon
there's nothing strange about us christian's speaking of our faith freely. we've been doing that for nearly 2000 years

and we also run schools which charge tuition as well as solicit donations for projects and funding nonprofit organizations

CoS offers training and auditing for fixed fees. i am much more than satisfied with what i purchased

it seems you are objecting that what you do not want and would not accept is not offered to you free of charge

and...

anyone who has been reading my writing on this board is aware, i'm here not there because i just can't mesh gears with the CoSuckers

Yes, Christianity or any other religion was tolerated - but we always figured (meaning staff) that the guy just needed enough wins to "cognite" that Scientology had the answers.

Re: past lives and Christianity: there is a reference in one or the other version of the Bible in which Jesus asks one of his followers who he is and the answer is "Some say you are John the Baptist returned" implying a belief in past lives was common at that time. The idea of past lives was never spoken against in the bible in any case, so it leaves room for the possibility.

No belief in CHRIST as Lord and Savior, son of GOD, though...that's another monkey altogether. You can't be a Christian and not believe in Christ. You cannot be a Scientologist OT III or above and BELIEVE in Christ. If you ARE OT III or above and BELIEVE in Christ, then how precisely do you manage that? And how do you justify continuing on a path that screams sacrelige and SATANISM from the perspective of Christian doctrine?

I've yet to see an argument made for it, and doubt very much I ever will.

i dunno JQ, personally i'm awfully grateful for the good works of all those christians who don't believe in christ. if your church is bouncing them, point 'em in my direction and we'll toke one up

Jquepublic

i dunno JQ, personally i'm awfully grateful for the good works of all those christians who don't believe in christ. if your church is bouncing them, point 'em in my direction and we'll toke one up

Avowed atheist, here. I don't belong to any churches. I do, however, live in the Bible Belt which puts me a stone's throw from seven churches at any given moment, and I'm confident when I say there is no Christian without Christ.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter

Now, as far as CofS Scn goes, another reason the two aren't compatible there, at least, is what the CofS/IRS agreement says. There's some part in there where they say something to the effect of, ok, for now they can keep their other religion but eventually we expect them to just be Scn'ists. (paraphrased by me. this is not the exact wording.)

I suspect that this would bother some members if they knew about this.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate

Here's what the mainstream understands about Scientology:

Wikipedia said:
"According to Hubbard, when thetans (the Scientology term for a human being) die they go to a “landing station” on the planet Venus, where they are re-implanted and are programmed to “forget” their previous lifetimes, thus causing amnesia. The Venusians then “capsule” each thetan and send them back to Earth to be dumped into the ocean off the coast of California; whereupon, each thetan searches for a new body to inhabit. To avoid these inconveniences, Hubbard advised Scientologists to simply refuse to go to Venus after their death."

Good luck fitting that horseshit into a Christian life.

Avowed atheist, here. I don't belong to any churches. I do, however, live in the Bible Belt which puts me a stone's throw from seven churches at any given moment, and I'm confident when I say there is no Christian without Christ.

if you're an atheist then you believe there is no christ and if there is no christ then there are no christians so a christian cannot be a scientologist because there is no such thing as a christian

Jquepublic

if you're an atheist then you believe there is no christ and if there is no christ then there are no christians so a christian cannot be a scientologist because there is no such thing as a christian

Ok, I get it now. You're not trying to have a conversation, you're just stirring shit.

Go ahead then and have at it. I'll leave my comments and my question open to anyone else who might actually consider that Scientology and Christianity are compatable belief systems.

Ok, I get it now. You're not trying to have a conversation, you're just stirring shit.

Go ahead then and have at it. I'll leave my comments and my question open to anyone else who might actually consider that Scientology and Christianity are compatable belief systems.

touchy, touchy

you can't see the twinkle in my eye JQ?

i'm not locked into any "belief system" indeed, all belief systems lock at least part of me out

THE BOTTOM LINE:

the nazarene directs i love my neighbor as i love myself

i have for forty years used auditing to do good things for my neighbors who have been grateful that i did

seems awfully simple to me...

Free Being Me

Crusader

metier_titre_episode3.gif

iyiyiyiyiyi!

now i got pitsfour raggin' on me about this

larry

can you tell me how this bugs ya?

it would seem to have impeccable internal logic

of course an atheist might accuse me of being a christian putting words in their mouth. but here i am without complaints that atheists tell me what my christianity means

i stand accused of not carrying on a conversation and "just stirring up shit"

per JQ certified by FB

if it please the court the accused submits a plea of NOT GUILTY

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

i stand accused of not carrying on a conversation and "just stirring up shit"

per JQ certified by FB

if it please the court the accused submits a plea of NOT GUILTY

I just heard Judge Joe Brown say “I’ve been doing this a loooongnnnggg time and I’d say that 99.9% of the time that it’s the 1st person that start's denigrating the integrity of the other that is the guilty party”. He did me on another thread so I haven't read anymore of his posts till in your reply, but I'm sure I'm on ignore in enough cases too.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

larry

can you tell me how this bugs ya?

Yes, I concur with Jquepublic (with what she said here)

it would seem to have impeccable internal logic

Seemed like a logical fallacy to me. :duh:

But it IS the kind of logic that you'll need to believe that Scientology and Christianity are compatible. :whistling:

I just heard Judge Joe Brown say “I’ve been doing this a loooongnnnggg time and I’d say that 99.9% of the time that it’s the 1st person that start's denigrating the integrity of the other that is the guilty party”. He did me on another thread so I haven't read anymore of his posts till in your reply, but I'm sure I'm on ignore in enough cases too.

thank you DG

as it happens, i don't accuse either JQ or FB of being guilty of anything and especially PTS4 who has aleady proved to be an entirely pleasant pub companion.

i LOVE the conversation on this board and all who here gather

Yes, I concur with Jquepublic (with what she said here)

Seemed like a logical fallacy to me. :duh:

But it IS the kind of logic that you'll need to believe that Scientology and Christianity are compatible. :whistling:

ok, can you point out how it is fallacy?

touchy, touchy

you can't see the twinkle in my eye JQ?

i'm not locked into any "belief system" indeed, all belief systems lock at least part of me out

THE BOTTOM LINE:

the nazarene directs i love my neighbor as i love myself

i have for forty years used auditing to do good things for my neighbors who have been grateful that i did

seems awfully simple to me...

and then here...

this bottom line seems very simple and clear

any comment on it?

anyone?

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

thank you DG

as it happens, i don't accuse either JQ or FB of being guilty of anything and especially PTS4 who has aleady proved to be an entirely pleasant pub companion.

i LOVE the conversation on this board and all who here gather
Oh no, I thought you were the accused not the accuser, I should have been more clear.