What's new

IVY: The Freezone Magazine

Page 11: Integrating our Sexuality into our Lives
By Heidrun Beer, Austria
All too often, human beings do not have a healthy relationship to their own body
and sex. Heidrun Beer analyses in this article our troubled relationship to this
our second dynamic, which includes the sexual urge.

Would be really interested in finding out what this artice has to say. Does the FZ still believe that Homosexuals should be uniformally instiutionalized????

Just FWIW, that was a latter day Scientology asininity. In the 50s, 60s, and 70s sex was not a crime. My significant other toured with AOLA Clear #1, He was gay. And of course, Clear #1, John McMaster was gay. Quentin was gay. There was a huge contingent from the U.S. Virgin Islands who were gay. San francisco and LA had strong gay populations all represented across the training and auditing sides. There wasn't ever any prejudice in THOSE days. Even after AIDS became a big killer, there was no prejudice.

The old man fell more and more off his trolley as he got older and sicker.

I left the Co$ before the 80s, but it had to start somewhere around then.

When I started reading ESMB is when I found out about Scientology and sexual repression.

but in answer to your question:

There are probably some jerks from the 80s and 90s and recently left who think that almost any non vanilla sex (gay or straight) is the Devil's own.

I would have to think that most Freezoners don't buy into homophobia, but there are no statistics or writings on the subject that I know much about.

hbeer

Patron with Honors
Page 11: Integrating our Sexuality into our Lives
By Heidrun Beer, Austria
All too often, human beings do not have a healthy relationship to their own body
and sex. Heidrun Beer analyses in this article our troubled relationship to this
our second dynamic, which includes the sexual urge.

Would be really interested in finding out what this artice has to say. Does the FZ still believe that Homosexuals should be uniformally instiutionalized????

Who is "the FZ"? There are as many viewpoints about this in the FZ as there are people!

I for one believe that homosexuals should be allowed their own path of learning. It is not any religion's or culture's job to tell them what to think, feel, or do.

BTW my article is on the web, you can read it here (it contains some Scientology language):

http://www.sgmt.at/AUT_HB/IntegratingSexuality.pdf

Just FWIW, that was a latter day Scientology asininity. In the 50s, 60s, and 70s sex was not a crime. My significant other toured with AOLA Clear #1, He was gay. And of course, Clear #1, John McMaster was gay. Quentin was gay. There was a huge contingent from the U.S. Virgin Islands who were gay. San francisco and LA had strong gay populations all represented across the training and auditing sides. There wasn't ever any prejudice in THOSE days. Even after AIDS became a big killer, there was no prejudice.

The old man fell more and more off his trolley as he got older and sicker.

I left the Co$ before the 80s, but it had to start somewhere around then.

When I started reading ESMB is when I found out about Scientology and sexual repression.

but in answer to your question:

There are probably some jerks from the 80s and 90s and recently left who think that almost any non vanilla sex (gay or straight) is the Devil's own.

I would have to think that most Freezoners don't buy into homophobia, but there are no statistics or writings on the subject that I know much about.

In Dianetics he says;

"The sexual pervert (and by this term Dianetics, to be brief, includes any and all forms of deviation in dynamic two such as homosexuality, lesbainism, sexual sadism, ect) is actually quite ill physically."

His answer to the problem was revield to to public in his book Science of Survival: Prediction of Human Behavior where he is quoted as saying;

"Such people should be taken from the society as rapidly as possible and uniformly institutionalized; for here is the level of contagion of immorality, and the destruction of ethics... No social order which desires to survive dares overlook its stratum 1.1s. No social order will survive which does no removed these people from its midst,"

This to me then are core beliefs of his teachings.. It just worrys me that some FZ mite be very literal in his teachings and believe they can cure someone of their Homosexuality.

Who is "the FZ"? There are as many viewpoints about this in the FZ as there are people!

I for one believe that homosexuals should be allowed their own path of learning. It is not any religion's or culture's job to tell them what to think, feel, or do.

BTW my article is on the web, you can read it here (it contains some Scientology language):

http://www.sgmt.at/AUT_HB/IntegratingSexuality.pdf

Thanks for providing the link :) I did by no means want to offend... I just wanted to claify what people thought on the subject as i believe there hasnt been much written on it that i have found anyways.. Thank you again..

In Dianetics he says;

"The sexual pervert (and by this term Dianetics, to be brief, includes any and all forms of deviation in dynamic two such as homosexuality, lesbainism, sexual sadism, ect) is actually quite ill physically."

His answer to the problem was revield to to public in his book Science of Survival: Prediction of Human Behavior where he is quoted as saying;

"Such people should be taken from the society as rapidly as possible and uniformly institutionalized; for here is the level of contagion of immorality, and the destruction of ethics... No social order which desires to survive dares overlook its stratum 1.1s. No social order will survive which does no removed these people from its midst,"

This to me then are core beliefs of his teachings.. It just worrys me that some FZ mite be very literal in his teachings and believe they can cure someone of their Homosexuality.

Just like the Bible, some people read every word literally.

BFD

The culture of the 50s and closeted gays has gone the way of the horse and buggy.

I'm sure, if you look hard enough, you'll find a bigot. I just don't know any.

In the 70s, I had a center. It became a mission, now it's an org. I've been auditing people since 1968. Those are my creds. I live in California. there are probably a number of gay bashers in Orange County, but I don't know any. Even the Mormons that I know, don't have any charge on the subject.

Just because it's written doesn't make it true.

hbeer

Patron with Honors

Well, there are still some who preach LRH's idea from the 50's that it is an aberration and somewhere at 1.1 on the tonescale. I have watched (and participated in) some really heated discussions on FZ mailing lists.

I agree that homosexuality is not a very good feature if you are planning to breed bodies for the next generation of spirits who want to incarnate, but on a planet that is so extremely overpopulated, is breading bodies really still the absolute ideal and the only thing to do? I think if a small percentage of people don't breed more bodies, it will help the ecology.

Also, is breeding bodies really the ultimate goal for a spiritual being????? Can anybody place me at 1.1 on the tone scale if I explore other aspects of human life than breeding bodies?????

ANY aspects of how a spiritual being can relate to meat bodies?????

This is a very hot subject. You get huge wins in becoming free of social implants in session (implant = a thought enforced on you with some form of violence that is not your own thought), and then you walk out of the session and if you dare to still be free of these implants, you get knocked down with the most massive condemnation and dire consequences.

Did anyone ever weigh these losses against the session wins? Anyone who wants to tell me that our current culture is NOT a suppressive environment? Not as bad as the Taliban's, but still.

hbeer

Patron with Honors
Thanks for providing the link :) I did by no means want to offend... I just wanted to claify what people thought on the subject as i believe there hasnt been much written on it that i have found anyways.. Thank you again..

Oh, I didn't feel offended. Quite to the contrary, I am very happy about each and every individual who is sane in this area (able to grant beingness and doesn't try to force individuals into a social mould).

If you want to know what other people in the FZ think, read the archives of Yahoo! mailing lists like FreezoneOrg or IFAChat. Plenty of flame wars about homosexuality there :)

Classical Greece was rife with unfettered gays. It was a time of culture and civility.

This board ESMB shines in comparison to robot speak in many other places.

The homophobe mind set is losing ground across the planet.

hbeer

Patron with Honors
Classical Greece was rife with unfettered gays. It was a time of culture and civility.

This board ESMB shines in comparison to robot speak in many other places.

The homophobe mind set is losing ground across the planet.

Thank God!

Now that's another thing not to say :omg:

In Dianetics he says;

There was a tiny amount of truth in that WHEN gays were in the closet and hiding. If you were Jewish in Nazi Germany, you'd be hiding and lying also. In any climate of fear, like South Africa had with the black and white apartheid laws, the subjugated element has to lie to survive. Lying is equated with 1.1

that doesn't make anybody bad. If you have street smarts to survive, it's a good thing.

When I was in school, and was absent for weeks at a time, my mother would lie to the school and say I was sick. That's 1.1-- so what!

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
In Dianetics he says;

2D part two: raising and rearing children.

Committing children to a stint in a chain locker... Well it would take some sick sumbitch to do that.

Never overlook that LRH was self-confessing in his writings.

hbeer

Patron with Honors
Content of IVy 106 - April, May 2010

Content of IVy 106 - April, May 2010

Page 4: Everyday Miracles
by Agnes Araujo
The author works in adult education and tells here how she applies study tech and dianetics in her work. An amazing story from her work with Native Americans in British Columbia.

Page 8: Nordenholz’s Scientologie
by Joachim Steingrubner, Brazil
The author has had unique access to sources in East Germany and elsewhere and suggests that Hubbard knew of Nordenholz’s work as early as during world war II.

Page 15: Honesty
By Per Schiøttz, Denmark
Per explains how our emotions and our thoughts have to be in balance and harmony with each other before we can achieve honest communication and perfect relationhips with spouse and friends.

Page 21: The NOTs Materials, Who Wrote Them?
by Ken Urquhart, USA
The author was LRHs personal communicator for years and has an intimate knowledge of LRHs writing style. What does he have to say about the question whether David Mayo or LRH authored NOTs?

Page 23: The “File Clerk” NOTs Technique
by Ed Marco, Australia
This article describes an experimental method of running NOTs. It is amazingly simple and has produced excellent TA for the author, whos is an experienced Class VI C/S.

Page 31: A Free Scientology Lunch
by Michel Moore, IFA
Scientology materials galore float on the internet and are free for the taking. Still, the author points out, one should keep in one’s exchange. This can be done in various ways...

Page 33: The Real Opponent of Creativity
by Heidrun Beer, Austria
The author reflects on what’s the real enemy of creativity. Is it the obvious and willful destruction caused by others? is it cut-throat competition? or is it something else? How do we optimize our creativity in a challenging environment?

Page 39: London Org in the Late 50s
By Antony Phillps

IVy’s long time editor tells about an important part of Scientology history that he experienced first hand.

hbeer

Patron with Honors
Content of IVy 107 - Autumn 2010

Content of IVy 107 - Autumn 2010

Page 4: Ivy Conference 2010 editorial. A summary of the conference held in Copenhagen August 2010.

Page 6: First Saint Hill Staff Years. By Antony Phillips, Denmark. Another chapter of Antony’s Scn career.

Page 15: Some Humor: Cartoons

Page 16: Clears, Losses and Colds. By Allen Hacker, USA. Allen Hacker is a long time Freezone practitioner and originator of a therapy called Acceptance. In this article he puts forward a theory why losses often leads to colds.

Page 19: Love, Cocaine and the Drug Rundown. By Heidrun Beer, Austria. Describes the brain biochemistry of falling in love and how it relates to physical addiction and the drug rundown.

Page 35: A Shinto Perspective on Scientology. By Fumeo Swada. The author is a high ranking Shinto priest who has read most of LRH’s books and review Scientology from his perspective.

------- READ THIS! --------

Page 29: The Care and Keeping of the Human Brain. By Ken Urquhart, USA. An essay on the need for looking one’s own health, also when it comes to the brain. It also describes the physiology of various states of mind.

Heidrun's remark: Ken was one of the people who were closely working with LRH over many years. With his intimate knowledge of LRH on one hand and the detailed brain knowhow he has acquired during his later studies on the other hand, he comes to the conclusion that LRH was suffering from brain dysfunction in his later years. ----- LRH's policies and orders from these years would have to be re-evaluated from the new perspective that there was a medical situation, in my opinion. ----- I have Ken's permission to distribute this article widely and it exists in PDF, TXT and DOC format. -----

oldhubb.jpg

Most official photographs of Hubbard published by the Church of Scientology show him in the golden days of the Apollo voyages or earlier. This one, taken from a 1973 television documentary, shows the 'Commodore' to be deteriorating rapidly. (From Lamont, Religion Inc., 1986). Source:
http://www.clambake.org/archive/books/bfm/bfm19.htm

Veda

Sponsor
Excellent video. Thanks.

But the desperate attempt at PR damage control (re. "Ron's image," etc.) will have to account for the early days too. Those can't be airbrushed away. They're part of the historical record.

Perhaps you can blame it on Ron being giving nitrous oxide at the dentist, shortly before he wrote the unpublished manuscript 'Excalibur'. :)

"Living is a pretty grim joke, but a joke just the same. The entire function of man is to survive. Not for 'what' [any ideal] but just to survive... I turned the thing up [the 'dynamic principle of existence: Survive!'], so it's up to me to survive in a big way.

"Personal immortality is only to be gained through the printed word, barred note, or painted canvas or hard granite [or stainless steel]. Foolishly perhaps, but determined none the less, I have high hopes of smashing my name into history so violently that it will take a legendary form even if all the books are destroyed. That goal is the real goal [hidden agenda] as far as I am concerned. Things which stand too consistently in my way make me nervous.

"It's a pretty big job. In a hundred years Roosevelt will have been forgotten - which gives some idea of the magnitude of my attempt."

L. Ron Hubbard, 'Excalibur' letter, from 1938

"You are just and kind. You are merciless to any who cross your rule..."

"You can be merciless when your will is crossed and have the right to be merciless."

"Your writing has a deep hypnotic effect on people and they are always pleased with what you write."

"Your psychology is advanced and true and wonderful. It hypnotizes people. It predicts their emotions, for you are their ruler."

""Men are your slaves."

L. Ron Hubbard, from his "Affirmations', 1946

In October 1950, Dr. J.A. Winter, who had written the 'Introduction' to 'Dianetics, The Modern Science of Mental Health', resigned in protest from the Hubbard Dianetic Foundation. He described the ideals presented by Hubbard as "lip service."

In March of 1951, John Campbell, publisher of 'Astounding Science Fiction', also resigned in protest against the "cult" of Dianetics.

Meanwhile, Hubbard was busy writing letters to the FBI describing many of his former Dianetic associates as communists and communist sympathizers.

Hubbard's letters to the FBI would continue for years. In 1955, he wrote that he had received a lucrative secret offer from the KGB to travel to Russia and work for the Russians but had turned it down; he also forwarded a copy of his newly discovered (it was "slipped under the door," etc.) 'Russian Textbook on Psycho-Politics' which happened to mention "Dianetics" several times (as a danger to the advance of Russian communism), and which, oddly enough, contained various Hubbardisms such as "thinkingness."

Six months earlier, Hubbard had written 'The Manual on Dissemination of Material' which instructed Scientologists to "NEVER PERMIT" (capitalization in original) Scientology to be "talked about contemptuously before a group," and to use the legal system and law suits to harass and, if possible, "ruin utterly."

Four years earlier, Hubbard had written, in 'Science of Survival', of how those low on the "tone scale" (placement on the "scale" being easily determined by the person's reaction to Hubbard, Dianetics and Scientology) should be "disposed of quietly and without sorrow."

Abuse against women has a long history in Scientology, going back to Hubbard's first wife, Polly. This from a letter, written to 2nd wife, Sara (From court records):

"Sara-

"If I can help in any way, I'd like to - You must get Alexis in your custody - Ron is not normal. I had hoped that you could straighten him out. Your charges probably sound fantastic to the average person - but I've been through it - the beatings, threats on my life, all the sadistic traits you charge - twelve years of it. I haven't asked for anything, but with all the money rolling in from 'Dianetics' I had hoped to get enough for plastic surgery for Kay's [daughter] birthmark - Please believe I do want you to get Alexis."

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=126632&postcount=15

http://home.snafu.de/tilman/krasel/cooper/index.html

Third wife, Mary Sue, went to prison in her husband's place, while her husband went into hiding.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=124540&postcount=27

L. Ron Hubbard, from his confidential issue, 'Intelligence Actions - Covert Intelligence Data Collection' of 1969, concerning the worldwide Communist psychiatric conspiracy against him, which, incidentally, with the shifting in public opinion in 1971, during the Vietnam war, was changed, by Hubbard, to the worldwide Nazi psychiatric conspiracy against him:

"Their first blast was the San Francisco papers, Sept 1950, quoting the publisher (of Book One) Ceppos being critical of me (he was a communist) followed by the LA papers, pushed then by the Sara Komkovadamanov (alias Northrup) 'divorce' actions, followed by attempted kidnapping of myself. Other details were pushed into it including murder of four and so on. This was a full complete covert operation. At the back of it was Miles Hollister (psychology student), Sara Komkovadamanov (housekeeper at the place nuclear physicist stayed near Caltech)..."

1972 letter from Sara Northrup to author Paulette Cooper. This letter was found in a file cabinet in a Scientology Org, after the issuing of search warrants by the FBI, in 1977. It had been stolen from Paulette Cooper's apartment, in New York, some years earlier by Scientology.

Scroll down towards bottom of page to see letter: http://www.ronthenut.org/northrup.htm

Ron on psychiatry: http://www.xenu.net/archive/infopack/12.htm

From the 1969 HCOPL, 'Discipline - SPs and Admin':

"I am not interested in 'wog' morality... If anyone is getting industrious trying to enturbulate or stop Scientology or its activities, I can make Captain Bligh look like a Sunday School teacher."

"I can make Napoleon look like a punk." L. Ron Hubbard, 1938

Hana Eltringham Whitfield was there on the 'Flagship':

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...2x-So-6No_yqAPp4vD3Dg&q=hana+eltringham&hl=en

Mike Goldstein and Jim Dincalci had these observations:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5263341634543279870&hl=en

David Mayo was there also. To find his description of the treatment of children on the ship, go to the last few paragraphs of tape three of the interview, or do a find on "peanut," after pressing "control" and "F": http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/miller/interviews/mayo.htm

From 'Keeping Scientology Working', 7 February, 1965:

"We're not playing some minor game in Scientology. It isn't something cute to do for lack of something better.

"The whole agonized future of this planet, every Man, Woman, and Child on it, and your own destiny for the next endless trillions of years depend on what you do here and now with and in Scientology :unsure::ohmy::yes:

"This is a deadly serious activity. And if we miss getting out of the trap now, we may never again have another chance :spacecraft:. [See 'Implantology'] Remember, this is our first chance in all the endless trillions of years of the past . Don't muff it now because it seems unpleasant or unsocial to do Seven [Hammering out of existence incorrect technology], Eight..."

Just prior to the appearance of 'KSW', was published the piece 'My Philosophy', in which L. Ron Hubbard told Scientologists:

"Blinded with injured optic nerves, and lame with physical injuries to the hip and back, at the end of World War II, I faced an almost nonexistent future. My service record stated: 'This officer has no neurotic or psychotic tendencies whatsoever', but also stated, 'permanently disabled physically'.

"And so there came a further blow. I was abandoned by family and friends :violin: as a supposedly hopeless cripple and probable burden on them for the rest of my days."

And, on 7 March 1965, exactly one month after the appearance of 'KSW' was published 'Suppressive Acts, Suppression of Scientology and Scientologists, the Fair Game Law':

"A Suppressive person or group becomes 'fair game'.

"By Fair Game is meant, without rights for self, possessions or position, and no Scientologist may be brought before a Committee of Evidence or punished for any action taken against a Suppressive Person or group...

"Suppressive acts are defined as actions or omissions undertaken to knowingly suppress, reduce, or impede Scientology or Scientologists.

"Such suppressive acts include public disavowal of Scientology... public statements against Scientology.

"[Suppressive acts also include] 1st degree murder, arson, disintegration of persons or belongings not [emphasis added] guilty of suppressive acts.

"[Suppressive Persons] place themselves beyond any consideration for their feelings :nazi:or well being...

"The homes, property, places, and abodes of persons who have been active in attempting to suppress Scientology... are all beyond any protection."

Hubbard, from the 1969 confidential issue, 'Intelligence Actions, Covert Intelligence Data Collection':

"The objective of the enemy is to discredit...

"Their first blast was the San Francisco papers, Sept. 1950, quoting the publisher (of Book One) Ceppos being critical of me (he was a communist) followed by the LA papers, pushed then by Sara Komkovadamanov (alias Northrup) 'divorce' actions, followed by attempted kidnapping of myself. Other details were pushed into it including murder of four and so on. This was a full complete covert operation. At the back of it was Miles Hollister (psychology student), Sara Komkovadamanov (housekeeper at the place nuclear physicists stayed near Cal tech), Gene Benton and his wife -President of the Young Communists League...

"This was a full war against Dianetics."

And don't worry. When Ron returns, he'll have a normal brain this time and, according to Ken Urquhart, will be "1000 times more brilliant."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0_1F0_20mE&feature=related

Last edited:

hbeer

Patron with Honors
Airbrushing

Airbrushing! Excellent. The keyword here, Veda.

Thank you once more for a great many important references. In my opinion, Hubbard has used his own life and personality as material from which to distill the main principles of the tech. Much like you distill delightful spirituous liquors from a stinky mix of fermented fruit called "mash" in the world of brewery.

That's how artists work - I know the process from myself.

If you can agree to not airbrush the quality products out of the picture, I can agree to not airbrush the stinky mix of original ingredients out of the picture :happydance:

Products like: Grade 4 - the GPM concept - the 12 characteristics of social/antisocial people - the chart of human evaluation. These things had to come from somewhere!