What's new

IVY: The Freezone Magazine

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
ROLF ?

Rolf, how many mags per year are issued ?

Thanks, and it looks interesting.

Also I noticed that too, Ladybird, that the CO$ is trying to steal

the name RON's ORG.

Veda

Sponsor
I read about IVY some years ago. This part impressed me, at least they are more realistic than most of the Freezone about putting LRH in less than his self-aggrandizing self proclaimed "source" (sorcerer) place:

I've read 'IVy' magazine - on and off - since its first issue in the 1980s, and subscribed for a while in the 1990s, and it never described itself as a "Freezone" publication. Its sister publication - now, as far as I know, no longer being published - called, 'The Free Spirit', also never classified itself as a 'Freezone' publication. If 'IVy' mag is being called that - by its new editor - then that's fairly recent.

Ron's Orgs (with has a different Grade Chart after OT 3, going up to "OT 48") is the Free Zone (two words); the other is the Freezone (one word), and is about 99% people recommending the (1970s) "LRH Bridge." (Pre-Miscavige).

For some time there has been an attempt to include others as part of the Freezone (one word), at least superficially, in an apparent attempt to expand the Freezone and give it credibility. This is similar to the "Church" of Scientology seeking to identify itself with other groups - such as having a black Baptist pastor handing out 'Way to Happiness' booklets, and then having the pastor come to a "Flag" event to give a talk and be photographed for promo; or the attempts by Scientology to identify itself with the UN (United Nations), etc.

There is also an attempt to "expand" the Freezone by inducting poeple and groups into it who may not wish to be so identified - and ignoring their wishes and classifying them as "Freezone" anyway. For example, David Mayo rejected the term and didn't wish to be identified with it, yet it's not uncommon for him to be classified, these days, in Freezone promo and sites, as being in the Freezone.

To be realistic, the term Freezone (look at the sites), means Scientology Freezone, and the Scientology Freezone means "We advocate the "Grade Chart" (whether early 1970s or late 1970s, or a combination).

I know a fair number of people, who are ex-Scientologists, who still do "counseling stuff," and none of them refer to themselves as "Freezone" or "Freezoners," and would laugh at the idea of doing so. However, none of them are believers in "LRH" and "his Bridge," and that - with very few exceptions - is what a "Freezoner" is.

And, yes, anyone can call himself anything, including a "Freezoner," and there has been a years long effort (by some) to muddy the water in this area, and to - somewhat sneakily - "expand the Freezone" by doing so.

Again, to be realistic, the "Freezone" is the Scientology ("Grade Chart") Freezone, not the Zen Freezone or Yoga Freezone. It's Scientology. And the primary assertion of the Freezone is that it represents a more pure version of "LRH tech" than is found in the current (Miscavige) "Church of Scientology."

So, 'IVy' magazine - whose founder Antony Phillips I respect very much - if it is doing so, is only fairly recently calling itself a Freezone publication - although I'm sure that, for some time, many who would classify themselves as "Freezone" have been contributing articles.

Whatever articles are available on line, take a look at them. How many could be called "Freezone," or have authors who would classify themselves as "Freezoners"? Only some. Others would not.

There is another category which - although its meaning was different in the early 1980s - is called the "Independent Field." (Note that it's a separate category on ESMB. There a reason for this. It's not redundancy with the "Freezone." There are two categories (although they are sometimes confused), and the "Independent Field" means "does counseling stuff but not the LRH Bridge," and not "Scientology."

Since there is a fair amount of confusion around these areas, two terms (with two meanings) are an attempt to reduce that confusion.

And again, Ron's Orgs is the founding Free Zone (two words), and that is the group with its 48 OT levels.

Imnotsupposetobehere

Patron with Honors
Did you know that the new FCDC Ideal Org is calling itself "Ron's Org"? I think you should sound the alarms because I think the "official" CofS cult of scientology is trying to horn in and steal your potential pcs by confusing everybody. They did this before you know, when the CofS knocked out all the missions.

Who owns the name and trademark to "Ron's Org"?

(PS :coolwink: )

RO COM. Ill inform them thank you LB
:happydance:

Terril park

Sponsor
Did you know that the new FCDC Ideal Org is calling itself "Ron's Org"? I think you should sound the alarms because I think the "official" CofS cult of scientology is trying to horn in and steal your potential pcs by confusing everybody. They did this before you know, when the CofS knocked out all the missions.

Who owns the name and trademark to "Ron's Org"?

(PS :coolwink: )

In Europe Ron's Orgs was used before the COS did, so COS can't use that in europe.

In the US someone would have to take legal action to take it away from COS.

Terril park

Sponsor
I read about IVY some years ago. This part impressed me, at least they are more realistic than most of the Feezone about putting LRH in less than his self-aggrandizing self proclaimed "source" (sorcerer) place:

IVY is about the broad subject of clearing technology, including "standard tech" FZ and Independants in ESMB speak.

nw2394

Silver Meritorious Patron
For some time there has been an attempt to include others as part of the Freezone (one word), at least superficially, in an apparent attempt to expand the Freezone and give it credibility. This is similar to the "Church" of Scientology seeking to identify itself with other groups - such as having a black Baptist pastor handing out 'Way to Happiness' booklets, and then having the pastor come to a "Flag" event to give a talk and be photographed for promo; or the attempts by Scientology to identify itself with the UN (United Nations), etc.

Well, I'd go along with a lot of what you say - in fact it is overall a good summary. However, I am on two lists where Rons Org people and other pro LRH FZers coexist quite happily for the most part. So while there is a clear enough distinction (different bridge after OTIII), we certainly don't regard each other as and "us" and "them" particularly.

Indeed, I don't find myself at loggerheads with the Knowledgists either. Some of Alan's posts on this board would probably be too radical for some of the die hard, pro LRH group - however, I think there could be constructive dialog given the will.

There is also an attempt to "expand" the Freezone by inducting poeple and groups into it who may not wish to be so identified - and ignoring their wishes and classifying them as "Freezone" anyway. For example, David Mayo rejected the term and didn't wish to be identified with it, yet it's not uncommon for him to be classified, these days, in Freezone promo and sites, as being in the Freezone.

Well, Mayo certainly wanted to distance himself from Capt Bill. However, if Mayo were still active - which he certainly isn't - in today's environment, I don't think he'd still be taking that stance so much - well - probably anyway. We don't know - he hasn't answered mail for quite some time AFAIK.

Nick

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I think I am correct in saying that the Rons Org trademark is not CoS owned in Europe - they lost the case.

I think you are. Unfortunately, I don't know of an EU search engine similar to TESS.

EDIT: Ooh, ooh, I just found one. It wasn't there last time I checked. :). It's at http://oami.europa.eu/CTMOnline/RequestManager/en_SearchBasic?. Here's a sample page, although not all pages are permanent links like this: http://oami.europa.eu/bulletin/ctm/2004/2004_052/003688041.htm

Paul

uniquemand

Unbeliever
That's true. Do you know someone who does? Because I basically just talk about whatever everyone else is talking about in chat, except I don't beat around the bush.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
That's true. Do you know someone who does? Because I basically just talk about whatever everyone else is talking about in chat, except I don't beat around the bush.

OK. But who originates it? Do you steer the conversation into that direction?

Hmmm, guess I've hijacked the thread. Steering welcome. :)

Paul

uniquemand

Unbeliever
OK. But who originates it? Do you steer the conversation into that direction?

Hmmm, guess I've hijacked the thread. Steering welcome. :)

Paul

I confess that I bullbait in that direction. I find it amusing to watch people who think they are spiritually evolved have shit-fits when that topic is entered.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I confess that I bullbait in that direction. I find it amusing to watch people who think they are spiritually evolved have shit-fits when that topic is entered.

OK, thanks.

Oh, look. There's an article in this Ivy mag by Heidrun Beer on Page 11:

Integrating our Sexuality into our Lives
By Heidrun Beer, Austria
All too often, human beings do not have a healthy relationship to their own body and sex. Heidrun Beer analyses in this article our troubled relationship to this our second dynamic, which includes the sexual urge.​

:D

Paul