What's new

Post Scn: Where to now?

uniquemand

Unbeliever
After 6years of reading, living and introspection post-scientology (having been born and raised in Scn), I have come to a point where I am consistently disillusioned of what life has to offer; am cynical about most people; and a complete pessimist when it comes to my own future.

After ridding myself of one false ideology; clearing my slate of the Scientology delusion, it seems, to me at least, I am confronted with more delusion to replace it with. The world I find seems to be build on one fabricated ideology after another that trap people just as much as Scientology. Our whole society seems to be built on the back of ideologies set down by our forefathers and we have no option but to live within them.

I recognise that I am being overly cynical, and many ideologies are not as harmful as Scientology. I also recognise there is a lot of enjoyment, fun, and loving relationships that can fill one's life, and I have had my share of all, it's just my cynicism, disillusionment, and pessimism consistently gets in the way.

My main concern at the moment is being able to support myself in a money hungry world (Why society pays so much credence to bits of paper - that in reality are worthless - is a bit beyond me). While I am very capable in performing duties, I find it difficult to give reason to working in a mindless job to earn bits of paper that in turn just greases the wheels of a messed up society.

Due to past circumstances I am without the skills, confidence, experience, and paper credentials to compete, nor do I have the desire to sell myself so I can sell some company's product that feeds human wants (as opposed to needs). Nor do I feel like putting on a facade of satisfaction or happiness that so many people seem to do to get through their day.

If this world was without the trappings of a messed up society, I would be happy to just 'be' (live, love, and die). But it seems I cannot. Aside from becoming a hermit, I have to interact with people and the world.

So where to next for me? No doubt some of you have tread these waters before. I would be grateful for your insight.

All is maya.

Choose a delusion, or don't. In the end, your bodily needs will have to be met, and your desire for communion with others will likely lead to a social circle and a family of your own.

Get a job. They're easy to find. Hold that job. Your skills will improve, your resume will improve, your morale will improve. Get promoted, or get another job when your resume shows you are a better candidate. Go to college. Study many subjects. Pick one that interests you, or don't.

None here can answer your questions, because they are existential questions.

I recommend reading the great philosophers of the past (antiquity) for company. It's better than trying to get through to most people for a chat. In particular, read the Stoics.

Enjoy life. There are many hedonic and eudaimonic pleasures to be sampled. Try them all. Pick one, or don't. Life is to be lived. Don't ask another how or why to live it, lest they become your God.

Dennis

Patron
It is now 10 years after she left, and she is working a job she likes, we have a GREAT relationship, and 9 months ago she became the proud mother of a beautiful baby girl!

nats001.jpg

So, despite all the trials and tribulations, difficulties and pain along the way, she is NOW a happy MOTHER - a mother who showers her daughter with care and love, and who would NEVER think to treat another human being the way she was treated by Hubbard's Army of Idiots.

To her, one of the highest values is simply to be kind, understanding and NICE to other people. Obviously that is sort of a reaction to what she FAILED to get from the Sea Org and Scientology doofuses.

So Dennis, Just take whatever steps you feel best to take each day, and you WILL end up somewhere just fine.

The kids who were brought up in Scientology had it the worse, because they had no choice, and because they had nothing else to compare things to. But, that is over. You DO have a choice now, and you are free to CREATE YOUR LIFE HOWEVER YOU WANT. :happydance:

My daughter did it and so will you. :yes:

Thanks for sharing Gadfly.

Dennis

Patron
All is maya.

Choose a delusion, or don't. In the end, your bodily needs will have to be met, and your desire for communion with others will likely lead to a social circle and a family of your own.

Get a job. They're easy to find. Hold that job. Your skills will improve, your resume will improve, your morale will improve. Get promoted, or get another job when your resume shows you are a better candidate. Go to college. Study many subjects. Pick one that interests you, or don't.

None here can answer your questions, because they are existential questions.

I recommend reading the great philosophers of the past (antiquity) for company. It's better than trying to get through to most people for a chat. In particular, read the Stoics.

Enjoy life. There are many hedonic and eudaimonic pleasures to be sampled. Try them all. Pick one, or don't. Life is to be lived. Don't ask another how or why to live it, lest they become your God.

Freedom. A prospect that both excites and scares me.

Thanks for your post uniquemand and thank you for your reading recommendations. I will explore them.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Good thread. Liking it. Thanks for starting it, Dennis. And best to you.

BTW, I think you're a good thinker / writer. You'll figure stuff out for yourself.

TG1