What's new

Reasons Why I'm Out and Other Thoughts About The Con

billheichert

Patron with Honors
Reasons Why I’m Out & Other Thoughts About The Con

Late in 2004 a friend of mine told me that he left the church and he told me about tech alterations. He did this at great risk as he knew I might disconnect from him. We had known each other for probably 20 years or more. I had been in for about 19 years, ot5, perm class IV auditor, former staff, full hated Div 2 reg., patron with honors (over $200k to the IAS). I hung up the phone and dug out my oldest scn books and started comparing to the newest versions. The alterations were there. The tech was being altered right in front of us. I went online and searched for more data. I decided to get out within hours of that phone call. Over the ensuing months, I discovered more & more outpoints. Not just altered tech but everything! With my experience from being a reg at a mission and then at LADAY, all of the green on white that I studied and all of the red on white, my auditing internship, and the ot levels that I did, I am now of the belief that scn is a con & a cult. I think that Ron started it with that intention. From inside with blinders on you can not see this. Regarding Miscavage, I think he is doing what he was taught by Ron and he is carrying out Ron’s original intention: gain power & money though the scn con. If you can step back and LOOK, you can see it.

I think that most scientologists are good people and that they are pursuing spiritual freedom and trying to save the planet. It is truly evil for Ron to have set up this con to take advantage of people this way.

You can’t buy spiritual freedom. Thus you shouldn’t try to sell it to someone.

I have a lot to say so I will just keep posting bits and pieces as they come to mind. No particular order, just a running log of my thoughts, opinions, experiences and conclusions. I’m not very up to date with using message boards or forums so forgive me if my form is not perfect.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clear.

In dmsmh Ron defines clear at length. I do not know a clear who measures up to this definition. Do you? Are you one? I doubt it. This seems like a glaring outpoint to me since dmsmh is the first book on this subject and it is the way many people get into the cult. Doesn’t anyone notice? Over the last few years the church has even turned this to their favor. Many OT’s are being told that they are not clear and must do another ccrd or whatever. They are using this to get money from the public. Of course anyone who objects can be made to read the definition of clear and they will see that they must not be clear and they pay up.

Registration.

Most people don’t know that the reg offices in orgs are bugged. They don’t know because in most states, it’s illegal. When I was a reg at LADAY, the offices were bugged. When the reg has a hot prospect in front of him the Dir of Registration is listening in his office. Often the CO of the org is there as well as any other terminal who may be able to “help” close the public person. Remember being regged and the reg would get a phone call, or your auditor would show up, or the CO would step in or the C/S or an opinion leader etc.? They were likely summoned to get in there and help based on what was being heard in the Dir of Reg office. They call the reg and tell him what to say. They send in your auditor or C/S as authority tags. They send in whoever is necessary to get you sufficiently ruined and then closed. This is illegal and highly unethical. It is also very effective.

Ron wrote the policy, I think it was called Registration; lost line. It basically tells the reg to get the money then send the guy back to the d of p where he is then told that he didn’t buy enough and that he needs to buy more for his TE (technical estimate). Then he is routed back to the reg and the reg start all over again. Ron talks about how income went down whenever this was not being done. We have all been on the receiving end of this. It is on the routing form when you complete a course or auditing action. From the outside it doesn’t seem right, does it? With scn, enough is never enough.

How about this. Some of the purported goals of courses & auditing are to make one feel better. Upon completion you are routed to the examiner to attest that you feel better. You most often do feel better so there is nothing wrong up to this point. Here’s where it goes astray. First if you leave the church and sue claiming that it didn’t work, they have a huge pile of attestations (exam reports) where you said it did work. Here is the day to day handling that I don’t like. You just finished an action, you do in fact feel good or even great. You are at some point routed to the reg. the reg acknowledges your win. Then his job is to RUIN you. Find your next ruin and cave you in. This is in policy and it is drilled into every reg. It is Ron’s policy form way back. The reg needs to make you feel bad so that you buy and start the next thing right now. You are not encouraged to go home and enjoy that you are feeling great. You are ruined and regged to within an inch of your life to pay again and do more. Tis is within minutes of finishing a course or auditing action. You are allowed to enjoy the win only briefly until you get to the reg. Now if one believes Ron’s tech on suppression, which most people being regged do, then how come they don’t notice that this is suppressive? If you don’t believe in Ron’s tech of suppression it is just as bad. It’s all part of the control that Ron set up. Anchor points out, slam them back in, get the money. Repeat until the guy is broke. It is the same way that torture works. Ron did this on purpose, not to better the person or the planet but to enrich himself. Interesting. I did it to others when I was a reg and I had it done to me and my family to the tune of probably $500,000 while I was in. What a shame. What a sham.

Wisened One

Crusader
:goodposting: Bill and :welcome: Post more, please! :yes:

And I'm sure the reg's offices were bugged. Not sure if my org did that, (Miami Org) as we (reges. I was a Div 6 Dir. Pub. Reg) were in an open room with cubicles so we could be easily overheard by anyone in the room.

But I do wonder if perhaps our auditing rooms were bugged. (Probably not, as this was the early to mid-90's. They may be now, tho).

dontscamme

Patron Meritorious
Thanks, Bill. :thumbsup:

Since I was a relatively short-term public member only, I didn't experience the worst kind of regging, but what I got was bad enough.

The DMSMH definition of clear resonates with me also. It supports the argument that LRH was blatantly dishonest from the beginning.

Hi bill,

You bring up some very interesting and valid points, I notice that a crack in the armor of Hubbard's con game for a lot of people is the altering of Hubbard's so called "Tech", but knowing what you know now, do you think it actually matter that Hubbard's material was altered? The altering of his material certainly gets people to open their eyes and look at what they have gotten themselves involved in, but it also gives some people a false hope of believing that Hubbard's material did in fact deliver on it's promises at one point and it's just matter of applied his original material, which we all know was never true to begin with.

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi Bill! Thanks for the insight. I was struck by what you wrote about how people are not allowed to enjoy their win before they are "ruined" again.

It would be really cool to develop a set of evidence about the whole registration process, (including Bill's direct evidence about what he knows), along the lines of this wiki page about coerced abortions:

http://wiki.whyweprotest.net/Evidence_of_coerced_abortions

billheichert

Patron with Honors
When you are in you have had ksw drilled into you. so the easiest way to open the eyes of a believer is probably to have them see the alterations. then maybe thay can look for themselves. If they try to point it out to RTC or someone in their org, they will be in for a big surprise or a big lie. I do not want to tell people what to think or believe in but i do wish for people to look and then decide with the facts. If they stay in, then so be it. some people come out and over time begin to realize how brainwashed they were and still are. I have been out about 4 years and I am often noticing patterns of thought that were obviously caused by my time in. I have done my best to "re-boot" myself but just about every week I have to do it again. Ron used enough truth to keep it alive. he gained our agreement that everything he said was true and that it was the only way "out". Once a person subscribes to this, Ron has won. Years and years of this is enough to really do a guy in. I think some of the common problems of those who are in is they lack compassion and love. From day one they are taught to be biggoted (for example the constant use of "wog"). Ayway, i could go on for days. i will continue adding my thoughts over time.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome Bill Heichert

Great to have you here and yes you are doing it right and you made some very good points. The financial extortion is rampant and I believe breaks laws in most if not all states and countries. I will be pushing this in my letters to my representatives.

billheichert

Patron with Honors
more thoughts

Isn't it interesting that when ever they re-release something because they "discovered" that it was incomplete, or in the wrong order or, or, or...such as the pts/sp course, they make the public buy it again. When you buy something at a store that isn't right, they replace it for free. Additionally, DM stands up at events and points out how something was released in it's wrong form or incomplete etc. and then sells the remedy to that error to the public. doesn't anyone notice that he is in charge of RTC who is in charge of making sure that things released are right when they are released? he admits his own incompetence and then get standing ovations for it! he is very good at what he does (con man).

Most people , in or out, don't realize that a few years ago all scn were made to sign some waivers. One was that they were agreeing to taking scn courses "based on the works of lrh". thsy don't get that they were actually agreeing to use altered tech. Even Ron wanted everyone to use his "tec" to further the con, not someone's interpretation or alteration of it. I guess it doesn't really matter since none of it works as promised but this data can be used to help those who are in to see what is going on and then they can dig deeper.

The other waiver that they all willing signed was to give permission for them to be delivered the same rundown that killed Lisa M. ...Too bad...

When you are in you have had ksw drilled into you. so the easiest way to open the eyes of a believer is probably to have them see the alterations. then maybe thay can look for themselves. If they try to point it out to RTC or someone in their org, they will be in for a big surprise or a big lie. I do not want to tell people what to think or believe in but i do wish for people to look and then decide with the facts. If they stay in, then so be it. some people come out and over time begin to realize how brainwashed they were and still are. I have been out about 4 years and I am often noticing patterns of thought that were obviously caused by my time in. I have done my best to "re-boot" myself but just about every week I have to do it again. Ron used enough truth to keep it alive. he gained our agreement that everything he said was true and that it was the only way "out". Once a person subscribes to this, Ron has won. Years and years of this is enough to really do a guy in. I think some of the common problems of those who are in is they lack compassion and love. From day one they are taught to be biggoted (for example the constant use of "wog"). Ayway, i could go on for days. i will continue adding my thoughts over time.

Welcome!

And definitely keep putting your thoughts here. As long as you don't hold it in but tell others it helps you re-boot and over time it will wear off.

Plus your thoughts can help others just getting out or sitting on the fence.

The Anabaptist Jacques

billheichert

Patron with Honors
more thoughts

Everything is created by the mind. Buddha said this. Ron Said this. Many others have said this. I happen to believe it. Now if this is indeed a truth, look at this:
Ron pushed the training side of the bridge. My belief is that he wanted the pc to get the idea of what he was to create so that he would indeed create it so that the expensive auditing would have the appearance of working. I guess you could say that it worked but if the pc hadn’t created it to be audited, then he wouldn’t need the auditing(of course he also needed auditors to perpetuate the endless cycle of cash flow as well)…..this leads me to OT3. You learn about Xenu bts etc. then to ensure that you create something to audit, you do it in clay. This really puts it there for you to call upon when auditing it. It’s obvious that Ron lied when he said that if you read the materials and didn’t audit them, you would get pneumonia etc. after the Time article and after the various court cases where OT materials were made public, there was no rise in the cases of pneumonia. If what he said was true, you can bet we would have noticed.

Another interesting point. In the book Creation of human Ability, Ron had a simple process called “change your mind”. He said in the book that this was really the only process we need. He was probably right. However, since he wanted power & money, he went on to weave the tale that he wove called the bridge.

Shredder

Patron with Honors
Welcome Bill!

:) Excellent you are out and it's been great reading your posts - yes I did notice that the DofP - or your known opinion leader on staff - would come down just at the right moment when in the reg office.

Look forward to hearing more about your experiences Bill.
You have friends and :grouphug:a lot of support on this board.

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
Everything is created by the mind. Buddha said this. Ron Said this. Many others have said this. I happen to believe it. Now if this is indeed a truth, look at this:
Ron pushed the training side of the bridge. My belief is that he wanted the pc to get the idea of what he was to create so that he would indeed create it so that the expensive auditing would have the appearance of working. I guess you could say that it worked but if the pc hadn’t created it to be audited, then he wouldn’t need the auditing(of course he also needed auditors to perpetuate the endless cycle of cash flow as well)…..this leads me to OT3. You learn about Xenu bts etc. then to ensure that you create something to audit, you do it in clay. This really puts it there for you to call upon when auditing it. It’s obvious that Ron lied when he said that if you read the materials and didn’t audit them, you would get pneumonia etc. after the Time article and after the various court cases where OT materials were made public, there was no rise in the cases of pneumonia. If what he said was true, you can bet we would have noticed.

Another interesting point. In the book Creation of human Ability, Ron had a simple process called “change your mind”. He said in the book that this was really the only process we need. He was probably right. However, since he wanted power & money, he went on to weave the tale that he wove called the bridge.

Hi bill,
Welcome to the board!
Per the above statement, what is your defintion of mind?

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Hi bill,
Welcome to the board!
Per the above statement, what is your defintion of mind?
I did a clay demo of that once.. Body, mind and Thetan. 3 separate dollops of plasticine.. To get 'mass' on being exterior.

I realized I could be out of my mind too!

:yes:

Rae

Patron with Honors
Welcome Bill! Great to see you posting. I know you and your family very well and just spoke to your wife a few weeks ago. You guys rock! It's so freeing to just come on out and speak your mind, isn't it?

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great posting, Bill. You'll get the hang of the message board. And the nice thing about ESMB, you don't get hit for reviving an old thread (a topic on the message board).

Was the mission where I met you bugged? Or did it not need to be, because it was so small and you could hear everything anyway?

I always wondered why different terminals would show up, right when they should. LOL!!!