What's new

What I hated in scientology !

beeeaaach

image of time
that thursday at two thing is so random .. I asked a couple sea org members about it once and one of them said that it was based off another system which ron liked and that's why the week ended on thursday at two... instead of friday or saturday or something..

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
that thursday at two thing is so random .. I asked a couple sea org members about it once and one of them said that it was based off another system which ron liked and that's why the week ended on thursday at two... instead of friday or saturday or something..
IMHO it was Thursday at 2 because that gave departments and sections the rest of the day to gather and report their stats, and all day Friday for management to plan their punishments programs for the next week, starting Monday.

(Exception: the academy always ended student point stats Wednesday evening. I suppose it was necessary to make foundation students report their stats before going home.)

Helena

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Me too. I had to retread my first comm course because of this (like you, I wasn't unhappy with the course; I just didn't want to write a success story). I learned, like everyone else, to write a banal success story every time, after that. I now think that the reason for the extorted success stories is so that, once you leave, they can say "but you got wins out of every course. Look, it's in your own handwriting". I recently learned that that's why they often look for excuses to offload you if you are on a leaving staff routing form. They did that to me also, just before I reached the end of the LSRF. I was delighted (but bemused) when they did it, but at the time couldn't understand why they were offloading me, for something I had already had handled before I even joined staff. To compound matters, I had coughed up money for an intensive of auditing, for the LSRF sec-check, on the agreement that I would be given a smooth exit if I coughed up. If I'd known I was going to be offloaded, I would have saved my money.

It's almost the definition of a service facsimile. Scam artists.

W.
I don't get it -- what's the difference between leaving staff and being offloaded? Don't they both get you to the same place?

Helena, being ignorant

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
cleared my "file clerk"
:drama::drama::lol::goodposting::heartflower:

HH - I don't know what sex you are, what your preference is, if you are single and /or even looking for a Two Dee - but would you marry me? I love your sense of humor...your posts brighten my days.

Oh - by the way I HATE the concept of "file clerk" that Tubby laid out and I HATE HATE HATE - the conceptual understanding of De-valuing the whole idea of marriage and family with the phrase "TWO - DEE"....LOL (so when Scientology covertly has you destroy it - no big whoop - have one them there Two Dee's next lifetime..WE GOT A PLANET TO CLEAR"~~

I am taken HH - but if I wasn't by golly ...I would HUNT you down and hug and kiss you or shake your hand (whatever you prefer)!! LOL
If Hoaxie doesn't do it for you, you could always try me! :blush:

Helena Handbasket

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
IMHO it was Thursday at 2 because that gave departments and sections the rest of the day to gather and report their stats, and all day Friday for management to plan their punishments programs for the next week, starting Monday.

(Exception: the academy always ended student point stats Wednesday evening. I suppose it was necessary to make foundation students report their stats before going home.)

Helena
Personally, I thought Thursday at 2:00 was used because people naturally tend to let down on Friday in anticipation of the weekend but by determining a staff member's condition on Thursday, they go into Friday with the desperate realization that they have to bust their asses in order to get their condition up by next week Thursday.

Insert Squirrel Cage emoji here...

Gib

Crusader
Personally, I thought Thursday at 2:00 was used because people naturally tend to let down on Friday in anticipation of the weekend but by determining a staff member's condition on Thursday, they go into Friday with the desperate realization that they have to bust their asses in order to get their condition up by next week Thursday.

Insert Squirrel Cage emoji here...
sorry Blue, that's not it. Hubbard said weekly stats were because Wall Street was too slow in reporting of quarterly stats, or every 3 months. Scientology was a supposed to be dynamic organization reporting daily and weekly stats and Wall Street was too slow in showing growth. It was all rhetoric or persuasion by Hubbard giving a comparison to Wall Street. The bottom line in my opinion was Hubbard wanted money flowing in now, and he wanted to see the results now and or predict them.

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
"Thursday at 2:00pm" was explained in Finance Series 14 (or 12 or something). It was for the convenience of Int management.
Stats reported at Thursday, 2:00 could be sent to management and they could do their "planetary management" functions on Friday and the orgs/missions could begin implementing conditions and plans for the next seek before the weekend (Saturday/Sunday) and have a head start on the next week. (Or something like that.

Jack

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I know. I've read the whole Finance Series. I don't really care what LRH said. It's just my personal opinion that the whole operation was based on control and that control depended on messing with people's heads to keep them tunnel visioned and motivated to work. By doing it this way there wasn't a clear distinction between the work week and the weekend. Friday was effectively Monday in Scio world and if your stats were down Thursday or if you felt uncertain that you could get them up again over the prior week by the following Thursday then you didn't need a senior to tell you to work through the weekend - you did it on your own. After a few years of this it all just kind of blurs together until walking around the corner to buy a packet of Fritos becomes libs.

Reactions: Gib

yeah

Aberrated
Jay: Zed, don't you guys ever get any sleep around here?
Zed: The twins keep us on Centaurian time, standard thirty-seven hour day. Give it a few months. You'll get used to it... or you'll have a psychotic episode.