What's new

Where do I go from here?

Patron
Where do I go from here?

This is a question that I have asked myself lots of times since disconnecting from scientology. Therefore,this thread is about the different teaching of wisdom and beliefs. What path have you chosen or found interesting?

1) A person showing interest in Scientology reads a book or takes a course because he is probibly curious to find answers about himself & life.
2) He then might contribute, (donate) join staff or the SO because he trully wants to or thinks that he can help others. (or so he is made to believe)
3) Hopefully he then wakes up someday and finds himself in the trap and gets the hell out of there.:hotwater:

This message board is filled with members that have experianced points 1,2 & 3 of the above.

Even though we were suckers for falling into the traps of scientology, I truely believe that we are seakers of wisdom and freedom of whatever it may be.

As a newbie, I have found this site to be full of support, care, consern & help from it's members, for it's fellow man.:clap: Not to mention the humor, that I have half killed myself laughing.:roflmao: Therefore I'm very interested to know what you are doing (practicing), what your beliefs are & your stable datum in life is.

What have you experianced that works for you.
Is it yoga, christianity, books on philosophy or is it just belief in yourself. What path have you chosen since the Big Blow.

So far I have chosen the path of Free Solo Processing and have discovered lots of truths in the book "The Power of Now" and found it very effective.

Who's first?

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
For me the most vital thing was to rediscover who I was before the brainwashing. That included the goals I had given up. I was going to study Art before I was told that clearing the planet was more important. So I studied at degree level, part time. That did my self esteem a power of good. I also do things that really help people, people with learning disabilities who need the help to be independent in their own lives. I wanted to help people, but the scam didn't, this does.

Taking ethics tech seriously for a moment, loosing your goals and being a hard nosed bitch SO member means that you are in treason to yourself. Finding out who you really are is part of the process of recovery. Not that I 'believe' in the ethics tech, just that even by it's own rules, scientrollogy screws you up.:no:

Slowly I have come to like myself and to know that I am not what they told me I am, (a degraded being and an SP).

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I went back to what worked (or sort of worked) before Scn. I'm back in counseling. Which as been a huge benefit to my well being. And I went back to my "moral code". Treat others as I want to be treated.

It's been "struggle" getting back to me. But it's been worth every minute of it.

Patron
For me the most vital thing was to rediscover who I was before the brainwashing.

I agree. I am still rediscovering myself at this point in time. Before the brainwashing, I had lots of self determinism and integrity. Over the years in the pot, much of this was striped from me, piece by piece.

That included the goals I had given up. I was going to study Art before I was told that clearing the planet was more important. So I studied at degree level, part time. That did my self esteem a power of good. I also do things that really help people, people with learning disabilities who need the help to be independent in their own lives.

Well done on replanting your purpose. I think that rebuilding the foundations would be an excellent idea after coming out the pot.:thumbsup:

The thing that really got my attention was your, " find out who you really are" step. You know, I do believe that the conditions has a way of doing good for a person. The problem is that the cult uses the conditions to meet there own ends. I think that if a person uses the condition for the right reasons it can sometimes be of value. I see your " Find out who you really are" as a fundamental step that any Ex-Scn should take.

Thanks for your imput to this thread. It has given me something to think about as a newbie and I think it could benifit other newbies in the future as well.

Patron
I went back to what worked (or sort of worked) before Scn. I'm back in counseling. Which as been a huge benefit to my well being. And I went back to my "moral code". Treat others as I want to be treated.

It's been "struggle" getting back to me. But it's been worth every minute of it.

The purpose of this thread is to inspire ourselves to what works for us. If counceling is working for you at this point in time, good for you.:clap:

"Treat others as I want to be treated". I'm with you 100% on that one. Did LRH not mention something like that in the way to happyness some where?
No it can't be. I must be mistaken because there would be a vialation to the cult's belief if he did say something like that.

Thanks for your input.

Good Luck.:thumbsup:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron

You should read my counseling thread. It's pretty damn amazing how much I've accomplished in less than a year. All the things that were NEVER handled in the CofS. I'm nearly done with my counseling. It's been a blast to see the results. However, getting the results haven't been easy at times. But I have an awesome counselor, which really helps.

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
I've studied many different religions after Scientology but they did not work for me. :no:Then I was an atheist for several years.:angry:
Did not work either.:no:
I'm still trying to sort things out..:confused2:
It's takes time. Takes longer for some people than for others

smartone

My Own Boss
Where do I go from here?

This is a question that I have asked myself lots of times since disconnecting from scientology. Therefore,this thread is about the different teaching of wisdom and beliefs. What path have you chosen or found interesting?

1) A person showing interest in Scientology reads a book or takes a course because he is probibly curious to find answers about himself & life.
2) He then might contribute, (donate) join staff or the SO because he trully wants to or thinks that he can help others. (or so he is made to believe)
3) Hopefully he then wakes up someday and finds himself in the trap and gets the hell out of there.:hotwater:

This message board is filled with members that have experianced points 1,2 & 3 of the above.

Even though we were suckers for falling into the traps of scientology, I truely believe that we are seakers of wisdom and freedom of whatever it may be.

As a newbie, I have found this site to be full of support, care, consern & help from it's members, for it's fellow man.:clap: Not to mention the humor, that I have half killed myself laughing.:roflmao: Therefore I'm very interested to know what you are doing (practicing), what your beliefs are & your stable datum in life is.

What have you experianced that works for you.
Is it yoga, christianity, books on philosophy or is it just belief in yourself. What path have you chosen since the Big Blow.

So far I have chosen the path of Free Solo Processing and have discovered lots of truths in the book "The Power of Now" and found it very effective.

Who's first?

I've found my answers and it has nothing to do with Scientology.

Also, since I left, I can happily spend so much more time pursuing my dancing career. :dance3::happydance:

Patron

You should read my counseling thread. It's pretty damn amazing how much I've accomplished in less than a year. All the things that were NEVER handled in the CofS. I'm nearly done with my counseling. It's been a blast to see the results. However, getting the results haven't been easy at times. But I have an awesome counselor, which really helps.

Kathy I have read your thread and all I can say is Wow. You are a great insperation for others. Your determination to win is awesome. I am very happy to see that you, despite all odds, grabbed the bull by the horns and did something that truly worked for you.:happydance:

From what I got out of your story, the key words were trust, confront & will power. You are truly a fine example of hope after the pot.

What also really touched me was the amount of support that this board has given towards your journey. But there again, this board is not made up of ordinary people.

All the best and thanks for sharing.

Patron
I've studied many different religions after Scientology but they did not work for me. :no:Then I was an atheist for several years.:angry:
Did not work either.:no:
I'm still trying to sort things out..:confused2:
It's takes time. Takes longer for some people than for others

Thanks for your input.

From my viewpoint, each one of us had a different track in the pot. I fully believe that CofS affected us all because it has the tech to deal with each and every "CASE" if you know where i'm coming from.

Yes I do agree with you that time heals. I have experienced it myself.

I am realy interested what religions you have tried. If it's ok with you, please give me some more data.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've looked at many things since scientology.

Including Rosicrucianism, Theosophy, the Tao, mysticism, Eckhart Tolle, Sedona Method of Releasing and Headlessness (Douglas Harding).

I found all of them useful.

Things chimed in with my mystical christian experiences pre-scn and I had always tried to glean the mystical out of scientology which wasn't always easy! :duh:

Anyway after scientology, Western Occultism like the Rosicrucians and Theosophy challenged the Scn concept of the dwindling spiral in that they teach that lifetimes are an evolution towards Enlightenment or Bliss or Cosmic Consciousness.

I found this refreshingly optimistic compared to Hubbard's gloomy prognosis of what happens to one in his dwindling spiral model of life. I realised mystical occultism is wonderfully freeing whereas scientolgy is hopelessly controlling.

Then I found more modern methods whereas the occult is steeped in historical obscurity.

Of particular benefit was the Sedona Mehtod, where I discovered a wonderfully easy way to release or let go compared to the complicated scn procedures (I had been a well trained and successful auditor for many years in the CofS).

Here was a simple system of letting go of the hurt and failure of Scn and it built upon my Scn experiences both as a PC and an auditor. Letting go or "keying out" as Ron called it was surprisingly simple, using the Sedona Method.

Life became simple fun.

I then moved on to the transcendental or mystical again using mystical meditation, Echart Tolle, etc. So many wonderful teachers have willingly made paths for us to follow without stupid dogma. Ron now seems to me to have been a cruel user and abuser of people's hopes, by comparison to other nobler souls.

Finally I re-found headlessness which I had first contacted before scn and all fell into place for me. The mystical, and the mundane. I saw what was really here, right here.

This mystical unexpressable reality, that I entered scientology to try to find, was not in that dry slave-technology. It was here right here where it had always been!

The nameless namer, the unchanging changer, the seer unseen, here, right here! :happydance:

Here's what TS Eliot has to say as an expression of that which cannot be expressed:

At the still point of the turning world. Neither flesh nor fleshless;
Neither from nor towards; at the still point, there the dance is,
But neither arrest nor movement. And do not call it fixity,
Where past and future are gathered. Neither movement from nor towards,
Neither ascent nor decline. Except for the point, the still point,
There would be no dance, and there is only the dance.

Time past and time future
Allow but a little consciousness.
To be conscious is not to be in time
But only in time can the moment in the rose-garden,
The moment in the arbour where the rain beat,
The moment in the draughty church at smokefall
Be remembered; involved with past and future.
Only through time time is conquered.

May we all find the still point of the turning world - as we surely will! :)

ScnRebel

Patron
One of the big difficulties I had with leaving Scientology was having to admin to myself that Scientology does not actually have a road to Total Freedom. Once I confronted that, it was easy to disconnect. But there was a big hole in my life.

I had been involved with Scientology for 20 years, 10 of those on staff. My sole purpose was to get myself up the Bridge and help others. One of the things that I had to confront was the fact if Scientology did not have the answers, who did. Did anyone?

My wife and I have spent since then researching the different practices out there from all sorts of avenues, having a look at each and trying to evaluate them. The other thing I have done is put into perspective what Scientology does actually achieve, and how it achieves it, taken from a viewpoint of what gets done on it's "OT Levels". I have also been auditing on FreeSolo for a few months. The results have been good, put into their correct perspective. How far will this take me? I am not sure.

Do I think there is a road out? Yes, but it is not a well marked out. I don't think Scn has it. I think there are various people that have the answers in bits and pieces. Someone is going to have to put the materials together in a Scientific way, and have them properly validated. How that will get done, I don't know.

So for me personnaly, I will continue auditing on FreeSolo and see how far it takes me. I will then also continue researching, and finding alternatives.

In the mean time I will enjoy life being out of Scn.

namaste

Silver Meritorious Patron
From my viewpoint, each one of us had a different track in the pot.

Bingo

I have heard that refered to as dharma (not to be confused with Dharma) which, from my understanding, basically suggests one's own spiritual path which may differ somewhat from others'.
Whether or not these paths ultimately lead to the same place I do not know.
I got that definition from a video interview here, btw.
Different interviews on this site have been really influential in my own journey. Lots of useful information.
There is also a plethora of information all over the net if you care to take the time and look around for it.

I can really relate to your position as I find myself in a similar one. I got involved with Scientology for a specific reason myself. I was looking for a solution to maintaining a state of high awareness that would happen to me now and then. A state that I knew was my true self as opposed to a lesser state which was the norm for me.

I still think that parts of Scientology and LRH theory are useful but the church itself has gone off the rails and is useless to me anymore so I tend to keep my own counsel -- something that Hubbard discouraged and that I hold him in contempt for to this day. However, I am also grateful to him for some things that I have picked up from his work -- one item in particular that I have just begun to check into more in the last couple of days. (The pineal gland thing, so as not to create a mystery here.)

One thing that I have learned, at least for myself, is that each of us has an inner "higher self" that is forever trying to guide us on our spiritual journeys. It is a non-physical part of you and if you will ask it to provide to you what you may need those things will kind of "magically" show up for you to check out and learn from.
Tolle's The Power of Now is one such example that we seem share in common. It was really big for me and kind of fell into my experience right when it was needed.
I kind of felt that I was catching a wave at that time and more and more things have followed on this wave. I am once again excited about living and doing better and better all of the time.

I don't consider myself an expert on any of this and am, in no way, insisting that I am "right" about it; just thought I might add something to the thread in hopes that it may be useful somehow. There are many here that have much to contribute.

Welcome 20000000 :)

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
I went to a couple of different churches myself. I just can't bring myself back to organized religion, which is interesting. I used to think that people who told me they don't believe in organized religion were too scared to be part of a group or that they simply could not make up their mind. But I get it now that I have come as far as I have in my cult recovery.

I have my faith in God, I don't need to be part of an organized group to have that. I think the other big thing to struggle with is what do you fill your time (and thoughts) up with now that you aren't filling it up with scientology. I have the perfect answer for everyone - go out and LIVE. It is wonderful. You will love it and only learn to appreciate your newly found freedom until you do it.

Of course this all was after an obsessive dive into the internet, books and magazines in search of the truth.

auntpat

Patron with Honors
Just enjoying life

I am 75 and I left Scn 36, or there abouts, years ago. I have spent those living and enjoying. All during that time I have studied many books, to many to number. I would recognize a piece of truth when I read it. I was a Christian (Baptist) for several years and got to know Jesus pretty well. Left the church because I felt I had graduated. Still reading and learning.

At this stage of my life, in a wheel chair, 24/7 on oxygen, I am considering what I will do after death. I am planing to go to heaven, not reincarnating this time, but staying with the Masters and continuing my spiritual growth.
Looking forward to it. I am still enjoying studying and still learning every day.

God helped me to walk away from Scn before the really crazy shit started. I had completed OT1 and was a class 6 auditor. The wins that I had on my lower levels I used in life. Droppped the things that weren't useful. Hadn't thought about Scn for many years then found this site on the web. I had no idea of how insane and abusive it had become. I really admire and honor the people, here, who went through the hell that it became.

Now I want to do anything I can to stop the madness. Not much I can do in my place but I do pray several times a day and I know Mother and Father God are listening. They will help those who are fighting for the end of CO$.

I am glad that you are here and have the chance to read their stories and how they have recovered and become the giants they are.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
I found the Baptist church to be within my interpretation of how God has both acted in my life and wishes me to act in others. Find a path that you accept as yours, it will lead you to the end you desire.

Patron
I've found my answers and it has nothing to do with Scientology.

Also, since I left, I can happily spend so much more time pursuing my dancing career. :dance3::happydance:

Smartone.

What type of dancing do you do?

I am also interested in what dancing does for you. Is it the aesthetics, the energy, action, control. Please tell me more.

Patron
I've looked at many things since scientology.

Including Rosicrucianism, Theosophy, the Tao, mysticism, Eckhart Tolle, Sedona Method of Releasing and Headlessness (Douglas Harding).

I found all of them useful.

Things chimed in with my mystical christian experiences pre-scn and I had always tried to glean the mystical out of scientology which wasn't always easy! :duh:

Anyway after scientology, Western Occultism like the Rosicrucians and Theosophy challenged the Scn concept of the dwindling spiral in that they teach that lifetimes are an evolution towards Enlightenment or Bliss or Cosmic Consciousness.

I found this refreshingly optimistic compared to Hubbard's gloomy prognosis of what happens to one in his dwindling spiral model of life. I realised mystical occultism is wonderfully freeing whereas scientolgy is hopelessly controlling.

Then I found more modern methods whereas the occult is steeped in historical obscurity.

Of particular benefit was the Sedona Mehtod, where I discovered a wonderfully easy way to release or let go compared to the complicated scn procedures (I had been a well trained and successful auditor for many years in the CofS).

Here was a simple system of letting go of the hurt and failure of Scn and it built upon my Scn experiences both as a PC and an auditor. Letting go or "keying out" as Ron called it was surprisingly simple, using the Sedona Method.

Life became simple fun.

I then moved on to the transcendental or mystical again using mystical meditation, Echart Tolle, etc. So many wonderful teachers have willingly made paths for us to follow without stupid dogma. Ron now seems to me to have been a cruel user and abuser of people's hopes, by comparison to other nobler souls.

Finally I re-found headlessness which I had first contacted before scn and all fell into place for me. The mystical, and the mundane. I saw what was really here, right here.

This mystical unexpressable reality, that I entered scientology to try to find, was not in that dry slave-technology. It was here right here where it had always been!

The nameless namer, the unchanging changer, the seer unseen, here, right here! :happydance:

Here's what TS Eliot has to say as an expression of that which cannot be expressed:

At the still point of the turning world. Neither flesh nor fleshless;
Neither from nor towards; at the still point, there the dance is,
But neither arrest nor movement. And do not call it fixity,
Where past and future are gathered. Neither movement from nor towards,
Neither ascent nor decline. Except for the point, the still point,
There would be no dance, and there is only the dance.

Time past and time future
Allow but a little consciousness.
To be conscious is not to be in time
But only in time can the moment in the rose-garden,
The moment in the arbour where the rain beat,
The moment in the draughty church at smokefall
Be remembered; involved with past and future.
Only through time time is conquered.

May we all find the still point of the turning world - as we surely will! :)

Jesus, Lionheart. I see why you call yourself Lionheart.:clap:

You have been around the block a couple of times after you came out the pot.

You have also given me a few things to do some research on and keep me busy for some time.:thumbsup:

Thanks for your contribution to this site.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Where to go isn't so hard to answer. The tricky question is how to get there.

I've got lots of different ways to take charge off very effectively, most of them available in the PaulsRobot repetoire. But there's a lot more to do than just take charge off.

The most promising way I think I've found to change behavior is Cognitive Therapy, as summarised in an excellent book by Judith Beck entitled Cognitive Therapy: Basics and Beyond.

When I finally get around to making good use of it (definitely a thing that needs changing!), I'll make further comments here.

Paul