What's new

Tom Cruise has lured my friend into Scientology

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennWonderful

Patron with Honors
Eeek...Jenn, you may not realize this, but Gotta was in a punishment detail in CofS called The Rehabilitation Project Force (RPF). She knows a lot about it.

One thing I know about it from reading and talking to those who were, is that people in the RPF are often not free to leave. As in deliberately kept captive. There are many many accounts of it. Further, the RPF is a punishment detail for staff members. Staff members do not pay to be in the cult. They work and they are often kept up nights without sleep and given lousy food and packed like sardines into awful rooms. They have their belongings gone through without their permission, too.

Now, if you or someone else were to point out that people join CofS out of choice, they'd be correct up to a point. When a person joins a group (nobody says "Hey, a mean cult that will enslave me! Where do I sign?") that they think is cool but which later turns out to be and have been a cult, bit by bit, their free will is stripped away. Not just from brainwashing, but from actual events wherein people literally hold them prisoner. CofS does it to staff. Plus even if you aren't staff, they blackmail other types of members into staying. That's not free choice.

I realize you didn't know this, but I'm letting you know now.

Also, what was this thing about posting about this thread on The Tipping Point? I'm a bit confused about that.

But in any event, I don't mind your being here and other than the Tipping Point forum question I have, I'm inclined to take you at face value. But you know, even if you were doing something else here, I think in the long run that discussing the possibility of someone being in the cult and not knowing what to do or understanding exactly what could happen are worthy of discussion, whether those involved truly exist or are fictional.

If you're for real, I don't know that your attitude is off kilter in any way, as has been suggested. I think that your posts would be in character for someone who did not have the depth of experience many here have had. And the frequent posting could be just the new toy phenom. I mean, on another thread someone said that your ceasing to discuss on this thread (I guess you disappeared for a little while) was a possible indication that you were OSA and yet we've got people saying that your coming in and replying a lot is an indication you are OSA. So let's see. If you stop arguing, well, it's cuz you were busted and are really in league with OSA. If you stick around and argue, it's because you are in league with OSA. Interesting conundrum!

Now as far as the contributor who said people here who seem mean are mainly just tired of bullshit, hmmm, maybe but only sorta. I think it's only true of those who lose their tempers in isolated circumstances. If it happens lots and lots, well, then something other than that is the case.

Of course, I had no idea. The only story I have read of someone that was in that environment was the guy interviewed in the Village Voice article posted a ways back and while he talked as though it wasn't pleasant he didn't say that it was so torturous either. That would be an awful thing to go through and would take a very long time to recover from. If you could even recover. That makes sense in that she seems like such a good person but there was something I didn't understand. No one should ever have to go through that. What I don't understand, if that so many people have been in these prisons why hasn't the government shut them down? That type of treatment should not be acceptable under any circumstances. It is illegal and immoral. Is this still happening? I hope she realizes that some of us that aren't familiar really have no idea and could never even begin to understand what that would be like. I have never heard of The Tipping Point? There was a post that someone quoted me as saying but it was someone making fun of me. Was it in that? Exactly. I can't win. I rarely start a post but reply to others. I feel obligated too. Some of the ones that make a crude remark or have posted the same thing I skip. But if someone genuinely posts to me or about me I feel I should answer. Not because I am OSA but because I think it is polite. I disappeared from the thread because I am ready for it to end. The only reason it serves now is to explain all that has already been explained a few times over. But then as you said I disappeared and then that made me OSA. I was outed! You can never make everyone happy I guess. This is the same as any forum. There are those that keep the insanity going, those that disagree with them and revert to PM's and then the moderators that try to make both sides see the good and bad of both. You have done an exceptional job of seeing the value in all sides!

JennWonderful

Patron with Honors
What, specifically, have I denied?

There's also Folks that believe the Lunar Landing never happened and nothing will dissuade them from that position...some of these people are ignorant, some are fools and all are pitied.

Yes, I know she's read some stories, as have you...ergo my statement, "You’re obviously literate, however, you chose to us your literacy to defend, justify and plead for the right to be ignorant. I know what I'm about to say is harsh but, it is from my Heart and being a parent of four, now adult, children...Your interaction here strikes me as that of an intelligent, petulant, self absorbed and still adolescent "Adult".

Non bias is not a thin line but cognitive dissonance is...your not "leraning" to be "non bias", IMHO, you're, "vigorously defending your position of "sincerity" of choosing to remain naïve, "innocent", interesting and melodramatic."

Peace. :yes:

Face:)

I sure have a way with words today, don't I? I didn't mean that you were in denial. I have a terrible habit of quoting a post and then speaking generally. I am trying not to go too far in either direction mainly and trying not to show my personality too much. And I tried to ignore your insults because insults are a waste of my time. I try not to form a strong opinion about any subject that I am not educated in. Speak of me in any terms, tone you choose. You don't know me, anything about me or my personality, my age, my background. Not ONE thing other than what I tell you here and who knows how much of that is the truth. I don't owe anyone any insight into me or my personality. I came here for one purpose and it was stated in my first post. And the details I provided in relation to that are accurate. As you may have noticed, I am not into insulting people or name calling.

JennWonderful

Patron with Honors
Jenn, I'm not trying to give you a bad time but I really think you should read about Scientology + RPF. If you do a search, you'll find out a lot.

I would also encourage you to google the YouTube vids by Sheila Huber. My husband and I have done so, and although we'd previously talked to a LOT of people about it, I have to tell you, those were very very enlightening.

My advice to you is to tread very carefully with the Godwin's Law and Scn thing...if you read about the RPF and watch the vids, you may see what I mean.

I will do some research and watch the videos. I have heard of RPF. Mainly in the ex-kids website. I have never heard of Godwins law so I will look into it. Thank you for the guidance.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well Jenn, I think your 1st post's purpose has been completely handled long ago.

Your friend's lost to the cult. No big deal. Let her have her "religion". Move on with your life as she will with hers.

People are doing stupid things all the time. That's life.

JennWonderful

Patron with Honors
Scientology definitely has its gulags. It is the same ilk of organisation, only somewhat fettered because it is not yet allowed to legally get away with a lot of stuff. They still do heaps of illegal shit and they are responsible for a lot of deaths. As Hubbard said, "Somebody some day will say ‘this is illegal.’ By then be sure the orgs say what is legal or not." - L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter, 4 January 1966, "LRH Relationship to Orgs"

Also per Hubbard people like us should be disposed of "quietly and without sorrow".

HUBBARD IN HIS OWN WORDS

That is "sacred" Scientology "scripture". Now you see why we do not want a Scientology world.

I have limited knowledge of anything Hubbard said directly. Most of the quotes I have heard are really out there. I am surprised so many people have joined over the years knowing these things. I don't mean those that joined before the internet but those that still do.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
There has been so much said since then that I do not remember. you guys have broke me like the Scientologists do. I'm brainwashed and am forgetting my own posts. What's next? I will be joining with her?

You started a thread about your friend and carefully guarded the precious secrecy of her name.

Then, you posted that you revealed the precious secrecy of her name to Carmelo Orchards.

Later, you claimed that you do not know anything about having revealed her name to Carmelo Orchards and asked who said that. ( A poster then copied your own posts where YOU said it)

Now, you claim that you "do not remember" revealing her name to Carmelo Orchards. And you play it off as a lame joke.

HELPFUL HINT: Do you now see why you are not taken seriously by many here?

JennWonderful

Patron with Honors
I've got an idea that might help.

Stop posting.

You got what you came for. You may have been legitimate when you first arrived - I really don't know. But you're just here to cause noise now. I ALWAYS give the benefit of the doubt to newbies. It's my great weakness. I'd rather believe people than not. But you are over the top.

Actually, I am fine with the thread closing. But there is an easier answer. Ignore the thread. It is not mandatory reading. You have no insight into my intentions and your post just adds to the noise you speak of ...Outside of a few posters it is beneficial. Today I have learned things I did not know happened or maybe are still happening.

JennWonderful

Patron with Honors
How can you be afraid of your friend joining $cientology and then say it's a path to enlightenment? :duh:

I share the beating of the head. Most people here are EX-Scientologists. When they joined it was for a positive reason, right? That was before they knew how bad it was. They signed on the dotted line seeking enlightenment. People have said that to me before. I do not think and have not said I think it is a path to enlightenment. Way out of context.

Purple Rain

Crusader
I have limited knowledge of anything Hubbard said directly. Most of the quotes I have heard are really out there. I am surprised so many people have joined over the years knowing these things. I don't mean those that joined before the internet but those that still do.

Well, you signed up to it just the same as everyone else. It's no different for other people. It is all sitting on the shelves of the Scientology bookstore right there for anyone to browse, read or buy. You can go into the org and read them any time.

The difference is in knowing the truth and supporting them anyway. Even those that support the 'tech' here decry the abuse.

Mini Me

Retiree
Actually, I am fine with the thread closing. But there is an easier answer. Ignore the thread. It is not mandatory reading. You have no insight into my intentions and your post just adds to the noise you speak of ...Outside of a few posters it is beneficial. Today I have learned things I did not know happened or maybe are still happening.

So now you're fine with the thread. A moment ago you were "you guys have broke me like the Scientologists do. I'm brainwashed and am forgetting my own posts. What's next? I will be joining with her?" :bigcry:

Are you bipolar by any chance?

JennWonderful

Patron with Honors
As we used to say in Scientology, "THAT'S IT!"

As we didn't used to say in Scientology, but should have, "Xenu Bring Order!" :coolwink:

I'm sorry, but having multiple people man a single account on different shifts is a typical OSA tactic going back to the ARS days. Indeed, in this area (e.g., Scientology criticism online), only OSA does so, only OSA has the resources to do so, and only OSA has the pathetic, brain dead, fixed idea, delusional, obsessive compulsive, "Make it go right!" incentive and mentality to do so.

So what was this? An amends project? Part of someone's Liability formula? A "brilliant" stratagem to get personal information? A well thought out (snort) plan to learn what we might know about TC?

A suggestion to whoever is manning the "Jenn" position right now: It is important for whoever is about to take over a "Jenn" shift to arrive, say, 30 minutes before assuming posting duties and read all of his or her predecessor's "Jenn" posts since his or her last shift in order to minimize contradictions. This should really be part of the Jenn Checksheet.

People may be wish to continue to converse with the Jenn Body Thetans. I think I may be done.

[PREDICTION: "Jenn" will now call me "mean," or feign ignorance and ask what a Body Thetan is, and/or otherwise refuse to address the substance of this post by engaging in the typical Scientology cowardly, non-confront tactic known as "change the subject!" I could be wrong. YMMV]

Wow. You guys have no room for error. I mean this jokingly but I wouldn't want to married to you ;) I am kidding. I am only human. I have made a lot of posts and I can't recall all of them. I am not an OSA shift member. But I am starting to feel like a drained robot. You are one of my favorite posters though!! You always make me laugh when so many others make me want to scream.

JennWonderful

Patron with Honors
Oddly I was watching a movie called "The Pianist" tonight. Showed the slowness and the dark attitudes and what people can become to continue to survive. I've seen it a couple times, I really like it.

Reminded me of the hardcore scn'ist's attitudes I experienced. Cept for one thing, I signed up. To this day I wonder about myself.

Jenn. if I were you I'd concentrate on your family and let the outside nonsense sort itself out. I wish I had done that.

I stated this in the other thread. My friend knows what has been said here and is not speaking with me. When you signed up i'm sure you had good intentions like everyone else that does. You can't beat yourself up about it. It's obvious you wised up and now you can have a normal happy life.

JennWonderful

Patron with Honors
Perhaps from Wordperfect??

Does anyone still use wordperfect? No. You do it like this... Hit the quote reply button. Look at the format options above where you would type. Type a sentence. Hit the 12th button from the left. It is directly to the right of the X2. It was create a grey line below your sentence. Then type a few more words and hit submit. Will someone please do it so this issue can be rested?

Free Being Me

Crusader
I meant it to be more sarcastic. I'm not a mean person. But you did compare the two. I don't think it is ok. That's why I am here. But is has nothing to do with concentration camps. There is a HUGE difference from the Nazi's coming into peoples homes and shooting people or dragging them off to concentration camp vs. someone seeking enlightenment through Scientology. I get that once people signed up it may have seemed like a concentration camp but you can never compare the two. You can hate me but that is just a place you can't go. I don't see how anyone can defend that comparison.

How can you be afraid of your friend joining $cientology and then say it's a path to enlightenment? :duh:

I share the beating of the head. Most people here are EX-Scientologists. When they joined it was for a positive reason, right? That was before they knew how bad it was. They signed on the dotted line seeking enlightenment. People have said that to me before. I do not think and have not said I think it is a path to enlightenment. Way out of context.

There's your quote and as previously quoted by me, in complete context. All you Jen's should compare notes before making fools of yourselves. Hint: post history is quotable. :biggrin:

JennWonderful

Patron with Honors
And might as well kill this thread at the same time:
"JennWonderful has lured my friends into a thread"
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?29801-JennWonderful-has-lured-my-friends-into-a-thread

Otherwise the conversation from over here will just switch to the other thread. :omg:

Don't blame it on me. I left and you guys kept it going. And even missed me so much you created a thread in my honor ;) I said a long time ago that I wish it would be locked/closed whichever.

JennWonderful

Patron with Honors
JennWonderful,

If your friend is getting into scientology, then she's getting into scientology.

Just say goodbye to her.

End of.

I hope you are wrong but you are probably right. This is a new thought for me today based on some information Claire posted. I don't see why anyone would want to join knowing all of this. And I am surprised anyone does. It's making me wonder if anyone is joining or if they have to make do with the people they have.

Xenu's Boyfriend

Silver Meritorious Patron
Jenn Wonderful,

I just want to say that, (and I'm posting this in both threads), despite what it may seem like to you, you've gotten a lot of love on this site. Some of it is "love-love", and some of it is "tough love", but it is all love - and by love I mean attention. Those who don't believe you have still given you great advice, and those who do believe have been sticking up for you, holding a space for you to be listened to and supported.

I read an article today about Tom Cruise dating a woman very publicly and I thought about your friend. I think he may be on a campaign to find another girlfriend quickly, if for no other reason than to humiliate Katie Holmes publicly - I think T.C. can be vindictive and cruel when he wants to be. It made me wonder again if your story was true. But I have to say, I still have a lot of doubts, and I'm not changing my mind about my earlier posts.

If, by some slim chance, your story is true, then in the end, it doesn't matter whether it is believed or not. When you got to the emergency room with a broken leg, you may tell them you slipped from a skateboard, or Big Foot tripped you, or a bus ran over it - it doesn't matter. All that matters is that they treat you and ask questions later.

In other words, I feel you've gotten a lot of "treatments" here - sane, thoughtful advice about what to read, what to consider, what to avoid, what to expect. Use that information, whether it came for a supporter or detractor of yours, to make an informed decision that will help you and your friend. If people seem to be against you, perhaps I should speak for myself, it may not only be about you, but about maintaining the integrity of the site. No matter what happens in here, the bottom line is: the church is dangerous and destructive and should be avoided. What I think about your story doesn't matter. Use this information to help your friend, yourself, someone else. If the story isn't true - then I think that is sad. But you're probably telling someone's story, somewhere. That doesn't excuse lying, but it does mean that even through a deception, healing can take place.

XB

JennWonderful

Patron with Honors
A
You started a thread about your friend and carefully guarded the precious secrecy of her name.

Then, you posted that you revealed the precious secrecy of her name to Carmelo Orchards.

Later, you claimed that you do not know anything about having revealed her name to Carmelo Orchards and asked who said that. ( A poster then copied your own posts where YOU said it)

Now, you claim that you "do not remember" revealing her name to Carmelo Orchards. And you play it off as a lame joke.

HELPFUL HINT: Do you now see why you are not taken seriously by many here?

Again, I really did forget that I posted that. I made a mistake. I have made many in life and made one here. I will make many more in the future. Are mistakes not acceptable on this forum? It isn't that big of a deal!! Have you or anyone else here never said something and forgot? I simply forgot I posted that. Then I didn't want to reveal who I told and tried to avoid the subject. Then you guys said I already revealed it. End of story. It's not a joke. It is a mistake. But it is a joke that you guys are that stringent.

Status
Not open for further replies.