What's new

FCDC circa 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herb Zerden!

herb zerden...

when kathie and i split in june of '74 we decamped to her parents place in philly coming back later for the stuff in our apartment and we took a city bus over to I95 and started hitchhiking

and who should pull over to pick us up but herb zerden...

so we get in and asks what we're doing and i said (the nazarene instructs to speak the simple truth) "well, we're splitting". herb looks at us and says "...i don't know if i should do this..."

but he did

and this i thought to be really cool...

scientologists are mostly really decent people. some will just be pure scienonazis but most will put aside policy for the moment and just be human when they recognize it to be appropriate

i was quite surprised to learn herb's life took the trajectory it took...

and bill downey hasn't been mentioned recently

it was a thrill for me when he showed up in '73 as we had known each other in high school back in ipswich mass. i was class of '67 and he '66 but we had had one french class together when i was a sophomore

very sad when i learned on this thread he had died of cancer; bright guy and very hip dude...

and a typical male jerk, of course...

married leslie shields and they had a daughter and then divorced and... ain't this enough to gag a maggot?... for no reason so much as leslie was totally flat-chested.

so many big tits in the world and none in his hands

actually, they were the first fcdcers we reconnected with. it was early in '77. kath and i and our newborn son were living in somerville and visiting my mother and stepfather up in ipswich one day nd i needed a pack of smokes. i walked down to the little neighborhood mom&pop variety store where i bought my penny candy as a child walked in and mirable dictu! there is leslie shields...

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
Tom Lane: E/O, Dir I+R under Waters; Course Admin under Judge; Staff Course Sup under Gloor. July 72

Last edited:

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
I have a couple of public. Ricky Westlake and Ralph Boehm. Westlake retired from a good govmint job recently. Ralph Boehm was a violinist as I remember and he played for me once when I was on staff. I about had a cow when I saw his email listed in a forwarded message to me. The email was pics of a party lots of musicians I know had for another violinist I know who was moving to Mexico. I did not know about the party, but Ralph hit me like a ton of bricks. I emailed him to ask where I knew him from. He had no clue, said he taught in Fairfax schools and did strolling gigs with my friends, that perhaps I knew him from them. I was not about to bring up the dreaded S. I just didn't answer his relply.

I have a couple of public. Ricky Westlake and Ralph Boehm. Westlake retired from a good govmint job recently. Ralph Boehm was a violinist as I remember and he played for me once when I was on staff. I about had a cow when I saw his email listed in a forwarded message to me. The email was pics of a party lots of musicians I know had for another violinist I know who was moving to Mexico. I did not know about the party, but Ralph hit me like a ton of bricks. I emailed him to ask where I knew him from. He had no clue, said he taught in Fairfax schools and did strolling gigs with my friends, that perhaps I knew him from them. I was not about to bring up the dreaded S. I just didn't answer his relply.

what was the name of ralph's wife?

anyone remember john fudge? he was an officer in the navy reserve i think

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
what was the name of ralph's wife?

anyone remember john fudge? he was an officer in the navy reserve i think

I don't know..but she was pictured in the pix I got. Don't know a Fudge....

BTW, it was 1812/1814 19th Street. I went by there last summer, and the maggie tree is flourishing. There is a plaque in front of
1812 commemorating our dear leader.

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah I got Paul on the first list.

I didn't know Dennis Dubin was ever on staff.

But now that you mention Paul again I thought of Dennis Dilbeck.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Dennis Dubin wasn't on staff.

DennisDubin.jpg

He died from cancer in 2008. Treated it with Scientology. It worked soooo well.

This Dubin was. This guy cracked me up sometimes.

Stan-Dubin-2.jpeg

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
Holy shit there were a lot of us.

No wonder we only got paid $25.00 a week... oh wait there was another reason. :omg:

Status
Not open for further replies.