What's new

Scientology Santa Barbara closes it's doors...

FoTi

Crusader
Yes, thank you.

I checked the SMI listing for missions: it shows three worldwide!
http://www.smi.org/directory/organizations/missions/index.html

Paul

I called....it's a little after 7pm Tues 4/15/2014

Boulder Mission doesn't answer....it's just an answering machine.....leave a message and they'll call you back.

Palo Alto Mission....their website doesn't even come up on this link. I googled the Palo Alto Mission....there is a website with a phone number. I called the number and got a message..."Unable to complete your request" so the call wouldn't go thru. Are they still there?

I don't know about the one in England....I'm not going to call there....it's too far away from the U.S. Did you try calling there to see if they still exist?

Are there really any missions left?

Maybe they all died?:unsure:

FoTi

Crusader
Didn't Mike Rinder put out a flyer that showed the Santa Barbara people, and mentioned the Idle Org coming there???? I think the bldg is being sold, and another is in the works, already, or will be soon. Just a guess. :omg: But I can HOPE is is defunct. :whistling:

DM is prolly selling off the buildings as the orgs die.....lining his pockets.....getting ready for his end game and departure to somewhere in a far off land where no one can get to him....laughing all the way about all the suckers he duped.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I called....it's 4:30 pm Calif time. Just an answering machine. Said...leave a message. Called again....someone answered....said "Dianetics and Scientology"...so I guess it's still open. :-(

Not necessarily. The calls are probably being forwarded to someone's house.

Anonycat

Crusader
I called....it's a little after 7pm Tues 4/15/2014

Boulder Mission doesn't answer....it's just an answering machine.....leave a message and they'll call you back.

Palo Alto Mission....their website doesn't even come up on this link. I googled the Palo Alto Mission....there is a website with a phone number. I called the number and got a message..."Unable to complete your request" so the call wouldn't go thru. Are they still there?

I don't know about the one in England....I'm not going to call there....it's too far away from the U.S. Did you try calling there to see if they still exist?

Are there really any missions left?

Maybe they all died?:unsure:

Palo Alto is gone. I posted about that a page or so back.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Santa Barbara org was NEVER St. Hill size.

Not even close.

Not even even close.

It was never very busy. However, if the SB org is closed it's significant news because so many "glamorous" Scientologists have lived there for so long.

However, look how the crowds in Clearwater are shrinking. So SB closing down is consonant with the shrinking Clearwater scene.

TG1

meekodev

Anonymous Raccoon

Not even close.

Not even even close.

It was never very busy. However, if the SB org is closed it's significant news because so many "glamorous" Scientologists have lived there for so long.

However, look how the crowds in Clearwater are shrinking. So SB closing down is consonant with the shrinking Clearwater scene.

TG1

It was always Mission size, never big. As with a lot of property in SB it's more symbolic. I've wondered for a while about this Ideal Org business as we never have seen a lot of business. There used to be a joke that Mayo had more people than the mission ever would. It was never St Hill size, nor will it ever come close. I think making an Ideal Org is Davey's fundraising pipe dream. It looks good on paper but isn't going to happen.

The local population is generally well educated as we absorb a lot of UCSB grads. Also SB is in the most expensive top 20 list of high rents in the nation. We also had defense and tech companies move right outside in neighboring Goleta.

The only reason Chabad has been able to grow is they tap into the established Jewish base and falsely represent themselves as orthodox. Scientology doesn't have any base to tap into.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I was just checking to see where the closest cult bunker is, and I saw that it is listed in Ventura, about a 45 minute drive south.

It's at 180 N. Ashwood in Ventura, which looks like an office building. Nope, that's where it was.
https://www.google.com/maps/@34.276...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sqE6xkc2hhkyKHaNIHBSPaA!2e0

This is their present location and, this building is for sale: 3295 Telegraph Rd, Ventura, CA 93003
https://www.google.com/maps/@34.272...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sudmteqzZczvg11KTz2UevA!2e0
http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/16529877/3295-Telegraph-Road-Ventura-CA/

Description

PRICED TO SELL AT $157 PSF FOR CLASS B OFFICE BUILDING!
This 2 story office building is located in Midtown Ventura and has high identity facing Pacific View Mall. Formally Bob Hope Insurance offices, it has good office lay out and private parking. Price Reduced, Motivated Seller

Bye, Scientology!

I love that final closing: "Bye, Scientology!" LOLOLOLOLOL

Also, for the Santa Barbara (and all other soon-to-be-closing) Scientology Orgs, that copy work above needs a slight tweak to make it perfect.

FIFY

PRICED TO SELL AT $157 PSF FOR CLASS B OFFICE BUILDING!
This 2 story office building is located in Midtown Ventura and has high identity facing Pacific View Mall. Formally Bob Hope Insurance offices, it has good office lay out and private parking. Price Reduced, Motivating Seller

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
We should tell John P. Capitalist - he mentioned he may be interested in turning defunct Orgs into a storage unit business.

HelluvaHoax!

Not necessarily. The calls are probably being forwarded to someone's house.
ORG RECEPTIONISTS
(Day and Foundation)

RTR2GX0K.jpg

HelluvaHoax!

Not even close.

Not even even close.

TG1

Nothing is St. Hill size.

Not even St. Hill.

Considering the huge number of highly trained Scn auditors and OTs (that St. Hill had in its prime), the only place I can think of that is currently St. Hill size is ESMB.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Nothing is St. Hill size.

Not even St. Hill.

Considering the huge number of highly trained Scn auditors and OTs (that St. Hill had in its prime), the only place I can think of that is currently St. Hill size is ESMB.

Fuckin' A.

Except for the bank accounts (wherever the hell they are), there's not a lot left.

I know some people who were in the cult who have moved far away from Los Angeles or Clearwater. They never answer the church's calls. They've changed their phone numbers multiple times. They haven't been in an org or the Shrine auditorium for a decade or longer. They haven't been on course or held the cans for longer than that. They no longer donate money to the cult. Some of them don't own computers or go on the internet for fear the cult would find them that way -- and for fear they might hear from old friends who've left the cult and might share "entheta."

Caught in the middle, they're paralyzed and terrified they might hear something that would prompt them to do or say something that would make people they love disconnect from them.

They're the most "in hiding" people I know. They're hiding from the cult, from old friends who are out of the cult, from popular culture, from the media.

They're a mess.

TG1

Anonycat

Crusader
Scientology has closed both locations. The mission at 180 N. Ashwood Avenue is now Rincon Environmental Consultants. http://www.rinconconsultants.com

The 3295 Telegraph Rd. location is now a mortgage loaning business. http://askmad.com/1st_Allstate_Lending_CO_Ventura_mortgage_lending-inf_hhkhaho

The Rincon site says they are located at 180 North Ashwood Avenue Ventura, California 93003. http://www.rinconconsultants.com/locations/

And ...

http://www.linkedin.com/company/rincon-consultants-inc?trk=ppro_cprof

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
It was always Mission size, never big. As with a lot of property in SB it's more symbolic. I've wondered for a while about this Ideal Org business as we never have seen a lot of business. There used to be a joke that Mayo had more people than the mission ever would. It was never St Hill size, nor will it ever come close. I think making an Ideal Org is Davey's fundraising pipe dream. It looks good on paper but isn't going to happen.

The local population is generally well educated as we absorb a lot of UCSB grads. Also SB is in the most expensive top 20 list of high rents in the nation. We also had defense and tech companies move right outside in neighboring Goleta.

The only reason Chabad has been able to grow is they tap into the established Jewish base and falsely represent themselves as orthodox. Scientology doesn't have any base to tap into.

Do you consider Chabad to be a cult? I know a couple Lubavitchers and they don't seem as bad as the Ultra-Orthodox I saw in Israel who were non-Chabad. One even sent his son to other faiths to see how they practice when he was a teenager. I mean, I am not sympathetic to Orthodox of any stripe, be they Jewish, Christian fundies, or Wahabbists, but these guys seem fairly normal. Both are MDs.