What's new

7-1 PREDICTIONS for the Village Voice Top 25 Crippling C of $

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh my Gawd! I'd forgotten the Top 10 began Monday for the Village Voice Top 25 people Crippling Scientology!

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/09/jason_beghe_top_25_crippling_scientology.php

8 Is Mike Rinder, already.

Here is my prediction for the 7-1:

Ok, predictions for7-1

1) L Ron Hubbard--because Had he not written the stuff, we wouldn't even be here.
Along on # 1 should be Gerry Armstrong who without what HE did, we would not be here, either.
2) Davey boy Miscavige--who ordered the TC video off of the Net
3) Tommy Cruise--who showed the world how nuts a Scientologist can be on AM TV and caught Anonymous' attention after his "You're either in or you're out" video was ordered off of YT
4) Anonymous (or they may be #1)
5) XenuTV--and WBM, who has helped expose a TON
6) The Australian Crew (I know they were added to #14--but really they deserve their own #...but that's true for many in #14, too.
7) Marty Rathbun and gang.

Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Time is on **Our** side!!!! :omg::biggrin:

Love to ALL :rose:

Tory/Magoo

Veda

Sponsor
Oh my Gawd! I'd forgotten the Top 10 began Monday for the Village Voice Top 25 people Crippling Scientology!

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/09/jason_beghe_top_25_crippling_scientology.php

Ok, predictions for7-1

1) L Ron Hubbard--because Had he not written the stuff, we wouldn't even be here.
Along on # 1 should be Gerry Armstrong who without what HE did, we would not be here, either.
3) Tommy Cruise--who showed the world how nuts a Scientologist can be on AM TV and caught Anonymous' attention after his "You're either in or you're out" video was ordered off of YT
6) The Australian Crew (I know they were added to #14--but really they deserve their own #...but that's true for many in #14, too.

Tory/Magoo

That's a perfect list. Have you posted it to the Village Voice blog? It's just right. :)

Maybe having Gerry Armstrong as number two would be better though, rather than sharing number one with Hubbard.

And then Miscavige as number 3.

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
Maybe P. Cooper..... when one look at those videos,one start to realise what Fair Game is.....
Big hello from Bulgravia......and :scnsucks:.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Great predictions Tory!

For a one week period beginning Monday all of us can submit our own Top 25 List to the Village Voice.

Then on Sept 28th the results of all OUR voting will be announced.

Village Voice

At noon on Monday, September 19, just a few hours after we reveal #6 in our countdown, we will open voting so that you can submit your own lists of 25 people contributing the most to Scientology's nosedive. For one week, until noon on September 26, just after we reveal #3 on our list, you'll have the chance to tell us your own picks.

On Wednesday, September 28, we'll reveal our #2 pick at 9 am, our #1 pick at 11 am, and then the results of your vote at 1 pm.

(This is all contingent, of course, on the bourbon holding out here in the underground bunker. And the e-meter not losing power. And other stuff.)

SpecialFrog

Ok, predictions for7-1

I'd swap 3 and 4 and replace 6 with the SP Times but otherwise I think yours is a pretty decent guess.

A.K. Myers

Patron with Honors
That's a perfect list. Have you posted it to the Village Voice blog? It's just right. :)

Maybe having Gerry Armstrong as number two would be better though, rather than sharing number one with Hubbard.

And then Miscavige as number 3.

No. It is perfect as it is. Davey boy is a piece of number two!

:coolwink:

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Good list !

Several things come to mind and one is not all that many years ago it would have been damn near a death sentence to publish such a list and the other thing is too many to begin to list have contributed to what will be the ultimate death of Hubbardology worldwide.

To the Crusaders who didn't get acknowledged publicly - or correctly - for their ( sometimes behind the scenes ) contributions I trust that they take great pride in their accomplishments in this struggle.

I hope all stay in this until it is finished !

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron

Ok, predictions for7-1

Tory/Magoo

Tommy Davis was already mentioned, so was Paulette Cooper. Paulette shared her spot with other journalists, but, in my opinion deserved one of her own. If we liken the battle to expose the Cof$ to a WWI infantry assault to storm enemy trenches, then we can say that Paulette was the first to hit the barbed wire and therefore was a huge target for the enemy riflemen. She was severely wounded but lived to tell her war stories. She deserves a separate and special commendation.

Pete

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Veda--Thanks and Yes, I did post this list to the Village Voice in
MR's comments. (Latest one as of Sept 15).

koki: Oh yes! Paulette Cooper, for SURE should be there. I thought she had
been part of one of the earlier ones. No?

Type4_PTS:

Great predictions Tory!

For a one week period beginning Monday all of us can submit our own Top 25 List to the Village Voice.

Then on Sept 28th the results of all OUR voting will be announced.

Thank you SO much for mentioning this! I had not seen this. Hopefully many people do submit their lists. Do you the link we send it to?

Special Frog..got it re the switch, as far as importance, for sure. I'm just not sure if Anonymous would have been in this (re C of $) had TC's video not been ordered off of YT. My understanding, per their words, is that IS what got them going in *this* are.

I'm trying to post the link to Anonymous' first picket/final version...but it won't come up. Here it is: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4dcig_road-to-february-10-2008-final-vers_news

If you have one that works, please post it here. Thank you!

A.K. Myers----Hope you'll submit your list, too, Thanks.

Auditor's Toad: Oh so very true: Thank you for mentioning all these people. There are literally thousands, around the world, who have and are helping in this fight, who either are not known at all, (Due to their choice) and work behind the scenes. Their work has been and is Invaluable.

Pete: No question, Paulette (and many others) should have their own #. What a challenge to even come close---with SO many valuable warriors/fighters/courageous people. Please DO send them
your own list. :cheers: TO ALL.

My love to all :rose:
Tory/Magoo

Last edited:

Gadfly

Crusader
Paulette Cooper was THE PIONEER of the "Scientology critic movement"! :thumbsup:

She boldly went where nobody had gone before. And cleared a new path through very rough woods that many others have since followed in some way and to some degree.

(I may be wrong in her being the first. There might have been another who came out with a book before her.)

SpecialFrog

Well, apparently we all get to make our own lists on Monday to be voted on at the end of the process.

Veda

Sponsor
Another figure in this drama is U.S. District Court Judge Charles R. Richey, who was responsible, in 1979, for releasing - for photocopying - the many documents seized by the FBI during their raids of Scientology headquarters in Los Angeles and Washington, DC, in 1977.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
I'd swap 3 and 4 and replace 6 with the SP Times but otherwise I think yours is a pretty decent guess.

I'd go with your swap of 3 and 4, but I'd leave 6, add 7 as SP times and leave Marty off the list.

I'd award Marty title Captain of the Paddle Boart or Commodore of the Golf Cart, but, otherwise he gets a dishonorable mention from me - LOL !

Marty still wants to "reform" scientology.
WTF does anybody thinks that means but "pure" Hubbard sci'ology?

SpecialFrog

Marty still wants to "reform" scientology.
WTF does anybody thinks that means but "pure" Hubbard sci'ology?

What he wants is less important than the consequences of what he does. Moxon and Davis presumably don't want to cripple Scientology either, but they do.

Marty was crowing about the media coverage of the SquirrelBusters being bad PR for Miscavige, but non-Scentologists don't look at those videos and think, "Man, those Church of Scientology people acting under orders of David Miscavige are nuts". They think, "Man, Scientologists are nuts."

Despite all his goals of rehabilitating the image of Hubbard and Scientology, I think he is doing further harm to both.

And for this, I salute him and think he should be included in the list. :)

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
What he wants is less important than the consequences of what he does. Moxon and Davis presumably don't want to cripple Scientology either, but they do.

Marty was crowing about the media coverage of the SquirrelBusters being bad PR for Miscavige, but non-Scentologists don't look at those videos and think, "Man, those Church of Scientology people acting under orders of David Miscavige are nuts". They think, "Man, Scientologists are nuts."
with you about
Despite all his goals of rehabilitating the image of Hubbard and Scientology, I think he is doing further harm to both.

And for this, I salute him and think he should be included in the list. :)

Oh, Marty is doing some harm to the "image" of Hubbard and scientology - that I'd agree with you about.

Many of other people on the list have done real - and serious - damage to the "church" of scientology and changed the perception of scientology by many in law enforcement, courts, and out among the dreadful wogs .

Marty still remains a pretender.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Auditor's Toad....I don't know you, nor have I ever met
Marty, in person. However, I have been to parties and spoken with people who not
only left in a matter of days, but went over to his Blog and posted their
names and that they've left C of $. This is HUGE for me,
as I've spent Years and years with literally a small handful of people willing to say their names,
let alone speak out.

You may not consider that much...I do. Is it ONLY because of Marty? Hell
no, and I've posted on his blog, for months ..the actual time track of the
critical movement...M and M being WAY at the end, after MUCH MUCH work
done by TONS of other people.

However, whether you like the man or hate the man is your choice.
To me..what matters is people getting OUT and Speaking OUT...and that
he has assisted with, no matter how you, or anyone else, feels about him.
This is based on what people now OUT have told me.

I'm with you in that yes, hopefully he shall expose more things he knows
about. This needs to be done, and I think it is being done...inch by inch.
It isn't a small matter...I never said it was, never will say it is. However,
how people come out is often way different than what you, or I may hope
for. All I can do is be thankful for what IS happening, and to date...a
Hell of a lot is happening that is great, around the world, thanks to many people.

Blessings to ALL :rose:

Tory/Magoo

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Thank you SO much for mentioning this! I had not seen this. Hopefully many people do submit their lists. Do you the link we send it to?

You're very welcome. :yes:

I don't have a link but I'm sure that Tony we'll have something on his blog on Monday where he'll tell us how to vote.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Auditor's Toad....I don't know you, <snip>

[ We mostly passed in the halls for many years, but, once we did have a short exchange. I'm just not somebody you'd remember ].

<snip>

M and M being WAY at the end, after MUCH MUCH work
done by TONS of other people.

[ I completely agree, and that is one of the points I tried to make in an above post ]

<snip>

However, whether you like the man or hate the man is your choice.

[ I do not trust Marty. True, I do not like him. Hate? nah]

<snip>

This is based on what people now OUT have told me.

[ Of course, I'm thrilled with every person that gets out and everytime somebody does not get in ]

<snip>

However, how people come out is often way different than what you, or I may hope
for. All I can do is be thankful for what IS happening, and to date...a
Hell of a lot is happening that is great, around the world, thanks to many people.

[Couldn't agree more]

<snip>

Blessings to ALL :rose:

Tory/Magoo

Tory, no doubt Marty has gotten people out of what he sees as DMs version of scn.

It would appear to me that Marty has never wavered from being being gung ho LRH and what LRH wrote.

I have to wonder out loud is what Marty trying to build not based exactly what is wrong with scientology?

Most people who leave ( not all ) seem to go through well there was a mis-application of the tech but remain loyal to LRH and their gains. Then comes DM is messing it up.
Then comes some policy is, well bad. Then comes LRH not only wrote the bad policy it is what he intended to write, etc. of leaving is a path. I just don't see Marty moved far enough away ( as in still loyal to Hubbard ) to not still be very dangerous.

As with all things, time well tell.

Should Marty turn out to be a good guy, I'll apologize profusely.

And to others : Please note I have long respected Tory and her tireless work in regards to exposing the "church" of scientology for what it is and what it does.

Kindly do not mis-construe that on one point I disagree with someone I respect very much that that means anything other than that : I disagree with Tory on one point - and, hell, I diasgree with my beloved wife more than once a day- LOL !

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Tory, You deserve your own number too.
Boy Howdy does Tory ever deserve her own place high on the list !

Tory has a unique and powerful style that has helped no one will probably ever know how many people not only leave scientology but also helped - and helps - countless thousands more from ever getting involved with it in the first place.

... and she has had to put up with real life OSA ops being run against her.

She continues to WIN !