What's new

Back in the real world. Hello!

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome!

I'm new here also, and I've been deprogramming for years. It's a slow process but a necessary one.

I used the Wipe The Slate Clean approach and decided that ALL of hubbard's writings were garbage, in one way or another. That way I would not lose time trying to figure out which ones worked a little, which ones almost worked, which ones couldn't work,... etc. ad infinitum et nasuem

This site is great! Many learned X's here, some of them are hilarious!

Best of luck and well wishes!

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
The Mission in Belfast is doing extremely poorly. I was recently over in London at the Tottenham Court Road org and was talking to some poor bookstore girl who worked some ridiculous amount of hours there: I told her that Belfast have sold about two books in the last five months and she was horrified.

The org in Belfast only survives because the owner of the construction services business on the top floor is a Scientologist and pays the rent. Looking at the org's finances in the last few months, the average intake is probably about £1.50 per week and there are (to the best of my knowledge) no Scientologists paying for courses there, all are staffers.

Gosh, it must be so demoralizing for the staff. I'm glad to hear that no one is being sucked in, but sad for the staff. So, you've obviously left relatively recently . Welcome, raydarNI. I look forward to hearing some more about your experience.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
Looking at the org's finances in the last few months, the average intake is probably about £1.50 per week and there are (to the best of my knowledge) no Scientologists paying for courses there, all are staffers.

Ah yes, freeloader debt stats are the best!

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome: raydar!
I am a former Scientologist from the UK and I thought it would be interesting to connect with others who have landed back on the real world after jumping off Hubbard's road to nowhere.
Interesting? OH YEAH!! We're allowed to read stuff and watch TV out here, and even talk to each other! :omg: :happydance:

Anonycat

Crusader
We Love EXES!

Welcome, RaydarNI!

Deprogramming yourself sounds ambitious and healing. Welcome back to freedom! :happydance:

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
I am a former Scientologist from the UK and I thought it would be interesting to connect with others who have landed back on the real world after jumping off Hubbard's road to nowhere.

I was a staff member at a small SMI Mission in Northern Ireland. I did not reach any high levels in Scientology, but I was a FZ practitioner before I joined the CoS. I left because I couldn't go on lying to myself about a) Scientology or Dianetics actually working or b) L. Ron Hubbard being a good, praiseworthy man when neither is the case.

I'm currently de-programming myself with a few books such as 'Messiah or Madman' and enjoying not having to give up my time writing letters to people begging them to come to the Mission for 'free introductory services'.

In short, Hello!

G'day and WELCOME to the Board, RayDar! I'm a newbie myself.
:)