What's new

Bob and Trish Duggan propping up South Africa Scientology Ideal Orgs

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Bob and Trish Duggan propping up South Africa Scientology Ideal Orgs.

Please take note the identities of the people who are propping up the Scientology Ideal Orgs in
South Africa.

From the South African Independent Scientology blog, Scientologists getting back in comm:

Meet your new Ideal Org Whales
http://backincomm.wordpress.com/2014/03/22/meet-your-new-ideal-org-whales/#more-1206
Excerpt:
Meet the Duggans. Bob and Trish, pictured here with 3 of their 7 children – the latest South African Ideal Org Whales.

Having already donated a substantial amount of money to South African Ideal Orgs, they first started donating towards the end of 2012 to Pretoria, and now, according to an email being sent around by Philip Park, have just donated another R5 Million towards the purchase of the Joburg North ideal org building.

Bob Duggan was closed to donate to South African Ideal Orgs towards the latter half of 2012 after a meeting was coordinated between him and OT Committee members in conjunction with Charmaine Rodgers (daughter of Sadie Lurie).

They have just been featured in the latest Impact Magazine (Issue 140) as having achieved the IAS’ highest status of Diamond Maximus with Honours – an award expressly created for them. Prior to this award, the Duggans were reported as already having donated in excess of $20 Million (approx R200 Million) to the Church, making them the largest donors to the Church ever.

diamond-maximus-with-honours.gif

Robert W. Duggan, the Church of Scientology’s biggest donor and the chief executive officer of Pharmacyclics Inc. (PCYC), which makes an experimental treatment for chronic lymphocytic leukemia, has become a billionaire after the company’s shares tripled in a year.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Will there be a pharmacy counter in the new IDEAL org? Maybe they will even have a special counter for Anonymous to pick up their pay checks.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

Please take note the identities of the people who are propping up the Scientology Ideal Orgs in
South Africa.

From the South African Independent Scientology blog, Scientologists getting back in comm:

http://backincomm.wordpress.com/2014/03/22/meet-your-new-ideal-org-whales/#more-1206
Excerpt:

What' that old saying " A FOOL AND HIS MONEY SHALL SOON PART"!:yes:

Robert Duggan has got to be completely gone - or his ego has matched that of Miscavige. Wonder why Tom Cruise has not stepped into the Boots - no time for vacations Tom - YOU have a planet to clear!:whistling:

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
Yes but if you have a billion dollars (a thousand million in US terms), $20 million is small change. The Duggans will not face repossession just yet. But they do need to face the real character of their alleged 'religion'.

David C Gibbons

Ex-Scientology Peon
It is just a shame that that wealth is not going to something actually useful to South African Society, like improving education for the poor kids in that country. Corporate Scientology very likely isn't going to improve conditions for anyone but themselves with those buildings. Unless...wait, it's coming to me! Miscavage will be turning all of the empty Ideal Orgs into orphanages - that has been his secret plan all along!...Right?

secretiveoldfag

It is just a shame that that wealth is not going to something actually useful to South African Society, like improving education for the poor kids in that country. Corporate Scientology very likely isn't going to improve conditions for anyone but themselves with those buildings. Unless...wait, it's coming to me! Miscavage will be turning all of the empty Ideal Orgs into orphanages - that has been his secret plan all along!...Right?

Does he need more orphans? What happened to his Haitian slave-masters?

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes but if you have a billion dollars (a thousand million in US terms), $20 million is small change. The Duggans will not face repossession just yet. But they do need to face the real character of their alleged 'religion'.
$20 million was long ago, but yes he is worth around 2 billion.

From Karen#1:

Karen#1 on March 22, 2014 at 8:19 am said:
http://bobduggan.org/
It is not known whether Bob Duggan is ashamed to be connected to Scientology as he studiously avoids the word in his website Bob Duggan the Philanthropist.
Bob Duggan has likely given the *CHURCH* much much more than $20 million. The IAS is only one of the Church money extortion entities. He has vastly donated to Super Power, to Ideal orgs, BASICS,. FREEWINDS, for FSO services, the Ls etc etc etc.
If Charmaine Rodgers is his Registrar, I can guess he has forked over $100 million in the last 35 years….
So now he is funding Ideal Orgs South Africa.
Miscavige ribbon cutting Photo Ops will boast that South Africa is booming out the roof hence the needs for vast new Real Estate. The truth being one whale cut the check.
Now the question is ~~ what is Duggan’s new interest in South Africa ?
Santa Barbara Org on State Street is a grotesque old building that radiates an odor or mustiness and an aging smell. It hits you as you enter. So this dinosaur building exists on Duggan’s door step, no money for Santa Barbara while he sends money to South Africa ? Hmmmmmmmm.

From Tony Ortega:

And for Scientology’s biggest donor, we really had to do some guesstimating. As you could see from our previous list, we came up with $40 million for Diamond Maximus, and maybe another 2 million for “with Honors”?

Bob Duggan and family — Diamond Maximus with Honors ($42 million)
Again, we’re doing our best to estimate these numbers based on the progression published in Scientology’s own 2006 brochure. Duggan might have given less, but he also might given much more.
As Bloomberg magazine reported last year, Duggan became a billionaire when a pharmaceutical company he owns hit the jackpot with a new cancer drug showing great promise in trials.
Besides funding the IAS, Duggan also helped Scientology purchase the Freewinds in 1987, and he’s given generously to Miscavige’s Ideal Org program.
http://tonyortega.org/2014/03/17/here-are-the-wealthy-people-keeping-scientology-alive/#more-13849

BunnySkull

South Africa.

Excerpt:

So how did the cult get a pimp from 1972 to design their IAS trophies? Maybe Issac Hayes hooked their design dept up with Superfly? He must have helped with status titles too.

It looks like a pimp cup.

I do wonder where these morons display these hideous kitsch monuments to tackiness and their own supreme gullibility. It's not something you can just tuck away on a shelf with some other knick-knacks. It's doubtful they have any close wog friends, but I could only imagine their reaction to seeing that thing.

It's the over the top and in such bad taste you think it has to be a joke, but that's actually DM's design philosophy. Nazi navy pimp kitsch.

So how did the cult get a pimp from 1972 to design their IAS trophies? Maybe Issac Hayes hooked their design dept up with Superfly? He must have helped with status titles too.

It looks like a pimp cup.

I do wonder where these morons display these hideous kitsch monuments to tackiness and their own supreme gullibility. It's not something you can just tuck away on a shelf with some other knick-knacks. It's doubtful they have any close wog friends, but I could only imagine their reaction to seeing that thing.

It's the over the top and in such bad taste you think it has to be a joke, but that's actually DM's design philosophy. Nazi navy pimp kitsch.

It reminds me of those chandeliers on that Cadillac in Escape From New York

original.jpg

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Anyone have any thoughts on why the Duggan's would put these odd videos up in the last couple of weeks?

[video=vimeo;88895906]http://vimeo.com/88895906[/video][video=vimeo;88895569]http://vimeo.com/88895569[/video][video=vimeo;89010296]http://vimeo.com/89010296[/video]

TG1

Angelic Poster
Two of those flicks are short slide shows.

But the 2008 UCSB commencement speech is almost 10 minutes. Essentially, it's a lame-ass Scientology speech translated for wogs. Really lame. He starts out by explaining that (not how) "science" will turn its attention in the next 5-10 years to "the science of the mind." He says we'll have a "science of survival." He is predicting that people will be able to exteriorize. He says the real reward in life is "the ability to communicate with others, to share common goals, to receive words of support and encouragement, cameraderie from establishing star-high goals -- that money can't buy." He says, "There's a commodity called joy. There's a method of achieving joy -- simply find another less fortunate than yourself with a need or want you can satisfy, satisfy that for them.... When you decide what you're going to do, don't ponder too long. Let that internal feeling be your judge. The nexus between the material world of science and the spiritual world of conscience ... the deepest well of knowledge you have concerning right and wrong for you. Conscience is a very personal thing, your conscience is an instant index and guide to what you're doing. It embodies imagination, evaluation and prediction. I recently realized that I don't have a conscience, I am a conscience. And so are you."

First, aren't you glad I listened to that shit so you don't have to?

I'm not going to get into why he's basically saying that when he knows something is right, he never questions his knowingness. Hmmm. A dude with that kind of certainty that he's right and a billion or two bucks could do some serious damage if he were, ahem, wrong.

A couple of things:

1. As to WHY he's putting up these things online at this time, I don't have any idea. But throwing "good news" up on the wall like this, out of the blue, is what old-school PR hacks used to do to offer a context and hopefully tone down some bad shit that's coming down the pike.

2. His 2008 UCSB speech reveals what a stone-cold, Kool-Aid slurping Scientologist this dude really is. I've always thought that Duggan was too smart a guy to really believe that shit. Maybe he's not that smart after all. Hell, after listening to this, I'm thinking maybe Miscavige could actually get his hands on Duggan's whole fortune. And that's not good.

TG1

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Two of those flicks are short slide shows.

But the 2008 UCSB commencement speech is almost 10 minutes. Essentially, it's a lame-ass Scientology speech translated for wogs. Really lame. He starts out by explaining that (not how) "science" will turn its attention in the next 5-10 years to "the science of the mind." He says we'll have a "science of survival." He is predicting that people will be able to exteriorize. He says the real reward in life is "the ability to communicate with others, to share common goals, to receive words of support and encouragement, cameraderie from establishing star-high goals -- that money can't buy." He says, "There's a commodity called joy. There's a method of achieving joy -- simply find another less fortunate than yourself with a need or want you can satisfy, satisfy that for them.... When you decide what you're going to do, don't ponder too long. Let that internal feeling be your judge. The nexus between the material world of science and the spiritual world of conscience ... the deepest well of knowledge you have concerning right and wrong for you. Conscience is a very personal thing, your conscience is an instant index and guide to what you're doing. It embodies imagination, evaluation and prediction. I recently realized that I don't have a conscience, I am a conscience. And so are you."

First, aren't you glad I listened to that shit so you don't have to?

I'm not going to get into why he's basically saying that when he knows something is right, he never questions his knowingness. Hmmm. A dude with that kind of certainty that he's right and a billion or two bucks could do some serious damage if he were, ahem, wrong.

A couple of things:

1. As to WHY he's putting up these things online at this time, I don't have any idea. But throwing "good news" up on the wall like this, out of the blue, is what old-school PR hacks used to do to offer a context and hopefully tone down some bad shit that's coming down the pike.

2. His 2008 UCSB speech reveals what a stone-cold, Kool-Aid slurping Scientologist this dude really is. I've always thought that Duggan was too smart a guy to really believe that shit. Maybe he's not that smart after all. Hell, after listening to this, I'm thinking maybe Miscavige could actually get his hands on Duggan's whole fortune. And that's not good.

TG1

I think Lawrence Wright identified it as a 'prison of belief'. I append that with too many hours of 'repetitive imaginings of BTs' creates a habit and a leaning towards 'WHATEVER can be imagined can be achieved'. Some may call if affirmations, some self induced hypnosis.

Maybe it is a combination of 'prisoners of belief' become 'slaves'. A Stockholm syndrome related condition.

Your concern about the diminutive's hands is not misplaced as obviously they are already pocket deep.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think most people will agree that, as human beings, we duplicate people we perceive as having the winning personality. I found this to be true.

When David Miscavige was BFF with Tom Cruise - did Tom Cruise take on Miscavige's valence or did Miscavige take on Tom Cruise's valance?

I think there was equal swopping of valences.

th

th

th

th

th

th

What a bromance? They wear the same clothes and sunglasses. Do the spies living with Tom Cruise call DM right before Tom leaves to meet DM and tell DM what Tom is wearing - all the way down to the sunglasses? HH - would love to have you chime in on how that would roll. Cringe!

Mission Impossible meets Dictator!

When I saw this photo of Whale Bob Duggan - I think there is some valance shifting going on...anyone else think he looks a little like DM? Weathered skin, hair style...if only he would take his right arm and extend it to the end of the table? LOL

BOBDUGGANPharma-1.jpg

th

th

th

Whose the winning valance right now? Does Bob Duggan see DM winning or vice versa? Is this the next Bromance in Scientology?

And what is up with extending the right arm out - palm flat?

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think most people will agree that, as human beings, we duplicate people we perceive as having the winning personality. I found this to be true.

When David Miscavige was BFF with Tom Cruise - did Tom Cruise take on Miscavige's valence or did Miscavige take on Tom Cruise's valance?

I think there was equal swopping of valences.

th

th

th

th

th

th

What a bromance? They wear the same clothes and sunglasses. Do the spies living with Tom Cruise call DM right before Tom leaves to meet DM and tell DM what Tom is wearing - all the way down to the sunglasses? HH - would love to have you chime in on how that would roll. Cringe!

Mission Impossible meets Dictator!

When I saw this photo of Whale Bob Duggan - I think there is some valance shifting going on...anyone else think he looks a little like DM? Weathered skin, hair style...if only he would take his right arm and extend it to the end of the table? LOL

BOBDUGGANPharma-1.jpg

th

th

th

Whose the winning valance right now? Does Bob Duggan see DM winning or vice versa? Is this the next Bromance in Scientology?

And what is up with extending the right arm out - palm flat?

Wait just one cotton-pickin' fuckin' minute here, Hoss.

One of $cientology's biggest whales is the head of a Pharmaceutical Company?

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I don't work in Oncology, I honestly didn't know this.

I guess cancer drugs are OK. As long as the SO doesn't use them. :bigcry:

Leland

Crusader
Wait just one cotton-pickin' fuckin' minute here, Hoss.

One of $cientology's biggest whales is the head of a Pharmaceutical Company?

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I don't work in Oncology, I honestly didn't know this.

I guess cancer drugs are OK. As long as the SO doesn't use them. :bigcry:

I agree! It is utterly ridiculous! So funny. So Incongruent ! Real life stranger than fiction!

secretiveoldfag

What is the link between this story (which allegedly goes back to 2012) and the expulsion from the Co$ in RSA of its leading members (which took place last year, IIRC)?

Had they run out of funds, or were they threatening to take over as Indies, or what? It seems to me that the end result is that SA is now controlled by DM and not by local Scientologists.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
[h=3]
pharmacyclics-inc-logo.jpg

Ramses Erdtmann[/h]

Senior Vice President of Investor Relations & Administration

aboutMember-ramsesEpopup.png

[h=2]Ramses Erdtmann in Scientology's Published Service Completion Lists[/h]The following 12 individual completions for Ramses Erdtmann appear in official Scientology publications:
Ramses ErdtmannACADEMY LEVEL IIISource 491985-11-01
Ramses ErdtmannACADEMY LEVEL IVSource 511986-03-01
Ramses ErdtmannCLASS IV INTERNSHIPSource 551987-01-01
Ramses ErdtmannNEW OT VI SOLO NOTS AUDITING COURSESource 601987-12-01
Ramses ErdtmannHUBBARD PERSONAL ETHICS AND INTEGRITY COURSESource 611988-02-01
Ramses ErdtmannNEW OT VII SOLO NOTS COMPLETIONSource 641988-11-01
Ramses ErdtmannNEW OT VIIIFreewinds 11989-12-01
Ramses ErdtmannROUTE TO INFINITYFreewinds 11989-12-01
Ramses ErdtmannHUBBARD KEY TO LIFE COURSESource 791992-03-01
Ramses ErdtmannHUBBARD LIFE ORIENTATION COURSESource 801992-05-01
Ramses ErdtmannSOLO NOTS AUDITOR CERTAINTY COURSE, PART ISource 1091997-08-01
Ramses ErdtmannSOLO NOTS AUDITOR CERTAINTY COURSE, PART IISource 1111997-11-01

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/r/ramses-erdtmann.html

TG1

Angelic Poster
1. Generally speaking, the current Pharmacyclics executive team is not an impressive crowd.

2. Many are relatively new to Pharmacyclics, having joined in 2012 or 2013.

3. The investor relations VP is an OT8, an interesting and significant role for a resolute, defiant and dauntless dude.

4. The COO is a long-time Duggan mentee whose approach to business is to "have faith."

5. The legal team is IP-qualified and focused, with nary a clue about corporate shenaningans.

My spidey senses are all atwitter.

TG1

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
1. Generally speaking, the current Pharmacyclics executive team is not an impressive crowd.

2. Many are relatively new to Pharmacyclics, having joined in 2012 or 2013.

3. The investor relations VP is an OT8, an interesting and significant role for a resolute, defiant and dauntless dude.

4. The COO is a long-time Duggan mentee whose approach to business is to "have faith."

5. The legal team is IP-qualified and focused, with nary a clue about corporate shenaningans.

My spidey senses are all atwitter.

TG1

Yeah, that sucks for the scientists involved. Duggan seems to have made money early in simpler businesses, then used that wealth to buy a piece of Pharmacyclics. He's certainly not smart enough to have been involved with the actual initial discovery efforts.

The poor fuckers with the actual IP needed seed money to get a clinical trial going (to get to Proof of Concept requires tens of millions, and you still have half of Phase 2 and the whopping expenses of Phase 3 and Phase 4 ahead of you). So, they made a deal with the devil.

The compound itself seems legit, even if the company doesn't. If it's good, someone will buy the patent, even if the company crashes. But the inventors will get a lot less money than they would have otherwise.

If I were a chemist on that team and found out where the business side came from, I would be so pissed off...