Gold Meritorious SP
On Facebook. :biggrin:

11427277_388501744673789_290761205084945352_o.jpg

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
A perfect matched pair of con artists:

[video]https://youtu.be/pFOGKLYb7Rw[/video]

From Tony Ortega:

"The brain trust! Bob Duggan and Grant Cardone think big thoughts and plot the future of Scientology…."

Bob_Duggan_Grant_Cardone.jpg

http://tonyortega.org/2015/07/16/le...-rock-tlc-and-our-interview-with-one-of-them/

Cardone on Twitter:

Grant CardoneVerified account
‏@GrantCardone

Spent two hours with CEO of pharmacyclics who just sold for $22B - He told me "Persistence is quality of the Genius." #10X

https://twitter.com/grantcardone/status ... 2575805440

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Grant Cardone wrote a Hubbard word salad and quoted Bob Duggan's Hubbard canned word salad:

"I recently spent time with the most recent billionaire addition to the Forbes 400 list, Robert W. Duggan. Mr. Duggan just closed the sale of his company Pharmacyclics for $21-billion.

I had the opportunity to spend a couple of hours with him and it turned into three days. Three days with a self-made billionaire can get you a lot of inspiration. We talked about all the things you would think entrepreneurs would; investing, stock market, money, real estate, and economics but even more time talking about importance of helping others, friends, kids, spirituality and breakthroughs in study that can increase competence and confidence.

When I asked Bob about money and finances he said, “you want money? I’ll show you the money! Money is wrapped in knowledge. And knowledge is unwrapped in a breakthrough in study technology. You have to know how to study before you can actually get knowledge.” Robert W. Duggan.

In his offices, you will find open dictionaries where he makes it a habit to look up and completely understand words. Keep in mind here is a guy that makes the Forbes 400 list and is taking the time to look up words. Duggan says, "Cardone when a person fully understand a subject they will naturally move to your 10X mentality because comprehension leads to competence which leads to action!"

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAJoAAAAJDczMmQ2OTRlLTNmMWEtNDkxNy1iYzU4LTc4OTRhN2U1ZGYyOA.jpg

I asked him about this fascination and he said, “look up knowledge,” as he grabs the dictionary, and spouts off the definition by memory, “facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education.”Then he dives into the synonyms, “look here,understanding, comprehension, grasp, command, mastery’ and he isn’t done showing me the antonyms(opposite) “look Cardone it says, ignorance and illiteracy.”

Then he leans over to me and says,“you need to help me get this message to the world - the next generations, your kids, and billions of others, depend on the ability to get knowledge.

Just as quickly he transitions, “let’s go back to your hotel and spend some time with your kids.” When we get there he spends the afternoon with the kids like an eight-year-old. Spending time with a billionaire is probably always a learning experience but this guy is more than that - he is a nice guy, that clearly has an interest in mankind. He set an example for me of what is most important in life."

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/billionaire-bob-duggan-money-knowledge-kids-grant-cardone

OutFO38

Patron
From Tony Ortega:

Whale watching: The wealthy donors keeping Scientology afloat, 2015 edition

DugganInvictus-e1430532221359.jpg

From Impact Magazine:

Caption: "Chairman of the Board RTC acknowledges Bob & Trish Duggan and their children David, Dante and Diana as Platinum Invictus, the highest Honor Status in the IAS."

Dave isn't giving Duggan's adopted children "highest Honor Status"?

http://tonyortega.org/2015/05/03/whale-watching-the-wealthy-donors-keeping-scientology-afloat-2015-edition/#more-22265

Platinum Invictus?! Now that TAKES THE FUCKING CAKE!!! LOL pardon my French.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
From Sec Check, Trish Duggan:

uDorn4q.jpg

Scientologist Patrick Clouden (above) and friends held a fundraiser on July 16th at the Community Learning Center, an Applied Scholastics tutoring school in Clearwater, Florida. Below, Trish Duggan poses with a Tampa Bay Buccaneers jersey. Duggan is the wife of billionaire Bob Duggan, the top Scientology donor in the world. The center held a fundraiser last month with players from the team, and Scientology plans to continue to grow their relationship with the National Football League.
GeXRnqf.jpg

https://seccheck.wordpress.com/2015/07/23/community-learning-center-fundraiser-clearwater-florida/

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
New Billionaire Watch: Three Things To Know About Bob Duggan's Philanthropy

Yes, it's true: We're a bit obsessed with billionaires at Inside Philanthropy, especially billionaires you've never heard of. And why is that? Because it's pretty hard if you're a billionaire to ever spend all your money on yourself and while many of these fortunes will be passed down to heirs, a good number of billionaires will eventually turn to philanthropy at a significant level. Indeed, more do so every year, and often their giving today is merely a prelude to bigger things to come.

All of which is why it pays to get bead on these billionaires now, especially newcomers to great wealth who are already showing an interest in philanthropy.

A case in point is venture capitalist Robert "Bob" Duggan, who recently joined the ranks of the Forbes billionaire list as the former CEO of cancer drug maker Pharmacyclics, which has had enormous success with its drug Imbruvica. Duggan's career has been marked by smart bets in tech and beyond, and he's served as CEO of Computer Motion and Metropolis Media, among others. He's now worth over $3 billion.

Duggan and his wife Patricia also have been engaged in philanthropy, particularly at their alma mater, the University of California at Santa Barbara, and recently came to our attention when he joined a group of funders supporting a Forbes initiative to identify and support social entrepreneurs around the world.

We wondered: What else is Duggan interested in?

Well, for starters, he and wife do have a philanthropic vehicle, the Bob and Trish Duggan Foundation, though the outfit seems to be newly founded, and has yet to be a conduit for much money that we can see. Here's what else you need to know about the couple's philanthropy:

1. UCSB Has Been Strongly Supported

Both Duggan and Patricia attended UCSB, where they met. Duggan has been on the board of trustees of the UC Santa Barbara Foundation since 1989. It's unclear exactly how much money the couple has given the school over the years, but UCSB is the site of, among other things, the Robert and Patricia Duggan Chair in Organic Chemistry Chemistry. The couple has also supported athletic scholarships, supported the creation of a Tibetan Buddhist chair. As well, the family provided the UCSB library with a dedicated room with 5,000 Buddhist Sutras.

2. Support Has Also Gone to Health

The Duggans have supported the Foundation for a Drug Free World, a group established by the Church of Scientology which helps "youths and adults with information so they can make informed decisions and live free of harmful drugs." It's worth noting that the Duggans' son died of brain cancer.

3. Duggan Has Been a Top Backer of Scientology

Duggan has given the Church of Scientology, of which he is a member, some $20 million over the years, making him the church’s largest financial supporter as of 2013, according to Mark Rathbun, former inspector general of Scientology. To the extent that Duggan is well known, it's because of his connection to this controversial church.

It's worth noting that Duggan is 71, and only just recently appears to have created a proper charitable vehicle. But now that he's become a billionaire, the couple should be watched for greater giving down the line.

Related:
Bob Duggan Profile

continues: http://www.insidephilanthropy.com/h...h-three-things-to-know-about-bob-duggans.html

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Grant Cardone and Bob Duggan spit out another word salad:

In front of a live stream of six hundred entrepreneurs from around the world, I asked self-made Forbes List billioanaire, 100, Bob Duggan, "how important is sales to a business?"

In his lively, animated and authentic delivery, "if you have an idea that can make a difference for the better your team has the responsibility to make sure they then get that product to the market."

Duggan goes on to say, "sales is the lifeblood of the organization and allows the business to continue to service its mission. The valuation of your company will be determined by the publics' confidence in the company's future sales."

Before I can get another question in, Bob Duggan says, "whether its Google, Facebook, Pharmacyclics, Starbucks, Tesla or your start-up, the confidence in the company's future is what determines its value and the speed of its growth."

Then Duggan deep dives on this concept, "idea and confidence are the bridge to financial success. The emanation of confidence originates with one in the beginning and then a team. No matter how great the idea it will require continued confidence of energy, resources and persistence. Ideas that truly make a difference for the better reinforced by the right actions (confidence) and proper resources (confidence) can create a powerful unseen wavelength that cuts through previous believed barriers and old stuck ideas resulting in the acceptance of new products, new solutions, new industries and even a new world."

Just to remind you I asked Mr. Duggan about the importance of sales to an organization and he starts talking about changing the world for the better. A great example of Big Think!

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/bob-duggan-talks-sales-grant-cardone

Leland

Crusader
Grant Cardone and Bob Duggan spit out another word salad:

In front of a live stream of six hundred entrepreneurs from around the world, I asked self-made Forbes List billioanaire, 100, Bob Duggan, "how important is sales to a business?"

In his lively, animated and authentic delivery, "if you have an idea that can make a difference for the better your team has the responsibility to make sure they then get that product to the market."

Duggan goes on to say, "sales is the lifeblood of the organization and allows the business to continue to service its mission. The valuation of your company will be determined by the publics' confidence in the company's future sales."

Before I can get another question in, Bob Duggan says, "whether its Google, Facebook, Pharmacyclics, Starbucks, Tesla or your start-up, the confidence in the company's future is what determines its value and the speed of its growth."

Then Duggan deep dives on this concept, "idea and confidence are the bridge to financial success. The emanation of confidence originates with one in the beginning and then a team. No matter how great the idea it will require continued confidence of energy, resources and persistence. Ideas that truly make a difference for the better reinforced by the right actions (confidence) and proper resources (confidence) can create a powerful unseen wavelength that cuts through previous believed barriers and old stuck ideas resulting in the acceptance of new products, new solutions, new industries and even a new world."

Just to remind you I asked Mr. Duggan about the importance of sales to an organization and he starts talking about changing the world for the better. A great example of Big Think!

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/bob-duggan-talks-sales-grant-cardone

Those ideas...taken to an extreme....( of which the Cult excels at ) would cause mayhem and destruction in the world...

(and that is what the cult is trying to do....IMO)

Madame Duran, poster on Tony Ortega's blog, reposted something S/he had seen earlier on Tony's:

"The last time I saw Elena was in a photo that was taken of her and Grant at the Super Power Building. Everyone was flashing a smile but I remember the look of her watering eyes--it was a cross between terror and mania. Other Bunkeroos openly wondered if she cracked mentally. There was something "not right" about that picture (I mean aside from her jackass husband being in it). Haven't seen her since...which makes the Duggar-Cardone buddy shots and her absence all the more suspect. She's usually right there along her hubby at events. Their daughter is with daddy on the Freewinds but no mommy? Hmmm.

Seriously...WHERE IS ELENA CARDONE??? UNDER "BABY WATCH"???..."

Pheryn

Patron with Honors
Madame Duran, poster on Tony Ortega's blog, reposted something S/he had seen earlier on Tony's:

"The last time I saw Elena was in a photo that was taken of her and Grant at the Super Power Building. Everyone was flashing a smile but I remember the look of her watering eyes--it was a cross between terror and mania. Other Bunkeroos openly wondered if she cracked mentally. There was something "not right" about that picture (I mean aside from her jackass husband being in it). Haven't seen her since...which makes the Duggar-Cardone buddy shots and her absence all the more suspect. She's usually right there along her hubby at events. Their daughter is with daddy on the Freewinds but no mommy? Hmmm.

Seriously...WHERE IS ELENA CARDONE??? UNDER "BABY WATCH"???..."

Huh...that's interesting. :questions:

Pheryn

Patron with Honors
*shudders* That man is soooooooo creepy. :help2:

Also, for funsies, I did some minor social media stalking. Elena's been fairly active on twitter, mostly retweets praising her husband and advertising some front group or another -- I'm sure. Honestly, her feed made me wanna :puke: , so I got out pretty quick. Last photo posted was Jul 19th, I think. Maybe she's just recovering from plastic surgery. :confused2:

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
From Tony Ortega:

"Another tipster left us something interesting in our comment section a couple of days ago. It was an email announcing that a last-minute seminar had been put together, and that in just a few days Scientologists could attend a conference on the cruise ship Freewinds with Scientology super-donors Bob Duggan and Grant Cardone."

DugganCardoneFreewinds.jpg

"We were stunned when we saw that email. We knew that Duggan had recently sold his cancer drug company, Pharmacyclics, for about $21 billion and so perhaps he has some time on his hands, but it seemed extraordinary that Scientology could get him and Cardone, who seems to have about ten different motivational speaking companies going, to appear at a Scientology event on last-minute notice. You would think it would take months to book those guys. But they’re apparently willing to drop everything to hang with their fellow thetans on the high seas. We asked Mike Rinder what he thought of if."

“Yeah, Duggan is also at the ‘WISE Convention’ at the Marriott Burbank Airport. It seems the pressure is on — if they want to be in the ‘Big Being’ Club with Dave and Tom, they need to do more than just give money. You can’t buy status in Miscavige’s church, apparently,” Rinder told us. “But if you think about it, it’s actually thebest way to ensure continued flow of cash from someone with a lot of money. Have them participate in the scam themselves. They are far less likely to balk and walk away from the rip off if they are involved in it. Because if they just continue to be soaked for money, sooner or later they realize they are being taken to the cleaners.”

http://tonyortega.org/2015/08/12/sc...esperate-straits-scientology-finds-itself-in/

From Bob Duggan's webpage it sounds like he is no longer involved with Pharmacyclics:

"Most recently, Robert Duggan served as the Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Pharmacyclics until 2015. For more information on Pharmacyclics, please visit their webpage: www.pharmacyclics.com."

http://robertduggan.com/

The company that paid 21 billion for Pharmacyclics apparently didn't require or want Duggan to stick around. Duggan got 3.5 billion out of the deal and seems pleased to give his money and time to Scientology. He also seems to enjoy hanging out with Grant Cardone. Proof that someone can make lots of money but still have no "common sense".

Last edited:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
From Tony Ortega:

"Another tipster left us something interesting in our comment section a couple of days ago. It was an email announcing that a last-minute seminar had been put together, and that in just a few days Scientologists could attend a conference on the cruise ship Freewinds with Scientology super-donors Bob Duggan and Grant Cardone."

DugganCardoneFreewinds.jpg

"We were stunned when we saw that email. We knew that Duggan had recently sold his cancer drug company, Pharmacyclics, for about $21 billion and so perhaps he has some time on his hands, but it seemed extraordinary that Scientology could get him and Cardone, who seems to have about ten different motivational speaking companies going, to appear at a Scientology event on last-minute notice. You would think it would take months to book those guys. But they’re apparently willing to drop everything to hang with their fellow thetans on the high seas. We asked Mike Rinder what he thought of if."

“Yeah, Duggan is also at the ‘WISE Convention’ at the Marriott Burbank Airport. It seems the pressure is on — if they want to be in the ‘Big Being’ Club with Dave and Tom, they need to do more than just give money. You can’t buy status in Miscavige’s church, apparently,” Rinder told us. “But if you think about it, it’s actually thebest way to ensure continued flow of cash from someone with a lot of money. Have them participate in the scam themselves. They are far less likely to balk and walk away from the rip off if they are involved in it. Because if they just continue to be soaked for money, sooner or later they realize they are being taken to the cleaners.”

From Bob Duggan's webpage it sounds like he is no longer involved with Pharmacyclics:

"Most recently, Robert Duggan served as the Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Pharmacyclics until 2015. For more information on Pharmacyclics, please visit their webpage: www.pharmacyclics.com."

http://robertduggan.com/

The company that paid 21 billion for Pharmacyclics apparently didn't require or want Duggan to stick around. Duggan got 3.5 billion out of the deal and seems pleased to give his money and time to Scientology. He also seems to enjoy hanging out with Grant Cardone. Proof that someone can make lots of money but still have no "common sense".

Don't read anything at all into Duggan's departure.

The company that bought Pharmacyclics was Abbvie (formerly Abbott). When a small drug company is bought by Big Pharma, the buyer generally wants to keep some of the true experts - the biologists and chemists who invented the intellectual property, and perhaps the manufacturing guys if that's tricky. Sometimes the clinical guys are also brought in, though biotech tends to have less expertise in clinical studies than does Big Pharma.

But the legal and business guys from the startup are bought off and chucked right out - they tend to be Venture Capitalists or other, freewheeling types who definitely do NOT fit in with the bureaucratic, make-no-mistakes-but-make-no-innovations type of bean counters who inhabit the Finance and Legal departments in Big Pharma.

So, whether or not Duggan was a $cilon, Abbvie would have bid him not let the door hit his arse on the way out after the deal was inked. Other than the Co$ connection making them look at the books thrice instead of twice, I don't think Duggan really registered with J&J at all, because he was just another VC opportunist with some IP to sell to them.

Been there, done that, bought an alarming number of t-shirts.

Last edited: