What's new

Body Routing fail

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I guess they don't even bother to try to sell these people a book anymore.

Perhaps that is the future of Scientology body routing! When all "arbitraries" have been removed from the Div VI intro line.

Why get DevT'd with selling books when you can directly get your product?! MONEY!

RANT WARNING!

BODY ROUTER
(steps in front of WOG and
shoves a ticket at them)

Here! This is for you!

WOG PEDESTRIAN
No thanks.

BODY ROUTER
Wait!
(now briskly walking
along side of WOG)

WAIT! This is important!

WOG PEDESTRIAN
Nope...I'm good.
And stop following me!

BODY ROUTER
Okay, I'll stop following you
but you have to do something for me.

WOG PEDESTRIAN
How 'bout i do something for you
like call the police and have you
arrested for harassment & stalking? LOL

BODY ROUTER
Okay, let's knock off the Joking
and Degrading. That's not okay!

WOG PEDESTRIAN
Wuuuutttttttt? Hey, just back
off now man, you're really
starting to creep me out!

BODY ROUTER
I'll back off but i need you to write
a check to the Ideal Org fund?
We're buying a new building, ya know!

WOG PEDESTRIAN
Why the fuck would i write a check to
buy a new Scientology building when
I am not a Scientologist? Jesus, that's stupid!

BODY ROUTER
We need that new building
To make planetary clearing a reality!

WOG PEDESTRIAN
Do you see this thing on my keychain?
It's called MACE.

BODY ROUTER
Seriously, just a donation of any size will
help us to help Ron to achieve his dream.

WOG PEDESTRIAN
Help you to help Ron?
Achieve Ron's dream? LOL
Isn't Ron dead?

BODY ROUTER
I need that check.

WOG PEDESTRIAN
Are you mentally ill? Why the hell
would i give you money to buy a new building?
And anyways, you already have a building! And I
walk by your building every single day for the past
8 years and it's always empty. So why the hell
do you need NEW building?

BODY ROUTER
The new building will help us make planetary
clearing a reality.

WOG PEDESTRIAN
You can't clear someone in your building?

BODY ROUTER
Um. We need a new building.

WOG PEDESTRIAN
You can't answer that, can you?
Does your tech work or not work
in your current building?

BODY ROUTER
Planetary clearing. That's what we
are going for. We need to make it a reality.

WOG PEDESTRIAN
I'm going to repeat the question.
That's right, cult freak, I did your fucking com course
7 years ago. LOL. So, I'll repeat the question.
Does your tech work in your building or not?

BODY ROUTER
it-- uhhhh.....
I mean...of course it, umm....
Well--it's might work but, uhhhhhhhhhh...

WOG PEDESTRIAN
You can't answer a simple question, can you?
I'm going to repeat the question again.

BODY ROUTER
I--I---um.....I mean....well...uhh...it's uh.....
Wait a minute! You were on lines before
and you blew Ron's Bridge? That makes you
disaffected. And that means you are an SP.
I can't talk to SPs.
(Body Router quickly starts walking away)

WOG PEDESTRIAN
Yeah. That's what i thought! LOL

Last edited:

Perhaps that is the future of Scientology body routing! When all "arbitraries" have been removed from the Div VI intro line.

Why get DevT'd with selling books when you can directly get your product?! MONEY!

RANT WARNING!

BODY ROUTER
(steps in front of WOG and
shoves a ticket at them)

Here! This is for you!

WOG PEDESTRIAN
No thanks.

BODY ROUTER
Wait!
(now briskly walking
along side of WOG)

WAIT! This is important!

WOG PEDESTRIAN
Nope...I'm good.
And stop following me!

BODY ROUTER
Okay, I'll stop following you
but you have to do something for me.

WOG PEDESTRIAN
How 'bout i do something for you
like call the police and have you
arrested for harassment & stalking? LOL

BODY ROUTER
Okay, let's knock off the Joking
and Degrading. That's not okay!

WOG PEDESTRIAN
Wuuuutttttttt? Hey, just back
off now man, you're really
starting to creep me out!

BODY ROUTER
I'll back off but i need you to write
a check to the Ideal Org fund?
We're buying a new building, ya know!

WOG PEDESTRIAN
Why the fuck would i write a check to
buy a new Scientology building when
I am not a Scientologist? Jesus, that's stupid!

BODY ROUTER
We need that new building
To make planetary clearing a reality!

WOG PEDESTRIAN
Do you see this thing on my keychain?
It's called MACE.

BODY ROUTER
Seriously, just a donation of any size will
help us to help Ron to achieve his dream.

WOG PEDESTRIAN
Help you to help Ron?
Achieve Ron's dream? LOL
Isn't Ron dead?

BODY ROUTER
I need that check.

WOG PEDESTRIAN
Are you mentally ill? Why the hell
would i give you money to buy a new building?
And always, you already have a building! And I
walk by your building every single day for the past
8 years and it's always empty. So why the hell
do you need NEW building?

BODY ROUTER
The new building will help us make planetary
clearing a reality.

WOG PEDESTRIAN
You can't clear someone in your building?

BODY ROUTER
Um. We need a new building.

WOG PEDESTRIAN
You can't answer that, can you?
Does your tech work or not work
in your current building?

BODY ROUTER
Planetary clearing. That's what we
are going for. We need to make it a reality.

WOG PEDESTRIAN
I'm going to repeat the question.
That's right, cult freak, I did your fucking com course
7 years ago. LOL. So, I'll repeat the question.

BODY ROUTER
it-- uhhhh.....
I mean...of course it, umm....
Well--it's might work but, uhhhhhhhhhh...

WOG PEDESTRIAN
You can't answer a simple question, can you?
I'm going to repeat the question again.

BODY ROUTER
I--I---um.....I mean....well...uhh...it's uh.....
Wait a minute! You were on lines before
and you blew Ron's Bridge? That makes you
disaffected. And that means you are an SP.
I can't talk to SPs.
(Body Router quickly starts walking away)

WOG PEDESTRIAN
Yeah. That's what i thought! LOL

HH - WTF? Write a check? Naww man - they would carry an I-pad or a cell phone with a credit card reader. Dude. Shakes head. You gotta get out more. Mimsey

ipad1.jpg
gopayment.jpg

The_Fixer

Class Clown
All good points there guys.

One other notable point I was thinking is that even if it isn't working anymore, scientologists are not permitted to make changes to anything without the authority from above.

So even if they presented their case to Flag, they would probably be nailed for daring to question the tech or attempting to alter it, so either way, they are screwed.

So no new ideas are welcome and nothing changes. The only exceptions being how they get the cash in the bank faster (read EFTPOS, credit cards, etc) and covering their asses legally.

This in itself would be one of the biggest nails in the scientology coffin as I see it. It is probably so far behind the times now, it isn't possible for it to catch up anymore.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Frank Geltman would pay $20 to hand out 5000 tickets.

I would go down at rush hour to the Wall St. Subway exit and hand them out.

I was really making it go right, just like an OT, living on a diet of cigarettes and Hostess cupcakes!

Whoa Len.
I had no idea you knew Frank Geltman.
In 1974 he had a Christmas Party, being the owner and ED of the biggest Scientology Mission in New York
and as flamboyant as he was he knew how to put on a show.
It was big. Anyone and Everyone he knew in Manhatten was invited for free food and drink.
A True New York sized party.
As the clock ticked to midnight Frank Geltman, OT 7 proposed a toast.
As he lifted his champagne glass up high and called the toast ~~
He dropped down dead of a heart attack.

It was a high embarrassment. Some guests fled in shock never to return.

Last edited:

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
Whoa Len.
In 1974 he had a Christmas Party.
It was big. Anyone and Everyone he knew in Manhatten was invited for free food and drink.

Great story Karen!!! Thanks.

OutToe83

Patron with Honors
Hi OutToe~! Welcome to EXSMB. Is Kim Bellotte still the Executive Director of the DC Org? I heard she got canned from her post.

What happened?

She was nice but over time her personality changed as she donned the "Scientology Died In The Wool Valance" :omg:

The ED's do turn into arrogant monsters IMHO.

Hi, Knows. Sorry I can't tell you anything. I've been out of touch with anybody who stayed in FCDC since the early-mid-80's. In 1984, after being "off lines" for several years, I walked into the Org at 2025 "S" St. N.W. to try to find contact info for my ex-wife. We divorced in '78 after she joined Sea Org and when she moved to Flag with her new husband, Paul Konzik, I lost touch--didn't have a forwarding address and never heard from her. (No, I was never Declared. I was too small a fish to fry and didn't hang around pointing out the discrepancies I saw.)

Anyway, I walked in one day in '84 to see if someone could give me a number or address--she and I had parted on amiable terms, I thought--and what I got (surprise, surprise!) was heavy regging to get back on lines. I walked out while the reg was still trying to ask me questions--even then I knew that the reg protocol doesn't allow any polite way to discontinue a reg cycle other than a registration and a payment. So as soon as I saw I wasn't going to get any useful info, I got up and walked out with a question being called out behind me.

I never went in again. My only contact for a few years after that was a few other Ex's who, like me at the time, weren't yet convinced it was all BS, but knowing we didn't want to stay involved with the Co$ any more.

When were you there?

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
All good points there guys.

One other notable point I was thinking is that even if it isn't working anymore, scientologists are not permitted to make changes to anything without the authority from above.

So even if they presented their case to Flag, they would probably be nailed for daring to question the tech or attempting to alter it, so either way, they are screwed.

So no new ideas are welcome and nothing changes. The only exceptions being how they get the cash in the bank faster (read EFTPOS, credit cards, etc) and covering their asses legally.

This in itself would be one of the biggest nails in the scientology coffin as I see it. It is probably so far behind the times now, it isn't possible for it to catch up anymore.

As I read HCOPLs now I get the impression LRH culled basic management text books for ideas that he could repackage for people with a 1st or 2nd year High School education. Of course even if there were a valuable fundamental principle buried in all the babble the organization's actual conduct made it impossible to apply.

If you don't have to follow the same laws that a real world Human Resources Department must follow or the same accounting principles then this can exist in it's own hermetically sealed bubble. The problem with Body Routing is it is basically cold call sales and unless the product is what it says it is then honest people can't keep doing it and you are left with either naive or amoral body routers. After 65 years of this the wogs can sniff them both out. Even lowly wog con artists know it is stupid to work the same corner with the same con for 40 or 50 years.

If this really worked people would still be handing out cheap incense at the airport.

Gib

Crusader
body routing, what a joke alright. It's a stat push, no different really than Hubbard claiming he "cleared" 270 people in his book dianetics, :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

They think some 20 something year old punk is gonna pull in a big able fish, to reel in, and become more able? LOL Like the big fish is gonna listen to this young one, LOL

Every now and then a get a phone call message from some young one on staff, leaves an important message that will change my world, LOL

Dude, I say to myself, I know all the tricks, I was on staff, LOL

The only thing body routing might bring in, unfortunately, is somebody not well off, and joins staff, more free labor unfortunately.

Whoa Len.
In 1974 he had a Christmas Party, being the owner and ED of the biggest Scientology Mission in New York

Oh Karen, I was on staff in NYO when that happened. I had seen him around the org a few times before he kicked the bucket. At the time I was shocked - I thought OT3's were immortal. It took me a while to realize when Hubbard talked about delivering immortality he was talking about the spirit ( who, ahem, cough cough, is immortal.) But! I was going to get my power ( I was contracted staff) and I had completed my power setups - thanks to Scottie Regensberg and Steve Geltman ( his son - a class 8 ) was going to run my power!!! But, sigh. I was so amped about going whole track ( the old grade chart said power freed one from whole track engrams) he couldn't fly my rudes. Back to review - which was being done by Billy Joe Tollen.

Oh, Billy Joe was a good auditor but.... I had a DN because my attention was on his thumb. ( it was a double thumb) So, the next day, I walked into the HGC to see when I was going to get my next session - and on Sue Soloman's desk ( she was the d of P) wide open was my folder, and in big letters across the auditors report it read: FLUNK.

So, I got a review, and Jim Ferrens delivered my power - But, but, but, if truth be told - I wish Billy Joe did it. he was an old timer and likely would have run each leg to it's proper EP. Jim ran it to f/n. Quickie power in one session. And most of it was an ARCX f/n because I didn't run any whole track engrams, something I had my heart set on. I attested in suppressed grief.

Sigh.

But! it's not all bad. After I was declared I went on line and read the power process HCOBs and saw how it worked. Why nobody bothered to ask me what was going on, why Jim didn't bail when I didn't have VVGI's? I'll never know. Maybe I'll ask Trey Lotz to redo it. As if!

Oh. Did I tell you Billy was tapping the meter in that session - I guess the needle was stuck. Yeow!:duh:

Mimsey

It looked sort of like this:
thumb%2Bsize%2Bpolydactyly.jpg

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was Staff at a CL IV Org in the mid-60's and we occasionally did body routing. Nearly all of the Folks that came in via body routing were either "Bums" looking to get out of the cold or "Stoners" following "the moment" and few ever signed up for the Comm or PE Course, and all of them were "stoners" that usually "blew" although some of them joined staff while on Course or shortly thereafter.

My subsequent experience (a few years later) with body routing as a CL IV Org Ed was that Flag--per CS 6 orders(Diana)--was pounding on me constantly to body route and post 2 full time body routers. I did a detailed statistical analysis, and sent it to Flag, showing that over the last 18 months not one Academy (HSDC, CL 0-IV) Student had come from body routing and that 62% of the Academy Students came from FSM's, 35% from Missions/DCG's and the remainder from book buyers that had done Extension Courses (I excluded TTC/Staff from my analysis). My premise was that the Org's Purpose would be better served by focusing resources and efforts on FSM support, Mission/DCG backup and selling books rather than body routing.

The result was that Diana ordered I be Sec Checked for CI to "Expansion" and I was "Hounded" daily by Flag to have body routers out constantly. And BTW, "yes", young attractive females were the most "productive" and, "no", did that lead to more Academy Students.

Poor Diana...She was soooo clueless and it wasn't until I wound up on the Apollo not long afterwards that I fully understood why--which I have written about previously on ESMB.

Face:)

Last edited:

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
I was Staff at a CL IV Org in the mid-60's and we occasionally did body routing. Nearly all of the Folks that came in via body routing were either "Bums" looking to get out of the cold or "Stoners" following "the moment" and few ever signed up for the Comm or PE Course, and all of them were "stoners" that usually "blew" although some of them joined staff while on Course or shortly thereafter.

My subsequent experience (a few years later) with body routing as a CL IV Org Ed was that Flag--per CS 6 orders(Diana)--was pounding on me constantly to body route and post 2 full time body routers. I did a detailed statistical analysis, and sent it to Flag, showing that over the last 18 months not one Academy (HSDC, CL 0-IV) Student had come from body routing and that 62% of the Academy Students came from FSM's, 35% from Missions/DCG's and the remainder from book buyers that had done Extension Courses (I excluded TTC/Staff from my analysis). My premise was that the Org's Purpose would be better served by focusing resources and efforts on FSM support, Mission/DCG backup and selling books rather than body routing.

The result was that Diana ordered I be Sec Checked for CI to "Expansion" and I was "Hounded" daily by Flag to have body routers out constantly. And BTW, "yes", young attractive females were the most "productive" and, "no", did that lead to more Academy Students.

Poor Diana...She was soooo clueless and it wasn't until I wound up on the Apollo not long afterwards that I fully understood why--which I have written about previously on ESMB.

Great Post. You're not supposed to think but do. LOLOLOLOL. Your results with body routing match my observations. Looking back, I'm thinking that the insistence on body routing took attention off real dissemination. A great deal of Scn was like that. Simply find a policy and do that instead of confront and handle.

Ahem. You might want to fix that. :)

And thanks for the 6 megapixel image of that grotesque body part. Just what I needed with breakfast.

Paul
Bleary eyed late night posts sink Mimsey's ship once again.

My apologies to Billy Joe - it was Jim Ferrens who was tapping his meter during the power session, and Paul - if there were a smaller image I would have posted it. I knew it was too big - I struggled with posting the below, but Billy never came across as effeminate.

Mimsey

0000000548_10.jpg

Whoa Len.

Hey Karen, My wife thinks he passed earlier than 74. It's because we were out here in 74, and he passed when I was back on staff at NYO. Mimsey

Terril park

Sponsor
Contrary to majority opinion here I saw body routing work circa
1980. London org was then situated on Tottenham Ct Rd which had very
high foot traffic. There were at least 3 universities within 100-200
yards, and many somewhat up ,market stores, and next to a
metro station, and Tottenham ct rd had 3 metro lines and stations
in close proximity. Also London has more universities than any other
city, 48.

Then we had the good fortune to have 2 israeli staff. The body
router, georgeous, exotic, very good tone 40, she'd pull anyone
into the org. Then the guy the div 6 reg, VERY hard closer. The result
was that the div 6 course room had consistently 20-35 on course.

That was then...this is now.

Dianetics & Scientology Life Improvement CentreWebsiteDirections
17 Google reviews
Shop
Address: 68 Tottenham Court Rd, London W1T 2EZ
Phone:020 7580 3601
Hours: Closed Now

Also google images and approx 1 third cntain anonymous.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...KEwjC_KL8icPKAhWJzRQKHY8CAToQ_AUICCgD&dpr=1.5

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey Karen, My wife thinks he passed earlier than 74. It's because we were out here in 74, and he passed when I was back on staff at NYO. Mimsey

I was given the assignment of FESing (Flub catching errors) of Frank Geltman's folders in January 1975 on the Apollo immediately after his death, New Year's day. My dates are correct.

The Cult then gave his wife Helen a terrible time, confiscated the mission and threw her to the curb. Soon after she died. But this was after Flag Land Base had more or less robbed her of her life's savings.

Scientology Inc has always been willing to harm to succeed "the greatest good" at work.

The_Fixer

Class Clown

That bolded bit Face.... Where would I find what you wrote about it? You have piqued my interest.....

Great post though.

Contrary to majority opinion here I saw body routing work circa
1980. London org was then situated on Tottenham Ct Rd which had very
high foot traffic. There were at least 3 universities within 100-200
yards, and many somewhat up ,market stores, and next to a
metro station, and Tottenham ct rd had 3 metro lines and stations
in close proximity. Also London has more universities than any other
city, 48.

What you said Terrill was a perfect example of timing and location where that technique has a chance of working. 3 universities there means a perfect hunting ground of very curious people.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great Post. You're not supposed to think but do. LOLOLOLOL. Your results with body routing match my observations. Looking back, I'm thinking that the insistence on body routing took attention off real dissemination. A great deal of Scn was like that. Simply find a policy and do that instead of confront and handle.

Right. I recall a policy where LRH even said something to the effect that policy was only needed to the extent that someone wasn't there. As in, not in "Present time" or thinking for themselves. LRH did like initiative and creative thinking - as long as it was exactly what he wanted. Using attractive women to body route would qualify but statistically demonstrating that it wasn't viable, not so much.